tier 9-10 and F2P (forsaken tiers)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Unangwata #1 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9055 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

Well, even when I manage to get good result with tier 9 tank, 1st in table, win and good score, the credit gain without premium account is very small after repairs and ammo/usables resupply.

Which means I generally lose money when playing that tier. I don't even want to try tier X.

Which means tier 9 and 10 are kinda forsaken to f2p players. There is no real reward for playing these. Last tier that at least pays back the cost when something goes wrong seems to be tier 8.

Now I don't even look beyound tier 8 when inspecting trees. I guess it is premium account privillege.

Obsessive_Compulsive #2 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 25942 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
This is not your personal blog. Just a reminder.

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's meant to be that way. We already have too many tomatoes in those tiers. Don't make it easier for them.

Unangwata #4 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9055 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 17 January 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

And who the f*** are you to tell these things ? You have some idea how posts and forum should be and you would like people follow your guidelines to fulfill your vision ? Or you just don't know what to do with your time, and you lack creativity to do anything else ?

Edited by Unangwata, 17 January 2018 - 07:29 PM.

Only_Slightly_Bent #5 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25407 battles
  • [OAP] OAP
Play t5 to fund t9/t10 - That's how the game economy is designed. If you don't want to do that, that's your problem, not the game's.

Aikl #6 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25554 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

You don't get everything for nothing. In WoT you get a lot (T1-7 is very viable for free) for nothing. Even more if you're good at the game, put in the time to grind credits at normal T5/6 tanks or get a premium tank through a marathon - which while not common are not that rare. We had one for the T25 Pilot (T8!) and another one for the HT VI in 2017. Why didn't you get any of them to grind credits with?

Wouldn't be opposed to a shift towards higher costs for playing like crap, though. Challenge is finding the 'sweetspot' in that regard without scaring those WoT cater to the most - below-average players. Judging from Wargaming's concept, it should cost less to sit in the base and die with one shot's worth of damage than actually trying your best to carry a game. OP, however, would not be included in a more 'results-based' credits model; in most of your tanks you do less damage than your tank's HP.

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

And who the f*** are you to tell these things ? You have some idea how posts and forum should be and you would like people follow your guidelines to fulfill your vision ? Or you just don't know what to do with your time, and you lack creativity to do anything else ?

​May I ask who the fudge you are to spam the forums with nonsense posts with no real content or reasoning behind them? Your 'vision' is essentially commie-level, in that you apparently don't consider that WoT is ran by a company, and that said company's main goal is, naturally, to make money.

Personally I don't get those who refuse to consider spending €10/month on a game they literally play for two hours per day on average.

Edited by Aikl, 17 January 2018 - 07:35 PM.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #7 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31308 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 17 January 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

You have no ownership either.

Bonds though is the answer, lovely bonds, quite often 10 - 20 per game and actually I quite like the higher tiers.
I run at times without prem, sometimes with, still play higher tiers but yeah its not all completely F2P.

Edited by DumbNumpty, 17 January 2018 - 07:33 PM.

Unangwata #8 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9055 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 17 January 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

Play t5 to fund t9/t10 - That's how the game economy is designed. If you don't want to do that, that's your problem, not the game's.

Well, if I do that I won't progress. Stuck playing same tank, no credits to buy new.

Derethim #9 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Well, even when I manage to get good result with tier 9 tank, 1st in table, win and good score, the credit gain without premium account is very small after repairs and ammo/usables resupply.

Which means I generally lose money when playing that tier. I don't even want to try tier X.

Which means tier 9 and 10 are kinda forsaken to f2p players. There is no real reward for playing these. Last tier that at least pays back the cost when something goes wrong seems to be tier 8.

Now I don't even look beyound tier 8 when inspecting trees. I guess it is premium account privillege.

I'm almost F2P and can say, that tier X was handled easily credit-wise before, but right now it's a hell to play. You lose around 40K every game if you meet too many heavies, which is 9/10 games.

I disagree with tier X making money, altough you should be able to pay-back the costs if you get at least 3K damage imo. As a motivation for F2Ps to do well.

However, everything is broken by premium ammo.

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

You're right btw, but try to not lash-out :)

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #10 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31308 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Well, if I do that I won't progress. Stuck playing same tank, no credits to buy new.

Well then its just life innit, no such thing as a free dinner and there is always a catch.
If u wanna do both, wallet some prem time. 

Only_Slightly_Bent #11 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25407 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Not true.  One or two t5 battles will cover the cost of one t9/10 battle if you don't play like a tomato (you don't have to unicum it, just don't tomato). 

If you can't or are unwilling to manage that, the problem is with you, not the game. 

Lord_Barbarozza #12 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6548 battles

No problem it should pay of to have a premium account in a f2p game. However I know it can be hard to even earn a fair amount of profit with a premium account in tier 9-10.

