Jump to content


Where did my camo go...?


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SBKDisco #1 Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38423 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

I did a couple of searches about this, however I kept getting this message. "One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords." I wasn't sure which one of my words was causing the message, because they were all longer than 3 letters and didn't contain any of the terms mentioned. That's why I found it necessary to ask the question here.

 

 

 

I haven't played the game for almost a year now and I logged in earlier today only to notice all the tanks I had put camo on, apart from my Type 59 no longer have it. I did have some kind of complimentary camo available on a couple of my tanks, but not all of them and certainly not all of those that I previously had spent gold putting camo on.


 

Can someone enlighten me as to what has happened, since each tank now has 3 sections, do I need to pay 50 gold for each section, as this will cost 450 gold per tank to apply all 3 schemes to all 3 sections. If this is the case, the cost of reinstating the camo to the tanks that I had previously put camo on will far and away surpass the amount of gold I have in my account.


 

Many thanks for your help...


 


 



Bordhaw #2 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12058 battles
  • 2,845
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostSBKDisco, on 26 January 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

I did a couple of searches about this, however I kept getting this message. "One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords." I wasn't sure which one of my words was causing the message, because they were all longer than 3 letters and didn't contain any of the terms mentioned. That's why I found it necessary to ask the question here.

 

 

 

I haven't played the game for almost a year now and I logged in earlier today only to notice all the tanks I had put camo on, apart from my Type 59 no longer have it. I did have some kind of complimentary camo available on a couple of my tanks, but not all of them and certainly not all of those that I previously had spent gold putting camo on.


 

Can someone enlighten me as to what has happened, since each tank now has 3 sections, do I need to pay 50 gold for each section, as this will cost 450 gold per tank to apply all 3 schemes to all 3 sections. If this is the case, the cost of reinstating the camo to the tanks that I had previously put camo on will far and away surpass the amount of gold I have in my account.


 

Many thanks for your help...


 


 

 

 

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update921-cust-mechanics/

 



SBKDisco #3 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38423 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

Thanks Bordhaw.

 

The link says; All permanent camo, emblems, and inscriptions you purchased before the new mechanics release will be in your Storage when it drops. You spent money on them and they’re rightfully yours. Temporary camouflages will be withdrawn, but you'll have their costs reimbursed.

 

I have checked several of my tanks that I know had camo on them and most of them have none available, a couple like my B-C 25T and my T62 have the summer and desert camo, but no winter. My AMX 50B, B-C 155-58, Conqueror GC and Leopard 1 to name but a few have none at all, only my Object 268 has all 3 of the camo patterns that I originally applied.


 

Any ideas as to why this has happened would be much appreciated.



SBKDisco #4 Posted 26 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38423 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

I guess it's because nothing has changed with WG's attitude to it's customers. They rob us as much as they think they can get away with.

 

 

Thieving scum



SuedKAT #5 Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:15 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,615
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
When you checked the storage did you also apply any of the camos to any of your tanks, since you can now move camos around between tanks it's quite possible that you've equipped the "missing" T62 and  B-C 25T winter camos on some other tanks.

SBKDisco #6 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38423 battles
  • 1,276
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 26 January 2018 - 09:15 PM, said:

When you checked the storage did you also apply any of the camos to any of your tanks, since you can now move camos around between tanks it's quite possible that you've equipped the "missing" T62 and  B-C 25T winter camos on some other tanks.

 

No, I haven't got the winter camo on any other tanks. I've been right through my garage and haven't been able to find any camouflage that isn't applied. But thanks for your answer.

 



OreH75 #7 Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48922 battles
  • 2,303
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013
If you own a cammo there is a little number in the left corner of that cammo-square which indicates how many you have in depot.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67404 battles
  • 17,135
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostSBKDisco, on 26 January 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

I guess it's because nothing has changed with WG's attitude to it's customers. They rob us as much as they think they can get away with.

 

 

Thieving scum

 

Can you at least wait for someone to explain it before you go nuts?

 

All the camo you have bought are now in storage. Even from tanks you sold that had camo on, you have gotten back. If you check your camo section on a tank. It will list the gold price on the right side, and how many you have in storage on the left side. They did not take anything you bought with gold. As no one here lost anything. In fact, most had more camo now vs before.

 

Tho now camo is divided into 3 parts. Gun, hull and turret. You only need it on the hull to to get the camo bonus. That.. and you can now take it off free of charge. And move it to any tank. So it's not locked to a singe tank anymore. It's locked to a nation. So you don't have to have it on tanks you don't play. But can move it to those you do play. Same with the gift camo you got. A full set, or 2 sets if you use it on TD's etc, as they don't have a turret. It's free to move that on any tank you own. On all nations. It's not locked to the one you put it on. So keep that in mind. They actually made it cheaper to use camo.

 

 

If you use your filters on emblems and inscriptions "button on the far left" you can select "purchased" to show emblems you have in stock to. This ofc differs from nation to nation. But event emblems etc might have been duplicated. As in you got more of them. If you have to many of one, like most here did. Or even to many of a camo set for a nation. You can sell them for 10K a piece. Most here made a few millions on patch day.


Edited by Balc0ra, 29 January 2018 - 09:42 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users