Jump to content


Platoon changes


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

PanzerOtter #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:49 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2695 battles
  • 3
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017
Hello guys!

As I were playing with some of my friends that are way more experienced than me we got a bit frustrated.
While I´m able to play a tier 7 tank my friends are not allowed to take tier 8 or tier 9.
But we can still get matched up to tier 9.
I dont really understand why we are not allowed to play as a platoon of tier 7/8/9 while getting matched like that.

Whould be nice to change probably.

Eaglax #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18973 battles
  • 3,481
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012


HaZardeur #3 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:08 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
  • 1,065
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostPanzerOtter, on 20 January 2018 - 12:49 AM, said:

Hello guys!

As I were playing with some of my friends that are way more experienced than me we got a bit frustrated.
While I´m able to play a tier 7 tank my friends are not allowed to take tier 8 or tier 9.
But we can still get matched up to tier 9.
I dont really understand why we are not allowed to play as a platoon of tier 7/8/9 while getting matched like that.

Whould be nice to change probably.

 

What you descripe was possible in the past and not so long ago removed because trolls used it to get tier 1 tanks into tier 10 battles and alike. Was one of the better changes WG has done to the game.

PanzerOtter #4 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2695 battles
  • 3
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    08-06-2017

View PostHaZardeur, on 20 January 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

 

What you descripe was possible in the past and not so long ago removed because trolls used it to get tier 1 tanks into tier 10 battles and alike. Was one of the better changes WG has done to the game.

 

Oh sorry, thats not the point I want to change. I think it should be better, if you can play together with the tiers your getting matched anyway.
For Example:
If I´m not wrong I can play as a tier 7 against tier 6 up to tier 9. So why cant we play as a tier 6/7 or as a tier 7/8?

This is the change I want to point out.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:51 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 18481 battles
  • 9,853
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostPanzerOtter, on 20 January 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

 

Oh sorry, thats not the point I want to change. I think it should be better, if you can play together with the tiers your getting matched anyway.
For Example:
If I´m not wrong I can play as a tier 7 against tier 6 up to tier 9. So why cant we play as a tier 6/7 or as a tier 7/8?

This is the change I want to point out.

 

It should be obvious why they don't allow that.

They disabled that function because of trolls idiots. +1 tier was actually managable, now you can't even toon up with a tier 7 tank and tier 8 pmm tank like you could back then.

Imagine your friend tooning up with you in your tier 7 tank with him in his tier 9 tank and you get tier 5s as bottom tier. Now let that sink in and take a guess why what you are asking for is stupid.


Edited by Enforcer1975, 20 January 2018 - 01:53 AM.


TheOneAboveAII #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12064 battles
  • 443
  • [S4LT] S4LT
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

View PostEnforcer1975, on 20 January 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

 

It should be obvious why they don't allow that.

They disabled that function because of trolls idiots. +1 tier was actually managable, now you can't even toon up with a tier 7 tank and tier 8 pmm tank like you could back then.

Imagine your friend tooning up with you in your tier 7 tank with him in his tier 9 tank and you get tier 5s as bottom tier. Now let that sink in and take a guess why what you are asking for is stupid.

No...you would not get tier 9 with tier 5...if they would have done a tier 7 platooned up with a tier 9...the matchmaking that platoon would see is the matchmaking of the higher tier tank...so it would see 7 8 9 and 10.


Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 20 January 2018 - 02:02 AM.


Homer_J #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostPanzerOtter, on 20 January 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

 

Oh sorry, thats not the point I want to change. I think it should be better, if you can play together with the tiers your getting matched anyway.
For Example:
If I´m not wrong I can play as a tier 7 against tier 6 up to tier 9. So why cant we play as a tier 6/7 or as a tier 7/8?

This is the change I want to point out.

Tier 7 cannot be matched against tier 10 so if you allow them to platoon with tier 9 then either the tier 9 can abuse it to be always top tier or the tier 7 will meet tier 10 which will be annoying for the other people in the battle because they will have one useless tank in the team.



tank276 #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47918 battles
  • 294
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostPanzerOtter, on 19 January 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Hello guys!

