• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Supreme_King_997 #1 Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26863 battles
  • [-RIS-] -RIS-

Screenshot (3).png

As you can see from this picture, I played around 30 battles with LTTB in a row last night, trying to do LT-9 (T55A) mission.

How is possible with this excellent and versatile MM of ours to not get Malinovka in 30 battles, but keep getting useless city maps where you don't have where to hide to do this mission?

I'm continuing playing with only LTTB this afternoon to see how many battles I need to get proper spotting map.

Bordhaw #2 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11978 battles

View PostNickyNPower, on 21 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Screenshot (3).png

As you can see from this picture, I played around 30 battles with LTTB in a row last night, trying to do LT-9 (T55A) mission.

How is possible with this excellent and versatile MM of ours to not get Malinovka in 30 battles, but keep getting useless city maps where you don't have where to hide to do this mission?

I'm continuing playing with only LTTB this afternoon to see how many battles I need to get proper spotting map.

MM is being changed in next patch anyways...so you can whine some more soon. 

xx984 #3 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 56388 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
i see a prok in there. Ungrateful Edited:hiding:

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 January 2018 - 11:59 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Supreme_King_997 #4 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26863 battles
  • [-RIS-] -RIS-

View Postxx984, on 21 January 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Oh wow one time, in which most of enemy team went on hill and I couldn't spot anything becouse my teammate had to rush in middle and spot everything that was there (like 5 tanks) and then die. That was awesome battle that we lost

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 January 2018 - 11:59 AM.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #5 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33234 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
Yeah next patch they have done some fixes with map & mode repetition. I got a T10 Rhm Pnzr just to test it in a Grand Battle which took 107 games for the first one.
I was also having a complete spaz at how often I ended up on Siegfried Line in encounter mode and was at times doing a John McEnroe.
At times map and mode rotation is extremely bad and hence why there has been a fix, unfortunately we will just have to wait.   

Edited by DumbNumpty, 21 January 2018 - 05:18 PM.

Kicky92 #6 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14629 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

Anyone else getting Karkov, Steppes, Ensk, Fjords, pilsen, sigfried, paris and winterberg on constant repeat? thought they'd made the map rotation better? obviously not.... 

I pray for the day I see himmelsdorf and redshire and prok again in normal rotation :/ 

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #7 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33234 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostKicky92, on 21 January 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

Anyone else getting Karkov, Steppes, Ensk, Fjords, pilsen, sigfried, paris and winterberg on constant repeat? thought they'd made the map rotation better? obviously not.... 

I pray for the day I see himmelsdorf and redshire and prok again in normal rotation :/ 

Yeah that is often it with some of those being much higher than others.
Fix has been done, just the wait for the release to see how it pans out.
Did someone just pray for Himms? :confused: :)

Edited by DumbNumpty, 21 January 2018 - 05:21 PM.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #8 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33234 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
At higher tiers battle tiers 9, 10 & 11 I really want to see some new maps, bigger as many maps just don't fit the capabilities of many in all classes at higher tiers.
1.1km x 1.1km, 1.2 x 1.2km 15v15 to complement the 1.4km x 1.4km 30v30 Grandbattles.
Why map progression stops @ T6 and they have design constraints of those tiers really bemuses me and bores me.

Part of the rationale is to have more 5-10 & 15 templates so that there is a higher tier tank sink so that T8 3-5-7 isn't such a bottom tier drag.
The should be part of the Grand Battle option as currently the 2 30v30 are too much of a marmite choice and need complementary high tier maps to increase and ensure adoption.
Even after the fix with the maps we have that we have played for 1000s of games its still at times going to be frustrating and boring.

Edited by DumbNumpty, 21 January 2018 - 05:34 PM.

malachi6 #9 Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50449 battles
I guess random needs to redefined to mean fixed for the OP?

Supreme_King_997 #10 Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26863 battles
  • [-RIS-] -RIS-

Update: new 20 battles

Screenshot (4).png

Supreme_King_997 #11 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26863 battles
  • [-RIS-] -RIS-

After this 20 battles and additional 5-6  with LTTB only during afternoon I stopped playing.

And then what happened?

I came back around 11:30 pm and first battle with LTTB...

BOOOOM CAMPINOVKA

I mean Malinovka... Mission finished, totally easy win, thanks to a pretty good team.

VsUK #12 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
Random battles isn't random. Your deliberately prevented from going on a winning streak. Even if you platoon at T10 in a platoon of 3. At some point you start being put in a team full of, well all I can say is. What kind of T10 Heavys moves down the middle of Karelia Map & not once respond to enemy fire. Almost like they've hit R 3x & left it to its path. I mean, surely no one plays a T10 like that unless it isn't a real player, just a dysfunctional AI that makes sure you lose.

It's also suspect when for the life of you, you can't pen the side or rear of any tank. But every snap shot from a med or even a light from god knows where seems to pen you like butter. The game isn't dictated to by the player or team. It's dictated by the game & how it decides if this time you win or lose. Makes no difference how pro some people think they are. It's all about money. This has been said many times & even I've noticed, the more you spend. The more favourable your team & RNG. 

Also, to finish off. Why should a shot on the side of a tank that only has 75mm armour, bounce or didn't scratch from a tank with 256 pen & 600 damage. Just because of RNG. Shouldn't be random. Those shots should pen every time unless the tank is angled then a bounce has a low %. I've had shots that can only scrape the paint of the side of my tank some how pen me as if I was hit direct. Stupid how the game works, but, its designed to suck you in to use & spend more!

