34 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34774 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

http://wotreplays.eu...stic-charioteer

easy enough

tier 10 platoon instantly start team killing start of game, replay sent in but we know WG wont do anything so hopefully putting it here might shame WG into doing something, 1 month ban each would be nice

Balc0ra #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62739 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It's not the reports that don't work here. As you know WG will say "we have a system for TK's". It how TK's works for platoons that needs to be taken more "seriously" and reworked. Nothing more.

BP_OMowe #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24691 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
The whole TK-system needs to be redone as it has too many false positives and fails to catch way too much.

Hotwired #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28741 battles

View PostBP_OMowe, on 26 January 2018 - 12:34 AM, said:

The whole TK-system needs to be redone as it has too many false positives and fails to catch way too much.

Based on what?

There's a leeway of a few hits so people don't get banned by accident. A lying pleb saying they hit someone once and got banned is not being honest.

UserZer00 #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles
I can't watch the replay at the moment, but if they were in a clan I find that the following can give them at least a bit af grief:
- Send a private message to their clan leader(s) with a link to the replay
- If their clan has a website/forum, post a link to the replay on their forum

While it won't get them banned from the game it might give them some grief with their clan.

Toni112007 #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9732 battles
Ye I had guy who teamkilled with his FV 183. He did nearly 5k damage before being kicked out of game. Its annoying as ****.

Hotwired #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28741 battles

View PostToni112007, on 26 January 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

Ye I had guy who teamkilled with his FV 183. He did nearly 5k damage before being kicked out of game. Its annoying as ****.

The rule is 3 hits on allied tanks not how much damage you do.

Penalising high damage tanks more than low damage tanks doesn't help.

If someone wants to team sabotage they are going to do it however they can, knocking allies, damage, blocking, tracking or other harassment.

Homer_J #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 26985 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why reports can't be taken seriously: Any idiot can report anyone for any imaginary transgression.

But any better system would cost too much to run.

250swb #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20732 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The guy in the Super Conqueror continued on and eventually went blue, so maybe he did get more than an hours ban, and maybe his platoon mate went on to consider what a douche he'd been? 

Agent_327 #10 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16235 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

What would you like to have happen and how do you suggest that it should happen. Thinking that there are millions of battles every day.

I don't think that you realistically can do anything to first time offenders during battle.

IMO is the Team damage system okay. It could definitely be improved and it would be nice if you got some feedback when you report somebody with the right menu (like  "unsportsmanlike conduct" ) But it kinda works and there are many threads on forum where players are complaining that they have been banned unintentionally. Which I would think indicate that it is appropriately harsh to team killers. 

But for the most part is it working and ppl are blue for quite a long period. I had a clan mate that became blue after accidentally killing a team mate by landing on top of him and he were blue the rest of the evening.

Edited by Agent_327, 26 January 2018 - 12:15 PM.

cRuZ0r #11 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24467 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
Because i blacklist every arty that shoots me so i can give them 3 reports every time i see them in battle?

Jumping_Turtle #12 Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 58546 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostcRuZ0r, on 26 January 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Because i blacklist every arty that shoots me so i can give them 3 reports every time i see them in battle?

So you are basicly the reason we have such a shitty system.

_Supa #13 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36896 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

I am realy sorry and i want to apologize in the name of hoot.

We will kick him from the clan.

_Anarchistic_ #14 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34774 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

View PostSupa_is_BeAsT, on 26 January 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

I am realy sorry and i want to apologize in the name of hoot.

We will kick him from the clan.

still a member I see

got the usual reply from WG, word for word identical to a previous ticket, no surprise there and I guess no surprise the clan does nothing either

bitslice #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21680 battles

I found the window licker who shot me during a game, on this forum, apparently advanced tactics like not blundering straight towards the enemy were beyond him.

Helpfully google has an English to Russian translator.

Hi there bad_block

Edited by bitslice, 28 January 2018 - 02:19 AM.

