Jump to content


So, I received a 20% discount coupon...


  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Afdass #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12988 battles
  • 633
  • Member since:
    07-26-2016

Won a random epic medal today and received a message saying I won a special discount coupon. Went check it and it was a 20% discount.

 

"Enjoy an exclusive 20% discount on a vast selection of World of Tanks package - valid for 7 days only"

"The coupon gives a one-time 20% discount on any World of Tanks package with the exception of gold, special offers, discounted items, and time-limited offers. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receiving."

 

So: 

 - why do I only have 7 days to use it?

 - why can't I use it to buy gold?

 - why can't I use it to buy special offer tanks?

 - why can't I use it to buy items with discount?

 - why can't I use it to buy time-limited offers?

 - why am I forced to use it ONLY with the premium time or the lackluster of tanks that are 365 days a year on the store?

 



_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:37 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34979 battles
  • 1,938
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
Better question is... why can't you answer these questions yourself? Is it really that hard to understand?

Homer_J #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,120
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Because.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Because Wargaming do not give these to benefit the player, they want you to spend your money but they don't actually want to give you something you'd want.

 

Having said that, I've had 20% - 30% discount coupons in the past which were valid on everything in the premium shop (including discounted items etc.) but I didn't use them because the Type62 or AMX 13 57 were not for sale which are the only two things I'm interested in.

 

I don't know if they still give these unlimited coupons, I hope they do.

 

Cobra 6



cragarion #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44074 battles
  • 2,561
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostAfdass, on 17 January 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

Won a random epic medal today and received a message saying I won a special discount coupon. Went check it and it was a 20% discount.

 

"Enjoy an exclusive 20% discount on a vast selection of World of Tanks package - valid for 7 days only"

"The coupon gives a one-time 20% discount on any World of Tanks package with the exception of gold, special offers, discounted items, and time-limited offers. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receiving."

 

So: 

 - why do I only have 7 days to use it?

 - why can't I use it to buy gold?

 - why can't I use it to buy special offer tanks?

 - why can't I use it to buy items with discount?

 - why can't I use it to buy time-limited offers?

 - why am I forced to use it ONLY with the premium time or the lackluster of tanks that are 365 days a year on the store?

 

 

WHY when people are given a free gift do they do nothing but COMPLAIN.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postcragarion, on 17 January 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

 

WHY when people are given a free gift do they do nothing but COMPLAIN.

 

It's not a free gift if you have to spend money to use it.

It's a purchase and if people have to spend money to use it they are entitled to complain.

 

Cobra 6



Trostani #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46586 battles
  • 1,122
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012
It's not a free gift, it's something that wants to make you purchase most usless content from premium shop. Free gift could be named voucher for 5€/10€/premium tank/whatever.

cragarion #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44074 battles
  • 2,561
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostCobra6, on 17 January 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

 

It's not a free gift if you have to spend money to use it.

It's a purchase and if people have to spend money to use it they are entitled to complain.

 

Cobra 6

 

It is free they did not have to purchase anything to get the 20% off voucher there fore it is FREE,

they now have a FREE 20% voucher to SPEND on certain items, 

no one is forcing them to use it,

and if they would have bought those items anyway then they are getting a FREE 20% off them.



unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18178 battles
  • 2,693
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Supermarkets give away coupons for discount on certain items, and people happily either use them or they not.

Newpapers give away coupons for discount on certain items, and people happily either use them or they not.

 

WG give away coupons for discount and people come to the forum and complain. 



Cobra6 #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postcragarion, on 17 January 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

 

It is free they did not have to purchase anything to get the 20% off voucher there fore it is FREE,

they now have a FREE 20% voucher to SPEND on certain items, 

no one is forcing them to use it,

and if they would have bought those items anyway then they are getting a FREE 20% off them.

 

Like said above it would have been a free gift if the voucher had an amount of currency off because that means you are getting money (gift) for free.

 

A percentage off is not a gift because you have to spend money to get the gift whereas with an amount of currency you can technically spend only that currency.

 

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 17 January 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Supermarkets give away coupons for discount on certain items, and people happily either use them or they not.

Newpapers give away coupons for discount on certain items, and people happily either use them or they not.

 

WG give away coupons for discount and people come to the forum and complain. 

 

Yes because those coupons are valid for weeks/months and mostly only have as limiting factor that you can't use them in combination with other coupons/offers. In other words they are *FAR* less restrictive.

 

=======

 

But besides this I'm curious, did *ANYONE* get a coupon during the Advent Calendar that they could use or did the coupons magically stop for a month? I didn't get one suddenly while getting multiple ones in the month(s) prior and I'm wondering if this was another cynical move or just coincidence?

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 17 January 2018 - 10:09 AM.


Archaean #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15179 battles
  • 1,181
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

View PostAfdass, on 17 January 2018 - 03:09 AM, said:

...

 - why am I forced to use it ONLY with the premium time or the lackluster of tanks that are 365 days a year on the store?

 

 

*edited*

 

View PostCobra6, on 17 January 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

 

But besides this I'm curious, did *ANYONE* get a coupon during the Advent Calendar that they could use or did the coupons magically stop for a month? I didn't get one suddenly while getting multiple ones in the month(s) prior and I'm wondering if this was another cynical move or just coincidence?

