• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

PoIestar #1 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30834 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

POPULAR

I tried the 9.22 test server today. And I wanted to form a clear opinion about the new vehicles. But my opinion became clearer than I expected. In my opinion, 9.22 should disappear, and never, ever return. And here's why.

DISCLAIMER(S): yes, test MM is broken, yes everyone fires gold and yes, test server meta. Also, Russian bias have nothing to do with any of this. 

The main focus today is the new tanks for 9.22. I have not checked the other changes tbh, but the tanks alone make me wanna wish this patch had never existed. Let me explain.

I will divide the tanks in four categories, and why each one is wrong.

1. Tank destroyers.

It has been very clear why this one is effed-up. I get the decision of making the SU-122-54 disappear in a WG-ish way, as in now we have "rear-mounted-casemate" TD's only. I also get that the 263 line needed revising because there's a reason you rarely see any of those tanks these days.

That reason, however, is NOT the Object 263. The reason is the tanks in front of it. And they were in long need of a buff, and WG gave them a few small careful buffs, and they are still terrible. I haven't played the line myself, nor was I planning to, but downtiering the Obj 263 in favor of a new tier 10 is not the way to go.

As for that tier 10: why? Why oh why? We didn't need another Object 268 clone. Surely not in this state, where the front armor is too OP. I've seen those things brawl and get away with it clean. That tank is incredibly stupid. It really is.

2. Mediums.

Object 430 had good armor for tier 10, so downtiering it should've gone with an armor nerf, which iirc it hasn't got. And why does it get a 122 mm gun? I know it's diverse and all, but the gun doesn't suit the tank at all. And then the 430U. Now what's that all about? That tank outclasses every heavy tank while being a medium tank. I've tested going to the heavy corner and take hits for the team, it's good at it. Heavy-good at it. This shouldn't be a medium. If it should be in the game at all.

3. RMT-Heavies.

I don't mind odd heavies like these, providing they're balanced. And they're simply not. Everyone knows how to sidescrape at tier 8, so that neglects any LFP armor weakspots available. And on the turret, there are none. In fact, the 705A has an almost IS-7 like turret. And to compensate for the "lack of armor and speed" (uh-huh) they get high alpha damage. Why? These tanks laugh at enemy armor, while being able to absorb every shell fired at them.

4. Object 257.

Oh and here we come. The T-10 "replacement". How about: take the gun from an Object 260, take an impenetrable IS-3 turret, place it on a T-22 medium chassis and tah dah, new TIER 9 vehicle. 

I mean, I'm all for uniqueness, but that side, at range, it literally impenetrable. I've seen people drive straight on through the middle crossroad on Winterberg, and getting away with it because the sniping meds and lights from the middle couldn't damage it. This tank absolutely cripples the last pieces of balance in the game. 

I could go on but my point is clear: every new tank has a factor which destroys game balance. Implement this patch, and the game can be declared dead forever. Which would be a shame considering 1.0 drops soon. 

WG, I know you don't read this, but the wrong decisions have been made here. Cancel this patch, it will NOT favor the game at all. It's worrying that the game "testers" can't be able to see that.

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29338 battles

I fully agree, where do I sign? :honoring:

Instead of moving Obj.263 from tier 10 to tier 9, WG should move that Murazor clown from the development department to the cleaning department.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 19 January 2018 - 11:10 PM.

MaxxyNL #3 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10768 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX
FFS.... It is a test server. TEST SERVER!! :facepalm:

Balc0ra #4 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62839 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Still subject to change. Lets not panic before CT2 starts.

PoIestar #5 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30834 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMaxxyNL, on 19 January 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Don't act like I am being stupid here. I TESTED it for myself and decided WG should go gfts and make this patch disappear from every record imaginable.

PipariIkkunaPesuvati #6 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9402 battles

View PostPoIestar, on 19 January 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

I tried the 9.22 test server today. And I wanted to form a clear opinion about the new vehicles. But my opinion became clearer than I expected. In my opinion, 9.22 should disappear, and never, ever return. And here's why.

DISCLAIMER(S): yes, test MM is broken, yes everyone fires gold and yes, test server meta. Also, Russian bias have nothing to do with any of this. 

The main focus today is the new tanks for 9.22. I have not checked the other changes tbh, but the tanks alone make me wanna wish this patch had never existed. Let me explain.

I will divide the tanks in four categories, and why each one is wrong.

