how much wn8 is enough to be in positive win rate?

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

Tepach_Svinja_Kaljavih #1 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25840 battles
i am trying to fix my win rate badly, but it keeps coming down constantly. its like this for weeks. this is last week http://prntscr.com/i3v857 . most of those battles are under 5 minutes, ending team melting either so fast that i dont even have time to do any damage. week before this i had 3 days with 2,5k wn8, 1 day with 3,5k, and 3 days with 2k+ wn8 and still ended up with overall under 50% win rate. what it takes to be in positive win rate, how much wn8 is needed? i do care about statistic, trying to make myself better and doing best i could, but it simply doesnt work.

Draz_H #2 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Survive as long as possible and try to platoon with better players or something.

Edited by Draz_H, 22 January 2018 - 12:51 PM.

Kurat666 #3 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29035 battles
  • [BB4] BB4

Good WN8 does not grant you a good WR..., it depends on how you play

EDIT: WN is damage dependant - and it actually matters where you do the damage...

EDIT: and as you can see from my stats below I have problems with keeping my WR. Dont really know why, still playing mostly the same tanks...

Edited by Kurat666, 22 January 2018 - 12:54 PM.

DeadM0u5 #4 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19390 battles
  • [S__T] S__T
Become friends with unicums then let them carry you.

Edited by DeadM0u5, 22 January 2018 - 12:53 PM.

Yasuziro #5 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14208 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-
Winrate is better thtn WN8
Winning the games is better than dealing dmg as redline warior
Try to get into good positions that would benefit firstly your team and secondly yourself
In this way you'll see both your wn8 and wr will increase!! More won games, more games where u can deal much dmg and take less dmg

People need to understand the idea of teamgame and teamplay

Start sharing hp in tradings, don't late others take it all for u then you are left 1v5 and get rekt cuz you are not one of qb's videe heroes.....
Try to win the game for your team,even if u die,even if sometimes you perform bad,as long as the team benefits from it everything's fine!!

Yasuziro #6 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14208 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

View PostDraz_H, on 22 January 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Survive as long as possible and try to platoon with better players or something.

U joking,right?

Draz_H #7 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostYasuziro, on 22 January 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

U joking,right?

That's how I got to 69%, I don't even need to fire my gun.

jabster #8 Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostTepach_Svinja_Kaljavih, on 22 January 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

i am trying to fix my win rate badly, but it keeps coming down constantly. its like this for weeks. this is last week http://prntscr.com/i3v857 . most of those battles are under 5 minutes, ending team melting either so fast that i dont even have time to do any damage. week before this i had 3 days with 2,5k wn8, 1 day with 3,5k, and 3 days with 2k+ wn8 and still ended up with overall under 50% win rate. what it takes to be in positive win rate, how much wn8 is needed? i do care about statistic, trying to make myself better and doing best i could, but it simply doesnt work.

Best idea is to take a few replays, post them to WoT Replays and then link them here. There’s quite a few of the better players, not me, who’ll be able to offer you advice.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Forget WNx. It's a useless rating.
If a match ends, think about why it ended like that. Why did you lose? Why did you win? How did you contribute? Biased numbers can't answer those questions.

Xaneleon #10 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 21608 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Perhaps it's your playstyle that is the problem. That could be that the battle is effectively 'lost' and you get the damage (thus wn8) at the last minutes of a game.

Meaning, you're too far in the back to have any meaningful contribution to the frontline and thus lose more games.

This is just a guess, but it could be just bad luck of course.

For example, take my FV215B stats:

So we're talking about 223 battles and 3.6k dpg, with only a 53% WR. You bet that I'm the most aggressive in the entire team each and every game.

For some reason I just lose a lot, even though I carry singlehandedly, not that I care but these low WR % are possible.

And to counter that, I played the E5 the same as my FV215B, while it sits at 71% wr after 1k battles. I guess that evens out :popcorn:

P.S. Give us some replays or examples of your gameplay and tank picks!

UrQuan #11 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

From folks I tooned with & personal experience, what tends to help WR alot is this:

- Do damage early (no yolorushing tho, please)

- Survive to the endgame (no camping tho)

Find a good balance between the two & your WR goes up.

Edited by UrQuan, 22 January 2018 - 01:14 PM.

Xaneleon #12 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 21608 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostYasuziro, on 22 January 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

Winrate is better thtn WN8
Winning the games is better than dealing dmg as redline warior
Try to get into good positions that would benefit firstly your team and secondly yourself
In this way you'll see both your wn8 and wr will increase!! More won games, more games where u can deal much dmg and take less dmg

People need to understand the idea of teamgame and teamplay

Start sharing hp in tradings, don't late others take it all for u then you are left 1v5 and get rekt cuz you are not one of qb's videe heroes.....
Try to win the game for your team,even if u die,even if sometimes you perform bad,as long as the team benefits from it everything's fine!!

