• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

tagl1a #1 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

Turkish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 601 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

Hello Everyone, 

Currently, some players are having issues with the in-game chat. We are aware of the issue and our devs team is working to solve the issue as soon as possible. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated on the developments. 

Thank you for your understanding.

shiziks #2 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27606 battles
  • [LZK] LZK
You should hire new dev team.

Homer_J #3 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Currently?  You mean ever since they first started last year?

Kandly #4 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 695 battles

I'm pinning this topic instead of the old one. Sorry about this, guys - but don't worry, we'll keep you posted!

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 30274 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttagl1a, on 24 January 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Hello Everyone, 

Currently, some players are having issues with the in-game chat. We are aware of the issue and our devs team is working to solve the issue as soon as possible. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience and will keep you updated on the developments. 

We're sorry your compensation of the T4NKYOU code was before you fixed the problem and was derisory!

tagl1a #6 Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Turkish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 601 battles
  • [YOQ] YOQ

Update

On 25/01 at 07:00 CET chat server will be restarted, due to this, chat might be unavailable for about 40 minutes. 

Angel_Arrow #7 Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20198 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI
OMG ... this is unbelievable! The other thread counted already 52 pages and therefore Kandly thinks it was not easy to follow anymore. WTF! Everybody could follow just fine. Only the Wargaming employees couldn't follow anymore!
Same crap, different thread. Do you think that we players will forget about this problem or about everything that was already said and promised in the other thread, just by closing and unpinning it? Do you really think that the problem will disappear the further that old thread disappears?
I'm getting sick of the uncompetence of Wargaming in its whole! And I don't think I'm alone.
Today again I was not able to add people to my contact list! Every time I get an error message.

Aikl #8 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 24 January 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

(...)

Who knows, maybe restarting the chat server works this time around? :P

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 24 January 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

We're sorry your compensation of the T4NKYOU code was before you fixed the problem and was derisory!

The only thing the community staff are responsible for, is being sorry. :D

Edited by Aikl, 24 January 2018 - 10:41 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #9 Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 30274 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttagl1a, on 24 January 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Update

On 25/01 at 07:00 CET chat server will be restarted, due to this, chat might be unavailable for about 40 minutes. 

T4NKYOU for your new compensation!

8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 61966 battles

A teammate sent me a message to say that I played well, but I could not thank him for his kind words, I only got "error" as I tried.

That made me feel sad and guilty. 

Perhaps a compensation could heal these emotional scars. 

Laur_Balaur_XD #11 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35393 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

Let's see how WG managed this chat issues thingy over more than a half year:

1. first time WG refuse to admit that there are any chat issues at all

2. they finally admit and they say that are working to fix them

3. when people ask for compensation, like the NA got - WG just keep silence for another few months

4. WG staff finally decide that a compensation would be given, but after the problem is fixed

5. they give a crappy code (T4NKYOU) that most likely it was scheduled to be given as a winter holidays bonus, but they say it is for chat issues....

6. people complain that the chat issues are in fact NOT FIXED

7. another month passes in complete silence from WG staff , i guess they were in their 'hard earned' 1 month vacation....

8. WG admits again that the chat issues are still in game and nothing was fixed

9. they decide to bury the 50+ pages thread, i guess it looks bad to have so many complains..

10. WG decides to try a most unusual and extreme solution: RESTARTING THE CHAT SERVER!!!!   (i think the developers missed all joked about the IT department advising a restart....)

Congratulations WG Paris office, you managed to put up a great crap-show !

Afdass #12 Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12886 battles
It still blows my mind how "our compensation" was the code "T4NKYOU" (which I though it was something related to a special end of the year thing for us, players, playing the game during this year and beeing loyal to the company) and that gave us a whopping amount of such useful and special rewards, for all the player's issues that lasted for quite a long time, like 1 day of premium and 15 comsumables or whatsoever. Well, they really said it would be a proper and good compensation for all our issues. ("Good" :laughing:)

Aikl #13 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Some WoT NA player posted this on Reddit:

Seems awfully familar, doesn't it? It really is something that WGEU/WGNA are so beyond borked that they can't manage to find fixes for what many deem an important part of the game - after almost a year.

It is at the very least a good representation of exactly how much Wargaming (EU/NA) is capable of doing on their own if things become worse. At this point Wargaming's biggest problem is not necessarily that they have to restart the chat servers to prevent them from kicking the bucket - it's fixing the internal problems that causes a minor bug to become a permanent feature of the game. Else, I reckon, there'll be hell to pay when (not 'if;) some other EU-specific problem is introduced.

While the community staff might functionally be like retail clerks, and not responsible for programming or software, it might be in their best interest to kick things into gear by now. 

