• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40543 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

good evening everyone,
today I have dedicated the whole day (since the servers for the CT were online) to tests on new and old Russian vehicles.
Assuming that I am of the opinion that public tests are very little useful (at least in the randoms) because the players do not understand that shooting only gold (random) is not useful to understand the dynamics of the game related to the new wagons, ergo I tried rooms with other players, mostly Russians, with whom we tested the new toys.

I will comment only on the tanks I played today and to which I am more interested, I will try to test them all.

IS-M

tier 8 heavy tank
equipment used: gun rammer - vertical stabilizer - fans

equipment typology: standard equipment that can be purchased with credits

consumable; unmounted combat rations 

In my opinion the tank for general characteristics has good performances in battle; good mobility that suits the type of tank (perhaps too high the weight / power ratio that I think should be slightly reduced), good aim time.. similar to heavy Russians of that level, good armor especially in sidescraping, the only flaw that I think makes the tank perhaps excessive is the dpm too high for the type of tank that should be according to my point of view.

With the equipment fitted and the "+5% of bia" the recharge comes to 9.66 seconds with a dpm of 2400 (identical to the IS6) and perhaps despite the turret is not the best and can be easily pen by the blows opponents not as soon as it is turned and the poor penetration of the AP shots (212mm) that over long distances are not very effective with well-armored tanks

I find exaggerated a dpm so high, I think it is more appropriate a dpm like the IS-3 with the same equipment and skills of the crew

Some small revision to this tank must be made, in general quite balanced and fun to play but although I think the dpm is excessive. And a greater penetration of the gold shots would be excellent to face the tiers 9 and X

OBJ-705A

tier X heavy tank

equipment used; gun rammer - vertical stabilizer - fans

certainly (for those who are a fan of the Russian tanks) it is one of the most beautiful ht ever tried and seen in game.

Very special the design of the hull and the turret and the addition of the two machine guns on the back of the turret are a nice touch that makes the tank much more aggressive, since in fact it is a tank very aggressive in its way of being played (or at least for how I played it) .

After a lot of matches, a question arose, I think more than legitimate .. why should I continue to play IS7 when this tank comes out? It is definitely superior.
With the same equipment and skills on the crew (playing the 705a with the same crew of my is7 re-trained at 100% by spending gold) the tanks are equivalent in terms of dpm, with the simple difference that this new tier X has (reiterate which are personal opinions) a truly incredible armor in the turret and on the upper front plate, frontally and sideways, spaced armor including on the hull as a good part of the Russian heavy tanks.

Certainly the mobility is not that of an IS7, in fact the mobility is right for the new heavy tank in question; a slow beast but not so slow after all, the rotation speed is really good as well as the top speed.
For a tank that I think is designed to make a fight at close range, the cannon seems a bit too accurate .. good overall strength of the modules such as engine, ammunition and fuel tank.

When I have a few more games, I will add more impressions that the new obj705a gave me. However I think we will see far less is7 in future battlefields. 

I think that some weakspots should be given to this extremely well-armored tank, and that the cannon for a tank designed to fight even at close range the cannon has an excessively good gun handling.

OBJ-268 Version 4

tier X tank destroyer

equipment used; gun rammer  - fans - gun laying system

first of all I would like to say that I found wrong by WG to remove a tank as the obj263 as tier X, since I find that among all the tanks tier X is one of the most peculiar in terms of characteristics and style of play that can to have.
Said this...
I found it fun to play this new tier X, excellent mobility ... really amazing, which even more amazed me and that in the back-gear is really snappy and this allows you to go back away immediately when needed and in combination with the excellent speed of rotation and the completely senseless armor (senseless in the sense that it has too much armor even compared to the 263 which is still tier X in the live server) it can be said that this is not a tankdestroyer at all but an heavy tank from every point of view...not even the JPE100 is so armored if we want to find a tank with a similar design.

Good reloading time and good aim time to play at close range, lower dpm than the obj268 which certainly has a different style of play and different characteristics (greater camo and accuracy and more alpha dmg)
I think the tech line revised in this sense is completely wrong and that this tier X is really excessive... I can understand that you (wg) want to put a tank that should be played at close range like the 263, but this is really too much .. at least reduce the resistance in some points such as the commander's cupola and the actual armor of the lower front part of the tank.