1. Tank destroyers.

It has been very clear why this one is effed-up. I get the decision of making the SU-122-54 disappear in a WG-ish way, as in now we have "rear-mounted-casemate" TD's only. I also get that the 263 line needed revising because there's a reason you rarely see any of those tanks these days.

That reason, however, is NOT the Object 263. The reason is the tanks in front of it. And they were in long need of a buff, and WG gave them a few small careful buffs, and they are still terrible. I haven't played the line myself, nor was I planning to, but downtiering the Obj 263 in favor of a new tier 10 is not the way to go.

As for that tier 10: why? Why oh why? We didn't need another Object 268 clone. Surely not in this state, where the front armor is too OP. I've seen those things brawl and get away with it clean. That tank is incredibly stupid. It really is.

2. Mediums.

Object 430 had good armor for tier 10, so downtiering it should've gone with an armor nerf, which iirc it hasn't got. And why does it get a 122 mm gun? I know it's diverse and all, but the gun doesn't suit the tank at all. And then the 430U. Now what's that all about? That tank outclasses every heavy tank while being a medium tank. I've tested going to the heavy corner and take hits for the team, it's good at it. Heavy-good at it. This shouldn't be a medium. If it should be in the game at all.

3. RMT-Heavies.

I don't mind odd heavies like these, providing they're balanced. And they're simply not. Everyone knows how to sidescrape at tier 8, so that neglects any LFP armor weakspots available. And on the turret, there are none. In fact, the 705A has an almost IS-7 like turret. And to compensate for the "lack of armor and speed" (uh-huh) they get high alpha damage. Why? These tanks laugh at enemy armor, while being able to absorb every shell fired at them.

4. Object 257.

Oh and here we come. The T-10 "replacement". How about: take the gun from an Object 260, take an impenetrable IS-3 turret, place it on a T-22 medium chassis and tah dah, new TIER 9 vehicle. 

I mean, I'm all for uniqueness, but that side, at range, it literally impenetrable. I've seen people drive straight on through the middle crossroad on Winterberg, and getting away with it because the sniping meds and lights from the middle couldn't damage it. This tank absolutely cripples the last pieces of balance in the game. 

I could go on but my point is clear: every new tank has a factor which destroys game balance. Implement this patch, and the game can be declared dead forever. Which would be a shame considering 1.0 drops soon. 

WG, I know you don't read this, but the wrong decisions have been made here. Cancel this patch, it will NOT favor the game at all. It's worrying that the game "testers" can't be able to see that.

WTF.. no arty rage???

fighting_falcon93 #7 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29338 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 January 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

Still subject to change. Lets not panic before CT2 starts.

"Let's not panic before it gets announced officially".

"Let's not panic before it hits CT1".

"Let's not panic before it hits CT2".

Let me guess:

"Let's not panic before it hits live server".

And then:

Oh damn, we got ------ in the bum. Yeah, great idea. Let's not panic... :facepalm:

Sorry dude but I don't agree with you. NOW is the exact right time to make a big problem out of this crap update. BEFORE it's too late.

#KeepObj263AtTier10

leggasiini #8 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9661 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMaxxyNL, on 20 January 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

And yet the Maus, which everyone whined to be utterly OP in 9.17.1 test server, got HP buffed to 3200 from 3000 in 2nd test iteration.

That "test server" argument is rather invalid.

Szatanshow #9 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23169 battles

Do anyone even believe they listen to EU community???

Rusians say Defender is normal - they will say this is normal to - Eu is just moneymaker server aka stfu and pay preferably buy some tier 8 premium tanks that will be totally "fun" to play vs those abominations 

Btw ChiRi Will kill it 100% ;p

Edited by Szatanshow, 19 January 2018 - 11:45 PM.

TsundereWaffle #10 Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25832 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Rubicon looks balanced and completely fine compared to this stuff...

Velvet_Underground #11 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles
Once again I feel very glad that I left this sinking ship.

_EXODUZ_ #12 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 19 January 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Rubicon looks balanced and completely fine compared to this stuff...

Bonuses for emblems? Yeah, sure...

ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostMaxxyNL, on 19 January 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

Which means:

These tanks will get released with only very slight changes (Maus hp buff???) before release.

So, yes, now is the time to point out how terribly bad these tanks are. But WG will just ignore any negative feedback about the change and go through with it anyway.

Because,  they listen to community, which is why they, after  huge whine threads decided to not change Obj 263 line in early December, j use to say that it will be changed later same month.

WG completely ignore any kind of feedback they get, which the 263 change is proof of.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostSzatanshow, on 19 January 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

Do anyone even believe they listen to EU community???