Wow where to start with this post...

Winrate means nothing to unica, we care a bit about wn8, because it's ALL about DPG. All about that sweet sweet Damage Per Game. This follows from your wn8.

I'm talking about what the unica community looks at. Why care about a 64% WR when you have low dpg in the tank?

Winrate is easily padded to high 80%'s, just platoon. When you platoon and get that WR, your damage gets 'stolen' by your teammates.

Thus high winrate and 'lower' DPG means a lot of platoons.

You're correct about getting to good positions, but that's objectively benefitting yourself ánd your team. Not you secondly, you benefit by getting spots + spotting damage + your own damage.

It's much more than that, you get valuable information about positioning of the enemy and you can more accurately guess where the enemy is moving towards.

The idea of teamplay in randoms is VERY rare. Like VERY VERY rare. Only at tier 10 I come across some guys that want to play as a 'team'. Anything lower and chances are nobody even knows english in your battle.

And to add to teamplay, I think people only want to do that is because they know my name beforehand or see [FAME] and want to show how capable they are.

Never share HP, because your own HP is worth more than a pubbies HP. For example, I can do so much more with 600 more hp than a random pubbie ever could.

That's just me comparing stats against the average pubbie. If I don't know your name, you're just another meatshield to me. Why help someone when they throw away that very HP I helped them safe?

I certainly agree with that latest statement, try to help as much as you can. But if you die, observe and don't ping that minimap for your 'stupid' team to move.

Perhaps it was your own mistake for pushing up too much?

Cheers!

Agent_327 #13 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16594 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

WR is your ability to carry the team. People with higher winrate are better at placing them selves so that they have the most impact in the game. Ie. using your tank to the most of it's capability.

Most of the time when I die I analyze what went wrong. Usually it's that I went alone or too far ahead of the team other times I just play badly.:harp:

If you die early you have little impact on the teams winning chances. So live long and deal good damage and/or block the enemy team's progress by your presence. :honoring:

Draz_H #14 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostXaneleon, on 22 January 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Bla bla bla

Everyone knows you pad your WR in KV-2 toons.

TheWarrener #15 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2244 battles

Wn and wr are tied up really losely. You need a really huge sample size to draw any reasonable conclusions. I can give you only one advice if you care about wr: don't play on weekends

K_A #16 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13588 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
"Damaging a tank", and "damaging the tank that's the most important tank on the enemy team and who has to die" gives precisely the same amount of wn8, but while the latter will have a positive effect on your chances of winning, the former will be effectively pointless in many situations. Once you're familiar with all the battle mechanics that go into the game (which is the first thing you need to learn), learning the difference between a tank and the tank is key to increasing your winrate.

Kolmiopaavo #17 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43740 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

In every single discussion about wn8 people like to say "wn8 is useless" or something in between those lines.

Wn8 is not useless at all, its pretty damn accurate indicator of ones personal skill in the game. Sure it doesent tell the whole story, but why does it have to be separated from winrate and all the other parameters you can look at every single time? You cant just look at both and make up your own mind whose good and whose not, cant you.

Tepach_Svinja_Kaljavih #18 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25840 battles
I am very aggressive player. I never camp, even with Swedish tds u can sometimes see me close to the enemy if that would help to win. I do my damage early and trying to survive as long as i can. I know whats my role with tank class im driving, so ull never see me in heavy/med/light tank camping behind and just farm damage and being useless to team. And im all about team play, even when i die by invisible tank im trying to help win, by saying from which direction shoot camed, who shoot me and so on. Watched countles you tube videos, for light tanks i copy games from Ilya Red and circon, for other classes i use skill4lty, lemmingrush and AgingJedi, and u Xan u know what im taking from u ;) im really not doing anything wrong by my oppinion, but that doesnt seams to help. and i dissagree, wn8 tells more about player than WR, since wn8 is skill depended, while is WR is more thing of a luck.

Xaneleon #19 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 21608 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostDraz_H, on 22 January 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Everyone knows you pad your WR in KV-2 toons.

Sshhh! :hiding:

View PostKolmiopaavo, on 22 January 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

In every single discussion about wn8 people like to say "wn8 is useless" or something in between those lines.

Wn8 is not useless at all, its pretty damn accurate indicator of ones personal skill in the game. Sure it doesent tell the whole story, but why does it have to be separated from winrate and all the other parameters you can look at every single time? You cant just look at both and make up your own mind whose good and whose not, cant you.

Pubbies tend to care waaayyy too much about wn8. This is why people tend to say that, even I say it, because the guys that make these threads they focus too much on it. Almost obsessed.

Better to judge their gameplay with some replays and go from there, you're a god in this game, so it's different for you :P

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36847 battles
How many fish do I need to make a meat pie? is a more sensible question.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users