I find this review erroneous and above all not requested by the players, no one has ever seen a post on the forum of someone complaining about the obj263.

On the internet I found something interesting and I think it can be more rational so and that could please everyone, both you as developers that we as players ...

Tomorrow I will have fun with the other tanks .. for now I leave you this video about the obj257, new tier 9 before IS7

https://clips.twitch...ugarKappaWealth

my english is kindly offered by google translator:trollface:

Edited by ValkyrionX, 19 January 2018 - 09:35 PM.

CptBarney #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18915 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

So more poorly balanced tanks. Whats new?

this game is like mechwarrior online except the new vehicles are op here and the new mechs there are usually garbage.

Vanezza #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38403 battles
all these tanks get nerf. always on the test server, the tank is very good, but mediocre in the game

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40543 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

View PostCptBarney, on 19 January 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

So more poorly balanced tanks. Whats new?

this game is like mechwarrior online except the new vehicles are op here and the new mechs there are usually garbage.

the problem lies in the fact that the developers of the game are constantly pressed by the marketing responsibles of the wg, which in order to monetize the game will do anything to release more and more hard tank (and new stupid premium OP tanks) to play at which you have to shoot gold ammunition ..and if you do not buy premium time forgot to be competitive in every battle .. gg wargaming .. 

MarcoStrapone #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32556 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS
ct online? :mellow:

ValkyrionX #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40543 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
little corretction, the ammorack of the obj705a it is not very resistant after all , and the obj430u's turret is too strong for a medium tank, far too much compared to that of the t62a

MarcoStrapone #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32556 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

its jungle out there with all those putins.

PauI #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24361 battles
  • [BV-S] BV-S
This is ridiculous...rasha already had the best in every class, now commes this buff across the board and new tanks...how can someome be so subjective? I would gladly play the game on eu server without the rasha nation....make this nation only available on the vodka servers...if they need this...they can keep them only on the vodka servers

Edited by PauI, 20 January 2018 - 09:52 AM.

PointZero #9 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles
I think Circon found the Obj 257 to be most fair and balanced

ValkyrionX #10 Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40543 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

View PostPointZero, on 20 January 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

I think Circon found the Obj 257 to be most fair and balanced

the new 257 is very similar to the obj252u ...as a style of play is definitely close to the defender, and I found it curious that the obj257 can be played with full cannon and turret of the IS3 instead of the full turret (which in some ways is more resistant than the full turret) but at the same time has more weakspot of the is3 turret (at least frontally) as it has the domes similar to those of the is6 and the defender and the part above the cannon is similar to that of the is4 and the opponents easily break it.

as well we can see in the video it is not possible to damage and to track at the same time this tank (at least on the front tracks).. the shape of the hull reminds a lot of the t22 medium and the lower front part of the tank is much more resistant than I could expect even for a 9..always inspired by the forms of the medium t22

ValkyrionX #11 Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40543 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

goooooooooooooooood morniiiing

after writing all this, last night I dedicated myself to the new medium tier X .. the obj430U as I was very interested in trying it and I am impressed with the new toy even if there are some defects in my opinion that makes the wagon excessive in some aspects.

OBJ430U

tier x medium tank
equipment used: gun rammer - vertical stabilizer - fans

High DPM (+ 3k of damage per minute) and good general gun handling and the orrible gun depression angle, like other Russian mediums, make the tank very easy to play ... with the difference that the higher alpha damage (440 x shot) and a recharge of approx. 7/8 seconds differentiates it in style compared to other Russian meds that until today we have seen at stake. Very similar to the obj907 for sidescraping resistance

After a few games I have reached the conclusion that this tank is the exact copy in Russian sauce of the Chinese 121, with the simple difference that the mobility and the gun handling are slightly better and that the armor of the hull is clearly superior to that of the Chinese medium tank.
 .. after some random and some test rooms..I have reached the following two conclusions

1 - the armor of the hull seems to me balanced for the type of tank that the wg has conceived

2- I was amazed and impressed by the excessive resistance of the turret armor (both frontally and sideways is not easy to pierce..really excessive in my opinion if we want to consider that the 2 domes are very low and similar to that present in the t62a so almost very hard to penetrate) .. according to current statistics the turret of the obj430U is more resistant than that of the 113 chinese heavy tank (if we want to find a similar turret on an ht) and if we want to find a similar turret among the Russian tanks is much more resistant than that of the t62a (as mentioned earlier) which currently has the best turret (in terms of resistance) among the Russian medium tanks tier X.

