Spotlight: Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Akathis #41 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78168 battles

View PostRemarius, on 26 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Looks at his Type 64's 62.61% and Radley Walters. Yeah its terrible no one should buy it.

*facepalm*

Back when it had scout MM, maps were not corridors, type64 pemium ammo was useful, and when MM was not tier 8 full time.

:facepalm:

Luukd3 #42 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32043 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT

View PostRemarius, on 26 January 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

Discounts on 5-7's.... unimpressive for something advertised for the entire month in the look forward. Oh well I was was holding off doing the T-54 Lwt and T-100 LT grind as already have up to the LTTB done so guess no rush there.

I don't complain about the extra we get this weekend  but indeed it's very unimpressive. Have almost all LT's except 3T10's with at least 3 Crew skills. So won't see much difference at the end of the weekend except a few consumables. 

Why advertising this as a special 4 weeks upfront ....? This could have been and weekend for all tank types ... Nothing light about it except it s only light tanks

GL & hf & Cu on the battlefield

shane73tank #43 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29904 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

I think it's a bit underwhelming as a special, X2 crew XP per battle for LT's and no special LT's for sale. 

Even a tank XP boost to help with the grind would have been something nice but perhaps they were afraid that anything too good would flood the MM.

I'll be playing my BC-12-T at the weekend as usual, this event wont impact the amount of game time I spend in my LT's so it's a "Non event"

_b_ #44 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55612 battles
Only 61k left to grind on wz-132a, then all lights are done ....so would've appreciated a multiplier for each game instead of a single tripple ... but ... it's for free so can't really cry that hard about ... stopped caring overly much about WG and their utter daft moves in regards to specials / balancing / maps / premiums :facepalm:

8126Jakobsson #45 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 70128 battles

View PostAkathis, on 26 January 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Back when it had scout MM, maps were not corridors, type64 pemium ammo was useful, and when MM was not tier 8 full time.

:facepalm:

It was better when not only always bottom tier but even -3, and not borderline op as of now? I don't get it. 

SlyMeerkat #46 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16925 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Nice

dan_dix #47 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15577 battles
I don't mind this event at all - except it comes a bit too early, I'm looking to get the 59-16 and start on the chinese lights but still have to grind through the Type T-34.... Can you keep this going on just a weee bit longer please :-)

Kandly #48 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Player

• Player
  • 726 battles

View PostTacticusMK2, on 26 January 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

Have been looking forward to this special and even secretly hoped for some nice rare premium LT. But this turned out to be one of the largest disappointments in WoT event history.

Come on, that statement seems quite overblown. :P

Guys, please keep in mind that we don't only set up specials and spotlights for those who already have most of the in-game vehicles & only need some rare ones. Just because you have the Type 64, that doesn't mean everyone else has it. In addition to that, we still have a lot of specials and discounts coming up, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to secure certain tanks you're interested in. It's not like it's the last spotlight of the year - in fact it's still January and it's been less than a month since the Holiday Ops, during which we were basically showered with cool stuff. Basically, constantly offering rare tanks on discount would make them common, which by definition isn't something we want.

As for differences between this and some specials from last year, it's normal for such things to differ. They can't all be the same and always provide the exact same content, because then they wouldn't be that special anymore, naturally. In my opinion, this is a nice extra and I know I'll enjoy it. If everything was mindblowing, then nothing would be mindblowing, so I'm perfectly comfortable with the current pace, as I see others in this topic are as well.

Kandly #49 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Player

• Player
  • 726 battles

View Post123random, on 26 January 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

So ist the 50%-discount on premium vehicels tiers II-V never going to be available again?

This discount hasn't been available for the whole of 2017 and the discount from the last light tanks special was also cut (you can see it here: https://worldoftanks...ght-focus-2016/)

I wouldn't say it won't happen again just because we haven't seen it lately. I'll let the team know that this is something you want to see again. :)

__Savage___ #50 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30060 battles

Last specials since half December were cool. This one is a little bit mwa.

Geno1isme #51 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 44692 battles
  • [TROET] TROET

View PostKandly, on 26 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

It's not like it's the last spotlight of the year - in fact it's still January and it's been less than a month since the Holiday Ops, during which we were basically showered with cool stuff. Basically, constantly offering rare tanks on discount would make them common, which by definition isn't something we want.

Speaking of January and Specials - what's up with the Top-of-the-Tree for February?

StinkyStonky #52 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30375 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostKandly, on 26 January 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

I wouldn't say it won't happen again just because we haven't seen it lately. I'll let the team know that this is something you want to see again. :)

+1

I've been waiting so long my gold has gone rusty !! ;)

dasdon #53 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 54253 battles
  • [NESAD] NESAD

View PostKandly, on 26 January 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

Guys, please keep in mind that we don't only set up specials and spotlights for those who already have most of the in-game vehicles & only need some rare ones. Just because you have the Type 64, that doesn't mean everyone else has it. In addition to that, we still have a lot of specials and discounts coming up, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to secure certain tanks you're interested in. It's not like it's the last spotlight of the year - in fact it's still January and it's been less than a month since the Holiday Ops, during which we were basically showered with cool stuff. Basically, constantly offering rare tanks on discount would make them common, which by definition isn't something we want.