I play without premium account, today I Aced my T32, 3500 damage, 1300 base xp top on the team at Pilsen in a tier 8 and 9 match.

Profits after the game = 13 000

Having a premium account would not even give me a good reward.

Which means you should preferable get yourself a tier 8 premium vehicle playing hundreds of extra games.

A premium account should generate gold for your account each month you pay for it, but you have to pay for gold besides those 100 Euros a year for 365 days premium account.

WG would greatly increase their income if they changed the cost for this game. Sell 1 item of 100 Euros for full prize, sell 5 items of 50 Euros for half prize, logic for a business = 100 Euros vs 250 Euros income. Plus more people profiting from the benefits of sustaining the tank grind all the way to tier 10.

Unangwata #13 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9055 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostDumbNumpty, on 17 January 2018 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well then its just life innit, no such thing as a free dinner and there is always a catch.
If u wanna do both, wallet some prem time. 

That's my point. No tier 9-10 without premium. The thing is why should I play tier 10 anyways ? If there was some incentive to do so.. but there is only cost. Apart from bonds perhaps. Top tier ? Some may need it.

Only_Slightly_Bent #14 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25407 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

The thing is why should I play tier 10 anyways ? 

Exactly. It's not the endgame. There is no endgame. Pick a tier you enjoy and are successful at and play that. 

Dr_ownape #15 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 43467 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

View PostDumbNumpty, on 17 January 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

You have no ownership either.

Bonds though is the answer, lovely bonds, quite often 10 - 20 per game and actually I quite like the higher tiers.
I run at times without prem, sometimes with, still play higher tiers but yeah its not all completely F2P.

The point is that there are a number of active threads in this are of the forum where this topic is already being discussed. the OP is too lazy to bother looking as happened yesterday where he posted Qs about brit Meds without bothering to look in the specific area of the forum.

Unangwata #16 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9055 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostDr_ownape, on 17 January 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

The point is that there are a number of active threads in this are of the forum where this topic is already being discussed. the OP is too lazy to bother looking as happened yesterday where he posted Qs about brit Meds without bothering to look in the specific area of the forum.

I see another policeman. You should apply for job.

(Is that what happens after 4k+ posts ? Maybe I should reconsider)

divsmo #17 Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32634 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

That's my point. No tier 9-10 without premium. The thing is why should I play tier 10 anyways ? If there was some incentive to do so.. but there is only cost. Apart from bonds perhaps. Top tier ? Some may need it.

They don't need to incentivise you or anyone else there's plenty of people that are playing tier 10s, like people have said above a couple of games at tier 5 will cover a tier 10 game but if you don't want to do it WG aren't going to care.

unhappy_bunny #18 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18161 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

No you wont. You will have loads of tanks to choose from in tiers 5, 6, and 7. Unless of course you only want to play 1 tank and at 1 tier. That is your choice. The game is offering you a lot of variety. It seems a shame to limit yourself to so few tanks. You will earn plenty of credits, gain loads of xp, train crews to multiple skills and perks, and learn more about the game and improve your performance.

Just how do you define progress? Is it getting to TX as soon as possible? Or is it working your way up the tree, improving your game so that when you arrive at TX you are able to perform at a reasonable level? 

Balc0ra #19 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66296 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

"End game" content usually is pricey for most games. But here there is a thought behind it. If everyone made a profit on a half backed game on tier X. Why buy a premium tank or play mid tier for income? 90% of the players would be on tier X farming credits. But since it's not a place to make profit easily. Others have to play tier 8 prems, or a normal tier 6 tanks for income and maintenance. Thus spreading the population at the same time. If you made a a profit, be that a small one barely doing your own HP etc. Imagine how bad tier 8 mm would be vs now with the big tier 9/X population, just saying.

Then again I've not bought premium time for over 3 years. And I still can make a profit on tier 9. Just take little damage, connect your shots and don't waste ammo on air, or press 2 to much. Then it usually can turn a dime back without issues. As gold ammo, consumables and repairs sink you more then normal ammo do on most tanks.

I have 2 mates that have not spent a single cent on this game. Now both has a few premium tanks from missions etc, inc the T-38-85M. But both got more then one X's before they got those. And still managed it just fine. If you can carry your own weight that is.

View PostUnangwata, on 17 January 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

And who the f*** are you to tell these things ?

And if you wonder why most respond the way they do. It's because 90% of your replies in most of your topics are like that. And based on your past topics. I'm amazed you are still playing.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #20 Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31308 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostDr_ownape, on 17 January 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

There is no point, in a community forum and its that simple.
So many on here are delusional to believe they have some sort of precedence over others, where replies are often indicative of some sort of personality disorder in response to something has triggered their Obsessive–compulsive disorder.

Its a forum open to the community and like anyone he can create a thread or post.
If that triggers some disorder well advise on a better method but keep your own disorders to yourself.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users