Jump to content


E-50M worth getting?


  • Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

logaritmusnaturalis #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1705 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
Is it worth it? I know it's not as good as E50 tier for tier. 

xx984 #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56488 battles
  • 2,628
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013
One of my favourites, fantastic and underrated tank. Great gun. good mobility, fantastic armour for a med. Only thing that truly lets it down is the turret. alot of people say the DPM ruins it which just isnt true. DPM isnt everything and the laser like gun will usually allow you to hit shots other meds cant.

TheOneAboveAII #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16455 battles
  • 488
  • [DACUS] DACUS
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016
Just go in with no shells and ram everything you see...all fun and no stress.

brumbarr #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012
Overrated tank, it jsut doesnt work in the current meta, the turret is crapso peeking with other meds doesnt work.  And since half the battles are huldown trades , it doesnt work. Gun handling is good, but thats it.  Dpm is also terrible.

Exozen #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31079 battles
  • 1,069
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011
I'ts a beast for randoms and one of the most enjoyible tier 10's in the game , it can do a little of everyting. The grinde to it is meh , but once you get the tier 9 E-50 everyting goes from pure snipers to sniper / brawlers. And there is nothing more satisfying then ramming someone for 1500+ damage in the E-50 tanks.

TsundereWaffle #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27233 battles
  • 11,077
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
Absolutely love the E50M

Thejagdpanther #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34974 battles
  • 4,481
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

Everyone talks good about that tonk, not broken/op like soviet hovermeds or skoda, not lukewarm like some others.
I'm going to find out since I am at e50.

If you can pass trough panther 2 and the awful tier 8 mm, is like grinding chocolate cake.

Most relaxed/easy grind that I could remember, and i barely play meds.


Edited by Thejagdpanther, 26 January 2018 - 02:18 PM.


Obsessive_Compulsive #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 26701 battles
  • 8,048
  • [ADUK] ADUK
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

I wrote a really detailed and lengthy post and then it vanished and not doing it all again. Nor can I find a replay with over 3k ramming from hitting 3 tanks on the flank of live oaks.

 

E50M on paper and often in battle is simply lacking vs many other tanks. BUT.. somehow it just feels good! it has character and you might just find a special place in your heart for it.


Edited by Obsessive_Compulsive, 26 January 2018 - 02:33 PM.


logaritmusnaturalis #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1705 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

Okie think im going to get it, especially since obj 140 kind of doesn't feel satisfying to me. 

 

Anyone else feel the same way about obj 140? It's a good tank for sure, but it kind doesn't just do it for you?


Edited by logaritmusnaturalis, 26 January 2018 - 04:15 PM.


SandDanAdua #10 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11503 battles
  • 145
  • Member since:
    12-11-2016

Ramming B-C's and Obj's for up to 1k dmg is the best time i've had in this game.

This is an excellent tank that can do everything you want from a medium and even sidescrape vs HT's


Edited by SandDanAdua, 26 January 2018 - 04:15 PM.


HundeWurst #11 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 70668 battles
  • 4,390
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012
No

logaritmusnaturalis #12 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1705 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
I love E50 to death, so i might get it just for that reason. 

ares354 #13 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 74003 battles
  • 3,305
  • Member since:
    12-05-2010

View Postxx984, on 26 January 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

One of my favourites, fantastic and underrated tank. Great gun. good mobility, fantastic armour for a med. Only thing that truly lets it down is the turret. alot of people say the DPM ruins it which just isnt true. DPM isnt everything and the laser like gun will usually allow you to hit shots other meds cant.

 


"fantastic armour for a med" - dont be silly. 185 flat turret armor front is awful. Lower plate is just as bad and big. ARMOR ON THAT MT is only on upper plate. Dont lie to people who dont have that tank. 

DPM matter a lot, for example how fast you can kill lower tiers. E50m lose a lot of time in battle to do so. Most MT kill low tier faster. GUN is only good thing about that MT, mobility is bad as well. 

 

Simeon85 #14 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,715
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

Yah, it's not tier for tier as good as the E50, but it's a very comfy and reliable tank IMO. 

 

Not the best, very very far from the worst and won't let you down. 

 

DPM is over rated, E50M's reliable DPM is probably higher than many tanks, if you want to pick something apart at medium to long ranges, the E50M will do it far quicker than say am STB-1 or 30b for example. 


Edited by Simeon85, 26 January 2018 - 04:19 PM.


logaritmusnaturalis #15 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1705 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View PostSimeon85, on 26 January 2018 - 03:18 PM, said:

Yah, it's not tier for tier as good as the E50, but it's a very comfy and reliable tank IMO. 

 

Not the best, very very far from the worst and won't let you down. 

 

DPM is over rated, E50M's reliable DPM is probably higher than many tanks, if you want to pick something apart at medium to long ranges, the E50M will do it far quicker than say am STB-1 or 30b for example. 

 

Yeah it's moderate dpm may be suiting for my playstyle as I often feel i can't keep up with obj 140's RoF.

Gvozdika #16 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38160 battles
  • 550
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

If you like the E-50 and enjoy playing it the current environment - then chances are you'll like the E50M - since it's basically just a beefed up T10 version.

 

I bought it years ago but have never really got on with it in randoms - then dusted it off for the utter circus that was Ranked Beta Season 1 where oddly enough it was the most consistent tank for me. I still don't get on with it in randoms though, my playstyle is more along the lines of Action X / Patton than the heavy-medium hybrid that the E50M is.



Simeon85 #17 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,715
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postlogaritmusnaturalis, on 26 January 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

Yeah it's moderate dpm may be suiting for my playstyle as I often feel i can't keep up with obj 140's RoF.

 

Plus it can ram to make up the DPM difference. It'll easily do 600-700 to a Russian med in a ram, probably only taking sub 200 in return, even more if you use the driver's skill, so that Russian med now needs to catch up 2 shots plus.

 

Also 390 alpha is better for trading and like you say, for some people's playstyle a lower DPM can be useful because you drop off the radar more and are less likely to expose trying to get a second shot of. 



brumbarr #18 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostSimeon85, on 26 January 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

 

Plus it can ram to make up the DPM difference. It'll easily do 600-700 to a Russian med in a ram, probably only taking sub 200 in return, even more if you use the driver's skill, so that Russian med now needs to catch up 2 shots plus.

 

Also 390 alpha is better for trading and like you say, for some people's playstyle a lower DPM can be useful because you drop off the radar more and are less likely to expose trying to get a second shot of. 

 

Because you will be fighting other meds at ranges where you can ram them without teammates around often...

soul3ater #19 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18854 battles
  • 635
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012

Haven't touched it in years, in fact took its crew to some other tank.

 

so No, don't get it. it certainly is not the worst but I would grind other lines such the 140 etc. TVP really looks nice so if I was you that would be the tank to get.



Simeon85 #20 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,715
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postbrumbarr, on 26 January 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

 

Because you will be fighting other meds at ranges where you can ram them without teammates around often...

 

Since when does DPM really matter in longer range engagements? 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users