High starting death rate random battles.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TheOnlyMagician #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20082 battles

Hello again guys, 

Tanks class in question : Medium tanks.(T25 pilot 1, Type 61, etc. ) which are not snipers/brawlers/turret monsters

Do you always find yourself in 1v3 or more situation in starting!?  I do almost all the game, then I look back, see no one hardly supporting me and then I give up and let the enemy have my tank for free without resistance :), like its not worth it better go play another game. 
Then in next game same thing. Why I feel like the gameplay is slow than it could be. coz of maps to big?

I just cant sit back, and die when I rush almost always, except in my E50 coz i feel its meant to rush(with oil consumable :) ) and scare the enemy.

Please suggest to improve death rates in begining.

I tried sitting back behind TDs in frustration like I will use you as meat shield now, still I die before them.
When camping back, late or in beginning I see an opportunity to flank (with help of 1 more teammate) but when I ask and press 'T' to tell one of them to follow me, I get no response and I go alone and Die.
I have patience, but there is a limit.

Also there server lag today?? WG fix it plz.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 17 January 2018 - 02:23 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of red color

K_A #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Don't rush at the start of the battle into places where you have no support? If your flank has no support, don't go there. Go where the others go.

Pvt_Duffer #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

2.) don't camp behind the TDs

Aikl #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 17 January 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

(...)

Two of Wargaming's Lag Fix SquadTM have been dispatched to your location and will free of charge deport everyone that hogs the bandwidth in your home to Siberian gulag, replace your wireless connection with a 50m LAN cable, threaten your ISP into giving you traffic priority and replace all your hardware.

As for the other stuff, you seem to be beyond helping, even if your stats are not AFK-levels.

Edited by Aikl, 17 January 2018 - 01:29 PM.

xx984 #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50878 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
try looking back first, no support? then fall back

UserZer00 #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles

At the end of the countdown don't do anything except for watch the minimap

- Do you see a group of heavies moving off on their own with no lights or mediums? If yes, go move SLIGHTLY ahead of them and be their eyes while trying your best to stay behind cover

- See all the TDs on one side with no tanks out in front of them? Be that tank out in front....while trying your best to stay behind cover while moving
- See one or two mediums moving off to one side? Go along with them and try to make advantage of possible flanking opportunities....while trying your best to stay behind cover.
- See the whole team doing the lemming rush to one side? DO NOT go to the other side. Follow the lemmings and do your best to keep the train in motion..... (behind cover)

Just a few suggestiins

Edited by UserZer00, 17 January 2018 - 01:49 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 23547 battles
I prefer a balls-deep yolo. 1 time out of 5 it ends in disaster but the other 4 are moist glory!!!

VsUK #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
Try grinding British tier 5/6/7's. Your constantly put into games you have no chance of doing anything useful other than being a shield for someone who is.

Playing Random is devastating to your stats. Players with decent stats or high win % dont play random. A lot of players who brag about their stats wouldn't have that opportunity if they played random.

Edited by VsUK, 17 January 2018 - 02:46 PM.

tajj7 #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24373 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 17 January 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hello again guys, 

Tanks class in question : Medium tanks.(T25 pilot 1, Type 61, etc. ) which are not snipers/brawlers/turret monsters

Do you always find yourself in 1v3 or more situation in starting!?  I do almost all the game, then I look back, see no one hardly supporting me and then I give up and let the enemy have my tank for free without resistance :), like its not worth it better go play another game. 
Then in next game same thing. Why I feel like the gameplay is slow than it could be. coz of maps to big?

I just cant sit back, and die when I rush almost always, except in my E50 coz i feel its meant to rush(with oil consumable :) ) and scare the enemy.

Please suggest to improve death rates in begining.

I tried sitting back behind TDs in frustration like I will use you as meat shield now, still I die before them.
When camping back, late or in beginning I see an opportunity to flank (with help of 1 more teammate) but when I ask and press 'T' to tell one of them to follow me, I get no response and I go alone and Die.
I have patience, but there is a limit.

So you are playing support tanks and have no one to support, I think your problem is pretty obvious, don't rush the frontline without team mates and let tanks that are more suited to taking hits play front line, use your tank's strengths. 

If you can't adapt your playstyle to the tank, your are playing the wrong tanks. 

There is also difference between playing support and camping. 

View PostVsUK, on 17 January 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Players with decent stats or high win % dont play random. A lot of players who brag about their stats wouldn't have that opportunity if they played random.

:facepalm:

Those stats are entirely based on random, so a player with a high WR, has that WR from playing random battles. 

They are just better than and know how to carry games so that they more than they lose. 

Someone like Circonflexes has 45k battles and an overall win rate of 65%, he has played sub 1000 team based games, so that 65% WR is because of his play in random battles. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

View PostVsUK, on 17 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Try grinding British tier 5/6/7's. Your constantly put into games you have no chance of doing anything useful other than being a shield for someone who is.

