Jump to content


The new camouflage system - what a total mess.


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,268
  • [DAILY] DAILY
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

So, camos are 50% off this weekend, I thought - hey, what a good idea to camo all my tanks so they would get those 2%/3%/4% bonuses in battle. (It doesn't show the % bonus anywhere)

So, did a bit of training room testing. If you have an emblem on your tank and someone else has "disable non-historical camos" your whole tank is displayed without camo paint to them - so my guess you also don't get the bonus???
To get the full % of the bonus you need to apply it to the hull????

How to buy paints for credits??? It shows that you can yet it never gives the option.

If I have a million camos already bought for gold then I can just re-use those on every tanks hull and as long as my tank doesn't have a non-historical emblem I still get the full camo value, right???

 

Damn, they just had to make this "better" didn't they.


Edited by guest273, 20 January 2018 - 11:42 AM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67496 battles
  • 17,176
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postguest273, on 20 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

So, camos are 50% off this weekend, I thought - hey, what a good idea to camo all my tanks so they would get those 2%/3%/4% bonuses in battle. (It doesn't show the % bonus anywhere)

So, did a bit of training room testing. If you have an emblem on your tank and someone else has "disable non-historical camos" your whole tank is displayed without camo paint to them - so my guess you also don't get the bonus???

 

Camo bonus % is show when you hover over each camo patter at the bottom. And it's the same for all classes as before. So no difference there. Discount is 24% now. Not 50%. Why? Well it costs the same for all tiers now, not 50 gold on a low tier and 200 gold on a tier X pr season. Now it's 150 gold for all. Or 100 pr season on TD's as they don't have the turret. Or even 50 gold pr season on a tank. As you only need camo on the hull to get the bonus, not the gun or turret etc. So on most low tiers, it's cheaper, as you don't see the camo on the gun anyway etc.

 

And if you have an unhistorical setup. You still get the bonus even if they can't see it. It's only the visual they disable, not the stats. Unless you think you only get camo % to half the enemy team, as half of them have it off do you?

 

View Postguest273, on 20 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

How to buy paints for credits??? It shows that you can yet it never gives the option.

 

Custom style is gold only. You need to click the preset style button under your tank in the exterior tab to find the silver option. It's only one setup. But it lasts for 100 battles, not 7 days or 30 days that you play 10 games of like before. So it's "cheaper". Tier X and tier 8 premiums have more options in that tab. Inc worn paint and a unique camo setup shared for all nations.

 

View Postguest273, on 20 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

If I have a million camos already bought for gold then I can just re-use those on every tanks hull and as long as my tank doesn't have a non-historical emblem I still get the full camo value, right???

 

You can take off the camo you buy, store it and use it on a different tank. It's not tied to one tank anymore. The number next to the gold price shows how many you have in storage. You can right click to sell them if you don't want them.  And you get the camo value regardless. Unhistorical don't turn it off. As I said, it makes no sense if half the enemy team can see it, to only give the bonus to them right?

 

View Postguest273, on 20 January 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Damn, they just had to make this "better" didn't they.

 

Better in a way, it's the UI department that fails to bring froth the correct understanding of how it works for most again. Just like the missions screens.


Edited by Balc0ra, 20 January 2018 - 11:58 AM.


Eaglax #3 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 19153 battles
  • 3,524
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

is that really you, guest273?

 

-it's 25%

- as already mentioned by Balc0ra, when you hover over it in the exterior-menu you can see the bonus, and obviously you can see the bonus in the garage, when you hoover over the camo value....

- non-historical camo also gives a bonus, and why would the bonus not apply, when an enemy has the "hide non historical elements" activated? So the bonus is depended on a single enemy, who must see your non-historical camo? That doesn't make any sense...and who would play without that option? If it only gives the enemy an advantage?

- yes only the hull camo is needed for the bonus

- you can buy only preset styles for credits

- yes you can use any camo on any tank you want, and as said, it doesn't matter if you have non-historical elements.

