reward system for good teamplay a good idea?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

garde_luitenant #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44966 battles

hello all,

i today was in a battle with a team that was at one moment at the losing end but we won cause of some in my eyes very good teamplay

sadly i after the battle you can only say to the guys thx for playing as a team etc etc instead of giving them a +1 or something for good teamplay

wouldnt it be a great idea to add a sort of thumbs up system in the game instead of only having a report system for bad behavior

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28398 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Postgarde_luitenant, on 18 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

hello all,

i today was in a battle with a team that was at one moment at the losing end but we won cause of some in my eyes very good teamplay

sadly i after the battle you can only say to the guys thx for playing as a team etc etc instead of giving them a +1 or something for good teamplay

wouldnt it be a great idea to add a sort of thumbs up system in the game instead of only having a report system for bad behavior

Would be great, but how?

Jigabachi #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Use the search function. Old idea, suggested many times.

A simple voringsystem would be ok, as long as they don't get counted in the stats. Bonus rewards are a big no-go.

Personally, I prefer a simple personal message, that's worth more than a random "+1".

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28398 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

I do think the current reward system XP/Cred is far too weighted on DMG alone.

There are quite a few and maybe just through some in.

Spot count and overall spot duration vs just pure assist.
Time lit and engaging within enemy view range.
Missed shot count against you.
Multipliers for more than 1v1 of close proximity.
There is just a few sure there are a load more but the current award system is actually extremely limited and only incentives certain types of play.

Supposed to be an Esport and maybe the reward system should reflect that more if you look at sport analysis and rating systems.

Edited by DumbNumpty, 18 January 2018 - 02:21 PM.

Archaean #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14952 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

This would either require for every battle to be  monitored by a human being that knows how to judge fairly without any prejudice or have an AI that works on a similar level.

Right.

garde_luitenant #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44966 battles
i was thinking of a ribbon like the ribbon battle buddy wich is recieved when one hasnt done teamdamage, so not a reward like gold or personal reserves or anything like that

just a ingame token after getting an x amount of thumbs up from other players for good teamplay

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28398 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Postgarde_luitenant, on 18 January 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

i was thinking of a ribbon like the ribbon battle buddy wich is recieved when one hasnt done teamdamage, so not a reward like gold or personal reserves or anything like that

just a ingame token after getting an x amount of thumbs up from other players for good teamplay

I suppose that is an idea, exclude platoons.
Not really bothered about inconsequential awards as often bemused by the majority of medals.
XP & Creds until you get good enough to be fixated with WR & WN8
A GG section in the player feedback drop down.
It would make a pleasant change from the usual of reporting arty :)

Edited by DumbNumpty, 18 January 2018 - 02:29 PM.

jadgboom #8 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3703 battles
Your still at the mercy of random players and every ones opinion about what's good play is different if you think there's arguments now on the forums and chats  imagine after they implement this in some fashion

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #9 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28398 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Postjadgboom, on 18 January 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

Your still at the mercy of random players and every ones opinion about what's good play is different if you think there's arguments now on the forums and chats  imagine after they implement this in some fashion

Prob just needs 6 or more GGs in randoms no platoons or same clan. Not much to implement, just not that bothered though.
Its quite a good idea to have at least 1 form of positive peer review than the current negative selection.

garde_luitenant #10 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44966 battles
i rather am at the merci of random players that show good teamplay and reward them in some fashion than see people calling eachother names all the time

i just started this topic to see if there is a way to also get some postive things in battle, and who knows maybe gameplay will change for the better with a reward system one day

Graeme0 #11 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23707 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

I agree WG should do more to encourage teamwork.. something like getting more xp or creds for shooting a tanks that has been shot by another in the last few seconds to encourage focus fire, or mediums get more for shooting the side and rear to encourage flanking.

We have stun, spotting and assistance damage, but need more to get teams working together

Unangwata #12 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7815 battles
Hmm.. if the teamwork was good it means the team worked good. So are you talking about rewarding everyone in the team for a good teamwork ?  Isn't better battle result a reward for good teamwork already ? Or are you talking about vote system for Most-teamwork-player of the match...? Wouldn't it be unfair for the rest of the team ?

Spectra_EU #13 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2800 battles
No.

garde_luitenant #14 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44966 battles
i was thinking in giving a thumbs up to the players that made the team play well, and yes this can be a little unfair cause it is ofcourse based on the findings of the person who gives the thumbs up, but when we look at the reporting system this works the same since people report e25's, arty, campers and what not for bot or unfairplay for no reason

so if we can report someone for no reason than why not give someone a thumbs up for a reason, namely he in the eyes of a teammate played well for the team

Unangwata #15 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7815 battles

View Postgarde_luitenant, on 18 January 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

i was thinking in giving a thumbs up to the players that made the team play well, and yes this can be a little unfair cause it is ofcourse based on the findings of the person who gives the thumbs up, but when we look at the reporting system this works the same since people report e25's, arty, campers and what not for bot or unfairplay for no reason

so if we can report someone for no reason than why not give someone a thumbs up for a reason, namely he in the eyes of a teammate played well for the team

Well technically I see nothing bad with vote reward system. BUt instead of rewarding teamplayer, I would allow to click and reward enemy player of your chosing only. A way to show respect after good brawl perhaps. That gives you power to increase someone's xp with click. Giving such power to every player would promote respect and good behavior. Example : Yoiu received -Good Sport- reward from ThaMan, at the endbattle screen.

Edited by Unangwata, 18 January 2018 - 04:14 PM.

garde_luitenant #16 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44966 battles
that could be a great addition to it yes i didnt think of that when starting this topic but indeed it would be great if you could give a thumbs up to a teamplayer and/or enemy

maybe combining the recieved thumbs up in to a fairplay, teamplay or what so on badge/ribbon would be the thing to do

giving an xp bonus for it would ofcourse be nice for the fact it can encourage people to show more teamplay or good sportsmanship

Rati_Festa #17 Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41005 battles
Great idea. We do need positive rewards including in game to balance against the negative. Wg current complaints reporting just perpetuates the toxicicity in game it needs a counterbalance.

It would be good at the end of tbe game if u could rate all team play across ur team. It could default at 5 and the a sliding scale u could up or even move down ( and just remove the complaint system that no one has faith in ). If ur number gets low u suffer xp minuses and if its high bonuses.

That would be a far fairer system in the game then it constantly focusing on dmg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users