The New Cash Cow for WOT

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

WilhelmII #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33394 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

Here we are today with the first special on Camouflage Emblems and Inscriptions since the intro of the new customisation system, and guess what it now costs you a whole lot more to customise your vehicle than ever before.

1st the special reduction always used to be 50% but now it is ONLY 25% so for instance let's say you are going to paint a WZ 131 in full Winter Summer and Desert colours, and inscriptions either side of the Turret  before the patch the special would have cost you in gold a total of 225 for the paint and 50 for the Inscriptions Grand total 325 gold. Now! the same job now costs 342 for the paint and 76 for the inscriptions Grand total 418 in gold a total extra of 93 Gold yet another under handed stealth monetary increase.

Lets be clear WOT will have regular meetings to discuss ways of getting more money out of us by any legal way possible such as, before the patch we could choose which style of paint we want and decide whether it is permanent or for a certain period same for Emblems and Inscriptions which was working just fine, but the choices were more for us the player than WOT So that had to change! they again could not just change the short term period from amount of  days to amount of Battles, and increase the choice of paints, as that would still leave the choice to us, so they additionally introduced the new Preset tab with a FIXED STYLE OF CAMOUFLAGE FOR ALL BY COUNTRY) and of course this style will not please everyone so what will they do?? BUY ANOTHER CHOICE THEY PREFER FOR GOLD and with this in mind WOT also slip in a 25% reduction in the special discount. fro 50% to 25% making it a Win Win for WOT ONLY!    NICE !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jbnn, 20 January 2018 - 02:16 PM.
Use of red

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45559 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
How about not using camo or exchanging camo from one tank to the other one?

SpartanmarkV #3 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7674 battles
  • [BC-A] BC-A

^ refer to reply above 

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostWilhelmII, on 20 January 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

1st the special reduction always used to be 50% but now it is ONLY 25% so for instance let's say you are going to paint a WZ 131 in full Winter Summer and Desert colours, and inscriptions either side of the Turret  before the patch the special would have cost you in gold a total of 225 for the paint and 50 for the Inscriptions Grand total 325 gold. Now! the same job now costs 342 for the paint and 76 for the inscriptions Grand total 418 in gold a total extra of 93 Gold yet another under handed stealth monetary increase.

Yet where previously you had to pay that 325 gold for each and every vehicle, you now only have to pay 418 gold to use it on ALL vehicles in the same Tech Tree. So yeah, another 'I don't bother to read, I fail to understand, and instead I will complain, cry and moan' player. Nothing new.

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62728 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 20 January 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

How about not using camo or exchanging camo from one tank to the other one?

Because we have to dress our tanks pretty and camo sharing is unnatural and reformative, suppressing a tanks personal identity. 

On a more serious note it's surprisingly nice of them to let us do that. Put in a mod that automatically switches the paint, just like 

there is for certain equipment, and we're good to go. 

Dr_ownape #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41866 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
i must say i do like the new 100 battle rental camo idea for 75k. seems an excellent addition when grinding

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostDr_ownape, on 20 January 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

i must say i do like the new 100 battle rental camo idea for 75k. seems an excellent addition when grinding

Exactly. With a bit more effort (which surely soon enough will be covered by a MOD) you'll be cheaper off compared to before, and the same applies to the custom available for gold camouflage patterns as well 

Aikl #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Eh. It's cheaper, you can get camo for credits that last a set amount of battles instead of a set amount of days or even move your camo around as you please. It's a great improvement - and for those who enjoy funky-looking tanks it's strictly a 'visual improvement for cash' scheme, which I'm sure most are perfectly happy with.

I quite like the system, if anything I think they should provide some more options for camo patterns (transparent ones in particular) and missions for camo patterns. Heck, why not sell themed skins in the premium shop. Perfectly fine with Wargaming earning cash through Girls und Panzer skins than selling overpowered tanks. Maybe that's just me, though.

WilhelmII #9 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33394 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 January 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yet where previously you had to pay that 325 gold for each and every vehicle, you now only have to pay 418 gold to use it on ALL vehicles in the same Tech Tree. So yeah, another 'I don't bother to read, I fail to understand, and instead I will complain, cry and moan' player. Nothing new.

​Listen, before you start to assume on me and start with the fighting talk,  I do read, and knew what was coming but before I said anything I waited till I could actually see it and experience it rather than assume what it was going to be like.

