XVM is pushing people to commit suicide ingame.

XVM suicide players.

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

StinkyCamper #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20393 battles
XVM is becoming more toxic by the day, i often see players who say  "oh we have no chance and they run straight for enemy not event trying to do something for the team" . Why is this XVM allowed ? 

Jumping_Turtle #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58546 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostStinkyCamper, on 16 January 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

XVM is becoming more toxic by the day, i often see players who say  "oh we have no chance and they run straight for enemy not event trying to do something for the team" . Why is this XVM allowed ? 

The problem are these players, not XVM

Jack_Sparroxx #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51453 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP
cus WG gut devaloper..  kare mush abut payin custumors 

ArgentHellion #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8212 battles

The simple reasoning why XVM is allowed is because it doesn't provide a clearly

exploitable advantage over the opposition. You get to see the stats of all the players

in the battle and that's pretty much it, just stats, and those can surprise you more

often then not.

Yes I've experienced numerous situations when someone starts cursing the team

because of this the moment the countdown starts, I've also seen players commit

suicide after flipping the team off... but I've also experienced games when some

random egotist bashed the team and team actually ended up winning.

HeidenSieker #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostStinkyCamper, on 16 January 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

It would be OK if it did not have "win chance" and did not show the enemy team's stats in battles.

Jumping_Turtle #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58546 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostHeidenSieker, on 16 January 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

It would be OK if it did not have "win chance"

It doesnt do that anymore since July

ArgentHellion #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8212 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 16 January 2018 - 06:54 PM, said:

It would be OK if it did not have "win chance" and did not show the enemy team's stats in battles.

I think that's the main reason why people tend to use it, they don't give a flying peep

about their team, it's all about knowing what they're up against.

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHeidenSieker, on 16 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

It doesnt do that anymore since July

Problem is, they just look at the pretty colours and let third party software dictate their game for them.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostArgentHellion, on 16 January 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

I think that's the main reason why people tend to use it, they don't give a flying peep

about their team, it's all about knowing what they're up against.

Which is kind odd really because, as we all know, statistics can be manipulated to suit any agenda.

It's this blind obsession with numbers that is the real problem.

Jumping_Turtle #10 Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58546 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 January 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Problem is, they just look at the pretty colours and let third party software dictate their game for them.

True, but that is the players problem and not XVM. I also use it and never suicide when I see the teams or start cursing at my team. If anything it makes me do my best even more when facing an tougher opponent.

Erwin_Von_Braun #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 January 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

True, but that is the players problem and not XVM. I also use it and never suicide when I see the teams or start cursing at my team. If anything it makes me do my best even more when facing an tougher opponent.

If only there were more players like you sir.

Personally, I play totally vanilla & always have.

I have never intentionally suicide and never would - to me it just seems dumb.

StinkyCamper #12 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20393 battles
I am not naive, i realize that xvm  site as mod get a lot of hits and makes a lot of money, never the less its someone inside wargaming who makes this sidemoney along . But wargaming should protect its own interests as a company and see that as what it is. a flaw in game. And someone who knows programing and the engine of the game well, to be able to code this mod who cane be used as exploit too. This is a taint to the game.  Especiallty that EULA says no third party programs.

Edited by StinkyCamper, 16 January 2018 - 07:07 PM.

Duvelske #13 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17126 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

I used to Platoon with Some friends.. But i did quit that, due to them complaining everytime About purple players on the enemy team ans red on the own team. Also the win chance that one too. And if its not that it is About unbalanced teams. 3 superheavy tanks on enemy team and 0 on ours. Last one i Remember the enemy had among the 3 superheavy Also 2 t95 in Platoon and welke got constateert.. So Yeah wg balance is great. 

