Jump to content


Defender


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Endemon #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11797 battles
  • 9
  • [STS_] STS_
  • Member since:
    11-24-2013

i know this might be a many started topic but...

 

since i was unable to buy it when it was in the prem shop due personal issues (no i know wg wont care).

 

why wouldnt they just put it back in the shop once again i mean i see many prem tanks come back and they create new prem tanks but yea i would like to see this tank back just only to have it for the CW tier 8 and Sh's



lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34409 battles
  • 10,259
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
AFAIK there are no immediate plans to sell it again. At least, I hope that is the case. 

Ceeb #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30894 battles
  • 5,407
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

If you have a Type 59, I'll swap accounts :) Hate my Obj 252

 

(not serious, but might be if WG are watching)



spamhamstar #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64313 battles
  • 1,600
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012
Defender is awesome, everyone should have one :hiding:

OnCoke #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3077 battles
  • 161
  • [YARE] YARE
  • Member since:
    01-06-2017
When they put it into the shop, i felt it was only right of me to buy both ( Defender & Obj.252u ) because 2 is surely better than one!.

Endemon #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11797 battles
  • 9
  • [STS_] STS_
  • Member since:
    11-24-2013

View PostCeeb, on 17 January 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

If you have a Type 59, I'll swap accounts :) Hate my Obj 252

 

(not serious, but might be if WG are watching)

 

sorry i love my Type 59 too much XD

Endemon #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11797 battles
  • 9
  • [STS_] STS_
  • Member since:
    11-24-2013

View PostPhamous, on 17 January 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

When they put it into the shop, i felt it was only right of me to buy both ( Defender & Obj.252u ) because 2 is surely better than one!.

 

ikr 3 is3's better then 1

_EXODUZ_ #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35435 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
It's the new Type 59, don't count on it.

Uebergewicht #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,070
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015
They´re not selling them anytime soon, as it seems, simply because this tank is completely ridiculous, breaks the matchmaking, and drastically overpoerforms for every tomato. While I would also like to have one, I´m still pretty glad WG isnt selling them - they´re just bad for the game and should never have gone live in their current form. And WG screwed themselves with them - because the pure OPness of the Defender is the new standard, balanced tank like the Mauerbrecher don´t sell well. So either they get poor sales or a messed up game.

Endemon #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 11797 battles
  • 9
  • [STS_] STS_
  • Member since:
    11-24-2013

View PostUebergewicht, on 17 January 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

They´re not selling them anytime soon, as it seems, simply because this tank is completely ridiculous, breaks the matchmaking, and drastically overpoerforms for every tomato. While I would also like to have one, I´m still pretty glad WG isnt selling them - they´re just bad for the game and should never have gone live in their current form. And WG screwed themselves with them - because the pure OPness of the Defender is the new standard, balanced tank like the Mauerbrecher don´t sell well. So either they get poor sales or a messed up game.

 

but to bring back the real tomato's wouldnt it be better then if every1 has one? i mean i neverhad troubles against it but now the is'3 seems soo weak due everyone knows its weak sport etc

Uebergewicht #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11702 battles
  • 1,070
  • Member since:
    11-15-2015

View PostEndemon, on 17 January 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

 

but to bring back the real tomato's wouldnt it be better then if every1 has one? i mean i neverhad troubles against it but now the is'3 seems soo weak due everyone knows its weak sport etc

 

Only if you want tier 8 to consist of Defenders and nothing else.

Ceeb #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30894 battles
  • 5,407
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostEndemon, on 17 January 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

 

sorry i love my Type 59 too much XD

 

​Yeah.

 

I feel I would too.

 

 



Balc0ra #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67361 battles
  • 17,081
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Other premiums they brought back did not over preform as much as that one. There are no plans to sell it soon in the current meta.

 

View PostEndemon, on 17 January 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

 

but to bring back the real tomato's wouldnt it be better then if every1 has one? i mean i neverhad troubles against it but now the is'3 seems soo weak due everyone knows its weak sport etc

 

Tomatoes driving was not the issue. Tomatoes facing it was.



tajj7 #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25793 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

it's stupidly OP so it would be silly to sell it again.

 

By the fact they just put one on a Charity stream selling for a huge amount I doubt we will see one again, it's basically the new Type 59.  You'll probably be able to win a few in competitions etc. and then maybe in about 5 years if the game is still going and the tier 8 meta has massively moved on they might put it in some loot boxes. 

 

It's also not that fun to play IMO, gun is so potato and it's really sluggish, I much prefer the IS3. Plus in team based modes, if you have one, everyone expects you to play it all the time and that is annoying. 


Edited by tajj7, 17 January 2018 - 04:52 PM.


LCpl_Jones #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10604 battles
  • 894
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

it's currently in hype building mode

 

will be released soontm

 

 



Toni112007 #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10663 battles
  • 590
  • [CT] CT
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I hope they never sell it again.

Gkirmathal #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8125 battles
  • 1,522
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013
Asking for the Defender to come back on sale, in any way shape or form, should become a bannable offense IMO....

Edited by Gkirmathal, 17 January 2018 - 05:08 PM.


OnCoke #18 Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3077 battles
  • 161
  • [YARE] YARE
  • Member since:
    01-06-2017

View Posttajj7, on 17 January 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

it's stupidly OP so it would be silly to sell it again.

 

By the fact they just put one on a Charity stream selling for a huge amount I doubt we will see one again, it's basically the new Type 59.  You'll probably be able to win a few in competitions etc. and then maybe in about 5 years if the game is still going and the tier 8 meta has massively moved on they might put it in some loot boxes. 

 

It's also not that fun to play IMO, gun is so potato and it's really sluggish, I much prefer the IS3. Plus in team based modes, if you have one, everyone expects you to play it all the time and that is annoying. 

 

Yeah seen that in some clans, if you've got a Defender they won't let you play fully done out normal tier 8's to get XP to unlock tier 9.

Ficaso #19 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30820 battles
  • 318
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011
PUT THIS DEFENDER TO .... what a hell ... PAY TO WIN RULEZ

Karasu_Hidesuke #20 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16170 battles
  • 3,997
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
An excellent topic, one that warrants the fullest attention of WG marketing & sales department. :great:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users