Adding more crew skills?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

humphrey10 #1 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27275 battles

I just feel that there is a serious lack of variety of skills that i would take in a tank with basically all my tanks no matter what the class having BIA and repair with the commander having sixth sense. Apart from that, all the other skills apart from camo are kinda of just a nice thing to have rather than actually doing much. 

Anyone got a good ideas for potential new skills/perks? Just kinda make different tanks crews different rather than them being all the same.

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22137 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

The problem with crew skills is that you can't have them buff a statistic too much without making them OP.

IMO the XP gap aboe the 2nd skillis far too wide and getting crews up to maximum skills takes far far too long.

First two skills are the only two reallythat are important...for the majority, most crews won't get above the fourth anyway. My cromwell B crew have 370 battles....still don't have the 4th perk (excluding the 0 bia skill)

Jigabachi #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The whole skillsystem needs a full rework. It's not only one of the few p2w elements of the game, it's also utterly boring and bland. It takes ages to grind a skill and I guess that at least 50% of the crews out there share the same skills.

Edited by Jigabachi, 27 January 2018 - 06:51 PM.

_b_ #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55235 battles
Not to mention the exponential increase in exp needed to increase skills as you train more and more ...

VsUK #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I've completed the entire skill tree on just 2 tanks, My Grill & my E-100 & that's purely because I moved my crew up with the next tank. I don't think skills are a bore, just hard to fully train. More you play, the quicker they train. But I suppose some people would like it completed sooner & then complain there's nothing left to aim for, like most wallet warriors do. 

I'd like to see a disguise skill. For the first few seconds your detected, you appear to the enemy as a team member, but only if your detected from over x distance. Was a common thing during WW2, Allied tanks capturing enemy tanks & using them to trick the enemy & vise versa. 

Edited by VsUK, 29 January 2018 - 02:10 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Skills certainly need an improvement, and WG was thinking of an overhaul at some point,

but nothing new has appeared recently for that matter.

The problem with skills is, everyone, except the commander (gets SS, Reckon, Jack of all trades, Situational awareness if he's also the radio man) and the driver (smooth ride, clutch braking, Off-road driving),

gets only one useful skill, while the other skills are sub-par.

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 27 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22137 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostVsUK, on 27 January 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

I've completed the entire skill tree on just 2 tanks, My Grill & my E-100 & that's purely because I moved my crew up with the next tank. I don't think skills are a bore, just hard to fully train. More you play, the quicker they train. But I suppose some people would like it completed sooner & then complain there's nothing left to aim for, like most wallet warriors do. 

I'd like to see a disguise skill. For the first few seconds your detected, you appear to the enemy as a team member, but only if your detected from over x distance. Was a common thin during WW2, Allied tanks capturing enemy tanks & using them to trick the enemy & vise versa. 

Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 29 January 2018 - 06:45 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks

Merton15 #8 Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13869 battles

View PostVsUK, on 27 January 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

I'd like to see a disguise skill. For the first few seconds your detected, you appear to the enemy as a team member, but only if your detected from over x distance. Was a common thin during WW2, Allied tanks capturing enemy tanks & using them to trick the enemy & vise versa. 

And if there is a serial TKer on the other team? Not to mention the effect on the ban system when people are banned for shooting a green they think is a red but is actually a green. No, just no.

call_me_ShockZz #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16920 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

Once upon a time, there was a company called WG saying that they will listen to the community, when they told them what's wrong with the game.. they tricked the community into thinking that they are working on it, but since that day nobody ever heard them talking about it again.

Short story, community said it, players put up ideas and received positive feedback from the community, WG said they're looking into it, since then I've become about 3 years older

Wintermute_1 #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44499 battles

Yep that's pretty much it BIA, repair, 6th sense and camo on lights and some meds/TDs.

On a few tanks I literally have some crew levels sitting unused because the XP is more valuable negating retraining than using on a skill.

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posthumphrey10, on 27 January 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

I just feel that there is a serious lack of variety of skills that i would take in a tank with basically all my tanks no matter what the class having BIA and repair with the commander having sixth sense. Apart from that, all the other skills apart from camo are kinda of just a nice thing to have rather than actually doing much. 

Anyone got a good ideas for potential new skills/perks? Just kinda make different tanks crews different rather than them being all the same.

What we have is too many skills. I would have been better if WG had limited the amount of skills you could train like in some MMOs so you have to choose a set that suits your playstyle. And they also have to increase the importance of the less popular skills. 

gazzer21 #12 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40767 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

What ever happened to WG 's idea/ plan that once your commander got to 100% he was getting sixth sense for free ?

an other back burner idea from them.

commer #13 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38142 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 27 January 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

The whole skillsystem needs a full rework. It's not only one of the few p2w elements of the game, it's also utterly boring and bland. It takes ages to grind a skill and I guess that at least 50% of the crews out there share the same skills.

How is it p2w when you get skills by grinding. All money does for you is make the grind faster. 

NoPoet406 #14 Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2441 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
We could introduce a skill called AERIAL BOMBARDMENT. Once per battle you can request your nation's air force to attack an enemy.

Britain's RAF have a 50% chance of damaging and stunning the enemy, and a 50% chance of dropping insulting leaflets which causes the enemy to go red with rage, reversing their controls for 10 seconds. (This means the Archer would work like it did in real life, ironically.)

The Germans have a 50% chance of stunning and damaging, and a 50% chance of not turning up due to lack of fuel.

