Why not let the player choose 2x EXP?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Kuraiko #1 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12083 battles

Hello everybody.

First of all, let me point out a scenario all of us have experienced a few times in World of Tanks. To much times, in my opinion.

You're starting a match. You do the stuff you should do in your role, but then unexpectedly you've got killed. Well, maybe it was indeed your fault or maybe the match was going on for several minutes already but then your mates on your side of the battlefield made a huge mistake which resulted in your death.

BUT, your team still wins. So far so good, but with the fact, that you did almost nothing in this match to gain really much experience. You might not even been able to do anything, cause drove a fat slow tank and was spotted by scouts within the first minute of the match and got immediately killed.

That sucks, because now you're first victory of the day bonus is literally wasted. You got like 800 EXP or so (in high tear).

It's easy to guess what follows next. In the subsequent match you perform like a god (I'm exaggerating a tiny bit now) and you gain 1.500 EXP on the same vehicle. What if you had the option to double this experience now? But Wargaming already decided to double the EXP of your previous match, cause it was the so called "First Victory of the Day" on this vehicle you just drove.

OK, this is still no real reason to change this matter. Like I said, this was only an often appearing scenario. 

The reason, why I think it would be better, to be able to choose the time of getting the bonus EXP is, that if the player had the chance to make better in the next match he'll try to perform really really good for very many more matches than he'd do, if his bonus already got wasted. This fact would just discourage the player. Why should he try to perform better for the next matches? His first victory is already gone for 800 EXP.

If I could choose, if I get the bonus EXP after a victorious match or not, after a match, I would always think: "Could I do a little better next time? I got 1.000 EXP now, but maybe I'll get 1.300 next time."

I'd be much more motivated to perform very good to get the most EXP possible from the redoubling.

So, I'm asking you and I'm asking Wargaming: Why would you not let the players choose, if they wanna get bonus EXP for the victorious match or not?

Because everyone can perform bad, especially in the first matches of the day! There are also players who cannot play this game to much and are subsequently not very good at all, so they just need some more time to get into the game every time they're starting it!

My suggestion on how to implement this into the game is to add a button into the battle results screen, which would appear after a victorious match and stay there until the next match with the same vehicle is started or the player logs out from the game. By clicking the button, a message would appear, asking the player if he/she is sure to double, tripple or for some events even quintuple the amount of EXP he received.

If answered with "Yes", the EXP gets multiplied by the given factor.

This button resets at the same time as the "First Victory of the Day" does by now. 

If the player did not choose to multiply his/her EXP on any victory, then he/she gets nothing of course, because he/she has to choose by him- or herself.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #2 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27102 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
x2 XP is just a mechanism to increase tank choice diversity in game.
Your suggestion would decrease that.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'd like the possibility to save the bonus ONCE, just incase you get a really bad match. But I think making it possible to choose yourself would dull it down to much...

SilentGaze #4 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 627 battles
I' like to have in battle results screen an empty places for cr and xp. You could then write there the amounts you need.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
The bonus is called "first win of the day". It's not called "this was a good win of the day" bonus.  The name should be clear enough as to why.

Orkbert #6 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24705 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 January 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

The bonus is called "first win of the day". It's not called "this was a good win of the day" bonus.  The name should be clear enough as to why.

Plus we still got people who already during countdown complain that our side will lose and then yolorush/suicide/afk. But if we manage to win despite the whiners' best efforts to sabotage their own team then they deserve to have their x2 bonus wasted by their own unsportsmanlike conduct.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostOrkbert, on 20 January 2018 - 07:26 PM, said:

Plus we still got people who already during countdown complain that our side will lose and then yolorush/suicide/afk. But if we manage to win despite the whiners' best efforts to sabotage their own team then they deserve to have their x2 bonus wasted by their own unsportsmanlike conduct.

Yeah. The "this team is not wroth a 2x" only to drown or leave early would be more common then if they could pick it. So yeah, it will def make it worse on some aspects if they did let us choose.

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 January 2018 - 07:28 PM.

250swb #8 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20814 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
This suggestion sounds a lot like the excuses children make for losing, things like 'I want another go', or 'I didn't mean that', or 'it's not fair'. I think picking and choosing when to get the highest bonus will just mean players engage brain when it suits them rather than taking responsibility for starting the first game with a determination to win.

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 6985 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Why? So you can just play all you like and just use it for when you finally get a good match, instead of striving to do your best each and every match?

VsUK #10 Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I can see why it would sound good. Especially when you die early on because of stupid team mates blocking your exit or being ammo wracked from a side scrape. Yeah, I've lost my x2/3 & 5 due to stupid in game actions by other players.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostVsUK, on 20 January 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

I can see why it would sound good. Especially when you die early on because of stupid team mates blocking your exit or being ammo wracked from a side scrape. Yeah, I've lost my x2/3 & 5 due to stupid in game actions by other players.

Maybe. But it won't prevent your other team mates that have crappy round to trow the game when you have a good one. And just yolo die or drown etc. Because their 2x is not worth this round anyway if they win. Just to leave you and the rest outgunned and isolated so you lose anyway. You can see why that won't work. As not everyone will have a "good" game at the same time.

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 January 2018 - 01:17 AM.

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #12 Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13265 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 January 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

I don't think the daily bonus could be given as an active bonus that can be activated at the end of the battle during the post battle report, just like Balc0ra said.

​On the other hand I would like if you could choose to activate the bonus only if you are in the top ten players in your team either by damage or experience (especially experience for light tanks since they don't expect to do direct damage, mostly passive from spotting), been either first or the tenth. Having lost the bonus because you got ammo racked in the first 10-15 seconds is lame, getting double tracked by someone at 300-400 meters and then get obliterated sucks, not been able to do damage because you are in a slow tank and the team steam rolls the other team...sucks too.

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17410 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

So a possible senario. 

You play your 1st battle, its a win but you had a bad one, 500 xp. So you think "I'll wait for the next battle".

Battle 2, you play really well but its a loss. Never mind, try battle 3. Its a win and you did slightly better, 600xp. Hmm. maybe wait for the next one. Battle 4, another win. 700 xp. No, not enough, I'm sure I can do better. Battle 5, 800 xp. No I'll wait a bit, want 4 figures. Battle 6, damn a loss. Battle 7, win and another 800 xp. Battle 8, 900 xp, yeah getting there. Battle 9, Internet crahes, ISP has service issue. , Arrrrgh! Now what? You played 8 battles but never got your X2. Internet is down, you cant get online, Rage. 

So you could have done your X2 on that tank and then tried for X2 on other tanks, but no, you waited and finally didn't get it on any. 

Next day, ISP has repaired fault, but it is too late. All those tanks you could have played and could have got X2 on, you missed out. 

How would you feel then? Do you want WG to let you roll over any unused X2's?

Its a bonus. WG give no guaranttee of how much you will earn from it. They just allow you 1 X2 bonus per tank per day. If getting it on a bad battle ruins your fun for the day, you need to look at what actually is fun for you. In my opinion, your priorities need a good reassessment.

And remember folks, not everyone in your battle is going to be on an X2 battle at the same time as you, so if you are the sort who thinks "I've done my X2 so I dont need to put 100% effort in", they could be thinking the same when its your X2 battle.

malachi6 #14 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48655 battles
I think it is part of the enjoyment.  I don't even mind having 2 loses where I do well then my win a sub-par game.  It makes for a good mix.  Part of the reason I have played for nearly 7 years.

jadgboom #15 Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3687 battles
Dare I say it GET GUD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users