premium ammo suggestion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

petrified_penguin #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26061 battles
  • [S300E] S300E
Hi so I thought about this the other day and came up with something that I think would help with the current problem of premium ammo. Instead of making it this super ammunition that only struggles with spaced armour. Reduce its auto bounce down to 65 degrees. It can keep its huge penetration, but make it so you atleast have to aim a little bit. Also make it lose penetration over distance in the same way apcr does. Doing this would allow tanks to still block it using angling and side scraping etc.

adameitas #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60551 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postpetrified_penguin, on 17 January 2018 - 06:30 AM, said:

Hi so I thought about this the other day and came up with something that I think would help with the current problem of premium ammo. Instead of making it this super ammunition that only struggles with spaced armour. Reduce its auto bounce down to 65 degrees. It can keep its huge penetration, but make it so you atleast have to aim a little bit. Also make it lose penetration over distance in the same way apcr does. Doing this would allow tanks to still block it using angling and side scraping etc.

hardly gonna happen.. ever...  In last years gold ammo became as one of the most important tanks balance aspect.. Just imagine tanks like e100, m46, t54, e50 and many others without useful gold ammo.. who would play them.. Changes gold ammo would ruin whole balance that is already far from perfection.. As the only solution i see reducing number of shells per tank. Bigger alpha - less rounds. but again that would hurt wg income.. also still hurt balance, it would be direct buff to well armored tanks. And tanks like type would become absurdly OP... This problem cant be solved fast and easy, and there are no one right solution.. For that wg would need global tanks rebalance and that is hell of the work..

SABAOTH #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36420 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postadameitas, on 17 January 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

hardly gonna happen.. ever...  In last years gold ammo became as one of the most important tanks balance aspect.. Just imagine tanks like e100, m46, t54, e50 and many others without useful gold ammo.. who would play them.. Changes gold ammo would ruin whole balance that is already far from perfection.. As the only solution i see reducing number of shells per tank. Bigger alpha - less rounds. but again that would hurt wg income.. also still hurt balance, it would be direct buff to well armored tanks. And tanks like type would become absurdly OP... This problem cant be solved fast and easy, and there are no one right solution.. For that wg would need global tanks rebalance and that is hell of the work..

I play e 100 with very few gold rounds unless is strictly necessary (like japanese heavies) is not so bad and actually you can do better expecially when shooting russian mediums from the side where the heat would be absorbed.

I can observe that the worse is the player the more gold he spams, that is annoying but is the only way they can be competitive (I cannot imagine how much they spend in credits bundles though) 

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27102 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
I have to admit gold has become part of the game and learning the balance of when needed so you make a profit is part of the learning curve.
If people want to spam gold then its annoying but is there perogative.
I am as bad as anyone as at times I will get a "Gold Noob" msg.
Usually I am in a rage about it, not the msg just the garage bill where at a point I switched to gold and forgot to switch back.
I do that a lot and those last weaker tanks whilst mopping up where just a total credit drain.
Otherwise I am prob brown bread and the gold switch didn't work.

The main problem with HEAT is that T9 is completely unbalanced with half the tanks getting gold of approx 260mm or less and the other half with HEAT getting 330mm.
T9 the HEAT tanks should be carrying the APCR that is the standard round of there T10 big brothers.
The T54 & T55 are classic examples of this where in game gold usage is through the roof and when you look at their ammo choice you can understand why (129mm increase on the 2 key).
T9 gold in a few cases is just a joke, elsewhere its just part of the game that can be annoying because of spammers or idiots who forget what they are firing.
Its funny actually as it seems to annoy Light drivers more than heavies which if you think about it is a bit pointless.

I think APCR did actually do less damage than AP not sure about HEAT, HESH didn't actually do much damage, but it was the end of the crew.    

Edited by DumbNumpty, 17 January 2018 - 08:49 AM.

neverluckybabyrage #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11608 battles
  • [-BRT-] -BRT-
Wargaming should rework HEAT ammunition. It's disgusting, when top tier tanks "load the gold"  to bottom tier tanks for "easy dmg"..... :(

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27102 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Postneverluckybabyrage, on 17 January 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Wargaming should rework HEAT ammunition. It's disgusting, when top tier tanks "load the gold"  to bottom tier tanks for "easy dmg"..... :(

There is only one tier where HEAT is problem @ T9 the standard pen on the HEAT tank is below many T8's especially the prems.
Strangely they have the same HEAT rounds as there T10 big brothers.
On those tanks damn right they are going to fire gold and they often do.

siramra #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25076 battles
  • [DUXTR] DUXTR

View Postpetrified_penguin, on 17 January 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

Guessing u talk about HEAT here. And one aspect of heat is the non loss of pen power over distance. Heat doesn`t rely on speed to punch through.

Reducing damage done by a heat round would maybe be the right direction to go. Or u increase the cost of the shells.....but then again....players don`t care about premcost.

adameitas #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60551 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostSABAOTH, on 17 January 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

I play e 100 with very few gold rounds unless is strictly necessary (like japanese heavies) is not so bad and actually you can do better expecially when shooting russian mediums from the side where the heat would be absorbed.

I can observe that the worse is the player the more gold he spams, that is annoying but is the only way they can be competitive (I cannot imagine how much they spend in credits bundles though) 

sure you can play e-100 without gold. But if you want win and carry you are forced to use gold ammo. Personally i think that better players use more gold ammo. Firstly they simply have more creds for that. Second more important that good players play for win. And for win you often cant allow yourself a risk to not pen.. specially now when game play is extreme fast and games fate are decided in first 2-3 mins. Thats why recently i started to use much more gold ammo just lost way to many games where i simply took too long killing some tanks bc i just made several not pen shots... i will always take win over "fair" play.

Gruzdas #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28114 battles
  • [STLT] STLT

Hi,

gold ammo is TERRIBLY annoying in WoT recently. I play this game around 6 years already but never before was this gold mania at such a level. In fact I have several proposals for WoT team but I doubt if they would listen. Anyway here they are

1) remove gold ammo at all. World of Warships manage to live without gold ammo somehow

2) limit gold ammo amount per vehicle to some percentage. Let's say max 20% of all ammo could be premium ammo

3) introduce optional selection in game client for another type of battles called "No premium ammo battles". All those who are sick from gold usage could select these battles and all gold "professionals" could beat each other with gold if they prefer that

In fact number 3 option looks the best and easiest to do. The sad part of this is that WG has no intentions to change anything about this gold mania. This means that the day when I stop playing WoT is near...

Good luck everybody!

MeetriX #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18576 battles

Are we talking about HEAT?

85° angle means that relative armor thicknes multiplier is over 11. No HEAT will never pen anything on that angle.

Unlike AP/APCR HEAT does not overmatch and autopen.

Derethim #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16434 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 17 January 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Are we talking about HEAT?

85° angle means that relative armor thicknes multiplier is over 11. No HEAT will never pen anything on that angle.

Unlike AP/APCR HEAT does not overmatch and autopen.

This, altough prem ammo needs to get changed, so that it's not even premium anymore, but necessary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users