World of tanks consuming a lot of memory (RAM).

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #1 Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

Hello everyone: I don't know if this the right place to post this here but I already made a ticket​ to support and 3-4 days passed and no response.
Now let's get to the problem, after the last update v9.21 i run the game and played a couple of battles then the game crashed to disktop!
Don't even think or tell me that this is a mod problem becouse i have just downloaded the update and launched the game for the first time and no mods installed at all, i did an integrity check to see if any possible damaged files needs to be repaired and found nothing.

Searched all over the internet with no luck to fix this unexpected game crash without  even a warning..
today after testing some stuff and see what is going on, i noticed that the game is consuming a lot of memory ram (They calling it a memory leak or something) till the game crash to disktop!
Before the last update 9.21 everything was stable for me and nothing of this weirdo crashes was happening...
I play the game on this graphics settings 

​On this settings the game consume more than +2GB memory after that the game crash.. this didn't happen before or even reached this high usage of memory ram on these settings.

Now i have to make my settings from IMPROVED TO STANDARD and no crashes anymore the the memory ram stay stable at 880mp usage in standing in the garage but in battle 1.2GB

The game crash after hiting the BATTLE! or after joining a battle and waiting for the countdown timer or in the end of the battle at the VICTORY!

And to keep in mind I played on these settings for the last 2 years.

Hope everything is explained

Regards.:honoring:

Bordhaw #2 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11536 battles

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

Hello everyone: I don't know if this the right place to post this here but I already made a ticket​ to support and 3-4 days passed and no response.
Now let's get to the problem, after the last update v9.21 i run the game and played a couple of battles then the game crashed to disktop!
Don't even think or tell me that this is a mod problem becouse i have just downloaded the update and launched the game for the first time and no mods installed at all, i did an integrity check to see if any possible damaged files needs to be repaired and found nothing.

Searched all over the internet with no luck to fix this unexpected game crash without  even a warning..
today after testing some stuff and see what is going on, i noticed that the game is consuming a lot of memory ram (They calling it a memory leak or something) till the game crash to disktop!
Before the last update 9.21 everything was stable for me and nothing of this weirdo crashes was happening...

​On this settings the game consume more than +2GB memory after that the game crash.. this didn't happen before or even reached this high usage of memory ram on these settings.

Now i have to make my settings from IMPROVED TO STANDARD and no crashes anymore the the memory ram stay stable at 880mp usage in standing in the garage but in battle 1.2GB

The game crash after hiting the BATTLE! or after joining a battle and waiting for the countdown timer or in the end of the battle at the VICTORY!

How much memory do you have in your PC?

Do you turn off anti-virus and firewall when playing?

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #3 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 16 January 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

How much memory do you have in your PC?

Do you turn off anti-virus and firewall when playing?

​I have 6GB memory and I have uninstalled my antivirus but my firewall is on actually, but what firewall can do to the game memory usage ?!  

I'm desperate :( i can play the game on this low settings..
But when i play on the high settings it's like breathtaking LOL :D

Edited by MajoR0_0HaSSaN, 16 January 2018 - 09:13 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28698 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

What video card and what version of the graphics drivers?

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #5 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 16 January 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

What video card and what version of the graphics drivers?

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Driver Date 5/19/2016

Driver Version 9.17.10.4459 latest version

i'm using windows 10 Pro 

_VoiVittu_ #6 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27088 battles
Solution is simple. Stop Playing this game with your toaster and buy computer from this decade

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #7 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View Post_VoiVittu_, on 16 January 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Solution is simple. Stop Playing this game with your toaster and buy computer from this decade

​Huh funny !

Well mate u have read what u wanted to read pls read again !

Homer_J #8 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28698 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Hmm.. I use Intel HD on my laptop, not sure what version but I'm sure the drivers are newer than that.

Baldrickk #9 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

I'd expect higher memory use when you have the settings higher. 

You know, higher resolution textures and so on. 

Can you show us some actual traces / data?

Memory leaks are not usually sources of crashes until RAM is completely full.

Would expect slowdown before then as there would be cache misses and other problems first.

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #10 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 16 January 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

I'd expect higher memory use when you have the settings higher. 

You know, higher resolution textures and so on. 

Can you show us some actual traces / data?

Memory leaks are not usually sources of crashes until RAM is completely full.

Would expect slowdown before then as there would be cache misses and other problems first.

​I use this settings from ages.. since this account was created I used this settings till this moment.

How can I show u some actual traces data ?!

