Update 9.22 Public Test - General Feedback

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 695 battles

Commanders,

Please share your general feedback regarding Update 9.22's Public Test in this topic.

For other types of feedback, consult the following list:

Update 9.22 Public Test Feedback - Soviet Medium Tanks rebalance

Update 9.22 Public Test Feedback - Soviet Heavy Tanks

Update 9.22 Public Test Feedback - Soviet TD changes

Update 9.22 Public Test Feedback - New HD Models

Update 9.22 Public Test Feedback - Bug Reports

Cheers,

Kandly

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29745 battles

POPULAR

Please don't move the Obj.263 to tier 9!

If you think that Obj.263 is consistent enough to sit on tier 9, I say it's total bullcrap that it needs to be moved in the first place. If you think that Obj.263 is too weak for tier 10, then buff it, but keep it at tier 10 and stop removing variety from the game!

Why can't you add the Obj.268V4 as an additional tier 10 TD instead?

Moving Obj.263 to tier 9 is a very, very bad change, mainly because:

• Obj.263 is a unique vehicle of its class in tier 10 games. Not only does it offer unique gameplay compared to other tier 10 TDs, out of 11 TD branches currently in the game, only 4 of them has a tier 10 TD with an alpha below 600 damage. And with this change you want to change that 4 into a 3.
  • Obj.263 fits into the branch perfectly. It has low alpha compared to other TDs, just like the other tanks in the branch. It has good mobility and a rear mounted gun with bad gun depression, just like the other tanks in the branch. You even want to keep Obj.263 yourself in the branch, isn't that proof enough that the vehicle fits the branch? So why move it to tier 9? You started by removing tanks that didn't fit in other branches, now it seems you're editing branches left and right just because you can.
  • Obj.263 costs 692'710 xp to unlock, if we count the xp all the way from the start of the branch. Do you have atleast an idea of the amount of time a player has to put in to grind all that xp? And those players that decide which branch they want to grind depending on the tier 10, which tank do you think they wanted when they started the grind? Exactly, they wanted the Obj.263, not something else.

Let's see what you want this line to become:

Update 9.22 Preview—USSR Tree Revision

• High forward and backward mobility combined with medium maneuverability, which lets them quickly reach and occupy key positions and retreat back to safety
  • Good frontal armor to deflect enemy shells, but weak side armor and lower front plates
  • Average damage per shot with a high reload time to compensate for mobility and protection
  • Accuracy and aiming time balanced to make them effective at short-to-medium range, but also reduce their effectiveness at long range
  • Poor elevation angles due to historical design

What you described above is exactly what the Obj.263 is, except it has a better gun. So you want to "fix" an unpopular line by making it even worse? Hello?!?!?!

Players have made it very clear that this is not what they want. Take a look in this thread at the Russian forum. That's currently 91 pages of discussion where players are very unhappy with this change. Take a look at this other thread at the Russian forum. That's currently 12 pages of discussion where players also are very unhappy with this change. Take a look around on your own European forum, how happy does players seem about this change? WG, if you proceed with this change, never ever dare to say that you listen to your players feedback again.

Instead, I have 2 other suggestions for you:

WG, you say that you listen to our feedback. Now is the time to prove that!

If you agree that Obj.263 should remain at tier 10 with either its current stats or buffed stats, please repost the image above to show your support. Don't forget how WG wanted to destroy the BatChat branch, and now they want to do it again with the Obj.263 branch. We managed to stop them then, and if we protest loud enough, we might be able to stop them again.

#KeepObj263AtTier10 :izmena: :izmena: :izmena:

killershott001 #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24612 battles
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC

The 263 is fine as it is.

You say the 263 doesn't suit tier 10 so you moved it down a tier and nerfed it to oblivion so that is has no DPM and is basically worthless 

Leave it how it is and actually have some variety in the TD rather than all of them hitting for 600+

The line is all about have good mobility and DPM the tier 7 and 8 are not about Armour at all yet for some reason you think it should be changed so that they are Trash 

gg well nerfed into oblivion 

#KeepObj263AtTier10

ProMaster_2013 #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28846 battles
  • [X-FOR] X-FOR

Hey huh anyone else is with problems downloading the test server?

Page error

Bravo_youBlowUpYourBrain #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Player

• Player
  • 30188 battles
  • [100TH] 100TH
#KeepObj263AtTier10

HELIKAON #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36014 battles
  • [BOBS_] BOBS_

let me keep the su 122 54.

if you have the tank in the garage at the moment of the patch has been a great implementation to the game but shouldnt be for tier 10 only

i dont know why people hate that tank its incredible and im sure im not the only one. 

just not a vocal group

h2il_k2rner #7 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2475 battles
  • [MAPI] MAPI

Is test server already running and if it is why didnt i recive the email that gives me new pasword????

Edited by h2il_k2rner, 19 January 2018 - 04:32 PM.

Gotharion #8 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38134 battles
  • [VS_MM] VS_MM
GENERAL PROBLEM WITH TEST CLIENT

For some reason, when I try to access the download link to the test server client, I can't. I have tried 4 browsers (Firefox - default, Opera, Chrome, Edge) and these were the results...
Edge and Chrome - "The website you are trying to reach cannot be accessed"
Opera - just stops loading after 2 seconds, leaving a blank page
Firefox (linked to my antivirus and firewall) - Blocks the page giving me info: "This website is trying to perform a Mallware attack on your computer"

I get the same results on 3 differnt computers (PC, 2 laptops).