Playing Random is devastating to your stats. Players with decent stats or high win % dont play random. A lot of players who brag about their stats wouldn't have that opportunity if they played random.

What the hell man??? you enjoying this or what??? come on, be reasonable and stop posting stuff like this. I feel bad for the replies you get seriously!

VsUK #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

View Posttajj7, on 17 January 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

So you are playing support tanks and have no one to support, I think your problem is pretty obvious, don't rush the frontline without team mates and let tanks that are more suited to taking hits play front line, use your tank's strengths. 

If you can't adapt your playstyle to the tank, your are playing the wrong tanks. 

There is also difference between playing support and camping. 

:facepalm:

Those stats are entirely based on random, so a player with a high WR, has that WR from playing random battles. 

They are just better than and know how to carry games so that they more than they lose. 

Someone like Circonflexes has 45k battles and an overall win rate of 65%, he has played sub 1000 team based games, so that 65% WR is because of his play in random battles. 

I was led to believe clan skirmish games count towards your personal win rate?

tajj7 #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24373 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostVsUK, on 17 January 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

I was led to believe clan skirmish games count towards your personal win rate?

Like 4 years ago they did, not anymore and how many clan games do you think people play? They will have always had multiple times more randoms than team based games. Someone like Brumbarr who has is probably one of the more active clan players left around and has at least 3 tier 10 CW reward tanks only has about 5k games in all team based modes even skirmishes and has 36k battles overall. 

ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostVsUK, on 17 January 2018 - 02:43 PM, said:

I get 60%+ WR in randoms,  mostly solo, playing some of the worst tanks in game (TOG II etc).

OneSock #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32707 battles
  • [FUB4R] FUB4R

Tanks listed are support mediums, you can't push with them, you just cant. same with TVP VTU or any other paper. you gotta stay at the edge of spotting range and wait it out. 

Do not ever go on a flank alone. 

If your team lemming to one side, do NOT remain at base trying to spot for them. most likely they will NOT shoot what you spot and you will just die. 

If team is this bad, just retreat behind them and farm as much damage as you can before you die. be the last one standing.

Yes you feel like crap camping the red line but better do this and score some XP than just die instantly.

AliceUnchained #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostK_A, on 17 January 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

Don't rush at the start of the battle into places where you have no support? If your flank has no support, don't go there. Go where the others go.

In short: Enable Minimap and look at it.

Torkyturpa #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12033 battles

As someone wisely said here recently, the worth of the mediums rises the further the battle progresses. It is imperative to stay alive so you can help in those small skirmishes when there are not that many tanks left.

While waiting for the situation to evolve the medium can do something meaningful, e.g. snipe, try to safely find a flanking position, safely spot an approach left open by the team. But it is important to be alive in the second half of the battle, when every tank counts.

---

It is useless to try to hold an empty or falling flank alone. Get out of there in time and join your team mates. You are more useful alive. You may get a chance to re-attack that flank later on, with help this time.

Patience...

Homer_J #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27085 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUserZer00, on 17 January 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

At the end of the countdown don't do anything except for watch the minimap

If you do that you just lost your opportunity to do something useful.  You are now just a passenger in the battle.

Better to have a plan, act immediately and be prepared to change it depending on what your team does.

Pansenmann #18 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33273 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAliceUnchained, on 17 January 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

In short: Enable Minimap and look at it.

/sign

you just killed a tank? take a peek to minimap

not sure what to do? look where are breaches in the flanks or you might be needed.

there are two things that get me killed regularly, and I am not good at changing that behaviour:

advancing without vision, most likely running right in the arms of a Type 5 heavy or such.

camping at useless position for too long while a flank collapses

Tidal_Force #19 Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16000 battles

So you rush out in paper tanks, die like a moron after doing one shot, which likely dings anyway, and complain about other players not engaging in suicide pact with you.

You are beyond help.

UserZer00 #20 Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 17 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

If you do that you just lost your opportunity to do something useful.  You are now just a passenger in the battle.

Better to have a plan, act immediately and be prepared to change it depending on what your team does.

It was my opinion that since the OP was asking for help to avoid dying too soon that rushing off at the beginning of the battle in an attempt to do "something useful" is probably what is getting him killed in the 1st place. 

It is for that reason that my suggestions were geared towards useful things that can be done without trying to rush to a certain map position.  Also, stressing the need to move while trying to stay under cover.

Since TDs and Heavies take a while to get into position and mediums take a bit of time to form their groups, taking a few seconds to see the dispersion of tanks is not a waste of time.

Moving out fast to get to a certain area is something that can be developed after actually watching where other mediums go and how battles turn out while staying alive till the end. Returning to the garage after 60 seconds doesn't really allow this.

Edited by UserZer00, 17 January 2018 - 10:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users