Jump to content


Your current views on Arty tanks?

Arty art spg spgs artys

  • Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

irfan54 #1 Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 62042 battles
  • 115
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013
It is impossible to play with heavy tanks, the tank is already dead when Arty makes 2 strokes. average 400-500 dmg damage aries, for 10-20 seconds, we can not use heavy tank anymore, I do not think it is possible to have 3 arties that are rarely found, but there are usually 3 arties in many battles, It is coming. in particular the Fiery Salient map is equivalent to using a heavy tank in this battle is death. In the first spot you turn into a throwing board, you can die without assigning damage. These maps are the most nervous of me, such as "Prokhorovka, Redshire, Steppes, Swamp, Westfield". In some games, it is annoying that the maximal damage of the articulated shots continues to be reduced to a single shot with only a few shots in the few armored tanks, which is a problem in itself, as the bullets that fall beside the tank do more damage, VIII tier can make the same damage in arty hit X tier arty hit a little bit better, so problems do not end up in this example light tank, we are sneaked into them, not a tank, not even a bullet can kill us, it is not annoying, If the crew is injured 2-3 times in the same time as the crew injured, as it takes 10-15 seconds for a long shot with a very long shot, the improvement and repair in each casting does not lead to the loss of money and credit guarantee. If you are using small improvements and repairs, do not get enough of it. If you re-renew yourself for a very long time and if you use it a little, you lose a lot of credit. If you are shocked, the tank will become a kind of vegetative life for enemy tanks. we can not get rid of the second shot if we get rid of the shock in the first shot like this. Shoot atolls are guaranteed to be between 10 and 15 seconds between 30 and 40 seconds. They are shocked by another stroke immediately after they have survived the shock. we are overwhelmed by the fact that if we are hitting the stone, we are damaging them, even if they are killing, they are feeding the enemy tanks with the shock they are doing. The arty tanks that see that the only remaining defeat is that they have to have their own bullets in order to complete the missions, to complete the missions, to get the medals or to take extra experience, some of which must be overhauled and some observations necessary,

thekirbyfake #2 Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1404 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-25-2017

If they have 3 arties, you have 3 arties.  Get your meds to spot theirs and get your arties to do anti-artillery.  Call out the general area they hit you from and let us do the rest.  The tracer gives them away.

 

Hide behind something.  Building.  Big rock.  If we can't see you, we can't hit you.



mvdt #3 Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40879 battles
  • 297
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View Postthekirbyfake, on 23 January 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

If they have 3 arties, you have 3 arties.  Get your meds to spot theirs and get your arties to do anti-artillery.  Call out the general area they hit you from and let us do the rest.  The tracer gives them away.

 

Hide behind something.  Building.  Big rock.  If we can't see you, we can't hit you.

 

Most of the times I ping the map and ask arty to kill theirs, especially Prokhorovka. 9/10 times they don't...



thekirbyfake #4 Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1404 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-25-2017

View Postmvdt, on 23 January 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

 

Most of the times I ping the map and ask arty to kill theirs, especially Prokhorovka. 9/10 times they don't...

 

Fair enough.  I'm relatively new to arty and a lot do seem to be in it just for themselves.  Arty is a support vehicle, or at least should be.

mvdt #5 Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:24 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40879 battles
  • 297
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View Postthekirbyfake, on 23 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

 

Fair enough.  I'm relatively new to arty and a lot do seem to be in it just for themselves.  Arty is a support vehicle, or at least should be.

 

Should be yes, I rarely see people use it as a support tank, what I tried to do in arty since the changes. Didn't like the class, sold it. Can't be bothered playing it anyways.

I don't hate artillery. I hate arty players who only care about doing damage, I hate arty players who keep focussing you as a low tier, I hate goldspamming arty players. It happens a lot that an arty could kill a 200 hp tier 10, but decides to shoot the tier 8, me, next to it, cause "the tier 8 really has a great impact on the game." Or atleast, that is what I expect them to think. With their peanut sized brains.

