1.0 and mods

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: MODS (529 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should mods be allowed anymore in World of Tanks?

1. Yes (367 votes [69.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.38%

2. No (162 votes [30.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.62%

How should XVM be treated in the future?

1. Banned (149 votes [28.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.17%

2. Accepted (231 votes [43.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.67%

3. Accepted with the option to disable it for everyone(nor you nor other players see your WN8) (149 votes [28.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.17%

Vote Hide poll

Mahamudra #1 Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22567 battles
  • [LT-18] LT-18

So 1.0 is comming. Game is finaly entering the stage where the developers themselves say that it finaly reached the stage of developement where WoT can be called a full blown finished game. To me it seems like it is about time to do something about any person on the internet being able to mod the game in any way they want. XVM aside modding brings out the greatest problems in this game. Botting and cheat mods. I dont use any kind of mods but the people i play with always complain about 200WN8 bots camping redline or playing like... well... bots. Others complain about how now more than ever in many games they recieve more modular damage than ever before. And so on and so on. And even though actions were taken to ban cheaters more strictly and swiftly multiple times we, the player base see no progress. In fact the situation is getting worse and worse. I propose to to ban modding completely to promote fair gameplay and abolish cheating once and for all. As for XVM i suggest to either ban it along with every other mod out there or accept it as official rating system in WoT but add an option ingame to disable it so nobody sees your WN8.

This may sound drastic but i realy feel this is the only way to move forward with this game. And i think the players deserve to play a cheat free game given the past of WoT and that version 1.0 is comming. It's just the right thing to do.

Edited by Mahamudra, 25 January 2018 - 06:02 AM.

Sfinski #2 Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31689 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
But how would you stop the use of them? 

Hedgehog1963 #3 Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51265 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
You can't mod the game any way you want.

MrClark56 #4 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 6080 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

it is sad that when the game finally goes out of beta stage and enters 1.0 most of its long time players and supporters will have left the game.

When i read up on old threads specially in the vehicle section, you do not see these guys anymmore for most of them.. 

Darky1029 #5 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 13220 battles

I dont see how xvm is ruining your day, since i doubt anyone is focusing you. For me xvm means more customization, being able to draw on the map helps alot with tactics in competitive gameplay, not having to look for your binos and camonets trough your garage. In the past few years WoT has finally stolen implemented some of the xvm features like the advanced minimap, and my screen is covered 25% by the minimap, so im happy to see that.

As for stats - Boo fuc king hoo, almost every MP game i know has some sort of stat system, we've had this discussion so many times on the forum, i've lost count. For me those stats let me read the battle better, and every little bit helps.

There are some banned mods, and i agree with them being banned - like the neutral object destruction minimap thingy, that should be banned, but apart from a few game breaking mods, removing all of them just because you need something to blame for losing your games is insane.

The nuisance of badly implemented things are fixed by mods for me, if these mods wouldn't exist, i bet quite a few people wouldnt bother playing.

Edited by Darky1029, 25 January 2018 - 07:21 AM.

divsmo #6 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32583 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Have been vanilla for a good while now and the only mods i really miss are the duke nukem and unreal tournament sound mods just for the lols. Have put ban for xvm but i think an option to only be able to see your own teams stats would be better so if you do use it you at least know who on your team might be reliable. As for stats of the enemy team i'd say no just to stop arty focus etc.Just wish they would fix the MM first as it seems to be most people biggest issue with the game atm.

test_2018 #7 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4055 battles
no mods = equal to all

Archaean #8 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15167 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

I voted that xvm should be allowed ( I for example don't use any mods, including xvm). You should add another question, pertaining the issue of how to solve humanities stupidity. If you have a solution for that, then there hardly will be any xvm issues.

A question to you OP: Assume you have a nuke and you fire that nuke at location XYZ. Who's now the "bad factor", you or the nuke? I wouldn't be surprised if you were to say the nuke is "bad". 

Don't forget though, inanimate object can't be good or bad.

View Posttest_2018, on 25 January 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

no mods = equal to all

[edited]. stop it, it smells.

Edited by Archaean, 25 January 2018 - 07:43 AM.

Exozen #9 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31008 battles

Ban all mods ?, no, 95% of them are not gamebreaking and does only improve the game experience for the player that has it installed.

XVM can by all means [edited]of tho so tired of stats in-game.

TheOneAboveAII #10 Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14295 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
The vanilla is still not good enough and not enough options...and xvm is not just the stats...i'm only using 2 modpacks...qb and circon...qb for the garage stuff...crews and equipment...circon for the pen numbers and server reticle...nothing else...if they add those options in vanilla...then fine by me...no more mods for me...but until then...if they will work i'll be using them.

thestaggy #11 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

If I can't use Zorgane's (aka Gnomefather's HR sound) gun sound mod then I will be done when 1.0 hits.