The Russians have an 80% chance of either being shot down en route, or dropping pine cones as they lack strategic resources such as bombs.

The Americans have a 75% chance of bombing their own side (if they bomb British tanks, they dont have to pay an XP penalty as Britain hushes it up to avoid embarrassing the Yanks).

The French have surrendered and therefore don't bother coming.

The Italians turn up, but make a half hearted effort, dropping bombs in a quiet corner before the RAF massacres them.

The Japanese have a vast sky fortress which drops nukes and kills everyone in one hit.

UrQuan #15 Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19831 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoPoet406, on 29 January 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

We could introduce a skill called AERIAL BOMBARDMENT. Once per battle you can request your nation's air force to attack an enemy.

Britain's RAF have a 50% chance of damaging and stunning the enemy, and a 50% chance of dropping insulting leaflets which causes the enemy to go red with rage, reversing their controls for 10 seconds. (This means the Archer would work like it did in real life, ironically.)

The Germans have a 50% chance of stunning and damaging, and a 50% chance of not turning up due to lack of fuel.

The Russians have an 80% chance of either being shot down en route, or dropping pine cones as they lack strategic resources such as bombs.

The Americans have a 75% chance of bombing their own side (if they bomb British tanks, they dont have to pay an XP penalty as Britain hushes it up to avoid embarrassing the Yanks).

The French have surrendered and therefore don't bother coming.

The Italians turn up, but make a half hearted effort, dropping bombs in a quiet corner before the RAF massacres them.

The Japanese have a vast sky fortress which drops nukes and kills everyone in one hit.

Won't be implemented: Gives too much advantage to british & german tanks. American bombing would be considered a funny gimmick by WG. But Russia airforce was supreme dominant & never lacked resources, plane was meant to go down, to make room for new pilots & planes on the airfield.

Would be implemented if: Russia bombing would drop experimental pinecones, uncovered from sekrit KGB documents from a classified kremlin vault, describing the development of a new sort of pinecone, infused with high-yield explosives.

NoPoet406 #16 Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2441 battles
  • [USAW] USAW
It was supposed to be a joke.

Rati_Festa #17 Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43737 battles
There should be a skill that reduces the stun time and affect of artillery imo. A new mechanic was introduced without a way of lessening it.

VsUK #18 Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles

View PostMerton15, on 27 January 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

And if there is a serial TKer on the other team? Not to mention the effect on the ban system when people are banned for shooting a green they think is a red but is actually a green. No, just no.

It wouldn't be visual, if you looked at the tank it would appear in red like normal. I meant on the minimap. It would ding like your team have spotted an enemy, but for the first few seconds they would just appear green on the minimap. Never going to happen. But I would much rather having the radar system removed entirely. So you cant see where every tank is thats detected. You'd have to actually look around for enemy. But thats just me!

View Postcall_me_ShockZz, on 28 January 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Once upon a time, there was a company called WG saying that they will listen to the community, when they told them what's wrong with the game.. they tricked the community into thinking that they are working on it, but since that day nobody ever heard them talking about it again.

Short story, community said it, players put up ideas and received positive feedback from the community, WG said they're looking into it, since then I've become about 3 years older

WG also said they've recrudesced the likelihood a shot would land on the outer of your aiming reticle, so more shots would land closer to the centre.
Removed the possibility of HE shots damaging you, injuring 2 or more crew members & 2 or more modules.
Ensuring the game was fair, balanced & push the game to me more about tactics than sheer brute force. 

Funny how things change!

View PostWintermute_1, on 28 January 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

Yep that's pretty much it BIA, repair, 6th sense and camo on lights and some meds/TDs.

On a few tanks I literally have some crew levels sitting unused because the XP is more valuable negating retraining than using on a skill.

Shouldn't make a difference if you've selected a skill or be trained or not. The same amount of exp goes to that crew member regardless. All that happens when you pick a skill, its already 100% or close to it. 

View Postgazzer21, on 28 January 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

What ever happened to WG 's idea/ plan that once your commander got to 100% he was getting sixth sense for free ?

an other back burner idea from them.

Yep, just like many things took a back burner!

View PostRati_Festa, on 29 January 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

There should be a skill that reduces the stun time and affect of artillery imo. A new mechanic was introduced without a way of lessening it.

Stun is just a joke now. Even Arty hitting the other sides of rocks, your effected & often damaged. I never thought this game would  get to the stage where they reward you for missing!

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 62396 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostRati_Festa, on 29 January 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Indeed. Some kind of Medic skill that reduces the time of being stunned would be nice. And that on the loader would be nie since the loader has the least usefull skills and is on most tanks.

Xaneleon #20 Posted 29 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostVsUK, on 29 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

It wouldn't be visual, if you looked at the tank it would appear in red like normal. I meant on the minimap. It would ding like your team have spotted an enemy, but for the first few seconds they would just appear green on the minimap. Never going to happen. But I would much rather having the radar system removed entirely. So you cant see where every tank is thats detected. You'd have to actually look around for enemy. But thats just me!

It doesn't take higher level mathematics to conclude certain positions are never under allied control. So getting spotted as a 'friendly' to the enemy team would do absolutely nothing. Certainly if there's only 1 Maus on each teams and he gets spotted :D

It would take too much of a change in this game to realise. By looking around, you mean no render distance anymore? Because I can't see it being useful at all, what would turning your mouse quickly do what a minimap doesn't?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users