Update 9.22 Public Test Feedback - New HD Models

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 698 battles

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the New HD Models in Update 9.22's Public Test in this topic.

Cheers,

Kandly

Lentomies1 #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28785 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

AMX 40 looks pretty nice, but the lower plate armour looks flatter = worse armour.

I suggest that you should increase the armour on the lower plate or just make it slope a little more.

petar2203 #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36405 battles
Put Sherman Jumbo in HD please, that's my most favorite t6 tank

Innapropriate_Username #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11624 battles

View PostKandly, on 16 January 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the New HD Models in Update 9.22's Public Test in this topic.

Cheers,

Kandly

Instead of Adding extra tracks that count as thicker armor to Tiger1H 3d model, YOU REMOVE IT FROM VISUAL SKIN... that is just.... shame on you...  important to add rasha log...

Visual model reflects turret roof "modification", why do you not give it 45mm thick roof thickness like in history, late war Tiger1 got thicker turret roof for better defence against air attacks, even in WAR THUNDER Tiger1 has thicker roof.

Why Why WHYYY is roof over-match auto-pen zone for every gun from tier4 and UP??

New visual model reflects some modification, you can remove at least one part of collision model so it is not auto-pen for every gun in the game.

But good thing you added 60mm spaced ring around turret ring, as if that does anything. Just drop Tiger down to Tier5 where it belongs and end this suffering.

PS / Edit

You know, this just sickens me, good you nerfed Maus for "OP ARMOR" just one patch before you start pumping out and over-buffing every other tank in game, Panzer7 is missing half of turret, new RASHA tanks dont even have cupolas or weakspots - but good that they keep option of 340mm HEAT PEN.... as for Tiger "NEW HD";

WOOOOOW YES! This will block so much damage, oh BOY dat ring will bounce all the 122mm shells that go to all Blue auto-pen zones, if they miss regular butter box,

But not to worry comrades;

Please just rename it to Tog2-H, and reduce speed to 20kmh to keep in line with other useless garbage joke tanks in game.

Edited by Innapropriate_Username, 20 January 2018 - 12:12 AM.

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11416 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
These changes are not OK. Can't you see you are ruining the game? 

NarancsKutya #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11320 battles
For my opinion the Tiger 1 look really better now but, Innapropriate_Username has a point first we need those tracks in the front hull and second add a roof buff and those track count as armor. It will help the Tiger 1 a little bit. 

Edited by NarancsKutya, 20 January 2018 - 11:25 AM.

NarancsKutya #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11320 battles
I like to play with german tanks, its give me more fun with playing with other nation tanks but, most of them weaker then their tier counterparts. Sadly i cant play with hungarian tanks. So they need some love do not nerf them. I know this is a "russian game" but i hope my feedback finds his way to someone who well recognize that something is wrong. :)

Edited by NarancsKutya, 20 January 2018 - 11:34 AM.

Tomek4494 #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6728 battles

Visual model is OK, but collision model is pathetic. Innapropriate_Username has already told what WG should change.

BTW. Why sometimes tracks are counted as extra armor and sometimes not? It is absurd and makes game no fair.

ndiver #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 19641 battles
  • [_7TH_] _7TH_

After re-checking, the collision model of the Tiger is almost not changed:

Current: https://tanks.gg/tank/tiger-i/model

9.22: https://tanks.gg/v09...k/tiger-i/model

There autopen area was already there, the tracks were already not considered. No nerf then.

toodo_cxh #10 Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48993 battles

Stop toushing the tiger!!! Just make it using a new HD looking not adding garbage on to it and make it not as good looking as it is manufactured!!!!

HD Models

And all these new USSR tanks are ugly as hell.... Why all the new HD models from WG has to have all those ugly old Russian gipsy lady decorations??? (I mean the trash bags, the wood logs and disorganised folded clothing everywhere....) Ok, I understand that it is very historical, but it is also a symbol of very disorganised military maintenance services to the tanks, so that a tank must carry all these stuff for itself. Which in WWII only USSR and USA have this problem severly throughout the war... UKs barely had this problem (Before D-day at least, after D-day joined the USA and turned badly, hahaha) and Germans only suffers from it at the very end of the war. Before 1945, all tanks looks so nice for German.... So why your newly updated Tiger I HD model looks so ugly (with so many gipsy decorations (wires.... helmets for no reason...) and looks as if about to broke down (just look at the exhuasts and tracks...)???)

At least add an option to let players choose the appearance.

At least let us choose if we want to see a well maintenanced brand new Tiger I or awounded, long in service Tiger I....

And this can be applied to any tank in the game so that all players ahve a chance to be happy about the looking of what they are driving....

Veres_ZG #11 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11176 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY
Buff Tiger I armour, especially turret armour. And keep the tracks on the hull!

PrzytrzymanyDydek #12 Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19949 battles
New Tiger looks really fantastic, but I agree that the spare track links should remain as they were AND count as additional armour, although previously they have not. The tank is already quite easy to pen even by tier V tanks so strengthening vulnerable areas would help this mediocre heavy tank withstand a bit more battering. Also, there are serious inconsistencies in armour layouts of various tanks and strangely enough Tiger's predecessor, VK 36.01 (H), has stronger LFP than tier VII, which is ridiculous. On top of that, there's no reason for Tiger's lower plate to be weaker than one on the IS, which also has additional tracks.

Tinbawx #13 Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14747 battles
  • [SNOB] SNOB

Have to agree on the track links. I mean come on. Considering the overall armour layout of the Tiger I, the track links aren´t significant for balance purposes anyways.

For balancing utterly unimportant, there´s only two possible outcomes when it comes  to the reception of these changes:

1. People don´t notice/care

2. The inconsistency p*sses people off

There´s nothing to gain here for WG, the reaction is either going to be neutral or negative. Nobody is gonna say "Hey Wargaming, I´m so happy that the Tiger never got the extra armour for track links, while the IS tanks do, I really appreciate that you´re removing them now." Seems quite ham-fisted to me.

Edited by Tinbawx, 22 January 2018 - 06:02 PM.

ndiver #14 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 19641 battles
  • [_7TH_] _7TH_

View PostPrzytrzymanyDydek, on 22 January 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

New Tiger looks really fantastic, but I agree that the spare track links should remain as they were AND count as additional armour, although previously they have not. The tank is already quite easy to pen even by tier V tanks so strengthening vulnerable areas would help this mediocre heavy tank withstand a bit more battering. Also, there are serious inconsistencies in armour layouts of various tanks and strangely enough Tiger's predecessor, VK 36.01 (H), has stronger LFP than tier VII, which is ridiculous. On top of that, there's no reason for Tiger's lower plate to be weaker than one on the IS, which also has additional tracks.

The most important is that it remains as it was, there is no nerf neither buff. The spare tracks did not counted as armor, it does not change.

But yes, i agree, there are inconsistencies between tanks in term of presence of spare tracks counting as extra armor or not.

Also tagged with 9.22

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users