IS-4 treeline buff in 9.22 patch?

IS-4 Treeline IS-4

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BunnyHug #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4252 battles

I really do not understand what WG is doing.... 

They will put a couple of overloaded, op heavies in the next patch, meanwhile, IS-4 is out there and its still useless.  They show their middle fingers to one of the eldest tanks of the game... So disrespectful.

It was a great tank, but now as a heavy tank, it has one of the worst win rates in the entire game. 

The worst win rate among  the t10 heavies

http://www.vbaddict....t_ratio&server=

The worst potential damage among the  tier8<  heavies, with bad alpha...As a t10 TOP Heavy, it's a total shame.

https://tanks.gg/lis...avy&sh=standard

There were some rumors about  WG will put it in t9... Which won't help, because it's already worse than most of the t9 tanks. But its ok.

If WG wants to leave it as a pile of garbage, no problemo. 

But at least, for sake give the option for KV4 or ST-I owners to choose another t10  tank to grind up, because of its clearly not worth  6 million silvers and a ton of exps.

Those people put a lot of efforts and game hours in a treeline to get an awesome T9 tank, the ST-I, but after that? They can not have a proper t10 tank. It's terrible.  

WG's going to divide the IS7  techtree. So what about the  IS-4?

_VoiVittu_ #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24637 battles

Wg is preparing The tree for The tierx Buff. That is why The kv3 and kv4 havent received Any buffs so they Will remain freexp sinks. 

Dont worry, The Time Will Come soon.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17607 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostBunnyHug, on 20 January 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I really do not understand what WG is doing.... 

They will put a couple of overloaded, op heavies in the next patch, meanwhile, IS-4 is out there and its still useless.  They show their middle fingers to one of the eldest tanks of the game... So disrespectful.

It was a great tank, but now as a heavy tank, it has one of the worst win rates in the entire game. 

The worst win rate among  the t10 heavies

http://www.vbaddict....t_ratio&server=

The worst potential damage among the  tier8<  heavies, with bad alpha...As a t10 TOP Heavy, it's a total shame.

https://tanks.gg/lis...avy&sh=standard

There were some rumors about  WG will put it in t9... Which won't help, because it's already worse than most of the t9 tanks. But its ok.

If WG wants to leave it as a pile of garbage, no problemo. 

But at least, for sake give the option for KV4 or ST-I owners to choose another t10  tank to grind up, because of its clearly not worth  6 million silvers and a ton of exps.

Those people put a lot of efforts and game hours in a treeline to get an awesome T9 tank, the ST-I, but after that? They can not have a proper t10 tank. It's terrible.  

WG's going to divide the IS7  techtree. So what about the  IS-4?

iI asked 2 or 3 times on the announcment. Obviously they never anwered and sometimes they even deleted the quote from my post.

I really hope they're planning something...

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Don't you know, IS-4 just like Leopard 1, would be overpowered if buffed.

Aikl #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDava_117, on 20 January 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

iI asked 2 or 3 times on the announcment. Obviously they never anwered and sometimes they even deleted the quote from my post.

I really hope they're planning something...

If you're asking the EU forum staff, the most likely reason of being ignored is that they simply don't know or are not allowed to share the information. The staff are nice and all, but they seem anything but independent. There was a thread earlier this week where two staff members' posts were phrased strangely similar, almost like there was a list of key phrases to include. Anyway, don't expect any information outside of announcements, maybe except from developers. Gepard_PH confirmed the T92 engine module HP buff, for instance, but he's probably not into supertest stuff.
Deleting stuff is a new one, though, from experience you can actually tear WG a new one as long as it is constructive. Meanwhile, posting harmless pictures of poop is not allowed.

As for the IS-4, I doubt anyone are entirely sure what would make most sense. Most likely slapping the IS-4 into T9 and making the ST-I the T10, with the option for a ST-II module with the double-barreled gun. Given WG's love for extremely consistent lines, keeping it optional seems likely. Maybe as a separate tank.

A bit on the side: Using an alternate gun module should be enough to govern parameters like "autoloader" function, gun depression and after-shot dispersion. Don't really see how else they'd implement it, actually. Just imagine working on reloading gun #1 with the risk of #2 firing - though WoT hardly models anything loader-related. Only exception I can think of is the ROF on the T-44's 122mm gun - the DPM literally reflects how stupidly awkward it is to handle a huge two-piece shell in such a small turret.

Edited by Aikl, 20 January 2018 - 02:26 PM.

UrQuan #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Have to admit, i'm a bit puzzled as well by the seeming negligence of the KV tree (IS-4). It was one of the most discussed trees for change by WG (mainly centered around ST-I as it didn't fit the line) as the higher tiers were not consistent with the rest of the tree (which was pretty consistent, but with enough variety at each tier to keep m fun: KV-1 with multiple gunchoices, T-150 with the neat 107mm gun, KV-3 with the 122mm gun & KV-4 with an upgraded 107mm gun, but all with the same steel box approach to armor)

Maybe the change is still coming? But not sure, as 9.22 is supposed to be the russian tech tree rework & they plan on focusing on something else after this (new tech trees I guess, italians & polish have surfaced as rumour, but also WG aknowledged they found info on Jap TD's & czech TD's; so there's that).

Not to mention that KV-4 & ST-I recently became HD, so would be odd to change it again in such short notice.

With that said, if a rework is still coming for this tree, I'd enjoy it & likely centers around the ST-I as that one feels out of place the most.

Edited by UrQuan, 20 January 2018 - 04:03 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29338 battles
If Murazor is allowed to continue his clown party over at WG office, the beautiful IS-4 will propably be swapped into ST-II. So now it will not only be absurd armor levels, but also double guns... Good job WG, you're destroying your own game.

Also tagged with IS-4 Treeline, IS-4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users