Traditional christmas collection completed?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Unicornus #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28422 battles

Hi everyone,

I am just curious if anyone actually managed to complete the "Traditional christmas collection" during the recent christmas event. I struggled hard with it but I failed to obtain "Silver spiral tree topper" a tier IV tree topper decoration. For the reason that the missing decoration never fell out of the decorider - and I had so many attempts, I even filed a ticket to WG to which I got very frustrating answer. In short they basically said - "thank you for your interest, completing the collections is very hard but rewarding, the reward for opening a box is completely random, we cannot do anything about it"

Not that I wanted them to actually do anything. I merely pointed out that the tier IV collection (traditional cristmas) had two tree toppers (one too many) and only three hanging decorations (whereas you need 4 to fully decorate the tree). Which looked suspiciously like a bug, for which reason I filed the ticket. Unfortunately I never got the answer if the "silver spiral tree topper" was obtainable through opening the boxes. I surely never got it from the decorider - and given the fact that you could narrow down the shuffle to only the kind of decoration you needed, the probability of obtainig it should be 50 % (only two possible tree topper decorations at tier IV). But as I said before - out of numerous attempts I "always and only" got the "Silver star tree topper".

Curiously enough, my question to public audience stands the same - Did anyone actually manage to fill up the "Traditional christmas collection"?!

Please let me know what you think.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_041.jpg   1.42MB

Edited by Unicornus, 18 January 2018 - 08:50 AM.

nightfoxy #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55457 battles
according to this, then 135k+ people completed it.

DracheimFlug #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostUnicornus, on 18 January 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Hi everyone,

I am just curious if anyone actually managed to complete the "Traditional christmas collection" during the recent christmas event. I struggled hard with it but I failed to obtain "Silver spiral tree topper" a tier IV tree topper decoration. For the reason that the missing decoration never fell out of the decorider - and I had so many attempts, I even filed a ticket to WG to which I got very frustrating answer. In short they basically said - "thank you for your interest, completing the collections is very hard but rewarding, the reward for opening a box is completely random, we cannot do anything about it"

Not that I wanted them to actually do anything. I merely pointed out that the tier IV collection (traditional cristmas) had two tree toppers (one too many) and only three hanging decorations (whereas you need 4 to fully decorate the tree). Which looked suspiciously like a bug, for which reason I filed the ticket. Unfortunately I never got the answer if the "silver spiral tree topper" was obtainable through opening the boxes. I surely never got it from the decorider - and given the fact that you could narrow down the shuffle to only the kind of decoration you needed, the probability of obtainig it should be 50 % (only two possible tree topper decorations at tier IV). But as I said before - out of numerous attempts I "always and only" got the "Silver star tree topper".

Curiously enough, my question to public audience stands the same - Did anyone actually manage to fill up the "Traditional christmas collection"?!

Please let me know what you think.

I completed both the traditional and modern sets, but not easily and not cheaply. I don't regret the cost though since I did get a ton of gold, silver, and a Type 59 (although the latter was in one of the last boxes I opened).

I am curious how many completed any sets without spending.... 

Archaean #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14990 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

I completed all sets after spending around 60 euros. than I bought even more packages because it was a freaking good deal. I bought another 50 packages and for the money I spent I got around double the worth.

And no, I don't think it's stupid. I would have spent that amount of money on this game anyway over the course of this year. In this way, I just saved around 50% of the money I would have spent on the amount of credits and gold I received.

Edited by Archaean, 18 January 2018 - 09:07 AM.

K_A #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13581 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I crafted and failed to create the final Chinese level 4 piece for my collection 15 times, but then I got it in a box for free. It's all about probabilities and luck, sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't.

undutchable80 #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Got the Modern one with the help of (25) boxes (including Type & Lorraine). The Chinese and Traditional I got through gameplay (Traditional only after my last game on last day by breaking up all the decorations in tree etc). Lucky with crafting. One attempt eould take me 4-5 times to get a single decoration, and another time I get 4 missing decorations crafted in a row. #RNG I guess.

jack_timber #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32492 battles
I was one leval 5 away from the traditional collection. But then again didn't buy any boxes, short arms deep pockets:)

Slyspy #8 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Traditional is the only one I completed.

MaxxyNL #9 Posted 18 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11140 battles
I finished all the collections. :honoring:

Balc0ra #10 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That ugly one? No I put my focus 100% on the Chinese and Russian one. Got The Chinese, missed 3 lvl 5's on the Russian one. Never bought a single box.

View Postnightfoxy, on 18 January 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

according to this, then 135k+ people completed it.

Yea, but it does not say how many bought boxes for it.

discontinued #11 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7293 battles
  • [-VOID] -VOID

I'm kinda lucky

I got 3 the Chinese, Modern & Traditional,didn't spend a penny either.

The cammo is pretty hideous. Also I only have one tier 10 STB-1 which I dont plan on ruining the looks, due to the revolting cammo...I dont care how much it "improves" my cammo rating "I aint wearing that crap" and anyways who needs a sock or some weird gnome stuck on the side of your tank!

Also I have only 1 tier 8 premium the PZ58 Mutz which you cant attach cammo to anyway.....

Probably why I won them and all those other deserving folk didn't get any :confused:

You really aint missing much at all

Edited by discontinued, 18 January 2018 - 01:27 PM.

HillBill79 #12 Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22030 battles

I completed the traditional. Though I really don't like it. 

Wish I had the Chinese one as that looked nice. But I wouldn't have had a tank to put it on :)

Hedgehog1963 #13 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50924 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I finished "Traditional" and realised the rewards were rather paltry since I'd never use that terrible camo anyway.  So I decided to throw myself full into the WoWS North Cape and Raid campaigns given they were due to end on the 15th.  So then WoWS have extended the period to next Saturday and it turns out I could have played more tanks with the bonuses running.:angry:  At least WoWS apologised to me on FB. 

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 18 January 2018 - 02:07 PM.

Lord_Edge #14 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5951 battles
I got the Soviet, Modern and Chinese ones.  Only wanted the Chinese/Soviet ones but would have been a shame not to finish the Modern one after grinding it to the 48% buff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users