WOT Keeps Crashing my Computer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Besty1 #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26804 battles

Apologies if this thread has been started before, but its infuriating that the game keeps crashing. Some times it'll do it several times an hour. I've tried deleting and then reloading the game very recently but it makes no difference. I've also taken the back off of the computer and cleaned the cooling fan, neither of which has had any effect. This is a quite recent thing and hoped you may have some suggestions. Possibly it coincides with an update??!!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

wiggles #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33995 battles

Could it be mods? Is it over-heating or was that a shot in the dark with the fan? Have you updated GPU drivers recently?

We need more info.

h4ctor #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles
open client -> settings -> support -> check

jack_timber #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33034 battles

Does it crash when only playing WoT?

If you think it's heat related there is a program, is it CPUz?, Out there that will monitor and log CPU temp. Used to use it when playing WoT on laptop.....

Balc0ra #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65953 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postjack_timber, on 19 January 2018 - 08:05 AM, said:

If you think it's heat related there is a program, is it CPUz?, Out there that will monitor and log CPU temp. Used to use it when playing WoT on laptop.....

This, tho might I suggest NZXT Cam. It's free, has a monitor for cpu, gpu, motherboard and ram temp. Shows voltage, fan speeds if they do go to slow vs temp etc and anything that can cause your PC or game to crash if it drops or rises to much. With in-game overlays to show any info you want, even fps to see if that drops vs temp. https://camwebapp.com/ Just click on the game controller icon once you get in,  enable overlay, configure it and configure notifications to warn you when CPU/GPU temps go over a set limit, or fan speeds go to low.

If you have not updated your graphic card drivers in a while, might not be a bad idea to try that, or roll back if you did right before the crashes did start.

And also if you have removed all mods for the res folder. Start the game in safe mode anyway via the launcher. It's found next to the orange play button, as that has a white up arrow on the right side, press that and safe mode should be listed there.

Also clear your cache. You can do that by copying and pasting this into your file explorer, and delete everything in it. 

Spoiler

Edited by Balc0ra, 19 January 2018 - 08:57 AM.

cragarion #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

Doesn't crash mine,

things that can crash your system while playing WoT other than the game:

Mods,

other programs running in background (that you may or may not know about),

system not powerful enough,

conflicts within your system,

system overheating (check your fans are running and ore temperature),

program not installed properly or corrupted after installation, (run complete file check from launch screen),

Draz_H #7 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I've had problems with sound because I had several audio I/O. I disabled those that were useless anyways and it helped...

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #8 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30080 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View Posth4ctor, on 19 January 2018 - 08:01 AM, said:

open client -> settings -> support -> check

Otherwise just delete c:\games\worldoftanks and reinstall.

But what happens with other games and apps first?

Captain_Kremen0 #9 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37041 battles

"crashes" tells us the square root of [edited]all about the problem, bit like the Star Trek episode where they meet a ship that "won't go".

Need to be more specific but ill say 99.9% its nowt to do with the game itself.

Somnorila #10 Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55776 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

View PostBesty1, on 19 January 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

Apologies if this thread has been started before, but its infuriating that the game keeps crashing. Some times it'll do it several times an hour. I've tried deleting and then reloading the game very recently but it makes no difference. I've also taken the back off of the computer and cleaned the cooling fan, neither of which has had any effect. This is a quite recent thing and hoped you may have some suggestions. Possibly it coincides with an update??!!

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

The game is crashing or your entire system? Because if it's just the game then it's not a overheating problem but something else. Also do you get any notice?

I do experience now and then a game crash without any notice, like you would kill its process. I haven't found any explanation or reason yet. My only guess is that win10 is behaving crazy as it's not really stable and still get now and then a blue screen although my system is relatively new.

I would check the HDD if you have it installed on that and not an SSD, health and fragmentation. Would also make sure that win is up to date and update all my drivers. If i'm not mistaken you can also check game files integrity from the launcher, don't know as i'm not home to check. But if it's an option would check that too. And of course remove any mods and try that too. I don't use mods by the way and came to this choice just because i had many issues using them. From the annoyance of always search and install them with every patch to actual game issues. Would definitely recommend not using mods.

Edited by Somnorila, 19 January 2018 - 01:03 PM.

Link_to_Insanity #11 Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26973 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I think it is very unlikely to be WoT at fault, but more an underlying issue with your PC. As mentioned already in this thread, we need more information first.

Ogroid #12 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 32141 battles
There's a useful free utility called WhoCrashed (free version) which analyses dump files after a bsod or random reboot. May be useful for you, tho sometimes a bit vague. I have a similar intermittent crash problem and while I am still trying to resolve it, whocrashed says the problem is with the windows kernel rather than hardware so probably driver related. System file checker is worth a go too. If you have an old graphics card, as I do, and drivers are no longer updated that may be the problem

Phobos4321 #13 Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

you provide next to no usefull information at all

so you want the big guesses ?

is it game crashes or system crashes ?

anything changed recently ?

problems with other games too ?

mods involved ? (thought most mod conflicts i had resulted in stuck on loadingscreen)

overheating?

failing powersupply ?

faulty RAM ?

tried to delete the wargaming.net folder ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users