In conclusion the wagon seemed balanced on all fronts, excluding the turret that sincerely seems to me too resistant for a medium tank of this kind .. 300mm armor is really ridiculous in my opinion and I think it must be reduced to at least  270 / 265mm frontally and that goes significantly reduced even laterally (I think that 240 / 250mm is more than balanced on a medium tank that can work as a support to heavy tanks)

For the rest of the tank is fun  .. but a question arises spontaneously ... that sense would you play the 121 chinese after the release of this tank as it is similar in style of play but definitely superior in all?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After that I noticed that I had lots of bonds to spend .. what did I do? 

easy answer .. I mounted the improved equipment on my beautiful obj260.
I mounted the following equipment; improved charger, stabilizer and fans

the characteristics of the tank make that the obj260 is a multi-role tank, able to be a medium (given the great mobility) and a heavy tank (given the discreet armor , despite the presence of many weakspots even in the turret)

Strong point and also weak point of this tank is in its will to be a multi-role tank .. in fact if played as a medium you can not always be competitive as the charging time and the terrible gun depression angle (fighting without rations and normal equipment purchased with credits) is really long, almost 10 seconds, and that the dpm is simply a little higher than the IS7 .. and this certainly puts a player in trouble even against certain heavy tanks (113, wz 5a, t110e5, super conqueror, fv215b etc etc) and again all the russian med tanks and some other meds which have significantly better charging times and of course also a higher dpm .. and to note another huge problem with this tank is that the ammunition hold is limited and with very few strokes compared to the other heavy of its own level..adding at least 8 bullets would be useful ... or even 10

Returning to us, I then played a few games with the equipment purchased with the bonds and charging time and dpm I thought it was much more appropriate to the tank that the obj260 should be ... a heavium to support and when needed by breakthrough with a similar dpm (thanks to the fitted equipment) to the Chinese 113 when it mounts standard equipment that can be bought with the normal credits.

small note on the test because I think this tank needs some slight buff at least in the charging time really too long for a tank that should cover more roles.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MarcoStrapone #12 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32556 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

you might intresting see this

All_up_in_ur_grille #13 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29280 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

Anyone running the test server able to confirm the amount of XP required to unlock the IS-M from the IS?

I've only been able to find one source saying the amount will be 58k XP, which seems a little low for a tier 8.

KillingJoker #14 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28956 battles

Sorry, server CT2 is busy...

please wait for you turn to test out the new super overpowered russian tanks

your queue number is 20000 

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #15 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
I am not going to join in or even bother as the 2 key for the RU line @ T9 & lower is completely unbalanced.
The Russian bias is always going to be there until someone shouts hey WG we are on the EU server and all we are asking for is a bit of balance to make a better game.
I say that because all T9 and lower with 330mm HEAT shells that are exactly the same as the T10 ones need to be replaced with the APCR from those T10's.
There are a few others in other lines but the T10 HEAT should not be in T9 & T8 tanks when the APCR is avail.

This is not anti Russian bias but to address a total imbalance in the game and the problem that certain tanks become an auto gold spam choice.

I couldn't give a damn about the new RU line, said the same in another thread and until the community starts to shout hey we are the EU and maybe we can at least have balance here. 

Edited by DumbNumpty, 20 January 2018 - 03:07 PM.

ValkyrionX #16 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40543 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

the "ghost" armor of the obj257 is a ridicolous thing....you have to do something about this completely unbalanced tank..totally broken !

..same for the tier 9 obj705..300 and in some points 800 mm of armor in the stock turret is more then ridicolous..you are kidding us

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19632 battles

Let me guess, the video about "Object 257 is it broken?" is an over 10 minute video and the end response is "Yes" :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users