Jump to content


MM -Matchmaking Memory


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Unangwata #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7747 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

What I mean by that is MM could remember how many times in a row you have been placed in bottom tier with selected tank and increase your chance of getting top-middle tier game by calculated amount based on that.

This could fix the situation where people get unlucky being bottom tier too often and reward you for playing bottom tier.

For example +25% chance to get better tier for every subsequent bottom tier game. After proc the counter resets. Etc



Aikl #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25142 battles
  • 4,171
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
It's supposed to work roughly like that. Not sure about the details.
Given the 3-5-7 distribution, the popularity of each tier, the preference for the 3-5-7 pattern and the inherent prioritization of creating matches by ignoring any 'MM rules' necessary it's obvious why it doesn't really mean much. The fixes (class balance, tank type balance, platoon balance etc.) are good, but does nothing for a system that is broken from the onset.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27279 battles
  • 1,114
  • [SQCI] SQCI
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015
It should be able to and maybe be a battle option where the client will say nope done that map or been bottom tier too many.
Make it optional so then we have a choice of taking the queue wait hit or not.
Prob is with 3-5-7 pattern is that only 20% get to be top tier, so we prob need more single and 2 tier games in MM.

Edited by DumbNumpty, 16 January 2018 - 08:16 PM.


Slyspy #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14175 battles
  • 16,405
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostAikl, on 16 January 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

It's supposed to work roughly like that. Not sure about the details.
Given the 3-5-7 distribution, the popularity of each tier, the preference for the 3-5-7 pattern and the inherent prioritization of creating matches by ignoring any 'MM rules' necessary it's obvious why it doesn't really mean much. The fixes (class balance, tank type balance, platoon balance etc.) are good, but does nothing for a system that is broken from the onset.

 

I think that was for the oild MM, not sure if it applies to the current system. Besides, people assumed that since the system was supposed to prevent them from being bottom tier too many times that they'd be top tier every other battle, because people are stupid. 

Edited by Slyspy, 16 January 2018 - 08:54 PM.


Ferditude #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 862 battles
  • 520
  • Member since:
    11-22-2016

View PostUnangwata, on 16 January 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

What I mean by that is MM could remember how many times in a row you have been placed in bottom tier with selected tank and increase your chance of getting top-middle tier game by calculated amount based on that.

This could fix the situation where people get unlucky being bottom tier too often and reward you for playing bottom tier.

For example +25% chance to get better tier for every subsequent bottom tier game. After proc the counter resets. Etc

 

mine seems to be using all wgs memory.

If i go right on a map, next time i get same map i spawn on extereme left side.

Awesome when added to 20mm tds that only get city maps

+20kph tanks that only get open maps

 

All random of course



TankkiPoju #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:20 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19958 battles
  • 6,163
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostUnangwata, on 16 January 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

What I mean by that is MM could remember how many times in a row you have been placed in bottom tier with selected tank and increase your chance of getting top-middle tier game by calculated amount based on that.

 

IIRC before the current 3-5-7 system, if you got placed 3 times as bottom tier in a row, the next game was guaranteed to be top tier... except in light tanks etc., of course.



Gkirmathal #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8125 battles
  • 1,479
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View PostAikl, on 16 January 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

It's supposed to work roughly like that. Not sure about the details.
...snip...

 

From what I remember from some interview/Q&A, it was supposed to work like that due to the inherent imbalance in the template system towards putting players as bottom tier.

Regretfully I have been unable to find the interview (dev Q&A) from late 2016 where a devs talks about this intended control feature for 9.18.

 

Patch 9.18 saw few actual complaints from players about "constantly" being bottom tier. The servers did have lots of issues in 9.18 though. One being very long queue time vs before and the worst one: frequent crashes of the battle queue, where players got stuck in an endless queue until the server was restarted.

The massive complaints of "being constantly bottom tier" didn't start until after the release of patch 9.19! Patch notes even state they change priority of 3-5-7 template, to make it the dominant template.

 



Balc0ra #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 63312 battles
  • 14,765
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

That is already added a few patches ago. Tho how it works and how many times you need to be bottom tier for it to start being "Nicer", no one knows. But that's not to get you as top tier. It's to get you in +2 less after a bit. Not to eliminate it. But can give you a +1 or an equal tier game to trow you a bone now and then. 

 

The patch notes for it simply said "after a few games as bottom tier, you will get an increased priority for top and mid tier games, the more +2 you get". And that could mean anything tbh. From getting +2 games 10 times in a row, or 20 times before it works. We don't know. 

 

Then again as pr the norm. It's based on if MM allows it. So if there are more people worse off then you, then you won't get prioritized as much I suspect.


Edited by Balc0ra, 17 January 2018 - 12:47 PM.


Geno1isme #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40863 battles
  • 6,699
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

The template MM has a guarantee that you'll not be low-tier permanently. However there are two issues that make this statement rather pointless:

- WG didn't specify how many games you can be low-tier in a row

- "not being low-tier" doesn't translate to "being top-tier", one game as mid-tier will be enough to satisfy the system. That's also the case for 15-0 setups, not sure if 5-10 setups are considered "low-tier/top-tier", "low-tier/mid-tier" or "mid-tier/top-tier".



Unangwata #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7747 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    02-26-2017

View PostDumbNumpty, on 16 January 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

It should be able to and maybe be a battle option where the client will say nope done that map or been bottom tier too many.
Make it optional so then we have a choice of taking the queue wait hit or not.
Prob is with 3-5-7 pattern is that only 20% get to be top tier, so we prob need more single and 2 tier games in MM.

The game would never start if 30 players had to click accept que result.



Asklepi0s #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 5158 battles
  • 809
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017
Your thread is closed as it is regarding Match Making
Due to the high number of Match Making, we want discussions to take place in the main pinned thread here.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users