Module and crew damage is just ridiculous...

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

TheOneAboveAII #1 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

There is literally no game in which either 1, 2, 3 crew members die...or ammorack, turret ring, engine, fuel tank get destroyed...it's just ridiculous...got splashed by arty...3 dead crew members...got splashed by normal tanks with HE crew dies...get shot by ap...crew dies...ammorack goes off...fuel tank catches on fire...engine catches on fire...i can barely get to heal a crew or repair something and 1 second later it dies again...i understand you gave us multi use consumables...but i'd rather have back the single use ones and not having to hold a funeral for my crew members every single minute.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles
Module and crew damage hasn't changed, it's your fevered imagination at work.

wsatnutter #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24001 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Replays oh don't  tell us

Laur_Balaur_XD #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35365 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 27 January 2018 - 06:39 AM, said:

Replays oh don't  tell us

And what would you understand from a replay? You can't even understand what you are doing in this game...

On topic: Yes, the module and crew get often damaged since the introduction of reusable consumables.

The logic behind that is really simple:

- with the old single use consumables your game would be ruined if you got ammo-racked 2 times in a game, or a crew member 'died' 2 times, so there were not so many critical hits - since that would ruined the gameplay and made people quit the game. So not so many kits were consumed over time.

- withe the new consumables you just need to wait a little and you can fix your tank again. This way WG could increase the critical chance, so people use more often consumables. Guess who is winning if people spend more...

More consumables used -> more silver spent -> people buy premium account and premium tanks -> WG gets more money.

I consume my repair/first aid kits in 90% of my games, since i always play on the frontline and get hit a lot. 

Sure that people like the one above would say that this is a myth, since the red line camp in all game and either their team wins the game for them or they get gangbanged at the end. They simply do not need to repair anything...

wsatnutter #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24001 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostIulian_ro, on 27 January 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

And what would you understand from a replay? You can't even understand what you are doing in this game...

On topic: Yes, the module and crew get often damaged since the introduction of reusable consumables.

- with the old single use consumables your game would be ruined if you got ammo-racked 2 times in a game, or a crew member 'died' 2 times, so there were not so many critical hits - since that would ruined the gameplay and made people quit the game. So not so many kits were consumed over time.

- withe the new consumables you just need to wait a little and you can fix your tank again. This way WG could increase the critical chance, so people use more often consumables. Guess who is winning if people spend more...

More consumables used -> more silver spent -> people buy premium account and premium tanks -> WG gets more money.

I consume my repair/first aid kits in 90% of my games, since i always play on the frontline and get hit a lot.

Sure that people like the one above would say that this is a myth, since the red line camp in all game and either their team wins the game for them or they get gangbanged at the end. They simply do not need to repair anything...

pure tinfoil its the a mean average that applies as in all situations as in swings and roudabouts

Laur_Balaur_XD #6 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35365 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 27 January 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

pure tinfoil its the a mean average that applies as in all situations as in swings and roudabouts

Can you try to say that again in english?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26628 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 27 January 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

Seems you don't either from the absolute drivel you wrote.

Crit chance hasn't changed, it just seems that way because now you can actually repair multiple modules across a battle rather than before when you had one repair and any further hits effectively took you out the game.

Laur_Balaur_XD #8 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35365 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 January 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

Seems you don't either from the absolute drivel you wrote.

Crit chance hasn't changed, it just seems that way because now you can actually repair multiple modules across a battle rather than before when you had one repair and any further hits effectively took you out the game.

Yeah, before the games lasted much longer, and i remember that i was not using my kits in every battle.

Now the average game last 4-5 minutes, and in those 5 minutes you repair your modules/crew like a mad man. And now i literally use at least one of the consumables in every single game. 

But you say that the chance has not changed. Do you have arguments for that?

It is not necessary to be a genius to figure who would benefit from a higher crit chance and a bigger consumable use...

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17410 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
As apoint of interest, how often do you need to buy more consumables? 

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21244 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 27 January 2018 - 08:18 AM, said:

You do realize that no matter how many times you use a consumable, the price is still the same?

Doesn't matter how many times you use a repair kit, in the end you still pay the credit cost once.

jabster #11 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostIulian_ro, on 27 January 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

Yeah, before the games lasted much longer, and i remember that i was not using my kits in every battle.

Now the average game last 4-5 minutes, and in those 5 minutes you repair your modules/crew like a mad man. And now i literally use at least one of the consumables in every single game. 

But you say that the chance has not changed. Do you have arguments for that?

It is not necessary to be a genius to figure who would benefit from a higher crit chance and a bigger consumable use...

The default position is that it hasn’t changed. If you have anything beyond the feels to show that’s not true then feel free to post it.

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35199 battles

View PostG01ngToxicCommand0, on 27 January 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Remove First Aid Kit from WoT as dead crew remain dead IRL:

No crew recovers from having their head shot off or their body torn in two. Let injured and dead crew stay that way.

You want them deleted from barracks as well so that you have to train a new one?  Cuz real life ............

Laur_Balaur_XD #13 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35365 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 27 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

You do realize that no matter how many times you use a consumable, the price is still the same?

Doesn't matter how many times you use a repair kit, in the end you still pay the credit cost once.

Yes i realize that, but that is not the issue.

The problem is that you use consumables in almost every battle and you pay for them.

When consumables were single use, i did not use them so often. Now i consume them in almost every battle.

nc30_guy #14 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22526 battles
Ammo rack deffo goes out more now than it used to do so maybe crit chance has been increased we would never know its server side info.

UserZer00 #15 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8919 battles

View Postnc30_guy, on 27 January 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ammo rack deffo goes out more now than it used to do so maybe crit chance has been increased we would never know its server side info.

I agree that ammo racks definitely feel that they are built out of cardboard now, especially on the US medium line. 

I think it the crit chance was probably increased by the guy that designed the explosion animation for when the ammo rack explodes.  He was proud of his work and wanted everyone to see it as often as possible.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #16 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 27 January 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

You want them deleted from barracks as well so that you have to train a new one?  Cuz real life ............

Great suggestion but only if the tank is removed from the garage too, otherwise it will be pointless. Also Wargaming could charge gold to retrieve the tank from the tank graveyard if the player do not want to pay full vehicle price in credits again = win/win for everyone:medal:

VsUK #17 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
You know what I find disgusting about this game. The fact that a Sheridan hiding on full HP until the near end of the game. Then charges in with the XM51 derp gun & hits me in my Action X with Full HP, Knocks out my engine, my tracks. Damages my ammo rack, injures my loader & commander. Sets me on fire which lasted about 2 seconds. Completely left unable to do anything & then pop again dead. 2 shot kill from a light tank. Now, i'm sorry if this seems like a cry. But I don't think in any reality a light tank should be capable of taking out a med on full HP with 2 shots. Not even heavy's can do that usually. 

T10 lights with derp guns are a disease to this game. All they do is hide in a bush & then near the end if they're losing & derp you from behind & run away again. 

Gardar7 #18 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22684 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-
Try War Thunder and you will be happy with the module damage system in WoT.

Thuis001 #19 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5588 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

View PostVsUK, on 27 January 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

to be fair, if you would have been dead in WT after the first shot, so you were lucky. As on those players, yeah they exist, and are just really annoying. But I mean, there are Heavies camping that red line like a scared rabbit aswell, because ow gawd, there paint would get scratched... XD, they're annoying suck it up and continue to play the game.

Jigabachi #20 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The feels are stronk in this thread.

I can't tell if anything changed. Didn't notice any changes. If you do, why don't you try to turn that into a proper claim/argument by collecting some data? Like... playing 5 matches in a row and linking the replays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users