LT hate

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

mjoork #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10227 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA

Hey. Im grinding some LTs atm and I am getting so much more hate towards me than i get playing mt or ht. Especially from bad players. Words like "spot noob, omg bc12 your role is scouting move to that open field and spot" etc. Yesterday I got TKed twice for not rolling into enemy team spotting for my teams camping hts. 

I'm not the best player but I mostly find my ratings better than the offenders.

Can/should I send replays of the tks and chat abuse to WG. Or is it a l2p issue on my side? Turning of chat does not help as I may get shot at by my own team. Reading chat may help me stay away from the turd player.

What do you guys think? Do you suffer the same or should I play different in my bc12 for example? I'm more of a opportunist than scout and grinding towards BC25.

Obsessive_Compulsive #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

Show us replays ( namely the ones you got TK'd) then we can make an informed decision. As it is now its purely guess work even if we look at your stats.

Search_Warrant #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27182 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 17 January 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Show us replays ( namely the ones you got TK'd) then we can make an informed decision. As it is now its purely guess work even if we look at your stats.

That would lead to "Name and Shame" and get the OP banned. so no dont do that. because WG like to protect the stupid people who TK.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 17 January 2018 - 02:44 PM.

VsUK #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
WG don't do anything about the Auto punishment system either. We had a team killer in the team. A S Conq shot me twice in my T8 TVP. He turned blue after his 2nd shot. So I shot him 3x, not once did I cause damage, critical no damage. Nor did i turn blue. But after the 3rd shot. I was given a 7 day suspension. I sent replay to WG, they admitted that I shouldn't have been penalised for shooting a Blue team member. That's the sole purpose of them going blue. But claimed they couldn't overturn the automatic system. Or should I say. Won't.

They admitted to me it doesn't work correctly, won't fix it nor do anything about it when people fall foul of it. Same goes for repeated reports from idiot team members who use the reporting feature as a way to vent their anger you didn't rush in & save them or play how they like.

Edited by VsUK, 17 January 2018 - 03:05 PM.

Graeme0 #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24866 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

Don't bother sending your replays to WG, they state that their auto system deals with TK transgressions.

It is very frustrating to see lights hiding at the back and not out spotting and scouting, but that is never an excuse for abuse or TK, some people do not know what a light should be doing. Play your light tank well and do the job of a light, no one can have any real complaints and you can rightly consider any remarks to be just trolling

Recently I played my 13-90 and was slagged off throughout the game by one idiot, apparently 8k spotting, 3 kills and saving the game with decaps was not enough.

_EXODUZ_ #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yea, there are a lot of people that think they know how you should scout. They start pinging the map while acting like idiots. It's irritating, I agree.

You shouldn't pay attention to them, but if you want some tips or if you're unsure about something you should post replays.

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well when i see what a lot of LT players are doing lately i am not surprised that they get a lot of hate.

- they scout routes where heavies brawl

- trading with heavies at places mentioned above, die for nothing

- leave the open flank [ open as not in" nobody there" but as in "area suited for fast tanks with good camo open" ] unscouted because reasons

- get into the line of fire of tanks when they [ the LT ] aren't supposed to be there in the first place

- not use their mobility

- not use their camo

- not being the eyes of their team

- not knowing how to proxy spot

...you name it.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 17 January 2018 - 03:32 PM.

TheMuumio #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9000 battles
  • [DPG-I] DPG-I
Looking at your stats, you likely are far better player than most of the abusers. And there is more to scouting (and light tanking) than just running around, a living scout is better than a dead scout.  Camping heavies? On what map and in which situation?  I will never understand why people start shooting a teammate who doesn't play the way they want, wouldn't it still be more useful to have that tank alive instead of being dead?

Edited by TheMuumio, 17 January 2018 - 03:51 PM.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31028 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Nah unfortunately "Spot Noob" seems to be by some of the lower players who strangely believe they have higher precedence.

Lower tiers are worse but really tier means nothing now with game age, slightly less.
Keep grinding as the BC25 is the best light in the game. ;)

Baldrickk #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 17 January 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

That would lead to "Name and Shame" and get the OP banned. so no dont do that. because WG like to protect the stupid people who TK.

Nah. It's just that that probably is the most representative replay to demonstrate what the problem is.

And there probably is a problem. I've never received the same, for instance, while op was TKed twice in one day. 

Edited by Baldrickk, 17 January 2018 - 04:09 PM.

commer #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 17 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Well when i see what a lot of LT players are doing lately i am not surprised that they get a lot of hate.

- leave the open flank [ open as not in" nobody there" but as in "area suited for fast tanks with good camo open" ] unscouted because reasons

- get into the line of fire of tanks when they [ the LT ] aren't supposed to be there in the first place

- not use their mobility

- not use their camo

...you name it.

People play lights like crapI agree but even though I am a super agressive light player (look at my 13 57 spotting for nov or december) I still get shot by allies from time to time because they think my light tank should spot enemies behind rocks or that I should literally die so some yellow shitter gets to shoot once. 

Baldrickk #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostDumbNumpty, on 17 January 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

Nah unfortunately "Spot Noob" seems to be by some of the lower players who strangely believe they have higher precedence.

Sometimes it's legitimate. 

If for example I'm in my Panther II in a tier X game on Prokorovka/Salient and our bc12t (or only light)  is on the bushes behind me, then I'm going to call him out for bad play. 