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #13 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33234 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI

View PostVsUK, on 22 January 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Random battles isn't random. Your deliberately prevented from going on a winning streak. Even if you platoon at T10 in a platoon of 3. At some point you start being put in a team full of, well all I can say is. What kind of T10 Heavys moves down the middle of Karelia Map & not once respond to enemy fire. Almost like they've hit R 3x & left it to its path. I mean, surely no one plays a T10 like that unless it isn't a real player, just a dysfunctional AI that makes sure you lose.

It's also suspect when for the life of you, you can't pen the side or rear of any tank. But every snap shot from a med or even a light from god knows where seems to pen you like butter. The game isn't dictated to by the player or team. It's dictated by the game & how it decides if this time you win or lose. Makes no difference how pro some people think they are. It's all about money. This has been said many times & even I've noticed, the more you spend. The more favourable your team & RNG. 

Also, to finish off. Why should a shot on the side of a tank that only has 75mm armour, bounce or didn't scratch from a tank with 256 pen & 600 damage. Just because of RNG. Shouldn't be random. Those shots should pen every time unless the tank is angled then a bounce has a low %. I've had shots that can only scrape the paint of the side of my tank some how pen me as if I was hit direct. Stupid how the game works, but, its designed to suck you in to use & spend more!

Whats that got to do with map rotation?

Ziurawka #14 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22279 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View PostVsUK, on 22 January 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

And tinfoil hats on!

Spurtung #15 Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 65929 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostNickyNPower, on 21 January 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

View Postxx984, on 21 January 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Oh wow one time, in which most of enemy team went on hill and I couldn't spot anything becouse my teammate had to rush in middle and spot everything that was there (like 5 tanks) and then die. That was awesome battle that we lost

So, in essence, you're complaining the game isn't rigged in both map and team play style to fit your altruistic motives.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 January 2018 - 12:01 PM.

djuro900 #16 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16829 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 22 January 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

So, in essence, you're complaining the game isn't rigged in both map and team play style to fit your altruistic motives.

No he is complaining that map rotation sucks, and thats true, for some reason i see stallingrad , paris, overlord the most. Maybe because they are "newest" map they have priority. I am probably biased here but whenever i see any of those maps i feel like quiting game.

Edited by djuro900, 22 January 2018 - 11:44 AM.

Ziurawka #17 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22279 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

To be completely honest I remember that I saw open maps a lot more frequently about a year ago than I do now. 

There was a lot less Kharkov and Stalingrad (both of which are atrocious). Paris, Pilsen, Ensk and Ruinberg seem to be really frequent too. 

I won't go as far as saying the map rotation is rigged to rebalance turretless TDs, scouts and arty. There are just so many corridors in the rotation it's statistically more possible to pick one. 

Hero_of_Tython #18 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24498 battles
  • [AOTO] AOTO

The big problem is the fact that only a few of the maps offer any real opportunities of light tanks to do their job properly. Too many of the more recent maps and "rebalances" to existing maps seem to have been done with 1 single overriding goal, to make the map as friendly as possible for brawling heavy tanks. Therefore many corridors will be added, many ridges and bushes that TDs and other sniper tanks used will be removed, opportunities to flank will be limited and all passive spotting locations will be eradicated. To be honest I am amazed we still have even a single map in the game with a spotting bush on it.

The other issue of course is that the map rotation is random so it is entirely possible for you to get the same map multiple times (3 times Ensk in a row last night really sucked) or never see the map you want. Since the map rotation doesn't take into what the last map you played on was it wipes the slate clean each time, so if you queue up there is a 1 in how many maps we have chance to get Malinovka and the next game you queue up for you have the same 1 in how many maps we have chance again. It really sucks when this randomness goes against you, the fix is for WG to put in more balanced maps and fix the ones they have to better facilitate all tanks types not just over armoured Russian Heavies.

Maps like Province, North West and Pearl River offered opportunities for multiple tanks classes, heck even Hidden Village was more tolerable for non heavy players than disasters like Kharkov and Paris. Once they've implemented the HD client/game engine in 1.0 and the HD maps then I think the number one priority for the map team is to bring back the old maps that were way better than the turds we have now, either fix or remove those turds and bring in new bigger maps that suite ALL tanks classes not just Steve the IS-7 driver. However I suspect this may require some staff changes at the map team to shake them out of the HT only mentality that they have been suck in for the last 2 years

Edited by Hero_of_Tython, 22 January 2018 - 01:03 PM.

HillBill79 #19 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22030 battles

So, you're struggling with spotting 4 tanks while remaining unspotted?

LTTB probably isn't the best vehicle for that. Use a faster tank with better concealment, and maxed view range (binocs). Position yourself ( with camo net) about 400 metres from an area you know heavies or meds will cross at the start of the game. You should spot them without being spotted. You don't even need a bush.

Its doable on most, if not all of those maps.

Its not like you're having to do 5k spotting damage, where you really do need a good map.

Edited by HillBill79, 22 January 2018 - 01:37 PM.

pWnZoMg #20 Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 33035 battles

Whole MM thing is so rigged... When you chose mission from Campaign menu be sure that you will get everything exactly opposite from what you've chosen.

Playing the scouts all day, trying to finish LT15 for Obj.260, getting city maps, once chosen TD, instant Prokhorovka... And, map is rotated, not gonna happen again in days.

When you turn on assault and encounter mods, its even worse, as two times Campenberg is quite possibly to happen. Maybe even three times, as assault, encounter and normal mode is not the same, it's different map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users