 

Cobra 6

I only got one coupon in my whole wot career. I think that's a little bit stupid, taking into consideration how much money I've actually spent on this game so far. But I believe this system is set up to target those that spend less.

 


Edited by Daxeno, 09 July 2018 - 03:54 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


cragarion #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 44074 battles
  • 2,561
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostCobra6, on 17 January 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

 

Like said above it would have been a free gift if the voucher had an amount of currency off because that means you are getting money (gift) for free.

 

A percentage off is not a gift because you have to spend money to get the gift whereas with an amount of currency you can technically spend only that currency.

 

 

Yes because those coupons are valid for weeks/months and mostly only have as limiting factor that you can't use them in combination with other coupons/offers. In other words they are *FAR* less restrictive.

 

=======

 

But besides this I'm curious, did *ANYONE* get a coupon during the Advent Calendar that they could use or did the coupons magically stop for a month? I didn't get one suddenly while getting multiple ones in the month(s) prior and I'm wondering if this was another cynical move or just coincidence?

 

Cobra 6

 

Yes people still got them check the forum i saw other posts about them during Christmas,

 

And it is FREE it does not matter if it is only for 1% they did not have to purchase anything to receive the Voucher there fore the Voucher is FREE, it does not matter if they have to spend 1 million to redeem the voucher, the Voucher they received was FREE. They received a FREE 20% off Voucher. 

If you still think otherwise then i suggest you learn about what FREE means,

this is the last i will say on the matter because if you still don't think its free then, well no comment.



unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18178 battles
  • 2,693
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Acutally, Cobra, supermarket coupons are usually time limited, and usually they are for specific products. Thus they are just as limited as WG's coupons. The same with newspaper coupons. And they usually come with the phrase "This coupon cannot be used with any other discount or offer". 

Technically none of those coupons are free. They are given as either a reward for being a loyal customer, spending money in the supermarket, or buying the newspaper. However, there is no compulsion to use them. If the product they are for is one they you dont want, then you wont use it. 

The difference here is that you dont start complaining to the supermarket or the newspaper about the coupon being of no use to you, or that they are forcing you to buy something you dont want. 



Cobra6 #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

You are right in that respect, the voucher itself is free which is correct. A metaphorical useless piece of paper you get for free, totally correct.

 

@Unhappy_Bunny: Go try to find a supermarket/newspaper voucher that is valid for 7 days max from the moment it's printed/handed out, you'd be *very* hard pressed.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 17 January 2018 - 10:47 AM.


Stinger5 #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19963 battles
  • 140
  • [WARW] WARW
  • Member since:
    06-27-2012

View PostAfdass, on 17 January 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

Won a random epic medal today and received a message saying I won a special discount coupon. Went check it and it was a 20% discount.

 

"Enjoy an exclusive 20% discount on a vast selection of World of Tanks package - valid for 7 days only"

"The coupon gives a one-time 20% discount on any World of Tanks package with the exception of gold, special offers, discounted items, and time-limited offers. The coupon is valid for 7 days from the date of receiving."

 

So: 

 - why do I only have 7 days to use it?

 - why can't I use it to buy gold?

 - why can't I use it to buy special offer tanks?

 - why can't I use it to buy items with discount?

 - why can't I use it to buy time-limited offers?

 - why am I forced to use it ONLY with the premium time or the lackluster of tanks that are 365 days a year on the store?

 

 

My honest opinion if I were you I would use it for a tank I have always wanted. Do some research etc etc and pick a tank. I never really understood the REAL benefits of premium tanks until recently, if someone can clarify this ( before premiums never allowed the same vehicle type crew swap without penalty) . No I don't work for Wg just looking out for a fellow tanker do not use on premium days get a tank that suits your play style hope this was helpful. 

Aikl #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25554 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

The reason is obvious; it's to prevent you from buying discounted gold that you can then spend on an in-game discounted tank. For some reason this didn't/doesn't apply to the 'anniversary' coupons - they're "universal". I got a shop-discounted IS-6 and then bought a discounted S1 in game last year, for instance.



Nishi_Kinuyo #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7736 battles
  • 4,147
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 17 January 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Supermarkets give away coupons for discount on certain items, and people happily either use them or they not.

Newpapers give away coupons for discount on certain items, and people happily either use them or they not.

 

WG give away coupons for discount and people come to the forum and complain. 

:thinking:

 

You're right.

I should immediately go complain to the supermarket and newspaper as well.

How dare they give me something free of charge with which I can get something at a lower price! :izmena:



TankkiPoju #18 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20443 battles
  • 6,205
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postcragarion, on 17 January 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

 

WHY when people are given a free gift do they do nothing but COMPLAIN.

 

Here, I give you a free gift:

 

"For 50% off, cragarion can donate money to TankkiPoju by using PayPal!"

 

You can use it anytime you like!

 



djuro900 #19 Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16818 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011

View PostTankkiPoju, on 17 January 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

 

Here, I give you a free gift:

 

"For 50% off, cragarion can donate money to TankkiPoju by using PayPal!"

 

You can use it anytime you like!

 

 

:)



malachi6 #20 Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49938 battles
  • 3,479
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I wonder if he won the Lotto, he would complain about having to travel to collect the cheque.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users