Derethim #16 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16377 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 26 January 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

I can't watch the replay at the moment, but if they were in a clan I find that the following can give them at least a bit af grief:
- Send a private message to their clan leader(s) with a link to the replay
- If their clan has a website/forum, post a link to the replay on their forum

While it won't get them banned from the game it might give them some grief with their clan.

I kinda' agree with this. It's too much effort, but it works and I have done so once.

Wintermute_1 #17 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41437 battles

The reason reports don't work is because:

A) the system is abused by players ie. Misreporting

B) WG don't have the personnel to operate anything but an automated system.

This is what I'd do. Using game data, identify a group of players who; played regularly, received very few reports, reported an average number of players themselves, kept the chat option switched off. Then without informing those players I'd assign them a special status where their reports of other players resulted in a more severe punishment - like a days ban, applicable within some extended future period to avoid their identification.

An offending player would just attempt to long in and get a message like: You are serving a days ban because on 20th Jan you were reported for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Then I'd have a small WG team periodically review the reports of the ''super reporters". If they found unfair reports they would remove that players super reporter status.

This would allow:

1. A relatively small paid group of WG staff to manage the report process more effectively.

2. Give every player who used the report function correctly the feeling that they may well be dealing out effective punishments.

3. Improve gameplay because there's a chance that breaking the rules would be met with a substantial punishment.

4. Encourage the correct use of the report system.

Derethim #18 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16377 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 28 January 2018 - 04:30 AM, said:

The reason reports don't work is because:

A) the system is abused by players ie. Misreporting

B) WG don't have the personnel to operate anything but an automated system.

This is what I'd do. Using game data, identify a group of players who; played regularly, received very few reports, reported an average number of players themselves, kept the chat option switched off. Then without informing those players I'd assign them a special status where their reports of other players resulted in a more severe punishment - like a days ban, applicable within some extended future period to avoid their identification.

An offending player would just attempt to long in and get a message like: You are serving a days ban because on 20th Jan you were reported for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Then I'd have a small WG team periodically review the reports of the ''super reporters". If they found unfair reports they would remove that players super reporter status.

This would allow:

1. A relatively small paid group of WG staff to manage the report process more effectively.

2. Give every player who used the report function correctly the feeling that they may well be dealing out effective punishments.

3. Improve gameplay because there's a chance that breaking the rules would be met with a substantial punishment.

4. Encourage the correct use of the report system.

Missreports should be banned for a month, but how do you prove someone missreported a player?

That's the problem that you have to solve, in order to improve the system.

Wintermute_1 #19 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41437 battles

View PostDerethim, on 28 January 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Missreports should be banned for a month, but how do you prove someone missreported a player?

That's the problem that you have to solve, in order to improve the system.

​Keep the game data for every super reporter for 1 week. Periodically the WG team could compare super reporter 'reports' for the past week against the reviewed game and establish if the report was in line with the rules, if not drop that players super reporter status.

A small WG team can't do this for the whole player base but they could do it for say 1000 super reporters and by maintaining the quality of that group the overall behaviour of the player base in totality would begin to improve through the dishing out of more severe sanctions for rule violations.

Derethim #20 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16377 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 28 January 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

​Keep the game data for every super reporter for 1 week. Periodically the WG team could compare super reporter 'reports' for the past week against the reviewed game and establish if the report was in line with the rules, if not drop that players super reporter status.

A small WG team can't do this for the whole player base but they could do it for say 1000 super reporters and by maintaining the quality of that group the overall behaviour of the player base in totality would begin to improve through the dishing out of more severe sanctions for rule violations.

You gave me another idea.

How about only a small trusted % of the playerbase could report other players?

Put 1-2 of them in each battle on both teams and the reports sent by them are more manageable by a small WG team :)

People'd have to earn a "trusted" mark or something and would be rewarded for correct reports.

Edited by Derethim, 28 January 2018 - 02:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users