Jump to content


lago 11 sec aim time


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ignaskarate #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9188 battles
  • 140
  • [LT-18] LT-18
  • Member since:
    03-15-2014
Hi, are developers reading this forum? Found new tank-lago. It has 83% crew and it has....aprox.11 seconds aim time. Is it normal, or should be fixed? The gun information says 4 sec, yes, i know 4 sec is crapto death aim time, but when 83% trained crew has 11 sec, its something out of my imagination.

Archaean #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14952 battles
  • 1,168
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    04-25-2015

4 seconds + all the hidden softstats that affect aim time + your 83% crew.

 

 



jack_timber #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31887 battles
  • 1,780
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Seems a bit OTT jeez my Deathstar aims faster.

Try vents + food that will give extra 15% just to see if it makes any difference, quick fix....



tajj7 #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 24763 battles
  • 13,836
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
Isn't the aim time like 2.6s with 100% crew? Not sure how you are getting to 11s, though the dispersion is terrible, but then everyone's dispersion at that tier is terrible. 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 63736 battles
  • 14,992
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
A: You have a dead gunner. B: You ha an outdated sight mod etc that don't sync the sight vs the server to well. And says your aim is slower then it actually is. As 11 seconds, even with an 86 % crew sounds a bit to much. Unless it's a different stat you have looked at completely.

Edited by Balc0ra, 18 January 2018 - 03:52 PM.


250swb #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21409 battles
  • 4,765
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
Can't think what you could be looking at. I've just had a look in the garage and with a 75% crew and no equipment the aim time for the top gun is 2.92 seconds, and with a GLD it comes down to 2.66 seconds. 

Edited by 250swb, 18 January 2018 - 04:48 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7252 battles
  • 3,735
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

The 4-second aimtime is only if you use both the stock gun and the stock turret.

And aimtime indicates how long it takes for the circle to shrink to 2/3rds of its size.

That's with 100% qualification.

You got less than than that so it takes even longer; easily 8 seconds or so.

 

So really, just free-exp the 57mm gun and git gud.



SuedKAT #8 Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,173
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

So I had a look at the Lago at tanks.gg, it have 3 guns, these are their base aiming times:

 

1.92 seconds

2.40 seconds

2.59 seconds

 

Since you say the gun say 4 seconds aim time I guess you're either looking at the top guns reload time and not the aim time, since the reload time is 4.27 seconds on the top gun, or you can also have the stock turret and the stock gun, that grants you 3.87 seconds aim time. How a 86% crew takes a 3.87 aim time and makes it 11 I have no idea though.

 

As a sidenote, I quite enjoyed my Lago, it's a heck of a lot better than the turd that follows it that's for sure.



ignaskarate #9 Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:26 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9188 battles
  • 140
  • [LT-18] LT-18
  • Member since:
    03-15-2014
No mods. After few games it was about 9 sec, from stopping the tank it takes 2 sec to start shrinking.  Added second turret, so now i have 5 sec AIM time. First games couldnt do more than 100dmg, now got >700 with the same gun. It feels terrible when you suck THAT thing that is between mens legs from all, because you even cant aim at them. Nice crap WG. Thanks for response to all.

Edited by ignaskarate, 18 January 2018 - 08:27 PM.


Homer_J #10 Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27485 battles
  • 28,541
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
You are timing the aim time wrong.  It is not the time it takes to aim fully, it's the time it takes for your dispersion to reduce to 40%.  And if it's taking 2 seconds for the aim circle to start shrinking then it is starting off bigger than your screen.

BP_OMowe #11 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24764 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View Posttajj7, on 18 January 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Isn't the aim time like 2.6s with 100% crew? Not sure how you are getting to 11s, though the dispersion is terrible, but then everyone's dispersion at that tier is terrible. 

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

A: You have a dead gunner. B: You ha an outdated sight mod etc that don't sync the sight vs the server to well. And says your aim is slower then it actually is. As 11 seconds, even with an 86 % crew sounds a bit to much. Unless it's a different stat you have looked at completely.