Rusians say Defender is normal - they will say this is normal to - Eu is just moneymaker server aka stfu and pay preferably buy some tier 8 premium tanks that will be totally "fun" to play vs those abominations 

Btw ChiRi Will kill it 100% ;p

They don't listen to russian community either though.

There where a huuuuge whine thread about how Obj 263 should NOT get changed on RU forums, guess what, Obj 263 get changed....into some [edited]retarded [edited]tank which only caters for those really [edited]bad players who still haven't figured out how angle and hide weakspots and trade after 20k+ games.

ZlatanArKung #15 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:05 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 20 January 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

I would rather have bonus for emblems patch than these new 9.22 patch tanks.

Cannes76 #16 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62497 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Really hate the obj 263 changes. One of the only TD's worth playing gone... :(

TsundereWaffle #17 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25832 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 20 January 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Yes, compared to this garbage

tajj7 #18 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24373 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

To be honest most of the tanks felt pretty meh to me, that is off 1-2 games in each but it is so impossible to tell on the test server with the lag, yoloing, teamkilling, gold spam, every tank being the same etc.

430 armour for tier 9 I think is fine, but don't get why it has 390 alpha for a 122, that then has crappy accuracy and average aim time. It's kind of not one thing or the other, being not really as sharp as the 105s on like the MAX 30 or PTA etc, and not really brawly like say the WZ-120s gun, if I have decent armour and crappy accuracy/gun handling then why am I only doing 390 alpha for a 122, surely this should be a trading/brawling tank. 

705A is beastly when the lower plate is hidden, rest of the tank is quite meh, gun is ok, probably the gun handling is too good for that alpha, it feels like you are using say a 122 on the T-10, not a 152mm with 650 alpha. Armour is maybe too much, but again hard to tell cos in the games I played with it, essentially I could have done what I did in the IS7 as I got hull down.  Definitely needs some tweaking I reckon, but not game breaking.

430U basically feels like a 113 to me, which is an issue for the 113 cos you are talking about a 113 with more camo and gun handling. It is very similar in mobility and armour terms to a 113.

Overall the patch is not cancerous, it's not game breaking (aside 257s side armour), but at the same time it's more power creep and I really question what these tanks add to the game cos they all feel like something else, like literally like other Russian or Chinese tanks. The 705A is the most unique and even then it's really a slow IS7 with a bigger gun. 

Also the uniqueness of the 263 is going. 

Overall meh and don't understand it. 

jussijanis #19 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11541 battles
tomatos are gonna say these tanks suck anyways so wargaming gotta buff them more

Edited by jussijanis, 20 January 2018 - 01:21 AM.

_EXODUZ_ #20 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostZlatanArKung, on 20 January 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

I would rather have bonus for emblems patch than these new 9.22 patch tanks.

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 20 January 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

Yes, compared to this garbage

Did you actually try things on the Test Server?

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

To be honest most of the tanks felt pretty meh to me, that is off 1-2 games in each but it is so impossible to tell on the test server with the lag, yoloing, teamkilling, gold spam, every tank being the same etc.

430 armour for tier 9 I think is fine, but don't get why it has 390 alpha for a 122, that then has crappy accuracy and average aim time. It's kind of not one thing or the other, being not really as sharp as the 105s on like the MAX 30 or PTA etc, and not really brawly like say the WZ-120s gun, if I have decent armour and crappy accuracy/gun handling then why am I only doing 390 alpha for a 122, surely this should be a trading/brawling tank. 

705A is beastly when the lower plate is hidden, rest of the tank is quite meh, gun is ok, probably the gun handling is too good for that alpha, it feels like you are using say a 122 on the T-10, not a 152mm with 650 alpha. Armour is maybe too much, but again hard to tell cos in the games I played with it, essentially I could have done what I did in the IS7 as I got hull down.  Definitely needs some tweaking I reckon, but not game breaking.

430U basically feels like a 113 to me, which is an issue for the 113 cos you are talking about a 113 with more camo and gun handling. It is very similar in mobility and armour terms to a 113.

Overall the patch is not cancerous, it's not game breaking (aside 257s side armour), but at the same time it's more power creep and I really question what these tanks add to the game cos they all feel like something else, like literally like other Russian or Chinese tanks. The 705A is the most unique and even then it's really a slow IS7 with a bigger gun. 

Also the uniqueness of the 263 is going. 

Overall meh and don't understand it. 

At least someone is being rational, I mostly agree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users