 

Just keep playing it as a support vehicle :great:



Darth_Clicker #6 Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 59094 battles
  • 3,414
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

We arty players like to earn credits and xp as much as tank players and td players do.  I will watch for enemy arty tracers during my reload time, but I am not going to make that my first priority.  Back to the credits/xp...I want to earn some.  I have suggested that WG give arty some sort of xp/credit multiplier as an incentive to play counter arty.   With the long reload times, I am not going to have more than maybe 15 shots or so max in a full battle if I am lucky and always have targets.  So, I have to use my time wisely if I want to make credits.  I am not going to reduce my shot count down to 8-10 because I am wasting time looking for arty, doing no damage and earning 0 credits when I can do damage with each shot and hopefully have friendly tanks that will shoot stunned enemy tanks.  It is a fact that some players will wait for the stun to expire before shooting because they don't want to share xp with arty.

 

As far as damage to heavy tanks go, have you shot a Type 5 Heavy with a BC 155 58 or 155 55, or Lorr 155 51 lately?  It is not uncommon to have a direct hit, not in the tracks, but direct on the hull and do less than 10 hp of damage....even do 0 damage.  Tofu tanks, and other over-armored heavy tanks and td's laugh at some arty shots.  If you are in a lower tier tank and arty is focusing on you, then it could be that you are an easy target, or it could be that your armor is thinner than the higher tiers and therefore easier for arty to get decent damage number and earn enough credits to maybe break even.

 

If you are in a battle with me, you will see that I almost always ask in chat- "arty location when he shoots please".  I say this at the beginning of my battles.  During the battle, I will ask "arty location?".



mvdt #7 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40879 battles
  • 297
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 23 January 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

We arty players like to earn credits and xp as much as tank players and td players do.  I will watch for enemy arty tracers during my reload time, but I am not going to make that my first priority.  Back to the credits/xp...I want to earn some.  I have suggested that WG give arty some sort of xp/credit multiplier as an incentive to play counter arty.   With the long reload times, I am not going to have more than maybe 15 shots or so max in a full battle if I am lucky and always have targets.  So, I have to use my time wisely if I want to make credits.  I am not going to reduce my shot count down to 8-10 because I am wasting time looking for arty, doing no damage and earning 0 credits when I can do damage with each shot and hopefully have friendly tanks that will shoot stunned enemy tanks.  It is a fact that some players will wait for the stun to expire before shooting because they don't want to share xp with arty.

 

As far as damage to heavy tanks go, have you shot a Type 5 Heavy with a BC 155 58 or 155 55, or Lorr 155 51 lately?  It is not uncommon to have a direct hit, not in the tracks, but direct on the hull and do less than 10 hp of damage....even do 0 damage.  Tofu tanks, and other over-armored heavy tanks and td's laugh at some arty shots.  If you are in a lower tier tank and arty is focusing on you, then it could be that you are an easy target, or it could be that your armor is thinner than the higher tiers and therefore easier for arty to get decent damage number and earn enough credits to maybe break even.

 

If you are in a battle with me, you will see that I almost always ask in chat- "arty location when he shoots please".  I say this at the beginning of my battles.  During the battle, I will ask "arty location?".

 

In my eyes you are a good arty player. I wouldn't mind having you on my team. As for shooting the ricecookers, totally agree, that sucks. Even with M53 I did like <100dmg. 

I would indeed suggest to change the arty xp/credit income. So it is more a support class, instead of do damage for money. 

As for the low tiered focussing, I just think it is a bit silly.  I have had games where I was behind a building, and arty still tried to shoot me, as bottom tiered. Do you get my frustrations about this? 

Like I said, I don't mind arty, I do mind some arty players.



HeidenSieker #8 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postthekirbyfake, on 23 January 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

If they have 3 arties, you have 3 arties.

 

Roughly 10% of battles, it seems (all maps).

HeidenSieker #9 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postthekirbyfake, on 23 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Fair enough.  I'm relatively new to arty and a lot do seem to be in it just for themselves.  Arty is a support vehicle, or at least should be.