Also, while the forum website seems to be working ok, when I'm on the main WG EU website, I log in, but as soon as I go onto any sub-site (event info, news, etc.) the website immediately logs me out...

Never had any such issues in the past. Neither with the website, nor with the test server. Not sure what is happening,

kaimu_ #9 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3684 battles

View Posth2il_k2rner, on 19 January 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Is test server already running and if it is why didnt i recive the email that gives me new pasword????

you don't need a new password for the test server

kaimu_ #10 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3684 battles

View PostGotharion, on 19 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

GENERAL PROBLEM WITH TEST CLIENT

For some reason, when I try to access the download link to the test server client, I can't. I have tried 4 browsers (Firefox - default, Opera, Chrome, Edge) and these were the results...
Edge and Chrome - "The website you are trying to reach cannot be accessed"
Opera - just stops loading after 2 seconds, leaving a blank page
Firefox (linked to my antivirus and firewall) - Blocks the page giving me info: "This website is trying to perform a Mallware attack on your computer"

I get the same results on 3 differnt computers (PC, 2 laptops).

Also, while the forum website seems to be working ok, when I'm on the main WG EU website, I log in, but as soon as I go onto any sub-site (event info, news, etc.) the website immediately logs me out...

Never had any such issues in the past. Neither with the website, nor with the test server. Not sure what is happening,

the servers are overflowed right now there is even a queue

TsundereWaffle #11 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26579 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

#KeepObj263AtTier10  

I'll just copy and paste what I posted in the TD topic since the changes are just retarded, how much crayons do they have at the WG office?

The Tier 9 263 is absolute garbage. Just make the 263 an alternate Tier 10 TD and keep the SU-122-54

ClownFake #12 Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1316 battles
  • [I-S-] I-S-
Game client crashes when entering game match!

zo0lykas #13 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38056 battles
all servers busy, iam in q number 3200 ?? how we can test if server not in progress?

SoldierB #14 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36362 battles
My antivirus program don't like test client installer............

TacPenguin #15 Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41618 battles

Installed 9.22 Public test server.

Researched all the new Russian Heavy , Medium, Td Tanks

Played 1 game in each tank.

Uninstalled Public Test server.   Will not install Test server again

Test server is utterly pointless.

In 7 battles played  i was hit by 3 regular rounds and over a hundred premium HEAT and APCR  (I stopped counting at 100)

Seriously what is the point of this test server??

To evaluate a tanks strengths and weakness.  Determine a play style?? What?????   with this insane GOLD ammo Spam it is pointless you cant learn much as it is just full of people who want to shoot stuff like fools at no cost and run around like headless chickens.

Back to normal server .  Those who stay GG to you. 

TacP

fighting_falcon93 #16 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29745 battles

I've tried out the update for about 3 hours now and I've already had enough. I'm extremely disappointed by this update.

- I tried the new sad version of Obj.263. What the hell have you done to that Russian beauty?! You should be ashamed of yourselfes. If you keep it this way I'll never forgive you. As it stands right now I grinded all the way to tier 10, for a line that I don't even want to play anymore. You should take back Obj.263 to tier 10 and put it's stats back to what it was.

- Can you please drop the dumb idea of "assault tank destroyers"? There's no such thing, it's just a made up imagination from WG. TDs where designed as ambushers and snipers. Implementing them as brawlers is just plain stupid. We already have brawlers, they're called "heavy tanks", and we don't need TDs to fill up their map locations aswell and create an even bigger cluster----.

- You even messed up the Ranked Battles rewards... again! So now we get 3 (THREE!!!) spare garage slots instead of 1? What the hell? The problem was that you could atleast give your players 300 gold, but nooo that would be way too generous, right? Why make players happier when you can drown them in garage slots?

#KeepObj263AtTier10

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 19 January 2018 - 07:19 PM.

Shizuthink #17 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34455 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
I'll write the same thing here that I wrote in another thread. It seems like the old Object 430 is renamed to Object 430B and stays in your service record with the stats that it has. Here is my question: Why on earth does it have to be removed from the game? Why can't it face the same treatment as FV215B, FV183 and Foch 155 did? It's not a gamebreaking tank in any sense of the word so why can't it stay in the game as a reward vechicle. There is no logic whatsoever in removing it when all you'd have to do would be to rename it and leave it in the garages of the people who already have it. Why can people keep their 183s and 215Bs but other's are getting robbed off their Object 430s?

zo0lykas #18 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38056 battles

I agree with the previous post.

what can you test here if every one spamming gold ammo? if they maxed out all crew's?

1. limit gold ammunition per tank ~5

2. limit crew skills 3 skills more than enough

now they load max gold ammo, maximize crew skills, and it's not a test anymore its bloodbath!

Frost_DeatH #19 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47188 battles
  • [CSA] CSA
#KeepObj263AtTier10

Infernomortis #20 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6920 battles

I have outlined my individual responses on the correct threads, but other that that all I have to say is that this patch is the literal embodiment of power creep. 

Every single one of the new heavy tanks (except maybe the IS-M) is better in every way than its peers and obsoletes many of the other tanks in the game *looks at the German rear-turreted tanks* 

Oh and the TD line is an utter mess, your vision of making rear casemate TDs into brawlers has failed spectacularly for obvious reasons. 

Also tagged with 9.22

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users