Compensation from "Gold" damage taken?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

slitth #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12128 battles

As the game is right now, premium ammunition offers benefits to players with the only downside being the extra cost.

There have be debates about this, and they always seem to be focused on adding extra downsides to use of the premium ammunition.

But how about adding compensation to the victim? Would this make premium ammunition use more acceptable?

For example by giving extra amount of xp for each damage done to you by premium ammunition.

Perhaps at a ratio of 0,15 xp for each 1 hp of damage done.

Then a tank with 3000 hp would get 450 extra xp if it was killed only premium ammunition.

Anyway I just want to know if you would think that a form of compensation to the victim would this make premium ammunition use more acceptable?

Draz_H #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14692 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

POPULAR

Holy mother of gold ammo threads...

UserZer00 #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View Postslitth, on 26 January 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

As the game is right now, premium ammunition offers benefits to players with the only downside being the extra cost.

There have be debates about this, and they always seem to be focused on adding extra downsides to use of the premium ammunition.

But how about adding compensation to the victim? Would this make premium ammunition use more acceptable?

For example by giving extra amount of xp for each damage done to you by premium ammunition.

Then a tank with 3000 hp would get 450 extra xp if it was killed only premium ammunition.

Anyway I just want to know if you would think that a form of compensation to the victim would this make premium ammunition use more acceptable?

I think this might help ease some of the pain, but I think that WG also needs to take some of the money they earn from gold ammo to fund support groups in each country where their game is available.

The support groups would focus on allowing victims of gold ammo to be able to share their experiences of hurt and suffering.  This, over time, will allow the healing process to begin.

It's will in no way fully erase the damage done by the gold ammo, but it will hopefully allow people to overcome their bad experiences.  This in turn will allow them to focus their energies on more important subjects such as the elimination of arty or nerfing OP tanks.

ricoBenitez1 #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 508 battles

View Postslitth, on 26 January 2018 - 06:56 AM, said:

Its easy when you are hit, just keep the change from the gold shells that hits you-

OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24858 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 26 January 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

I think this might help ease some of the pain, but I think that WG also needs to take some of the money they earn from gold ammo to fund support groups in each country where their game is available.

The support groups would focus on allowing victims of gold ammo to be able to share their experiences of hurt and suffering.  This, over time, will allow the healing process to begin.

It's will in no way fully erase the damage done by the gold ammo, but it will hopefully allow people to overcome their bad experiences.  This in turn will allow them to focus their energies on more important subjects such as the elimination of arty or nerfing OP tanks.

Gosh darnit, you had me all the way, with this cracker, right till that last line.

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 44727 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
jesus people give it a rest. the whining about gold ammo is really out of control. just don't play the game people if you can't handle it, but please stop posting crying threads about it

UserZer00 #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostDr_ownape, on 26 January 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

jesus people give it a rest. the whining about gold ammo is really out of control. just don't play the game people if you can't handle it, but please stop posting crying threads about it

Inversely, you could just not read the posts about gold ammo?  It might help your blood pressure.

Just think about all the times women protested about being mistreated sexually and how often people just told them to just ignore it since it's a part of life and they just need to deal with it.

Well, as you can see from the news in the USA, their continual protesting of an unfair situation has finally paid off.  After years and years of their protests against an unfair situation they are finally being heard.

What does this have to do with gold ammo you say?  Well I say we need MORE gold ammo threads. We need to keep hammeeing away at the subject until WG is forced to take the complaints seriously.

Sure, for now they are laughing at all the gold ammo threads while driving around in their limo and drinking champagne while mocking the victims, but hopefully some day they too will be made to pay for their mistreatment of the average player.

#GA_Me_Too

Homer_J #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You should be able to harvest the gold, craft that into items to make a collection which will give you a special "victim" inscription for one nation.

OreH75 #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48922 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Nah, I would suggest to give the people that drive tanks can only be killed by premium ammo less XP so they stop driving those tonks.