One more thing to be fair enough I had windows 7 64bit before I get the Windows 10 Pro and I had no crash or anything like that.

View PostHomer_J, on 16 January 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

Hmm.. I use Intel HD on my laptop, not sure what version but I'm sure the drivers are newer than that.

​Every intel driver have his on updates and compatibility, for example you can't install intel 4000HD on Intel pc that have 3000HD 

Edited by Daxeno, 18 January 2018 - 06:26 PM.

SuedKAT #11 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

https://www.intel.co...cs-drivers.html

Supported OS for Intel HD Graphics 3000 - Windows 10 - No

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

Intel® HD Graphics 3000

Driver Date 5/19/2016

Driver Version 9.17.10.4459 latest version

i'm using windows 10 Pro 

Not exactly optimal, so my guess is that WoT now utilize something that your current chip + OS + drivers can't handle very well.

Peaceful_Refugee #12 Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3115 battles

You can always download more ram!

https://downloadmoreram.com/

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #13 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Not exactly optimal, so my guess is that WoT now utilize something that your current chip + OS + drivers can't handle very well.

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

​Ok this was unexpected -_-
so should i go back to windows 7 64bit like before ?!

View PostPeaceful_Refugee, on 16 January 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

You can always download more ram!

https://downloadmoreram.com/

​Where do u ppl come from ! :izmena:

SuedKAT #14 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

​Ok this was unexpected -_-
so should i go back to windows 7 64bit like before ?!

You can always dual boot, I have several OS on most of my machines. But yes you would most likely see a lot better performance running Win 7 compared to Win 10 due to driver compatibility.

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #15 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

You can always dual boot, I have several OS on most of my machines. But yes you would most likely see a lot better performance running Win 7 compared to Win 10 due to driver compatibility.

​Ok I will search around on how to do this dual boot thing :D and try it out as you know doing a whole new windows setup will take a day to complete downloading every driver to make the pc up and running again.

This won't effect my hard drive on any way ?! 

Edited by MajoR0_0HaSSaN, 16 January 2018 - 10:13 PM.

SuedKAT #16 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

​Ok I will search around on how to do this dual boot thing :D and try it out as you know doing a whole new windows setup will take a day to complete downloading every driver to make the pc up and running again.

This won't effect my hard drive on any way ?! 

Well you will have 2 OS installed on the HD, it will take more space and depending on how you partition the HD you might not be able to access the files on the other OS partition especially good. I got an SSD with OS'es installed on it and regular HDD's for storage. Here is some info: https://www.howtogee...-your-computer/

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #17 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Well you will have 2 OS installed on the HD, it will take more space and depending on how you partition the HD you might not be able to access the files on the other OS partition especially good. I got an SSD with OS'es installed on it and regular HDD's for storage. Here is some info: https://www.howtogee...-your-computer/

​What do you mean by this (you might not be able to access the files on the other OS partition especially good)?!?!

SuedKAT #18 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

​What do you mean by this (you might not be able to access the files on the other OS partition especially good)?!?!

I formulated that a bit poorly since I had other OS'es in mind when I typed it, what I meant was that Win 7 might not be that compatible with the files and applications Win 10 use, so you might run into some issues here and there if you utilize the same for both.

Edited by SuedKAT, 16 January 2018 - 10:30 PM.

MajoR0_0HaSSaN #19 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31605 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 16 January 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

I formulated that a bit poorly since I had other OS'es in mind when I typed it, what I meant was that Win 7 might not be that compatible with the files and applications Win 10 use, so you might run into some issues here and there if you utilize the same for both.

​Ok the the solution to fix this you mean... Is to format the C drive and create a new window OS right ?

Because 2 OS will cause issues you mean?

can we speak on facebook or ingame if u want cuz this will take some time lol

and I need to know what is the right thing to do should I format my C and create a new windows setup for windows 7 only ?

Edited by MajoR0_0HaSSaN, 16 January 2018 - 10:39 PM.

SuedKAT #20 Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMajoR0_0HaSSaN, on 16 January 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

​Ok the the solution to fix this you mean... Is to format the C drive and create a new window OS right ?

Because 2 OS will cause issues you mean?

Yeah formatting C and installing Win 7 would most likely solve the issues you have. You could however partition your C drive and install Win 7 and Win 10 on it at the same time - dual boot. However that will mean that you have 2 OS'es installed and both need everything they normally need in terms of drivers, applications etc so it will take a lot more space, but if you want to keep Win 10 around it's possible to do it this way. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users