 

with the new system you don't need to buy camo for every tank specifically anymore. Just remove it from one and apply it to another. E.g. I just bought one single camo set for the czech tanks, and I will use this single set for all czech tanks, I don't have to buy one for each tank. I really don't know why this isn't "better", and why you would complain about that....

 

 

 


Edited by Eaglax, 20 January 2018 - 12:21 PM.


DracheimFlug #4 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9127 battles
  • 4,041
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

To those saying that you can move it, yes you can, but it is a pain to do that every time you switch tanks. Also, even though you only need it on the hull, it looks silly to only have the hull with camo. 

 

And the system is very non-intuitive, and the non-historical camos only apply to tier 10's and tier 8 premiums.

 

I am a fan only of the theory of this change, not of the implementation.



AliceUnchained #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:26 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

Of course, you completely failing to understand the new system and not bothering to read the patch notes in which it was implemented, or even any of the existing threads were it is explained, translates to the system being a mess. Rather than your own thought process...

 

While the UI may be unintuitive, the system itself is very easy to grasp. Takes a little as a minute to figure out.



Balc0ra #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67496 battles
  • 17,176
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDracheimFlug, on 20 January 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

To those saying that you can move it, yes you can, but it is a pain to do that every time you switch tanks. Also, even though you only need it on the hull, it looks silly to only have the hull with camo. 

 

Oh I'm sure someone will make a mod for it at some point, if not already. But who knows, as everyone complains about it, maybe they will make a button for it like with crew etc. So you can move it around fast

 

And yes it might look silly with it only on the hull. But for most free 2 play players, that mostly only have the gift camo set that is enough for 3 tanks etc. Hull is enough.


Edited by Balc0ra, 20 January 2018 - 01:09 PM.


_EXODUZ_ #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35567 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
Wow, that's what seal clubbing does to people. :facepalm:

DracheimFlug #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9127 battles
  • 4,041
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 January 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

 

Oh I'm sure someone will make a mod for it at some point, if not already. But who knows, as everyone complains about it, maybe they will make a button for it like with crew etc. So you can move it around fast

 

And yes it might look silly with it only on the hull. But for most free 2 play players, that mostly only have the gift camo set that is enough for 3 tanks etc. Hull is enough.

 

But also, move just the hull camo? If you want to move it all then it is still a pain. Would a mod keep track of the camo scheme for each and every tank? Not to mention the camos are by nation (and in the case of the non-historicals, including the Christmas camos) only on some tanks.....  

guest273 #9 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,268
  • [DAILY] DAILY
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 January 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

 

Camo bonus % is show when you hover over each camo patter at the bottom. And it's the same for all classes as before. So no difference there. Discount is 24% now. Not 50%. Why? Well it costs the same for all tiers now, not 50 gold on a low tier and 200 gold on a tier X pr season. Now it's 150 gold for all. Or 100 pr season on TD's as they don't have the turret. Or even 50 gold pr season on a tank. As you only need camo on the hull to get the bonus, not the gun or turret etc. So on most low tiers, it's cheaper, as you don't see the camo on the gun anyway etc.

 

And if you have an unhistorical setup. You still get the bonus even if they can't see it. It's only the visual they disable, not the stats. Unless you think you only get camo % to half the enemy team, as half of them have it off do you?

 

 

Custom style is gold only. You need to click the preset style button under your tank in the exterior tab to find the silver option. It's only one setup. But it lasts for 100 battles, not 7 days or 30 days that you play 10 games of like before. So it's "cheaper". Tier X and tier 8 premiums have more options in that tab. Inc worn paint and a unique camo setup shared for all nations.

 

 

You can take off the camo you buy, store it and use it on a different tank. It's not tied to one tank anymore. The number next to the gold price shows how many you have in storage. You can right click to sell them if you don't want them.  And you get the camo value regardless. Unhistorical don't turn it off. As I said, it makes no sense if half the enemy team can see it, to only give the bonus to them right?