Cobra6 #10 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

How about just properly balancing armour for standard ammo and completely removing premium ammo as it adds nothing good to the game itself?

Good thing only 5% of the shots fired are premium ammo according to WG *cough* *cough*

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 26 January 2018 - 08:48 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #11 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51619 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I've seen some whining in my time but this takes the biscuit.

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21024 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Just how butt hurt can you be.

UserZer00 #13 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10207 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 26 January 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Just how butt hurt can you be.

Scientists refuse to perform further experiments to determine a logical scale of butt hurt.

- Animal testing permission has been denied as it would be too cruel

- Request for volunteers for studies haven't generated enough people to provide solid statistical data. (Although scientists are continually being pestered by testcase #86 with regards to being allowed to participate in all future studies)

Therefore, for now, butt hurt can not be accurately measured. It can only based on feeling.

After careful consideration I have determined that the OP is butthurt to the level of "cucumber".

This may or may not be accurate as it's not based on solid scientific data.

DracheimFlug #14 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9127 battles

What a brilliant idea! Lights will have extra incentive to sui-scout! And huge bonuses to superheavies, because we all know how much they are suffering...... Brilliant!

Obsessive_Compulsive #15 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 26626 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

So you want to encourage premium ammo use. Encourage japtank drivers too.. hmmm

On first inspection its laughable. However on second inspection I have to say its not funny at all. Be gone foul beast!

Merton15 #16 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13965 battles

View PostUserZer00, on 26 January 2018 - 07:36 AM, said:

Inversely, you could just not read the posts about gold ammo?  It might help your blood pressure.

Just think about all the times women protested about being mistreated sexually and how often people just told them to just ignore it since it's a part of life and they just need to deal with it.

Well, as you can see from the news in the USA, their continual protesting of an unfair situation has finally paid off.  After years and years of their protests against an unfair situation they are finally being heard.

What does this have to do with gold ammo you say?  Well I say we need MORE gold ammo threads. We need to keep hammeeing away at the subject until WG is forced to take the complaints seriously.

Sure, for now they are laughing at all the gold ammo threads while driving around in their limo and drinking champagne while mocking the victims, but hopefully some day they too will be made to pay for their mistreatment of the average player.

#GA_Me_Too

And now gold ammo use is being compared to real life rape. Your pixel tank being penetrated by gold ammo is a triviality compared to a woman being....you know where I am going with this.

You are at a disadvantage to those wealthier than you. A valuable life lesson learned, stop whining and thank WG for the free education.

Thejagdpanther #17 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34926 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

View PostCobra6, on 26 January 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

How about just properly balancing armour for standard ammo and completely removing premium ammo as it adds nothing good to the game itself?

Good thing only 5% of the shots fired are premium ammo according to WG *cough* *cough*

Cobra 6

Dude are you mad?

A sensate and ponderate change to improve the game?

What is this nonsense?

AcheronEHJ #18 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8808 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

It isn't like gold is a difficult concept to understand. Generally speaking (cough Japan) you trade credits for penetration.

What this means is that gold heavily penalizes people who are still grinding to purchase tanks. Once you have settled into just playing what you have you can largely support your gold needs with normal play. But if you still have to shell out to purchase new vehicles, you have to give up casual gold use.

Effectively the existence of gold ammo penalizes newer players, who already have a giant hill to climb just to get their crews, equipment, actual game skill, etc... on an even footing with folks who are entrenched. 

I'd like to see that change, but it would require some significant economy rework.

Archaean #19 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15716 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

This suggestion takes the cake of stupidity evolved.

There is no debate needed about gold. At T10 gold is needed, otherwise you won't be able to confront super heavies. Flank them? Shoot them from behind? Outskill them? Right, fat chance. Gold is required.

A punishment system that actually rewards instead of punishes. I can't comprehend the stupidity behind a rewarding punishment system.

Edited by Archaean, 26 January 2018 - 10:57 AM.

314WTNK #20 Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30143 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
all the average players would suddenly get unicums without prem ammo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users