[Suggestion] Experiment with premium ammunition

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: About the experiment (46 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes, this is a great idea! (3 votes [6.52%])

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

2. Interesting concept, but needs some tweaking. (7 votes [15.22%])

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

3. Nah, I don't think it would bring the effect wanted. (18 votes [39.13%])

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

4. "Uninstall WoT pls you nab" (18 votes [39.13%])

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

5. It was suggested before (some time ago)... (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

mantazzo #1 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6184 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

Before saying this is stupid, please read the post fully.
Basically, yesterday I got a small idea which I thought could be interesting - how about making premium ammunition for Bonds ONLY?
IMO this would definitely decrease the usage or premium ammo overall, and since Bonds are here to stay for the very moment I think it could serve as a currency for premium ammo. You can still earn them (in Ranked, playing T10 or just getting the epic medals) but it could be rather expensive Bond-wise to run it with full-premium-ammo loadout (so as for example, 1 premium shell is 1 Bond, so heavy loadout would cost around 30-40, maybe even more Bonds; different tank types could have different prices for premium shells). As long as you can't buy Bonds (yet), the premium-ammo spam would decrease a bit, I hope.
And I'd be okay with better players playing premium loadout more - they worked for those Bonds, they earned it.

TL;DR - make Premium-ammo buyable only for Bonds.

I'd like to hear your opinions about this "experiment", why do you think it is (not) a good idea.

Pansenmann #2 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmantazzo, on 22 January 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Basically, yesterday I got a small idea which I thought could be interesting - how about making premium ammunition for Bonds ONLY?
IMO this would definitely decrease the usage or premium ammo overall, and since Bonds are here to stay for the very moment I think it could serve as a currency for premium ammo. You can still earn them (in Ranked, playing T10 or just getting the epic medals) but it could be rather expensive Bond-wise to run it with full-premium-ammo loadout (so as for example, 1 premium shell is 1 Bond, so heavy loadout would cost around 30-40, maybe even more Bonds; different tank types could have different prices for premium shells). As long as you can't buy Bonds (yet), the premium-ammo spam would decrease a bit, I hope.
And I'd be okay with better players playing premium loadout more - they worked for those Bonds, they earned it.

I'd like to hear your opinions about this "experiment", why do you think it is (not) a good idea.

nope.

I dont' think it's a good idea.

because only the top 1% could afford it in the long run.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63349 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It won't be "pay 2 win" like with gold only. But still stupid enough to split the player base in two. Sure you get bonds from medals etc. But think about the good players playing ranked getting a few K bonds. And then spamming Type 5 He gold on you all day. And you can't even pen them, as you can't afford it since you lack bonds. Yeah I can see that working even better.

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 January 2018 - 08:29 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #4 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29385 battles
It would indeed limit gold spam. But me personally prefer the idea of having different ammo types that are good for different situations. Just that they should be aviable for everyone, cost the same and have both advantages/disadvantages.

mantazzo #5 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6184 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 January 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

It won't be "pay 2 win" like with gold only. But still stupid enough to split the player base in two. Sure you get bonds from medals etc. But think about the good players playing ranked getting a few K bonds. And then spamming Type 5 He gold on you all day. And you can't even pen them, as you can't afford it since you lack bonds. Yeah I can see that working even better.

True, I don't disagree with your statements. But isn't "playing Ranked" what WG wants overall for now (aka actually progress to Tier X)? And as some person said about the battles, "bottom tier should never fight top tier; run or flank if facing top tier", and I'm pretty sure Tier 9 and 10 don't struggle TOO much facing Types; sure, their broken HE derp is beyond broken, but hey, it's not broken according to WG :D But anyway, I think it would actually give people something to play for, like getting the Tier X tanks to play Ranked to earn some bonds. And on the same note, it would probably reduce the Premium-spam at least a bit.

I actually was thinking about adding a second poll in a note like "what additional modifications would be needed for premium-ammo" with a multi-selection, but I guess this is enough.

Pansenmann #6 Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmantazzo, on 22 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

I actually was thinking about adding a second poll in a note like "what additional modifications would be needed for premium-ammo" with a multi-selection, but I guess this is enough.

more ammo types and every type available for all vehicles :)

Jigabachi #7 Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I read it all. It's a very stupid idea. It would dfinitely limit the use of premammo - but the availability would be completely different throghout the playerbase. And that is, obviously, a VERY bad idea. 

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 22 January 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

But me personally prefer the idea of having different ammo types that are good for different situations.

Then you should play WT, WoT doesn't have that. :P

cragarion #8 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41868 battles

View Postmantazzo, on 22 January 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

Worse idea than when it was only on sale for real money.

250swb #9 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21129 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Great way to let the best players (or simply those with tier X tanks) have more premium ammo, and the less good players get none. So the worst players give up, the game dies, terrific result, give the OP a lollipop.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63349 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postmantazzo, on 22 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

True, I don't disagree with your statements. But isn't "playing Ranked" what WG wants overall for now (aka actually progress to Tier X)?