 

 

Better in a way, it's the UI department that fails to bring froth the correct understanding of how it works for most again. Just like the missions screens.

 

Thank you so much for this! :)

You deserve some reward, only thing I can give you is funny pictures:

 

1

 

2

 

3

 

4

 

5

 

6

 

7

 

8

 

9

 

10

 

11

 



Cannes76 #10 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 68778 battles
  • 1,769
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 20 January 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Wow, that's what seal clubbing does to people. :facepalm:

 

/thread

guest273 #11 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 35394 battles
  • 2,268
  • [DAILY] DAILY
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostEaglax, on 20 January 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

is that really you, guest273?

Yes, it's really me, I am only rusty because I sold account,

I mean he sold account,

I mean I'm guest273.

View PostEaglax, on 20 January 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

I really don't know why this isn't "better", and why you would complain about that....

It is better, but it's also hell of a confusing at first sight.

 

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 January 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

Of course, you completely failing to understand the new system and not bothering to read the patch notes in which it was implemented, or even any of the existing threads were it is explained, translates to the system being a mess. Rather than your own thought process...

 

While the UI may be unintuitive, the system itself is very easy to grasp. Takes a little as a minute to figure out.

Ah yes, I forgot that reading a 100 line article and looking at some pictures actually answers all my questions in a short time. They totally couldn't have made a:

1) Better implementation altogether

2) A really explanatory 4min video or even FAQ.

 

I did search on the forum with the keyword "camo", do it as well now, maybe the searches that come up now are more productive.

 

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 20 January 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Wow, that's what seal clubbing does to people. :facepalm:

Nobel prize for genius.

 

Firstly:

Really great clan you got there

 

Secondly:

Nobel prize for genius again.

OMG on this account I got 3333 battles on M3 Light, 2777 on StuG III G, 1777 on Ltr,

overall on tier 1 - 4295 battles,

overall on tier 2 - 5844 battles,

overall on tier 3 - 6914 battles,

overall on tier 4 - 5670 battles,

overall on tier 5 - 6020 battles,

overall on tier 6 - 3334 battles,

overall on tier 7 - 861 battles,

overall on tier 8 - 1320 battles,

overall on tier 9 - 666 battles,

overall on tier 10 - 470 battles,

 

On SH I have: 1685 battles, 1k+ boing on tier 6,

On TB I have: 3343 battles,

 

Wow man you can check someones basic statistics in WoT. Ur a great man.

 

Yet you can't check a players last activity date / registration date after 4 years of playing.

 

#Meme.



Slyspy #12 Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14205 battles
  • 16,761
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 January 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Of course, you completely failing to understand the new system and not bothering to read the patch notes in which it was implemented, or even any of the existing threads were it is explained, translates to the system being a mess. Rather than your own thought process...

 

While the UI may be unintuitive, the system itself is very easy to grasp. Takes a little as a minute to figure out.

 

To be honest I still don't really understand and certainly can't apply my faulty understanding to the UI.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #13 Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33455 battles
  • 1,114
  • [SQCI] SQCI
  • Member since:
    02-17-2015
Being a dumbnumpty never saw the seasons on the left and kept clicking away furiously on options to try and get another season for quite a while.
Apart from that seems pretty OK.
Is it true you only need hull cammo for bonus? As that seems to been overlooked.

undutchable80 #14 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8375 battles
  • 2,141
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostDumbNumpty, on 24 January 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

Being a dumbnumpty never saw the seasons on the left and kept clicking away furiously on options to try and get another season for quite a while.
Apart from that seems pretty OK.
Is it true you only need hull cammo for bonus? As that seems to been overlooked.

 

Yes, if you want the camo bonus, you only need to apply it to the hull. The rest is just for aestetics (or OCD people like me lol)

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:52 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 9127 battles
  • 4,041
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
At the very least the gun being a separate section from the turret seems a little cheap to me. I suppose someone might want a different colour on the gun but really.... 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users