 

View Post250swb, on 18 January 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

Can't think what you could be looking at. I've just had a look in the garage and with a 75% crew and no equipment the aim time for the top gun is 2.92 seconds, and with a GLD it comes down to 2.66 seconds. 

 

View PostSuedKAT, on 18 January 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

So I had a look at the Lago at tanks.gg, it have 3 guns, these are their base aiming times:

 

1.92 seconds

2.40 seconds

2.59 seconds

 

Since you say the gun say 4 seconds aim time I guess you're either looking at the top guns reload time and not the aim time, since the reload time is 4.27 seconds on the top gun, or you can also have the stock turret and the stock gun, that grants you 3.87 seconds aim time. How a 86% crew takes a 3.87 aim time and makes it 11 I have no idea though.

 

As a sidenote, I quite enjoyed my Lago, it's a heck of a lot better than the turd that follows it that's for sure.

 

47 mm kan m/38 strv (stock gun) has 4 sec aim-time. The 11 seconds is the time it takes to be fully aimed.

For so many prominent players, it's kind of remarkable all went the wrong way in their thinking.

 

View PostHomer_J, on 18 January 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

You are timing the aim time wrong.  It is not the time it takes to aim fully, it's the time it takes for your dispersion to reduce to 40%.  And if it's taking 2 seconds for the aim circle to start shrinking then it is starting off bigger than your screen but the aim circle will never be displayed larger than a certain maximum.

 

Have a doughnut, Homer!

Now, is it confirmed that the new description is accurate, as it said 2/3:rds in the past?



250swb #12 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21409 battles
  • 4,765
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostBP_OMowe, on 18 January 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

 

47 mm kan m/38 strv (stock gun) has 4 sec aim-time. The 11 seconds is the time it takes to be fully aimed.

For so many prominent players, it's kind of remarkable all went the wrong way in their thinking.

 

 

I'm intrigued, have you a link for those stats that show 11 seconds? Every stat page I look at says 4.99 seconds max with the worst gun and a 50% crew, where does the other six seconds come into the equation? Aim time is the time it takes for the reticule to reach it's smallest size right? Sure you aren't adding reload time to aim time, because you know you can fully aim while you reload?


Edited by 250swb, 18 January 2018 - 10:39 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7252 battles
  • 3,735
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Post250swb, on 18 January 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

 

I'm intrigued, have you a link for those stats that show 11 seconds? Every stat page I look at says 4.99 seconds max with the worst gun and a 50% crew, where does the other six seconds come into the equation? Aim time is the time it takes for the reticule to reach it's smallest size right? Sure you aren't adding reload time to aim time, because you know you can fully aim while you reload?

If a 50% crew has an aimtime of 5 seconds, then it takes at least 7½ secnds to be fully aimed, possibly more; especially if the gunner is dead.

http://wiki.wargamin...ics#Aiming_Time



250swb #14 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21409 battles
  • 4,765
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 18 January 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

If a 50% crew has an aimtime of 5 seconds, then it takes at least 7½ secnds to be fully aimed, possibly more; especially if the gunner is dead.

http://wiki.wargamin...ics#Aiming_Time

 

Oh right, the gunner is dead now, I don't think we knew that before :sceptic: Maybe add in a damaged gun as well to make sure it gets to 11 seconds.

Edited by 250swb, 18 January 2018 - 10:49 PM.


SuedKAT #15 Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,173
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostBP_OMowe, on 18 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

47 mm kan m/38 strv (stock gun) has 4 sec aim-time. The 11 seconds is the time it takes to be fully aimed.

For so many prominent players, it's kind of remarkable all went the wrong way in their thinking.

Well to be fair it never occurred to me that he meant the time it takes to be fully aimed, partly due to his wording but also due to I've never seen anyone confuse the actual aim time from start to finish with the aim time stat. Not being aware that the stat show in-game and on sites like tanks.gg don't mean you'll be fully aimed after that specific set time I've seen plenty of times though. Glad that we solved it though.