As I were playing with some of my friends that are way more experienced than me we got a bit frustrated.
While I´m able to play a tier 7 tank my friends are not allowed to take tier 8 or tier 9.
But we can still get matched up to tier 9.
I dont really understand why we are not allowed to play as a platoon of tier 7/8/9 while getting matched like that.

Whould be nice to change probably.

 

Play a tier 7 tank, your friends must also pick a tier 7 tank.

Problem solved.

If they could choose a t8 ,you would be facing Kranvagns in your Tiger 1, pretty frustrating for rest of the team.

I used to report all members of platoons like that back in the day.

As mentioned above , one of the best decisions WG implemented.



Browarszky #9 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14906 battles
  • 2,772
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 20 January 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Tier 7 cannot be matched against tier 10 so if you allow them to platoon with tier 9 then either the tier 9 can abuse it to be always top tier or the tier 7 will meet tier 10 which will be annoying for the other people in the battle because they will have one useless tank in the team.

 

^ This.

 

Although it would be nice if they had the sort of MM which would allow for that 1 tier difference in platoon. (If only because I platoon with a friend and we don't seem to have the same tiers in development so we have to opt for premium tanks most of the time. Marginally profitable but not good for grinding tech tree tanks.)


Edited by Browarszky, 20 January 2018 - 02:48 PM.


Sirebellus #10 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17479 battles
  • 391
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

How to ALWAYS be bottom tier... play a T7 in platoon with your mates T9 tank

 



VsUK #11 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14288 battles
  • 1,301
  • Member since:
    06-19-2012
I presume the point the op was trying to make. Is why cant you platoon a tank 2 tiers higher than you, when you get put into games of tanks 2 tiers higher than you. Now, the stupid tier 1 in t10 games was a good move to block. But i think a 2 tier allowance should be allowed. Considering we're often put into games with tanks 2 tiers higher or lower anyway.

Eaglax #12 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18973 battles
  • 3,481
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View PostVsUK, on 20 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

I presume the point the op was trying to make. Is why cant you platoon a tank 2 tiers higher than you, when you get put into games of tanks 2 tiers higher than you. Now, the stupid tier 1 in t10 games was a good move to block. But i think a 2 tier allowance should be allowed. Considering we're often put into games with tanks 2 tiers higher or lower anyway.

 

:facepalm:

this leads to two options: let's take for example a tier 6 platooning with a tier 8

A.) the tier 8 MM is in effect: the tier 6 is ALWAYS low tier, and will face tier 9 and tier 10 tanks? => WHO THE F* WANTS THAT?

B,) the tier 6 MM is in effect: the tier 8 is ALWAYS high tier, always. So you can easily manipulate the system to be top tier all the time. Do you really think that this is a good idea?

 

 



Eaglax #13 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18973 battles
  • 3,481
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012
ups, double post

Edited by Eaglax, 20 January 2018 - 03:49 PM.


Homer_J #14 Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostVsUK, on 20 January 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

I presume the point the op was trying to make. Is why cant you platoon a tank 2 tiers higher than you, when you get put into games of tanks 2 tiers higher than you. Now, the stupid tier 1 in t10 games was a good move to block. But i think a 2 tier allowance should be allowed. Considering we're often put into games with tanks 2 tiers higher or lower anyway.

 

Yes we covered that already.

 

Back in the day what you would think is I'll platoon tier 6 with tier 8 because I'm going to see tier 8 anyway but instead you would get to see tier 10.  Now some people could handle that, others would come to the forum and whine about it, and lots of people would get annoyed that others had done it and start being abusive/team killing.



HaZardeur #15 Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
  • 1,065
  • Member since:
    08-14-2010

View PostVsUK, on 20 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

I presume the point the op was trying to make. Is why cant you platoon a tank 2 tiers higher than you, when you get put into games of tanks 2 tiers higher than you. Now, the stupid tier 1 in t10 games was a good move to block. But i think a 2 tier allowance should be allowed. Considering we're often put into games with tanks 2 tiers higher or lower anyway.

 

With this I would always platoon in my tier 8 tank and my buddy in tier 6 and I had always top tier MM for me... sounds legit and would for sure not be abused to hell.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users