Test time: The new tier 10 Russian tanks.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HundeWurst #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Since I had a bit of time and the will to gove the testserver a second chance and try out all the 3 new tier 10 tanks we get (for now) I went on and tested them a bit more.

We all know and learnt to love the "test environement" the common test provides. The live servers and the common test have hardly anything in common. Well at least now people are not only playing the new tanks any more. The tier 10 only MM is kinda close to what we get on the live servers these days. Only the never ending gold spam is still there.

However onwards to the new tier 10s

Obj. 268 Version IV - OK I want to start with this tank first. I did not try it during the first iteration however now I played it a couple of times; here the conclusions

Gun:

Its a powerfull gun. 293 base penetration are more than enough to penetrate all armor (up to this point) without much of a problem. 360 HEAT pen is a bit below average but still insane.

The gunhandling is great. The traverse arcs are nice, aimtime is alright and the alpha refreshing. The reload is alright for that alpha. Overall an average tier 10 TD gun, however no really annoying features to be had, relaxing to play.

Armor:

Yeah... the story of that armor. Well you are more or less immune to standard shells, the "weakspots" are 250mm effective armor and TINY. No tier 8 will ever be able to harm you, most tier 9 will maybe be able to do something with gold, but yeah before they will have inflicted any meaningfull harm they should already be dead by your hand alone.

Tiny "weakspots" with 250mm effective armor are no weakspots.... Well then there is the thing with tier9/10 gold rounds. Your armor becomes a lot less impressive. Still you will be able to bounce roughly 50% of all gold rounds shot into your direction without any further input than jsut pointing your tanks towards the attacker.

Mobility:

Well one might think that with all that armor this tank will be slow.... FALSE! It is as fast as the UNnerfed Grille15. 55 km/h forwards with GREAT acceleration and 22km/h backwards... INSANE. It makes this tank OP beyond everything else I have ever played.

This mobility proofed to be not working out on the Grille and that tank has absolutly no armor. So why dont we make stronk RASHA tenk with instane armor insane mobility and a powerfull gun. Thats most certainly not gonna break anything and will be perfectly balanced! DA COMRADE!

Conclusion:

The tank is rediculous OP. It will have a MAJOR negative impact on the gameplay. I cant even.... I dont have the right words for this.... Im frankly stunned. This level of utter and raw incompetence, or driven greed by Wargaming is of another planet.

Its the load gold or go home tank. Just press W and shoot. Broken and OP. Have fun playing against that sheit. Wait there wont be any fun. This tanks makes all other tier 10 TDs redundant, half the tier 10 mediums and half the tier 10 heavies. BALANCE DA DA DA DAWAI!

Object 430U - the first MBT of World of Tanks. As far as I know the 430 was a protoyte project leading towards the T64.

Gun:

I saw lots of people giving this tank some hard time due to the gun. My honest question - why? The gun is INSANE. Accuracy is as important and usefull as a mans nipple. It has great gunhandling, the alpha is great for trading, and maxed out the reload is getting into the area of permatracking. Overall an above average gun for a tier 10 medium tank.

Armor:

Well the turret is flat out better than what most tier 10 heavy tanks. No cupola weakspots, no overmatch and insane armorvalues all over the place. Combine that with a very powerfull upper plate and you got yourself the best versatile heavy tank in the game. The weak lower plate and bad side armor is NOT an excuse - this is getting ridiculous.

Mobility:

Average tier 10 medium mobility... Nothing more to say about that.

Conclusion:

Enjoy your MBT. The tank will make all other mediums besides The M48 and the 907 useless. Also we can light a candle for half the tier 10 heavy tanks, having a worse gun, worse mobility and on top even worse armor.

Thats what I call balanced... oh wait... what was the definition of balance again? Someone please tell me.

Object 705A - MinMax - Boring to play, OP and good luck with your tier 8 and 9 tanks. I personally dont like the tank, as its just stupid and boring to play.

Gun:

Good alpha, good gunhandling, bad reload. Well Great for trading, what heavies in general do. Overall a more than solid gun. For sure better than average.

Armor:

Yeah go check it out yourself. Stronk RASHA armor all over the place. Blackhole magic, insane nominal values!? All in one place. Yeah I can most certainly see a tier 8 medium pretending to be able to even damage that thing. Oh wait... I lied.

Turret armor is more or less immune towards damage, Hull is better than IS7s in almost all aspects.

Mobility:

40 km/h topspeed for a superheavy. Stronk mother RASHA makes it possible. Even though, to be fair, it is sluggish, yet more agile than any of the other super heavy tanks out there by a mile.

Conclusion:

Stupid tank to play against, and most likely boring to play. I dont think that this tank will have such a negative impact on the game, just like Badger, because hardly anyone will be playing them.

So yeah we got ourself another gold spam patch. Maybe a new record but WG managed to powercreep roughly 50 till 60 percent of all the other tier 10 tanks with one patch. I mean thats impressive.

UrQuan #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thanks for testing these & giving a nice overview. Surprised at the 268 mobility however, i assumed it would be slow due to the armor & gun, guess not. A question regarding this, how fast can it turn? If it's nimble in turning, then this tank will be all hell to fight indeed.