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 25 January 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

(...)

I can recommend taking the discussion to the subsection that contains most of the activity on this board, it happens to have a 26-page thread already:

http://forum.worldof...f/page__st__400

Remains one of the top searches via Google; honestly a bit surprised that it remains open. You can enjoy the story in more details through said thread, including alternate means of summoning a staff member - whose short-lived career as a makeshift technical employee illustrates well why the staff prefers to ignore this issue as much as possible.

(The alternate solution would be that they simply don't know - which is much worse. Gotta assume by now that they actually don't know, of course. )

As for some circumstantial evidence of 'not knowing', beyond the 27-page thread posted above:

I'm a nice guy, and I think LRS is too, so I'm gonna repost his free, but valuable, advice too:

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 22 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Yes, this isn't a blame game, and I'm not "blaming" dies_ari who has at least tried to communicate. He posted his comment above while I was typing mine so I didn't get the chance to read it before posting. But it does illustrate exactly the things I'm focusing upon.

• Wargaming clearly don't have an "out of hours" structure for community engagement or managing something that goes wrong.
  • With modern technology giving remote access, a company should have structure that allows people with delegated decision powers who are "on call" to establish what's gone wrong, what they need to do to fix it, and what they need to communicate. 

I'm sorry dies_ari but you are an IT company, and someone, somewhere in your company knows exactly what the issue is and a rough estimation of how long to fix.

It's a Catch 22 for Wargaming in this regard.

If you don't have someone who knows the above then the individual in charge of this aspect of the business is incompetent.

If you do have someone who knows the answer to the above and they can't be accessed out of hours then the person who set this structure up is incompetent.

If your community team cannot access a corporate line that gives confidence to people playing the game that you are fixing it then that's incompetent.

Do you notice the common factor?

Whilst your efforts are appreciated, you don't go public and say "I have zero clue about IT" when you're fronting up an IT company.

This is my day off as well, and normally consultants charge four figures a day for this feedback. Even accounting for the usual approach which is to come into your company, borrow your watch and tell you the time.

My free advice is,

• Find the actual person responsible for this saga.
  • Find out what went wrong.
  • Find out what they're doing about it.
  • Find out how long it will take.
  • Work out a communication that you can publish using what you've found out as a basis for that comms. Accepting you may have commercially sensitive information and may not want to promise something you can't deliver. If this is the case, then tell the community when they'll get a further update.
  • Publish that on all your websites and fora.

It really is not effing difficult.

Edited by Aikl, 25 January 2018 - 11:46 AM.

Three_Rounds_Rapid #14 Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33909 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

WG "Chat issues, what chat issues......."

Aikl #15 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostKandly, on 24 January 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

I'm pinning this topic instead of the old one. Sorry about this, guys - but don't worry, we'll keep you posted!

View Posttagl1a, on 24 January 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Update

I've got a feeling things aren't entirely up to speed yet. Well, more than a feeling, actually:

While not a huge deal by any means, it sure suggests that you haven't found the missing semicolon yet.

Edit: Heh, the lack of response and last battle played stat suggests that he's not actually playing, so it's just the friends list lagging. As per usual, three-four hours after restarting the chat server. It's very obvious that these feeble attempts are not fixing jack crap.

Edited by Aikl, 25 January 2018 - 12:21 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #16 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35393 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

WG Paris when they hear about chat issues and players asking for a proper compensation:

Edited by Iulian_ro, 25 January 2018 - 12:23 PM.

TankkiPoju #17 Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20014 battles

View Posttagl1a, on 24 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Are we supposed to understand WG is a small indie gaming company that barely makes enough money to keep the game running?

Are we supposed to understand WG cannot not hire enough developers for some reason?

Are we supposed to understand working contacts list and chat are features that MMO game with +150k players just can live without?

I mean, please do feel free explain what is it we are supposed to understand here? Because I don't see it.

WoT is supposedly the 8th most money making online game this January. With that in mind.... what are we supposed to understand when basic online functionality isn't working and is bugging out often?

ZlatanArKung #18 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Posttagl1a, on 24 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hello Everyone, 

You have had chat issues for 4 months....

Still not fixed.

Angel_Arrow #19 Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20198 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostZlatanArKung, on 25 January 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

You have had chat issues for 4 months....

Still not fixed.

4 months??? It's already more than 6 months my friend. The chat and contact list problems were already in the game from before update 9.20. ;)

Probably some incompetent developers and community coordinators who have their hands in the hair. :P

ritam_nereda #20 Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19036 battles
  • [HERC] HERC
I have a feeling that after 1.0 patch things will be much worse...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users