As for differences between this and some specials from last year, it's normal for such things to differ. They can't all be the same and always provide the exact same content, because then they wouldn't be that special anymore, naturally. In my opinion, this is a nice extra and I know I'll enjoy it. If everything was mindblowing, then nothing would be mindblowing, so I'm perfectly comfortable with the current pace, as I see others in this topic are as well.

​your having a laugh writing that surely?
flavour txt
  • Win five battles
  • Place in the top ten of your team by base XP earned
    ​for the astounding sum of 3 large repair kits. for 5 wins and 5 top tens. don't bloody well say anyone is overblown with kak specials like this.
    ​as for the discounted tanks that's a big whoopee, t5 to 7 and to think thgis even has been hyped for a month lol.

Kandly #54 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:54 PM

Player

• Player
  • 726 battles

View Postdasdon, on 26 January 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

​your having a laugh writing that surely?
flavour txt
  • Win five battles
  • Place in the top ten of your team by base XP earned
    ​for the astounding sum of 3 large repair kits. for 5 wins and 5 top tens. don't bloody well say anyone is overblown with kak specials like this.
    ​as for the discounted tanks that's a big whoopee, t5 to 7 and to think thgis even has been hyped for a month lol.

Yes, that's one of the missions (the one that isn't limited to any vehicle type). Besides that, we also have a mission for crew XP on light tanks only, so it's a good opportunity for leveling up your crew, in addition to decent discounts on regular tanks, a discount for a great premium tank, and a gold discount on 180 days of premium. Useful stuff for something that lasts 3 days, I'd say.

The spotlight has not been "hyped" for a month, it was normally announced as part of the monthly sneak peeks we publish in order to give you visibility on what's coming and to help you plan ahead, so ALL specials appear there. Are you against such practices? :P

_b_ #55 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55612 battles
@kandly ...any idea if there is some slight tweaking going on with the Even 90? Aiming and dispersion? Severely addicted to premiums but the current one reviewd by assorted CCs doesnt seem very fun to play :(

Holdes #56 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20567 battles
No light tank in the premium shop on the light tank spotlight? That's outrageous.

And how is the work on the February ToT vote going? :D

dasdon #57 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 54253 battles
  • [NESAD] NESAD

View PostKandly, on 26 January 2018 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yes, that's one of the missions (the one that isn't limited to any vehicle type). Besides that, we also have a mission for crew XP on light tanks only, so it's a good opportunity for leveling up your crew, in addition to decent discounts on regular tanks, a discount for a great premium tank, and a gold discount on 180 days of premium. Useful stuff for something that lasts 3 days, I'd say.

The spotlight has not been "hyped" for a month, it was normally announced as part of the monthly sneak peeks we publish in order to give you visibility on what's coming and to help you plan ahead, so ALL specials appear there. Are you against such practices? :P

​oh yeah it was announced a month ago, I was sooooo hyped I booked a weekend off work to win 15 battles to get some lrk, as for the 2x xp on lights that's another big whoopido, simple fact of the matter is with the mm at present your going to see 4 or 5 light tanks in every game where the maps at best can handle 2 or maybe 3 lights . if u think that's going to be fun for anybody u need your head examined.

djciolos5 #58 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1768 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO

Dear Kandly,

I tend to agree with people saying this event is rather meh.

Indeed, light tanks lines are not available at higher tiers in severel nations (UK, Sweden, Czecs, Japs), so its usefulness is automatically reduced.

Moreover, by not giving discount to small tiers (1-4) you are not helping the beginners, who are those who have benefited the most from the event.

It is a pitty that this event kind of interupted your series of successful events, lately.

Let's hope WG will learn from this.

Edited by djciolos5, 26 January 2018 - 09:00 PM.

Drunkybaby #59 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [RDEAD] RDEAD

Sorry Kandly - we were all hoping for something more - like T-44 ltwt, ELC EVEN, Type-62... Anything higher than the T-64... This is just mediocer at best...

You do tell us you will enjoy this special. I will be looking at your total - 461 ATM

View PostKandly, on 26 January 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

WindSplitter1 #60 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 17203 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I'm not sure if I like the celebrate the fact that Light Tanks are nothing short of useless.

M48A5 with crew skills and vents ALONE, can take the job of the Cherrydan. Obviously there are differences, but I'm pretty sure that with the current mapset, the Patton would be a better choice for most scenarios.

Without the changes reverted, at least some of them, I see no point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users