Well yes. But that don't help when the majority get 100 bonds, and a minority get 2500. Thus splitting the game more then gold ammo ever did, when it was for gold only IMO.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17820 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
The concept is intresting, but it may be developed only if WG stop introducing On-Off armour and reintroduce viable weackspot. In the current state of the game, this idea would just be a gift for brocken superheavy and TDs...

pWnZoMg #12 Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32686 battles
  • [JNA] JNA
Should just lower the damage that premium ammo does. Higher penetration - lower damage. 

fighting_falcon93 #13 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29385 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 22 January 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

Then you should play WT, WoT doesn't have that. :P

Doesn't stop WoT from getting it aswell :P

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 22 January 2018 - 11:00 PM.

Homer_J #14 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27236 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So what would happen.

The top players would be able to afford premium ammo, as long as they can put the hours into ranked battles.

Low tier players (anyone with no tier X) might get to use one premium shell every 20 battles or so.

Plebs like me wouldn't be able to afford it at all.

OP would still cry.

Edited by Homer_J, 22 January 2018 - 11:04 PM.

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #15 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21088 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Dear mantazzo

I have read your post fully, and conclude your idea is fully fukkin stupid.

As a few posters have observed, what will happen to those who cannot play Ranked, or does not own a T10 tank.

Epic medals earn me about 2-3 bonds a month, cuz I am crapp!

How the fcuk am I supposed to fund a Dinger lifestyle?

Regards

Tommy.

Homer_J #16 Posted 22 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27236 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have to wonder how many bonds a 48% player who has only played 5k battles in nearly seven years has earned.

mantazzo #17 Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6184 battles
  • [LTUKP] LTUKP

Well, I think I could simplify it a bit (although I still don't think most will agree) - I'd prefer premium ammo to be a valuable resource. Basically, add some actual thinking when to use which shell type, and not just the standard one "push 2 twice to win everytime (almost)" things happening in a lot of battles. Yes, I understand the point about top players ability to spam, but: 1) Ranked battles would need tweaked rewards (reduced bond amount, probably) or game would need some rebalancing; 2) Like I mentioned, shell cost would be adjusted accordingly to the tank and its' role (if the premium shell gives more damage, it would cost more bonds etc.) and 3) What's wrong with top players getting rewarded? I mean, they play the game, they know how to play and play well... (it's not like I could be a top player with my stats... I suck on average) (on another note, it usually happens like this with top players anyway (most of them having near-full-premium loadout), so what would change? Probably instead of pay2win would become skill2win, because you can't just buy bonds (yet...))

I'm just suggesting, since I see various suggestions about the premium ammo, andit's just that I thought this might be interesting experiment; no need to attack me instantly...
(well tbh I so always support the factor of limiting shells - I always think there are no tradeoffs to this, and it would reduce stuff a little)

View PostHomer_J, on 23 January 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

I have to wonder how many bonds a 48% player who has only played 5k battles in nearly seven years has earned.

Well, tbh I started proper from around 2013 only (so around 5 years) with loads of on-off time (sometimes a few weeks off, sometimes a few months off) so not a lot - taking my time, I managed to reach Tier X a few days before 9.20.1 patch lol. I think it's about 200 now, haven't played Tier X much (like 20 battles only, didn't have the time to play more). And well 48% - I guess thanks MM, it was slightly better before the MM changes, but after that 9.19 patch (where the new MM was screwed, I think it was 9.19) my WR went at least 1% down... Still doesn't change the fact that I suck occasionally.

TurnedToDust #18 Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9405 battles
  • [JUICE] JUICE

Premium shells should be something situational, but the problem is that if you give people the option to load their tanks with those shells they will do just that no matter what currency you use.

The only "fair" options for a change would be to make a % cap on every tank or to remove it completely.

dimethylcadmium #19 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4864 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

Instead of making it "bonds only" which is completely idiotic and even worse than "prem ammo for gold", the only sensible thing to do is modify premium ammo, as it has been suggested countless times.

HEAT,HESH,APCR - all should have less alpha than their standard counterparts.

SU-100Y has the inverse approach and i respect that - standard AP has high pen and normal alpha, premium AP has less pen and higher alpha.

leggasiini #20 Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 10494 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

There is no reason to whine about gold ammo as long as there are so many overarmored tanks in the game.

Remove gold ammo - while the P2W factor decreases, the balance no doubt becomes even a bigger mess than it is now. Now HE spam becomes even stronger than it is now, and thus why play nothing but Jap HTs / 183s / arta... The game is more or less balanced around gold ammo as it is. It's stupid, but thats how it is.

Concept of "premium ammo" needs to go indeed but that requires reworking all these overarmored tanks we have, as well as the map design.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users