HT-12 can do one !

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

OneSock #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35265 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Bloody hate this mission... it's stupid... ok, bounce your own HP, not so hard. Bounce 2x you HP, ok, reasonably tricky but every so often, it happens.

Bounce 3x your HP ??????? Sod that, it's bloody hens teeth.

The thing you see is that after they bounce the first few shots, the gold comes flying. There's no skill to this mission it's just pure luck if you get some window licker shooting high alpha AP at you.

bleeugh :angry:

Update: 

Finally completed HT-12 for T55A.

Ensk Map, assault mode. STI. No arty. Tier 9 game. Took the east side of map with backup picking them off slowly. And miracle of miracles no gold spam !

:izmena:

Edited by OneSock, 15 March 2018 - 10:56 AM.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19769 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOneSock, on 16 January 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

Bloody hate this mission... it's stupid... ok, bounce your own HP, not so hard. Bounce 2x you HP, ok, reasonably tricky but every so often, it happens.

The thing you see is that after they bounce the first few shots, the gold comes flying. There's no skill to this mission it's just pure luck if you get some window licker shooting high alpha AP at you.

once I bounced 10K on my IS-4. Most of it gold from a T110E3.

Usually the more recommanded tanks for this mission are

T7: T29

T8: KV-4, VK100.01P

T9: ST-I, Mausechen, E75(IIRC)

T10: Maus, Type5, IS-4

Also remember that the mission consider just base HP of the tank (so bonus HP given by top turret is not counted).

Sfinski #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31946 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Use the extra order-what-not what we got for compensation. That's what I did.

Hamsterkicker #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34421 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB

You forgot the VK4502B... Best tank for this.. If you are top tier on a relatively open map you can just drive up the enemy, get spotted and take shots forever while wiggling.. Most tanks even with gold will not pen at all.

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48073 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Did ht-15.3 with st-1, skipped ht-15.4. Having a type 4 or so would definitely help with these missions, since people usually stop shooting at turrets of is7s and t32s.

dan_dix #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14412 battles

I once bounced 8K with my Kv-220-2 (600ish HP)... :trollface: OP tank, I totally agree.

_Dunc_ #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38235 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDava_117, on 16 January 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

once I bounced 10K on my IS-4. Most of it gold from a T110E3.

Usually the more recommanded tanks for this mission are

T7: T29

T8: KV-4, VK100.01P

T9: ST-I, Mausechen, E75(IIRC)

T10: Maus, Type5, IS-4

Also remember that the mission consider just base HP of the tank (so bonus HP given by top turret is not counted).

bouncing anything with IS-4 is random - STI much more reliable, and doesn't have weakspot above the mantle.

I think I did most of the bounce missions in STI by simply waiting until Malinovka south spawn (much more common rotation back then), driving to window of building, firing every 20 seconds or so to remain spotted... bounced 7x in the end.

OFC, this was when nobody played jap heavies, or spammed as much prem as now.

The other issue is that average game time is so short now, there's often no time to bounce much more than twice your HP before one side or the other collapses

Edited by German_Dunc, 16 January 2018 - 09:19 PM.

commer #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View PostHamsterkicker, on 16 January 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

You forgot the VK4502B... Best tank for this.. If you are top tier on a relatively open map you can just drive up the enemy, get spotted and take shots forever while wiggling.. Most tanks even with gold will not pen at all.

Not after it was nerfed.

Get a tank that has very strong sides like KV4, Maus, IS4, Go lakeville road an get spoted. Wait for morons to shoot your angled sides. Do the mission in 1 try.

Homer_J #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28992 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postdan_dix, on 16 January 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I once bounced 8K with my Kv-220-2 (600ish HP)... :trollface: OP tank, I totally agree.

Which won't count for the mission because it's too low a tier.

OneSock #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35265 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSfinski, on 16 January 2018 - 05:27 PM, said:

Use the extra order-what-not what we got for compensation. That's what I did.

Yeah I've been trying to figure that out.... you get 1 order for each xx-15 mission completed right ?

so I have completed all of xx-15.1 and xx-15.2 and also LT-15.3 so that's 11 orders. I never saw a 12th order, unless you have to claim it somehow ?

or am i wrong ? 

djuro900 #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16826 battles

View PostOneSock, on 16 January 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

Buy vk 1001p. I just bought it few days ago, and while i am crap in it (speed just kills me) and fully stock i managed to block 10k damage two days ago. You just need some rubble to hude lower plate,angle your armor and enjoy. Well you also need stupid enemy who keeps shooting you :)

OneSock #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35265 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGerman_Dunc, on 16 January 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

I think I did most of the bounce missions in STI by simply waiting until Malinovka south spawn (much more common rotation back then), driving to window of building, firing every 20 seconds or so to remain spotted... bounced 7x in the end.

I will have to try that next time. However, as you say these days games are shorter and more gold fired. you still have to score 2000 damage (and survive and win for the honours).

As I said, problem is once you've bounced 2x your HP, most people give up, shoot gold/HE or go do something else.

I need to try with superheavy. my OI crew is not yet good enough to move up that line. I want to put snapshot on the gunner at least.

