team damage

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

paperboywps #1 Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18302 battles
  • [CR42] CR42

I think there should be more severe punishment against players who push others, flip other tanks over in their team or do any kind of team damage. If you get killed by being flipped/pushed et.c. then 1 week ban the first time and a fine of half their credits, gold and free xp should be transferred to the killed player. That would be a good start to clean up the game! What do you think?

I'm writing this on behalf of one of my clan mates. Even poor players have a right to play this game and shouldn't be bullied by being pushed/flipped and called a noob and so on..

Edited by paperboywps, 21 January 2018 - 08:47 PM.

jussijanis #2 Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11541 battles
Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 January 2018 - 05:43 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

dimethylcadmium #3 Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7769 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View Postjussijanis, on 21 January 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

Edited 

Gestapo called, they want you to do the night shift tonight....

dimethylcadmium 6

Edited by Asklepi0s, 22 January 2018 - 05:43 PM.

250swb #4 Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpaperboywps, on 21 January 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Even poor players have a right to play this game and shouldn't be bullied by being pushed/flipped and called a noob and so on..

No absolutely they shouldn't be bullied, and those who do it should be banned for a long time, and no excusing the idiots but if your clan mates can't take it as a hint to play better they should grow a thicker skin.

Shaade_Silentpaw #5 Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23428 battles

Pfft, hell no.

I was once banned for an hour for trying to UNFLIP a friendly light tank. When I failed to do so, I instead got blamed for it's destruction, turned blue and banned.

(I have the replay still)

You are saying I should also have lost half my gold, credits and Free XP? Absolutely ridiculous.

Hiisi #6 Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15625 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Damage compensation should be a lot bigger than it’s currently. If you get shot by friendly you get 5k silver from 500 damage, thats not enought. Compensation should be a lot bigger 20-25k or similar. 

UrQuan #7 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20137 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHiisi, on 22 January 2018 - 06:35 AM, said:

Damage compensation should be a lot bigger than it’s currently. If you get shot by friendly you get 5k silver from 500 damage, thats not enought. Compensation should be a lot bigger 20-25k or similar. 

It used to be bigger, but trolls kept parking in front of guns, to earn credits this way. 

It's an universal constant, if you propose a punishment, you have to keep those who abuse it in mind. Punishing folks more severely sounds neat, until punishments get so severe, trolls find ways to trigger it on innocent folks.

By example; the 'transfer XP / Gold / credits as compensation' will surely attract alot more trolls to perform ways to make you shoot/flip/harass them.

Currently, once out lower tiers, the behaviour is rare & hard to find ways to punish it further without causing too much collateral damage (punishing accidental TK's/Teamdamage too hard) Only thing i can think of that could work is increasing the penalty on repeat teamdamage/TK'ing/ etc, as most folks generally don't go around shooting/harming green tanks on purpose.

Aikl #8 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26079 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Pushing allies, at least in such a way that it severly disadvantages them, does come with a ban. Exactly how much we don't know, but try submitting a replay where someone e.g. pushed you into enemy fire. I'm currently 'tracking' a guy that did such a thing to me. I filed a ticket on him. He hasn't played since about the same time support replied. Four days and counting. The support can evidently handle these cases rather well:

Spoiler

On the other hand, I reported a platoon for circumventing the automatic team damage system by distributing shots between them, which was apparently harder to understand (and swiftly closed, I believe):

Spoiler

One might argue that I deserve getting shot/pushed because I decided to provoke the offenders further (though my initial 'provocation' in both cases were "stealing" their kill). Fine by me, however, neither battle depended on me being alive to win, and man it is funny when you can trigger people that deserve it. It also teaches me vital lessons in what WoT allows and what it does not. Blatantly pushing tanks is a no-go, but circumventing the team damage system is all-OK! :)

paperboywps #9 Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18302 battles
  • [CR42] CR42

View PostShaade_Silentpaw, on 22 January 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

Pfft, hell no.

I was once banned for an hour for trying to UNFLIP a friendly light tank. When I failed to do so, I instead got blamed for it's destruction, turned blue and banned.

(I have the replay still)

You are saying I should also have lost half my gold, credits and Free XP? Absolutely ridiculous.

Of course, pushing a friendly flipped tank should not count as team damage at all. Maybe the tank should not even take damage in that case?

Shaade_Silentpaw #10 Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23428 battles

View Postpaperboywps, on 22 January 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

Of course, pushing a friendly flipped tank should not count as team damage at all. Maybe the tank should not even take damage in that case?

IIRC, I'm pretty sure it didn't take damage from me - all I had to do was touch it.

WG knows full well about these problems too - but they have refused multiple times to adjust the system, always giving the same "working as intended" copy/paste BS.

Also tagged with team damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users