Fact ! did the patch notes mention anything about the normal special reduction discount on paint Emblems and Inscriptions changing from 50% to 25%, NO IT DID NOT , so sorry we were not told everything but now as it has happened we now know what is what

Fact ! I am paying more now than for what I had before, because of the change of discount. 

Fact ! before, if I was painting camouflage on a tier 2 tank, the price was much cheaper than the Lvl 7 WZ131 I was using as an example, now it is the same price whether you are painting a Tier 2 or a Tier 10, so just how can that be better. Whereas before the price you paid was relative to the Level of the tank.

Fact ! it is  seems to be YOU who does not understand what has happened and acknowledge yet another stealth increase to costs to play, I have 129 Vehicles all permanently painted as that is my preference when I keep a tank I like, I am not complaining about having to pay for that I object to the rip of way this has been implemented where the NEW player is being unknowingly ripped off from the start. 

Fact ! The Preset camouflage tactic is one of the oldest mind play sales tactics in the book, The intention being, If the player does not want to spend Gold on Cam, then give them an alternative,  with cam we know they will not like or have any choice, result will be ​ if they want paint on that vehicle bad enough, they will now pay for it in gold, as I say one of the oldest sales tactics in the book.

Edited by WilhelmII, 20 January 2018 - 01:53 PM.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostWilhelmII, on 20 January 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Here we are today with the first special on Camouflage Emblems and Inscriptions since the intro of the new customisation system, and guess what it now costs you a whole lot more to customise your vehicle than ever before.

Ever before? Depends on how you look at it. On camo alone, no, far from it.  It's not 50% now because the price has changed to be the same for all tiers. Not 50 on low tiers and 250 or how much it was on tier X. So on some tier X tanks like TD's, it's still cheaper with 24% then what it was on 50% before the change with regards to camo that is. And do you really need one set of emblems for all your tanks?  You know you can take it off and move it around right?

View PostWilhelmII, on 20 January 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Fact ! I am paying more now than for what I had before, because of the change of discount.

If you want emblems and camo for all your tanks then sure, as that's 570 gold even for a low tier now with the discount vs before. But on a tier X it's still cheaper then with the old price and 50%. Then again, the idea is that you move stuff around from tanks you don't play anymore. It's gonna be pricey if you want one set for all your tanks. But no one does that anymore, so most are more happy with the new system vs before since they only buy one set or two, and move it around. That and I'm sure you have a few in storage you don't know about. If you check your emblem and inscription filters for "purchased". As I had 20+ inscriptions on some nations.

I doubt anyone used the discount to buy one camo and emblem set for each new tank in their garage like they did before when it was 50%. Now you don't have to buy one set for each of your new tanks. You take it from the tanks you don't play. Thus no need to buy 20 sets, thus no need to use discounts all the time, thus no need to buy more or all the time. Thus.. 24% makes sense if you will. It's only a cash cow if you want it to be. For most, it's less of a cash cow now. Even with silver.

And yes... I'm more happy with the new system and prices vs the old one. Even with 24% only. As I don't feel the need to buy emblems or inscriptions for a long time. As I have plenty in stock, and plenty to move around from tanks I never play anyway. Camo price is nice if you want a chance from a set you don't have. Vs the usual patters you have plenty of. As again... you can move it around. Free of charge vs waiting for a 50% discount on moving to. Be glad that is free at least.

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 January 2018 - 02:28 PM.

Steeleye_Spam #11 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27679 battles
This is a silly whine. Under the new system, the game has remembered all the camo on tanks I previously sold and put them in my depot, so I basically now don't have to buy any more camo as i have lots spare. They also gave me 3 extra decals or inscriptions for every one which I had previously purchased, so I have loads of these in the depot too. If anything WG have implemented it so they get less gold from existing players.

Edited by Steeleye_Spam, 20 January 2018 - 02:47 PM.

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

​Listen, before you start to assume on me and start with the fighting talk,  I do read, and knew what was coming but before I said anything I waited till I could actually see it and experience it rather than assume what it was going to be like.

Fact ! did the patch notes mention anything about the normal special reduction discount on paint Emblems and Inscriptions changing from 50% to 25%, NO IT DID NOT , so sorry we were not told everything but now as it has happened we now know what is what

Fact ! before, if I was painting camouflage on a tier 2 tank, the price was much cheaper than the Lvl 7 WZ131 I was using as an example, now it is the same price whether you are painting a Tier 2 or a Tier 10, so just how can that be better. Whereas before the price you paid was relative to the Level of the tank.

