Jump to content


Nightmare games


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Juelsman #1 Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 23666 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013

What's wrong with wot. The last week has been a nightmare and playing it has been almost impossible to win and have a fun evening. I have played 105 matches in a week and are on 50% win from tier 4 to 10. It's really bad a match takes 2-3 minutes and then it's 2-15 to the enemy. Last night it was on 32 % win on 25 matches 

 


Edited by Juelsman, 27 January 2018 - 09:27 AM.


OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:07 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24828 battles
  • 2,693
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

If you're asking people to lob in their 'Nightmare games', this could run and run.

But we all get them. And crap runs are very frequent.

I might have a crap run for a few games. But my overall creeping up the W8/WR 'ladder', from the depths, is overall satisfying. ..well, it pleases me some.

 

Though I have to say, the prolonged Christmas period, proved disastrous for my W8/WR, and me mentally. And many others, I'd wager.

 



Gardar7 #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23081 battles
  • 1,807
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
Nightmare game is any battle with TVP VTU. :teethhappy:

Merton15 #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13893 battles
  • 464
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011

View PostGardar7, on 27 January 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Nightmare game is any battle with TVP VTU. :teethhappy:

 

You drive a Defender I take it?

Gardar7 #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23081 battles
  • 1,807
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostMerton15, on 27 January 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

 

You drive a Defender I take it?

 

Defender? Nope. 

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22813 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

View PostGardar7, on 27 January 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Nightmare game is any battle with TVP VTU. :teethhappy:

 

Nightmare for the TVP driver or for the enemies?

Because it's a well known tactic to use TVPs to counter Defenders :trollface:!



Gardar7 #7 Posted 27 January 2018 - 12:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23081 battles
  • 1,807
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 27 January 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

Nightmare for the TVP driver or for the enemies?

Because it's a well known tactic to use TVPs to counter Defenders :trollface:!

 

Yeees, any of those see my TVP and they retreat imediately. Fear factor is a big deal. :trollface:

Ricky_Rolls #8 Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles
  • 1,330
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010
Nothing new. Week end and evenings are the worst time to play.

vixu #9 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43047 battles
  • 3,377
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostJuelsman, on 27 January 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

What's wrong with wot. The last week has been a nightmare and playing it has been almost impossible to win and have a fun evening. I have played 105 matches in a week and are on 50% win from tier 4 to 10. It's really bad a match takes 2-3 minutes and then it's 2-15 to the enemy. Last night it was on 32 % win on 25 matches 

 

 

Typically I am against tin-foil hat theories. But in the past two weeks I see pretty much the same thing. Win rate went under hard. In total lost 0.05% out of my winrate. That is I had to loose roughly 200 more games then I have won. And I don't do more then 1-1.5h per day.  Providing that I am trying my best, the MM and teams are pretty amazing. 

I've even raged-switched the assault modes, cause my teams were always losing even on defense.

Edited by vixu, 27 January 2018 - 04:36 PM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 27 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51259 battles
  • 2,094
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 27 January 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Nothing new. Week end and evenings are the worst time to play.

 

You have a schedule of some kind? Please share some of this 8 year wisdom with us.

Ricky_Rolls #11 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles
  • 1,330
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 January 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

 

You have a schedule of some kind? Please share some of this 8 year wisdom with us.

 

All the wisdom of the world wouldn't be enough for you.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51259 battles
  • 2,094
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 27 January 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

 

All the wisdom of the world wouldn't be enough for you.

 

I was asking a genuine question to one of the best players out there but i got this crap!

Okay buddy, i guess you can't be a good player and a decent human being in the same time, 10/10 answer keep it up.



Ricky_Rolls #13 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 66954 battles
  • 1,330
  • Member since:
    11-10-2010

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 January 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

 

I was asking a genuine question to one of the best players out there but i got this crap!

Okay buddy, i guess you can't be a good player and a decent human being in the same time, 10/10 answer keep it up.

 

You were sarcastic af and now you're trying to turn it around, nicely tried tho.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #14 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostJuelsman, on 27 January 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

What's wrong with wot. The last week has been a nightmare and playing it has been almost impossible to win and have a fun evening. I have played 105 matches in a week and are on 50% win from tier 4 to 10. It's really bad a match takes 2-3 minutes and then it's 2-15 to the enemy. Last night it was on 32 % win on 25 matches 

 

 

Don't play to win, play to make the other players toxic and you wont have issues.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51259 battles
  • 2,094
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 28 January 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

 

You were sarcastic af and now you're trying to turn it around, nicely tried tho.

 

No i wasn't as i know who you are! What you interpreted as sarcasm was actually frustration form playing the game sometimes, trying to ask for advice is what i was trying to do.



Xaneleon #16 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • 1,018
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 28 January 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

 

No i wasn't as i know who you are! What you interpreted as sarcasm was actually frustration form playing the game sometimes, trying to ask for advice is what i was trying to do.

Ehh....

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 27 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

You have a schedule of some kind? Please share some of this 8 year wisdom with us.

 

That reeks of sarcasm to me too. But if you wanna know, play in the mornings when you've slept well and feel good. Play 6-7 games and quit.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51259 battles
  • 2,094
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostXaneleon, on 28 January 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Ehh....

 

 

That reeks of sarcasm to me too. But if you wanna know, play in the mornings when you've slept well and feel good. Play 6-7 games and quit.

 

No, it doesn't that's just your perception of wot community not my problem and after all not my style.

 

What do you mean 6-7 games??? You go nowhere like this! i mean credits or XP grinding.



Xaneleon #18 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • 1,018
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 28 January 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

 

No, it doesn't that's just your perception of wot community not my problem and after all not my style.

 

What do you mean 6-7 games??? You go nowhere like this! i mean credits or XP grinding.

 

You maintain 4k+ dpg in your tier 10's this way. It doesn't need to be about grinding or credit farming, now does it?

 

If you wanna perform well, play in the mornings. If you wanna grind experience/credits, play any time you like. You're grinding, not tryharding.



Frostilicus #19 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 22480 battles
  • 3,048
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

I was on a climb a while back, consciously trying to improve my gameplay by spending a minute to check out the enemy team, think of map positions that might be interesting during the countdown, stuff like that , and I saw my winrate rise to a high of around 50.45% I think it was - rubbish compared to some of you I know, but with my hand(s) condition I'm quite happy with it.

 

Last couple of weeks I seem to be on a losing streak, and it doesn't seem to show any inclination to change any time soon! Sure, I get a decent amount of wins, but there are very few satisfying ones, it appears that I'm just on the winning side of the roflstomp instead of the losing side.

 

I'm trying hard to play as well as possible, and enjoy the games knowing I've done the best I can, even if I am on the  losing side - but it's hard as I'm not good enough to regularly carry a match and therefore can quite often see the writing on the wall but am unable to influence it much.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51259 battles
  • 2,094
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostXaneleon, on 28 January 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

 

You maintain 4k+ dpg in your tier 10's this way. It doesn't need to be about grinding or credit farming, now does it?

 

If you wanna perform well, play in the mornings. If you wanna grind experience/credits, play any time you like. You're grinding, not tryharding.

 

thx.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users