 

Good for you. Play SPGs as they are supposed to be played, and help your team win. A win is worth having. Shelling isolated targets when your team can't take advantage is generally unproductive.

HeidenSieker #10 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View Postmvdt, on 23 January 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Most of the times I ping the map and ask arty to kill theirs, especially Prokhorovka. 9/10 times they don't...

 

It is indeed good to type into battle chat instead of only pinging the map.

mvdt #11 Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40879 battles
  • 297
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View PostHeidenSieker, on 23 January 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

 

It is indeed good to type into battle chat instead of only pinging the map.

 

That's what I do. Most of the times it gets ignored.

HeidenSieker #12 Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,653
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016
One can but try. When there's a result it's very nice!

Darth_Clicker #13 Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:46 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 59094 battles
  • 3,414
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

View Postmvdt, on 23 January 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

 

In my eyes you are a good arty player. I wouldn't mind having you on my team. As for shooting the ricecookers, totally agree, that sucks. Even with M53 I did like <100dmg. 

I would indeed suggest to change the arty xp/credit income. So it is more a support class, instead of do damage for money. 

As for the low tiered focussing, I just think it is a bit silly.  I have had games where I was behind a building, and arty still tried to shoot me, as bottom tiered. Do you get my frustrations about this? 

Like I said, I don't mind arty, I do mind some arty players.

 

I can think of a few reasons why an arty would focus on a low tier tank:

1.  Some players xvm focus, including arty players. They think that because of your wn8 rating that you are the most dangerous tank on the battlefield.  We both know that isn't always true.

2.  If the enemy arty is one which has terrible gun handling where every time the hull rotates to aim the aim circle blooms out so large the kid across the street cries because their Hello Kitty game has your bloom circle on it, and the arty also has a slow aim time once the player has a target and is aimed on that spot, they don't want to give up.  They don't want to have to endure the aim process again.  Some artys are very bad in this respect.  I have been trying to 3 mark the SU-122A Soviet tier 5.  With extra rations, BIA etc my gunner's skill level is 127% and it is definitely a gun that you don't want to have to re-aim. Due to bad spotting at tier 5, by the time I get re-aimed at another target, the spot is dropped and I have to do it all over again on a lit target.  You are forced to focus on tanks due to this unless you want to spend your battle waiting on the aim.

3.  They aren't playing as part of a team...they aren't team players.  This is, in my opinion, the biggest reason.  The players are simply playing the game which is ok.  But, their game is a micro game.  It is them against you and that is all that matters.  Sometimes arty players never shoot at a tank.  They are simply playing counter arty.  I probably piss them off because I shoot and move.  I see the dirt flying around me where their shots land.  They waste their time trying to take out me while their team is losing a flank not because of me.

 

But, I agree, there is usually not a good reason to focus on a single player regardless of tier or rating.  Yeah, if you have taken out 4 tanks in the first couple of minutes, you should have arty focused on you.  But otherwise try to use it to your teams advantage.  If Bob in the arty is shooting at you he isn't shooting at your team.  If Bob is the only arty, then your team is playing an arty free battle.  If your arty is in the battle, ask them for help.  Give them arty location if you know it.  Maybe they have a brain and will help.  That is all you can do.

 

I appreciate you discussing this in a mature way.  You are a rarity here in this forum.  Thanks.



mvdt #14 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40879 battles
  • 297
  • [-BOMB] -BOMB
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 24 January 2018 - 06:46 AM, said:

But, I agree, there is usually not a good reason to focus on a single player regardless of tier or rating.  Yeah, if you have taken out 4 tanks in the first couple of minutes, you should have arty focused on you.  But otherwise try to use it to your teams advantage.  If Bob in the arty is shooting at you he isn't shooting at your team.  If Bob is the only arty, then your team is playing an arty free battle.  If your arty is in the battle, ask them for help.  Give them arty location if you know it.  Maybe they have a brain and will help.  That is all you can do.