Fact ! it is  seems to be YOU who does not understand what has happened and acknowledge yet another stealth increase to costs to play, I have 129 Vehicles all permanently painted as that is my preference when I keep a tank I like, I am not complaining about having to pay for that I object to the rip of way this has been implemented where the NEW player is being unknowingly ripped off from the start. 

Fact ! The Preset camouflage tactic is one of the oldest mind play sales tactics in the book, The intention being, If the player does not want to spend Gold on Cam, then give them an alternative,  with cam we know they will not like or have any choice, result will be ​ if they want paint on that vehicle bad enough, they will now pay for it in gold, as I say one of the oldest sales tactics in the book.

You only need to buy camouflage and emblems ONCE for ALL vehicles in the same Tech Tree (Nation). Fact is, that is much, much cheaper. Yes, prices are the same for all Tiers but you can now swap camouflage and emblems around. No one is being ripped off. Your facts are either personal views, or dead arguments. Yes, were you to buy permanent camouflage and emblems for ALL your vehicles it will cost you more. But only then. The most hilarious bit is this though:

I have 129 Vehicles all permanently painted as that is my preference when I keep a tank I like, I am not complaining about having to pay for that I object to the rip of way this has been implemented where the NEW player is being unknowingly ripped off from the start. 

Because obviously NEW players will have 129 vehicles in no time, and will insist on painting them permanently just like you do. All of them. Simple fact is, that were they to swap around camouflage they be will off way, way cheaper than you. You can scream 'fact!' all you want but it won't help get your point across, nor will it add more validity. 

VsUK #13 Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
The real cash cow are the wallet warriors that cant play without premium ammo & those that should really have parental supervision when buying gift boxes or loot boxes.

Edited by VsUK, 20 January 2018 - 04:30 PM.

DracheimFlug #14 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostVsUK, on 20 January 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

The real cash cow are the wallet warriors that cant play without premium ammo & those that should really have parental supervision when buying gift boxes or loot boxes.

The real cash cow is people who actually enjoy the game and thus are inclined to spend on it. The real 'heroes' are obviously all those noble people who play a game they completely hate, just to not pay to play, or alternatively, refuse to spend anything on a game they really do enjoy, because 'everyone knows' that spending is bending over for the 'man,' right?

Stat_Padder #15 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38852 battles

View PostWilhelmII, on 20 January 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Fact ! 

Fact !

Fact ! 

Fact ! 

Fact ! 

Got to love the 40% players :D

Aine #16 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18251 battles
  • [MCARD] MCARD

View PostDracheimFlug, on 20 January 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

The real cash cow is people who actually enjoy the game and thus are inclined to spend on it. The real 'heroes' are obviously all those noble people who play a game they completely hate, just to not pay to play, or alternatively, refuse to spend anything on a game they really do enjoy, because 'everyone knows' that spending is bending over for the 'man,' right?

There's spending money for visual differences and there's spending money for advantages in game. What kind of spender are you?

AliceUnchained #17 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAine, on 20 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

There's spending money for visual differences and there's spending money for advantages in game. What kind of spender are you?

And then of course there's that thing where all advantages (bar most Premium vehicles) in WoT can be obtained without actually spending any money. Funnily enough, those exclusive paid for advantages do not seem to have given you any benefit though... 

Aine #18 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18251 battles
  • [MCARD] MCARD

View PostAliceUnchained, on 20 January 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

And then of course there's that thing where all advantages (bar most Premium vehicles) in WoT can be obtained without actually spending any money. Funnily enough, those exclusive paid for advantages do not seem to have given you any benefit though... 

Premium tanks don't give you an advantage over other players, though an increase in armor penetration.

Balc0ra #19 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostAine, on 20 January 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

Premium tanks don't give you an advantage over other players, though an increase in armor penetration.

Is that what you tell yourself when you play your Defender?

DracheimFlug #20 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostAine, on 20 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Look at my tanks and tell me which OP premiums I have. I do have premium tanks and I do have a premium account. This does make it easier to afford using premium ammunition but I don't carry that much of it and could likely fund it without any premiums if I had the patience.

As for it being pay to win or giving any serious advantage, my stats sure don't show any.... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users