OneSock #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35265 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postdjuro900, on 17 January 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Well you also need stupid enemy who keeps shooting you :)

I dream of this. :D

lord_chipmonk #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34064 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostDava_117, on 16 January 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

Not as far as I am aware. Can someone confirm/deny? AFAIK, if you want it calculated from base xp of stock turret, you need to equip stock turret. 

tajj7 #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25557 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Probably one of the easier missions IMO, with the right tank doable on pretty much any map I reckon. Key is to not kill tank that are bouncing on you, kill the ones that fire premium/and or have very high pen and the ones that start shooting HE. 

Find something to bully and just force it into the corner, I did this with the E75 against an IS, blocked like 6k damage just by keeping this poor IS player backed up into a corner. 

Also did it with the VKB by poking the front through the gap on airfield when top tier, so all the base camping bots in their TDs can shoot you. A Jagdtiger bounce me like 10 times alone. 

Dr_ownape #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44018 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Its not an easy mission to do with honours. I had to go back and complete, with honours, HT-12 for the T55a recently and I decided to grind the Maus line and at some point it would naturally come to me. Well it didn't. After trying with the VK and Mauschen through the grind and then with the maus I still hadn't completed it after 300 ish games. So then I stuck a decent crew in my T32 and tried with that to no avail too as you also need to do damage, which then puts your enemies off. Eventually I stuck my Maus on the mid ridge on Prok, sniped a few TDs and waited and waited. the problem is arty, gold, Super heavy HE, and not killing the enemy too early. But then if you just sit and absorb damage your team either wins or dies quickly and you get flanked.

I feel your pain fella, just keep trying.

Dava_117 #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19769 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 17 January 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

Not as far as I am aware. Can someone confirm/deny? AFAIK, if you want it calculated from base xp of stock turret, you need to equip stock turret. 

In a previous thread about this mission some evidence about this emerged. People completing it with less that the required damage blocked considering the top turret HP, but actually boucing more that the requirement considering stock HP. 

Never checked personally, but as soon as I unlock T55A HT mission I will try it out.

Graeme0 #18 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25095 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

I feel your pain. Stuck on this one myself despite many attemps.

I did the previous campaign blocking mission in my ONi with a scmuck pinging his Churchill off me all game so i just sat there... and he kept pinging.. so I just sat there...!!!!

Not been able to replicate it since and now fine either the gild comes out, I get flanked or the battle moves on from my decent spot

UrQuan #19 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19711 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 17 January 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

It seems the game uses the base HP to award the mission. Equipping topturret or stock turret doesn't matter (even if topturret grants HP, the extra HP isn't taken into account). As Dava point out, there was an earlier discussion about this. 

A good & easy verifier (that doesn't include the mission granted) is the 'shellproof' award, it gets granted when you block more damage then your own HP. When in a KV-4, this gets granted once you blocked 1600 damage, even if you have the topturret equipped, giving you 1700 HP (topturret grants 100 HP)

Regarding the HT-12 mission & block triple damage of your HP. It's not an easy mission, but not too hard either. In a way it's like the high damage missions some of the other classes get. Sure it's not easy, but if you are experienced in your class, you'll get it. High blocking damage just needs the right circumstances, just like high damage games do.

Important for this mission is a tank with an easy angling armor scheme, so you can anticipate easier on incoming shells, angling your tanks correctly in a multitude of situations. Good hulldown tanks can also be good for this.

Note: tanks that turn invulnerable easy are actually not as good to try the mission, because people won't shoot them enough (unless dumb enemies), hence IS-7 isn't the best for it; sure it becomes practially Invulnerable hulldown, but people won't shoot you, or they fire the HE.

With that mentioned, seeing HE tanks in enemy lineups will make the task alot harder. Focusing down those derp tanks should be your primary concern when going for this mission.

For which tanks suit this mission best? Generally, armored tanks with a good & reliable armor scheme work good, not having excessive hitpoints helps alot for HT-12 if you're not used driving armored tanks.

The excessive HP thingie is why Maus is actually not the best choice for the HT-12 mission. While the Maus is a formidable damage blocker, 9K is alot & not something you get unless you know your way around armor or a very stupid (enemy) team.

Blocking 9K in Maus requires you to drive willingly into enemy lines as they barrage you (with gold likely) and still block practically all incoming shells. Knowing the map & paying attention to enemy lineups & angles helps alot in this.

Hence, tanks with good armor schemes & no excessive HP are best advised, the various higher tier german heavies are good, as is KV-4 & ST-I (got to keep more attention to cupola now tho, got a bit easier to pen, so wiggle turret) & some of the hulldown tanks of other nations can do it as well.

Do note, the increase of HE shells did make the mission harder then it used to be. You can block prem ammo with most armored tanks, but you can't block HE.

Edited by UrQuan, 17 January 2018 - 01:08 PM.

beercritch #20 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38086 battles

The problem i see with both HT-12 and HT-15 missions (especially for the 3rd and 4th tanks) is that you can play a great game in one of the tanks mentioned here - get a mastery ace tanker badge and still be only half way to the total damage blocked.

It seems to me that the levels are simply set too high for these heavy missions. Compare HT 15 missions for example  to the corresponding SPG-15 missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users