 

I appreciate you discussing this in a mature way.  You are a rarity here in this forum.  Thanks.

 

I think we are on the same line here.

Thanks for the discussion indeed. :great:

 

Good luck on the battlefield :honoring:



HansiVonHinten #15 Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45812 battles
  • 550
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013

Funny that so many hate arty. Blaming them for not supporting team or that they do to much damage etc.
 

 

 

I play arty on regular basis and it is not a braindead class, as a lot claim it is e.g. famous streamers/youtubers.

Even with 2 skilled crews, EGLD, Vents, shots are often off target, despite 100% aimed. On those new 30 player maps, shell is so long under way, that enemy often has moved far away before shell is landing, funny enough, when enemy has moved is dead, arty is 100% accurate on aiming point (hmmmmm wargaming!!!).

Arty is almost in every single game on their own, nobody cares for them, nobody helps arty when they are about to be attacked by enemy. But still the team expect arty to shoot three different targets at the same time, calling arty retarded when they miss the target.
When Arty does hit target, and it is e.g. jap tier 9-10 heavies it often makes <200 damage, and then arty has to wait for 30-40 secs for next shot that misses completely (yeah right 1600-1800 dpm per minute for tier X arty, it's more like 400 if you are in luck).
I know, sometimes you get lucky and hit a light tank or a medium doing +1.000 damage, but it is very rare.
Ohh, but arty is for support, you are doing stun to enemy, yeah and team can't/don't shoot on stunned enemy and as we need to count on scouts, we always get low xp.
A funny thing is, arty has no armor and no HP, but still the repair costs are sky high, the same with shells. I bet arty is the least profitable class to play.
 


 

Go support arty and arty will support team.
 

@Wargaming, stop putting arty on citymaps and on small maps like Ensk.
 


 



Bludsuager #16 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12655 battles
  • 306
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 24 January 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

 

@Wargaming, stop putting arty on citymaps and on small maps like Ensk.
 

 

@Wargaming, stop putting slow/heavy tanks on open maps



HansiVonHinten #17 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45812 battles
  • 550
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013

View PostBludsuager, on 24 January 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

@Wargaming, stop putting slow/heavy tanks on open maps

 

Oh, you mean Type 5 heavy that can bounce arty shells like a boss or take 100 damage per minute from arty?

Bludsuager #18 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12655 battles
  • 306
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 24 January 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

 

Oh, you mean Type 5 heavy that can bounce arty shells like a boss or take 100 damage per minute from arty?

 

No, just slow large tanks in general really. I don't see why arty should have the advantage of having the option to remove a map type if other classes aren't able to as well

Darth_Clicker #19 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:33 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 59094 battles
  • 3,414
  • [4RCE] 4RCE
  • Member since:
    04-30-2013

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 24 January 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

 

A funny thing is, arty has no armor and no HP, but still the repair costs are sky high, the same with shells. I bet arty is the least profitable class to play.

 

 

 

http://www.vbaddict....editsn&server=  will show you that arty is one of the most profitable classes at the moment, over the last 30 days of course.  And this is also among non-premium vehicles.  It actually looks to me that that arty is the most profitable if you include all tiers.



Bludsuager #20 Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12655 battles
  • 306
  • [-ITU-] -ITU-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 24 January 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

 

http://www.vbaddict....editsn&server=  will show you that arty is one of the most profitable classes at the moment, over the last 30 days of course.  And this is also among non-premium vehicles.  It actually looks to me that that arty is the most profitable if you include all tiers.

 

Never thought i'd agree with you but yea, if played to support properly you can get some crazy credits with the stun assistance damage. That is assuming ofcourse your team actually are in a) position to damage the stunned tank (Gasp! Your team isn't going to shoot the tank 500m away unless it's the only tank visible) b) they pay attention and take advantage of the opportunity you give them. Arty should be played for the team as if your team melts, chances are with your long reload, bad accuracy etc your not gonna survive for much longer.





Also tagged with Arty, art, spg, spgs, artys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users