 

The Lago does require a bit of aiming, but that's quite common at the tier and you won't like the next tank in the line since it have about the same aim time and DPM, but a tier higher.


Edited by SuedKAT, 18 January 2018 - 11:01 PM.


Obsessive_Compulsive #16 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23952 battles
  • 8,048
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014
probably an 83% crew that isnt trained for the largo..

Homer_J #17 Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27485 battles
  • 28,541
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post250swb, on 18 January 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

 

 Aim time is the time it takes for the reticule to reach it's smallest size right? 

No.

 

View PostBP_OMowe, on 18 January 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

 

Now, is it confirmed that the new description is accurate, as it said 2/3:rds in the past?

Someone did some testing recently and I believe it was confirmed as the time it takes to get to 40% of it's initial size (i.e. reduced by 60%).  Not sure if it was an actual change or someone used 2/3 because it's a fraction which is somewhere close to 60%.



BP_OMowe #18 Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24764 battles
  • 2,047
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    01-08-2013

View Post250swb, on 18 January 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

I'm intrigued, have you a link for those stats that show 11 seconds? Every stat page I look at says 4.99 seconds max with the worst gun and a 50% crew, where does the other six seconds come into the equation? Aim time is the time it takes for the reticule to reach it's smallest size right? Sure you aren't adding reload time to aim time, because you know you can fully aim while you reload?

 

Just get the Lago, play it stock config with a 50% crew and measure the time it takes to get fully aimed after some manoeuvring because this is what OP talks about, not the stat displayed in the garage even though he uses the same word for both.

 

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 18 January 2018 - 10:47 PM, said:

If a 50% crew has an aimtime of 5 seconds, then it takes at least 7½ secnds to be fully aimed, possibly more; especially if the gunner is dead.

http://wiki.wargamin...ics#Aiming_Time

 

Where are dead gunners mentioned in any of OP's posts?!

 

View PostSuedKAT, on 18 January 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

Well to be fair it never occurred to me that he meant the time it takes to be fully aimed, partly due to his wording but also due to I've never seen anyone confuse the actual aim time from start to finish with the aim time stat. Not being aware that the stat show in-game and on sites like tanks.gg don't mean you'll be fully aimed after that specific set time I've seen plenty of times though. Glad that we solved it though.

 

The Lago does require a bit of aiming, but that's quite common at the tier and you won't like the next tank in the line since it have about the same aim time and DPM, but a tier higher.

 

Well, the confusion about what aim-time stands for pops up on these forums on a regular basis, with players complaining about "my aim time is so and so, but it takes MUCH longer before I am aimed!"

 

I can't think of ANY other tank short of artillery that has a massive 4 second aim time on its stock gun....  but once the stock gun is gone, Lago is a pleasant little thing although not as good as the m/40L...now THAT is a sweet jewel!

 

View PostHomer_J, on 18 January 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

Someone did some testing recently and I believe it was confirmed as the time it takes to get to 40% of it's initial size (i.e. reduced by 60%).  Not sure if it was an actual change or someone used 2/3 because it's a fraction which is somewhere close to 60%.

 

2/3 was the old (and confirmed) description. Then again the difference between 60% and 66.6...% is hard to measure.

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7252 battles
  • 3,735
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostBP_OMowe, on 18 January 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

Where are dead gunners mentioned in any of OP's posts?!

:angry:

Two words:

Reading Comprehension.

 

I'm trying to explain how you could legitly get 11 seconds aimtime on the Lago, and the word "POSSIBLY" refers to a HYPOTHETICAL situation.

If the OP doesn't mention if his gunner is dead or alive, we'll have to assume that EITHER option is possible. A Schrödinger's Gunner if you will.



Gardar7 #20 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22772 battles
  • 1,644
  • [VKG-] VKG-
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
Just get rid of it as soon as possible. For me the first useful tank on that line is Leo at tier 7. Until that every tank was just a painful grind. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users