Furthermore you Also see a lot of xvm focus and even if Some are in front of me and way easier to shoot they have to shoot me or if im Lucky someone else is better and they focus them first. I know you are now saying its [edited], But ironicly i asked from the 5 matches it happened on an evening the players focussing me were using xvm. My friend that was in my Platoon Told me as he can see that as he uses xvm too. So Yes the focus really exists and Then im Lucky not to have that SO much as Some do with better overal stats as me

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStinkyCamper, on 16 January 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

I am not naive, i realize that xvm  site as mod get a lot of hits and makes a lot of money, never the less its someone inside wargaming who makes this sidemoney along . But wargaming should protect its own interests as a company and see that as what it is. a flaw in game. And someone who knows programing and the engine of the game well, to be able to code this mod who cane be used as exploit too. This is a taint to the game.

Agreed - the benefits it brings are far outweighed by the toxicity that it generates.

Erwin_Von_Braun #15 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDuvelske, on 16 January 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

I used to Platoon with Some friends.. But i did quit that, due to them complaining everytime About purple players on the enemy team ans red on the own team. Also the win chance that one too. And if its not that it is About unbalanced teams. 3 superheavy tanks on enemy team and 0 on ours. Last one i Remember the enemy had among the 3 superheavy Also 2 t95 in Platoon and welke got constateert.. So Yeah wg balance is great.

Furthermore you Also see a lot of xvm focus and even if Some are in front of me and way easier to shoot they have to shoot me or if im Lucky someone else is better and they focus them first. I know you are now saying its [edited], But ironicly i asked from the 5 matches it happened on an evening the players focussing me were using xvm. My friend that was in my Platoon Told me as he can see that as he uses xvm too. So Yes the focus really exists and Then im Lucky not to have that SO much as Some do with better overal stats as me

You should try my approach - become REALLY bad at the game, then suddenly everyone stops focusing you because of your bright-redness :trollface:

Jumping_Turtle #16 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58546 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 January 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

If only there were more players like you sir.

Personally, I play totally vanilla & always have.

I have never intentionally suicide and never would - to me it just seems dumb.

I use it mostly for two things. Crew changing between tanks and the lightbulbs ingame to see who is spotted/was spotted and wasnt spotted so far. I could live without all other things XVM provides me, but I do have to admit I like seeing how good the players are individually. Would have preferred it to be the recent numbers on just that tank, but I kinda like stats and see how good people are. But could very well live without it. Those two things first mentioned I would really miss.

XVM for me is just some handy tool which gave me fun and helps me in those two things but it never gets to my nerves. Thats why I said earlier it is how the players cope with the information they get, and not the program itself. Its the players who cant controll themself.

_LEO_ #17 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 54071 battles
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ

View PostArgentHellion, on 16 January 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

The simple reasoning why XVM is allowed is because it doesn't provide a clearly

exploitable advantage over the opposition.

It does provide a significant advantage to better players.

If you see terrible player holding the flank, you know that you can easily go and kill him without any support from your team.

Erwin_Von_Braun #18 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36065 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 16 January 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

I use it mostly for two things. Crew changing between tanks and the lightbulbs ingame to see who is spotted/was spotted and wasnt spotted so far. I could live without all other things XVM provides me, but I do have to admit I like seeing how good the players are individually. Would have preferred it to be the recent numbers on just that tank, but I kinda like stats and see how good people are. But could very well live without it. Those two things first mentioned I would really miss.

XVM for me is just some handy tool which gave me fun and helps me in those two things but it never gets to my nerves. Thats why I said earlier it is how the players cope with the information they get, and not the program itself. Its the players who cant controll themself.

Indeed, you would almost think that the game was full of petty, small minded children who simply don't know how to enjoy themselves.

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58546 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostDuvelske, on 16 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

And if its not that it is About unbalanced teams. 3 superheavy tanks on enemy team and 0 on ours. Last one i Remember the enemy had among the 3 superheavy Also 2 t95 in Platoon and welke got constateert.. So Yeah wg balance is great. 

But that has nothing to do with xvm. You would get unbalanced teams even if they would ban xvm.

Furthermore you Also see a lot of xvm focus and even if Some are in front of me and way easier to shoot they have to shoot me

Thats not much to do with xvm. They hardly see you as a thread. They only see your overall winrate and WN8 and that is just average.

thiextar #20 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15342 battles
Its not xvm:s fault that morons exists. Xvm is very usefull if you use it correctly, and very bad for you if you use it incorrectly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users