I simply cannot play the game with vanilla sounds.

test_2018 #12 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4055 battles
edit

Edited by Jahrakajin, 25 January 2018 - 01:06 PM.
Please follow the Forum Etiquette

leggasiini #13 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14120 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Mods, especially solely cosmetic ones, are perfectly fine, but XVM can [edited]  off, IMO

TheOneAboveAII #14 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14295 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postthestaggy, on 25 January 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

If I can't use Zorgane's (aka Gnomefather's HR sound) gun sound mod then I will be done when 1.0 hits.

I simply cannot play the game with vanilla sounds.

Holy shiet...those sounds...i must install this now.

KLguns #15 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Have you OP guy been XVM focused??? I doubt...

But I am focused every day and still dont care, I only laugh at it cause its only a sign of jealousy :P But I on the other had use it to farm easy damage on guys like you...:trollface:

The game is fine as it is, its only useless players that are the problem, you know, sub 50% winrate, 0 damage done in a game, sub 1 average killrate, and so on...

Edited by KLguns, 25 January 2018 - 08:49 AM.

EltvilleTiger #16 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21190 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

You fail to explain "mods" and without a clear definition, your results are invalid really.  

Mods are a part of the game's initial platform and they continue to be.  Removing mods will affect a large part of the game's player base so I seriously doubt reasonable mods will go away.  I use mods for my garage and for sounds so please tell me how banning those will be better?  XVM is just stats for the game much like in sports or anything else where people want to judge how things are going from a statistical point of view.  I use XVM to see how I'm doing as well as to see who's who on both teams.  I've seen unicums die in battle and I've seen tomoates win battles for the team so take XVM with a grain of salt.  If someone uses XVM as their sole means of determining a game's outcome chances and then proceeds to dorwn themselves, so be it.  They find another reason to kill themselves and complain even without XVM.... "if too many people camp, I'm killing myself".   Yup, I heard that one two days ago... no mods or XVM involved.  So please put down those dreams of "cleaning up the game from all of the toxicity" from the movement to ban XVM and "mods".  

Archaean #17 Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15167 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostKLguns, on 25 January 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Have you OP guy been XVM focused??? I doubt...

But I am focused every day and still dont care, I only laugh at it cause its only a sign of jealousy :P But I on the other had use it to farm easy damage on guys like you...:trollface:

The game is fine as it is, its only useless players that are the problem, you know, sub 50% winrate, 0 damage done in a game, sub 1 average killrate, and so on...

You know, there is a true issue with XVM. It's not XVM itself though. Not accepting that xvm leads players to do certain things isn't really smart.

Lord_Edge #18 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5987 battles
No point banning all mods, but XVM needs to go, it's a total cancer to the game.

Edited by Lord_Edge, 25 January 2018 - 09:15 AM.

arthurwellsley #19 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51719 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

When I play ESL I play vanilla due to the ESL wire program which stops you playing if you have any addons.

When playing outside ESL I use mods. I like; auto crew return (between their own tank, and a prem trainer), in game clock, auto equip in garage (bino's camo net etc), in garage one that shows how much exp is needed for the next 1% of perk to tick over on a crew perk, multi-tier in garage (more than the two layers offered in vanilla), session stats in garage, are just a few I look at while playing, and as you can see most are in garage additions that make everything easier and more comfortable.

KLguns #20 Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEltvilleTiger, on 25 January 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

You fail to explain "mods" and without a clear definition, your results are invalid really.  

Mods are a part of the game's initial platform and they continue to be.  Removing mods will affect a large part of the game's player base so I seriously doubt reasonable mods will go away.  I use mods for my garage and for sounds so please tell me how banning those will be better?  XVM is just stats for the game much like in sports or anything else where people want to judge how things are going from a statistical point of view.  I use XVM to see how I'm doing as well as to see who's who on both teams.  I've seen unicums die in battle and I've seen tomoates win battles for the team so take XVM with a grain of salt.  If someone uses XVM as their sole means of determining a game's outcome chances and then proceeds to dorwn themselves, so be it.  They find another reason to kill themselves and complain even without XVM.... "if too many people camp, I'm killing myself".   Yup, I heard that one two days ago... no mods or XVM involved.  So please put down those dreams of "cleaning up the game from all of the toxicity" from the movement to ban XVM and "mods".  

Shhhh, dont try to reason with these guys, or explain the facts for them...its too wide subject for them to comprehend.

Edited by KLguns, 25 January 2018 - 09:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users