holidayops camo reassign

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

geekuma #1 Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23665 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

Question regarding the reward camo from Holiday Ops 2017: is there any possibility to reassign it to another tank? 

I didn't realise that this was one-off special camo only for premium and tier X tanks, I assumed falsely that it was available for any tank. As a result I've now wasted my awesome Chewbacca camo on my TOG II, when I could have used it on some other tank. Also the camo already purchased for this tank is now unusable. There was no warning that this camo will be over the existing one and not be reversable. 

So, does anyone have any experience with this, can this be changed? I haven't opened a support ticket yet, as I thought it's better ask fellow tankers about their experiences first. 

EDIT: Now I can't see the Christmas camo anymore. I checked my settings and I have enabled the non-historical emblems and camouflage. It has disappeared with the last game update. I'm now suspecting the mods being a culprit, so checking that now. 

EDIT 2: I mixed up a skin mod and Christmas camouflage. My bad, sorry! This question is not valid, please ignore the thread. 

Cheers,

geekuma

Edited by geekuma, 18 January 2018 - 04:38 PM.

Eaglax #2 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19145 battles

you do mean the camo you received for finishing the sets?

If so, go to preset styles => click on the camo => remove

Spoiler

and then click on apply&exit

I have no clue what you mean by "now wasted my awesome Chewbacca camo on my TOG II"....first chewbacca camo? second the reward camo is not for any prem tank, only for tier 8. So you can't have it on your Tog in the first place...

I also don't understand why your already purchased camo for the Tog would be useless. If it's camo for gold, just remove it from the tank and you can use it for any other british tank. If it's camo for credits, you should be able to apply it to the tank again.

If my screenshot doesn't help you, pls post some screenshots of your situation, because I don't really understand what your problem is :(

Edited by Eaglax, 18 January 2018 - 04:02 PM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67411 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postgeekuma, on 18 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

Also the camo already purchased for this tank is now unusable. There was no warning that this camo will be over the existing one and not be reversable.

Camo can now be taken off and added to any tank. It's not tied to one tank anymore. So when you remove it. it's moved to a common storage. So you can add it back on the Tog. Or use it on any UK tank. As if you go to the camo screen, there should be number in the lower right corner of your camo. Indicating how many you have in storage. As now one is placed on the hull, turret and gun. But you only need it on the gun to get the camo bonus. So if it's taken off, it should say 3 on one of them.

View Postgeekuma, on 18 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

EDIT: Now I can't see the Christmas camo anymore. I checked my settings and I have enabled the non-historical emblems and camouflage. It has disappeared with the last game update. I'm now suspecting the mods being a culprit, so checking that now. 

As pointed above, it's found via the preset tab. Where all future reward camos will be listed. But you won't see that on the Tog etc. It's only shown and listed on tier 8 premiums and tier X's.

geekuma #4 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23665 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

Thank you Eaglax and Balc0ra, I will check that camo style application/removal. 

What comes to the Chewbacca camo, that turned out to be a skin mod and not the Holiday Ops reward camo... I didn't turn on the skin mods myself, but my friend had downloaded on my PC last time he was playing with his account - so that's where I got confused. 

Although I must say it looks awesome!  Wouldn't it be cool to see WG bringing more non-historical camos and skins on the game. Mod is from sBpahTk? (question mark included). 

As the forum seems to disapprove using Google Photos as an image source (it used to work in the past, and now the code editing option is gone, too), I'll just link it here - hopefully this works: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1DkeubM3Vof92F8g2

And answer to the question about why using camo on TOG II, it's not for the effect but for the eye-candy - nothing more, nothing less. 

So all in all, my original question about Chewbacca camo is nonsense, you can forget about it :)

Thanks for the contribution!

geekuma

ogremage #5 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34187 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 January 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Camo can now be taken off and added to any tank.

Except CW reward camo which quite illogically is magical and thus locked to the first tank you applied it to!

Pvt_Duffer #6 Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postgeekuma, on 18 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

I didn't turn on the skin mods myself, but my friend had downloaded on my PC last time he was playing with his accoun

May I suggest that you completely remove your world of tanks installation, and reinstall clean.

Else you might find yourself posting in one of the next FPP update threads claiming you don't use mods,only XVM and have been banned/suspended without cause.

P.S. Don't let anyone else download anything on to *your* PC.  Ever. Even if you trust them. *YOU* do it.

play safe kiddies.

Also tagged with holidayops, camo, reassign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users