Object 430 does sound like hell to fight against in the hands of a good player (I expect less good players to still fail in it & claim 'armor is lies!' ) & a tank I can see many good players have some formidable games in it. The way you describe it, it sounds like an improved version of the Obj 140 & the type 62.

Obj 705 also sounds dangerously powerful. Due to the good armor & not so lacking mobility, i expected bad gun handling tbh. As it isn't the case, I fully expect this thing to be extremely strong in the hands of people who enjoy their armored tanks.

When you say it's agile, do you mean it turns well (compared to other superheavies)? Because a good turnrate is a very powerful tool for an armored tank to have (this is part of what made the E5 so strong to fight in competitive hands before they reduced i'ts frontal armor layout)

Edited by UrQuan, 26 January 2018 - 05:52 PM.

leggasiini #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9537 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostUrQuan, on 26 January 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

Thanks for testing these & giving a nice overview. Surprised at the 268 mobility however, i assumed it would be slow due to the armor & gun, guess not. A question regarding this, how fast can it turn? If it's nimble in turning, then this tank will be all hell to fight indeed.

The traverse speed is extremely poor. AFAIK its like 23 deg/s or so. Feels like an ISU-152 in that regard. Straight line speed is great, though; hits 55kph easily.

Obj 705 also sounds dangerously powerful. Due to the good armor & not so lacking mobility, i expected bad gun handling tbh. As it isn't the case, I fully expect this thing to be extremely strong in the hands of people who enjoy their armored tanks.

Gun handling is fairly good indeed. It does have absolutely awful 0.44 base accuracy though, which while isnt that problematic, it makes it quite frustrating to play.

When you say it's agile, do you mean it turns well (compared to other superheavies)? Because a good turnrate is a very powerful tool for an armored tank to have (this is part of what made the E5 so strong to fight in competitive hands before they reduced i'ts frontal armor layout)

The turret turns pretty quickly from my experience, and in general its rather nimble for something that is a super-heavy. Mobility feels slightly superior to the IS-4, even. In general the mobility is simply waaaay too good for a tank that is a true super-heavy. If anything, the mobility should be the first thing to be nerfed.

fighting_falcon93 #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29330 battles

Well written feedback, and I agree with you Wunde :great:

But I'm missing something...

#KeepObj263AtTier10

Mav75 #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29437 battles
  • [SXSE] SXSE

Thanks for the reviews. :honoring:

Better get cracking on working towards the Object 430U then.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 06:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Classic Wargaming balance, make new tanks broken/overpowered so the masses free XP them and then after they've broken the MM for months on end finally nerf them to relatively normal levels.

It's blatantly obvious they do this pretty much every single time, just as they put the compulsory stinker in each new line around tier 7, 8 or both.

This whole charade has nothing to do with balancing and the people working in the balance department should all be fired and replaced by competent testers that look at the whole picture, not just at how to make the most money.

Cobra 6

HundeWurst #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostUrQuan, on 26 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

Well its bad thats true. However in return you get -22 km/h reverse speed.... That is a value only some light tanks and lightly armored mediums get. Go figure. It makes it super powerfull....

brumbarr #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
LIke I said before, I am kinda torn about the 430U, on one hand I think its OP and bad for the game and should be nerfed, but on the other hand I am really looking forward  to playing it with my imrpoved equipment and kicking [edited]in randoms :P

Dr_ownape #9 Posted 26 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40613 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I'm nearly 43 and finally in a position to play this game and do well at it. I don't want to have to go learn another new game and in 5 years time be good at it. Please WG don't be stupid

dimethylcadmium #10 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4546 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

And I thought buying the Ravioli on the next discount was a possibility.....i guess i'll be saving my money for something that will actually make money and avoid these monstrosities, like a VK 45.03...

Now i have one less reason to grind for Tier 9 and 10 tanks as well. Good one WG kappa, i guess my end-game tier is now Tier 7.

KillingJoker #11 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28940 battles

i also think think the obj 430 at tier IX with that 440 alpha gun is OP... since the tank retains the armor from tier tier IX and more or less the same mobility

the drop of dpm is not significant and your alpha damaged increased...

oh, and i will not say anything about the obj 257... (...) 

Edited by KillingJoker, 26 January 2018 - 08:33 PM.

brumbarr #12 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKillingJoker, on 26 January 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

i also think think the obj 430 at tier IX with that 440 alpha gun is OP... since the tank retains the armor from tier tier IX and more or less the same mobility

the drop of dpm is not significant and your alpha damaged increased...

oh, and i will not say anything about the obj 257... (...) 

the 430 gets 390 alpha, not 440, and 390 is nothing special. And it retains the armor yes, but its still no better than the T54 armor. 

Its a T54 with a pretty meh gun. Not that great.

_LEO_ #13 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 54071 battles
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 26 January 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

And I thought buying the Ravioli on the next discount was a possibility.....i guess i'll be saving my money for something that will actually make money and avoid these monstrosities, like a VK 45.03...

Now i have one less reason to grind for Tier 9 and 10 tanks as well. Good one WG kappa, i guess my end-game tier is now Tier 7.

45.03 has terrible mm, same crap like t8, you will always play against t9 and OP prem t8 abominations.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users