It's not like the Panther II can take on the scouting role as it's bigger than many HTs

commer #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles
I think the most annoying part is scouts going for spot dmg when their job is redundant. Yeah you will get some spots from valley on lakeville (this happens too often) but heavies would spot there just as good so you being there is you being useless. Scouts should spot where no other tank can go. 

Mimos_A #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23986 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
While anyone who shoots their own teammates for not doing what they want is an utter moron, I haven't been in any situation like that in 3300 games in light tanks... Either you are really unlucky with getting the biggest idiots on your team or you're doing something to trigger this kind of behaviour. It's impossible to say without seeing some replays, but if it keeps on happening it's probably wise to review your style of playing lights.

SuedKAT #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The most dangerous thing one can do now a days is passive scouting, since even if you spot 14 enemies from the bush your in, the single dude on the other flank that didn't have the single remaining enemy spotted for him will come over and TK you for being a noob scout 9 times out of 10. I recommend active scouting all the time, even if your completely useless while doing it people seem to think that it's better somehow than if you sit in a bush spotting the entire enemy team and feeding on huge amounts of assistance damage.

TheR3dBaron #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34328 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

View PostEnforcer1975, on 17 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

- not use their mobility

- not use their camo

...you name it.

Scouting has become increasingly more difficult if you ask me. I've just completed one tier 9 LT grind, but the other ones are still ongoing. Somehow I did get a lot of city maps. On city maps, I think Stalingrad is one of the very few where you can find positions where you can spot the enemy without getting spotted yourself. On other maps, there just isn't enough distance.

1. The best spotting maps remain: (8k spotting or more)

Prokhorovka/Fiery Salient

Malinovka

2. I can sometimes work some magic on: (5k is doable)

Steppes

Redshire

Murovanka

Karelia

3. On the other maps, getting spotting damage depends requires a 'willing' opponent.

Erlenberg

Westfield

Serene Coast

Live Oaks

Cliff

Fisherman's bay

Artic region

Airfield

El Halluf is a nice open map, with some spotting possibilities, but often has your team out of range or in a vulnerable position when they are able to shoot.

Sand River often requires you to outspot the opponent because there is no real cover.

On Nebelbug I found one interesting spot, but I haven't played grand battles that much. I will probably need to use a training room some day.

I'd say on that passive spotting is an option on category 1 and 2 only. In category 3 you can try to find a stupid opponent for an early advantage. On the rest of the maps, it's more a question of trying to stay alive to contribute to the end game, while trying to contribute by shooting stuff at the beginning of a match.

By the way, I managed to complete LT 15-4 two days ago. http://wotreplays.eu/site/4095687#fiery_salient-ther3dbaron-amx_13_90 No surprise as far as the map is concerned. Very surprised I did it on a tank with less than 445m view range, while I tend to favour extreme view ranges.

Pedro79 #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28523 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 17 January 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Sometimes it's legitimate. 

If for example I'm in my Panther II in a tier X game on Prokorovka/Salient and our bc12t (or only light)  is on the bushes behind me, then I'm going to call him out for bad play. 

It's not like the Panther II can take on the scouting role as it's bigger than many HTs

When i play light tanks and 1 of my genius teammember shoots me just because..... it was not legitime not once ine my case.

Last time when our professor 110 shot me bcoz "i do not know how to scout", i had 2,7k spotting damage and 900 dmg done alrdy at that time. ( i was active scouting).

And every time i check their stats after game and all of them were 45-47% winrate and about 4-4.5k personal ratings noobs. 

Edited by Pedro79, 17 January 2018 - 06:22 PM.

mjoork #18 Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10227 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
"Tanks" for everyone's input. Much appreciated. I think suedkat summed it up good. Most of the times I get abused is when i am bushkemping up front. I sometimes do this in the beginning to get some map awareness. I find LTs shine the most in mid/end game so that's why I'm kind of passive in the beginning.

I will change style a bit and instead follow the meds for some early action and then later on go back to being an opportunist

I turned on recording now also.

SandDanAdua #19 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10354 battles

LT's are very hard to play successfully on most maps as you have nowhere but corridors and blind alleys to go.

And the problem comes with risk vs reward. If you get spotted in the open you're most likely dead or severely damaged.

If you spot the enemy you did your job but now you have to rely on your team to be in position to shoot which sadly most of the time they are not.

This makes LT's extremely frustrating to play.

On corridor maps i found the best actions is to support whatever line is pushing and sacrifice your HP so the enemy can be broken which means very agresive yolo maneuvers usually leading to your death.

Gardar7 #20 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22852 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-

View Postmjoork, on 17 January 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Hey. Im grinding some LTs atm and I am getting so much more hate towards me than i get playing mt or ht. Especially from bad players. Words like "spot noob, omg bc12 your role is scouting move to that open field and spot" etc. Yesterday I got TKed twice for not rolling into enemy team spotting for my teams camping hts. 

I'm not the best player but I mostly find my ratings better than the offenders.

Can/should I send replays of the tks and chat abuse to WG. Or is it a l2p issue on my side? Turning of chat does not help as I may get shot at by my own team. Reading chat may help me stay away from the turd player.

What do you guys think? Do you suffer the same or should I play different in my bc12 for example? I'm more of a opportunist than scout and grinding towards BC25.

Is that an IKV-91 on your profile picture? Damn, I really would like to see that in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users