Is there a thread like that?

Quick question justin case moms spaghetti and confetti

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

So, long story short; I do not play WoT atm as I'm quite busy with this thing called "life", and, when I can finnaly waste some time playing some games, I do not go for WoT. Like, EVER.

Reason for this being premium ammo and the balance around it. More and more of the game is becoming unfun to play and just a massive money sink. 

And yes, I am whining about it, because, if most of the community whined instead of mindlessly playing and spending, the game would be a lot more fun, as it would force Wargaming to fix their greedy business practices. Sure, it's annoying, but it works.

Anyways, to not turn this into another rant/whine thread... Is there a thread on these forums, that simply shows the recent, current and future marathons and events and all that crap without replies from other forumites? I'd like to see a link to it, if it exists. Like a thread, that only shows rewards you can gain free of charge, like the T25 Pilot 1 I missed last year. Because, to me at least, the "Announcements" section is a bit chaotic and I just like to click and see the current event and not scroll past 20 announcements about "this amazing premium tank on sale again!" and all that crap.

I want to check-in and fullfill these marathons, just in case I may want to return to the game after the issues are fixed and if they're not, well, whatever. I'll find something better to play/give up on gaming in general.

Aikl #2 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

There's a 'specials sneak peek' on the frontpage around the end of each month, which should mention any marathons and the like. A thread isn't really needed, just find the date that news article is usually posted. There was one Dec. 29th, for instance:

https://worldoftanks...ek-january2018/

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostDerethim, on 27 January 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

And yes, I am whining about it,

Anyways, to not turn this into another rant/whine thread...

Derethim #4 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 27 January 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

To specify for dumb-dumbs, I meant "To not turn this thread into something ONLY about premium ammo and long-whiney rants, that could cover 10 pages".

View PostAikl, on 27 January 2018 - 10:41 PM, said:

There's a 'specials sneak peek' on the frontpage around the end of each month, which should mention any marathons and the like. A thread isn't really needed, just find the date that news article is usually posted. There was one Dec. 29th, for instance:

https://worldoftanks...ek-january2018/

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks :) I don't check the official WoT articles much, may chceck these tho

Edited by Derethim, 27 January 2018 - 11:10 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #5 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No.

Pvt_Duffer #6 Posted 27 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I appreciate that my minimalist response may not seem appropriate inclusive and thoughtful, let me just add that uh...No. I do not think it necessary that anyone should put any effort into notifying you that you can get more free stuff in a game you don't want to pay.

Why don't you just Foxtrot Oscar and play something else instead,

And Now For Something Completely different

Derethim #7 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 27 January 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

I appreciate that my minimalist response may not seem appropriate inclusive and thoughtful, let me just add that uh...No. I do not think it necessary that anyone should put any effort into notifying you that you can get more free stuff in a game you don't want to pay.

Why don't you just Foxtrot Oscar and play something else instead,

I asked if there was an existing thread like that. I didn't ask for anyone to create one FOR ME. There's a big difference there. Also..

You really think you're better than me, just because you spend money on the game? Because that is how you make your post sound. Who wants to pay?

Are you telling me, that you wouldn't pick a free banana over a banana you have to pay for, with no difference between them, just because you didn't pay for the free banana?

Because that's just throwing a tantrum.

And then you tell me to fo and go away, like i'm going to listen to you and you throw in a stupid video to derail my thread :D +1 for effort.

Just stop, please. I know you're trying to be a bad, mean troll, but that doesen't work on me all that well.

Edited by Derethim, 28 January 2018 - 02:41 AM.

shane73tank #8 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28153 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Sorry you’ll just have to use the wot portal or the announcements forum section like the rest of us , mind you as you if you “do not go for WOT like EVER” why are you bothered ? 

Derethim #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View Postshane73tank, on 28 January 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

Sorry you’ll just have to use the wot portal or the announcements forum section like the rest of us , mind you as you if you “do not go for WOT like EVER” why are you bothered ? 

I'm usually not in the mood to get goldspammed even when playing a light tank, but sometimes I feel masochistic.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDerethim, on 28 January 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I'm usually not in the mood to get goldspammed even when playing a light tank, but sometimes I feel masochistic.

If they would pen you either way. Why complain? As most use gold ammo on moving lights for shell speed with regards to APCR, not pen.

View PostDerethim, on 27 January 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Anyways, to not turn this into another rant/whine thread... Is there a thread on these forums, that simply shows the recent, current and future marathons and events and all that crap without replies from other forumites?

Portal or the FB page is the only sources that will list those ahead of time. And you could turn on notification on the WOT FB page so you know if there is anything worth playing for. There is no common topic for all of them if that's what you were looking for besides the "announcement" section.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 January 2018 - 02:12 PM.

Frostilicus #11 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

Whilst "we" may have valid observations on how "we" want the game to develop and the direction "we" wish it to take, I feel "we" have to consider that it's WG's ball and they can do what they like with it, for as long as they want to make money from it - our only option is to "p!ss or get off the pot"

As long as the vast majority of the playerbase never visit the forum and are quite happy pressing the "Battle" button, and winning 44% of their battles, what chance do "we" have?

Suck it up or ship out I'm afraid, these little one man protests aren't going to bring down the corporation :)

"we" put in quotes intentionally to denote the Royal "we" :)

(edit) this is just an observation and isn't intended to be commenting at the OP btw :)

Edited by Frostilicus, 28 January 2018 - 02:22 PM.

Derethim #12 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 28 January 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Whilst "we" may have valid observations on how "we" want the game to develop and the direction "we" wish it to take, I feel "we" have to consider that it's WG's ball and they can do what they like with it, for as long as they want to make money from it - our only option is to "p!ss or get off the pot"

As long as the vast majority of the playerbase never visit the forum and are quite happy pressing the "Battle" button, and winning 44% of their battles, what chance do "we" have?

Suck it up or ship out I'm afraid, these little one man protests aren't going to bring down the corporation :)

"we" put in quotes intentionally to denote the Royal "we" :)

(edit) this is just an observation and isn't intended to be commenting at the OP btw :)

I agree with you, but like I said in another thread, if more people complained instead of mindlessly spending on the game, they would improve their product and listen to the community a bit more, maybe.

I just hate to see a game I've played for 6 years go down the drain, because of greedy management.

I've spent a lot of time on this game, so have many others and Wargaming just treats their old customers like sh!t and ruins a perfectly fine product. Sure, there always were unbalanced things in the game, but what's happening now is making the game really unfun and bland.

Frostilicus #13 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostDerethim, on 28 January 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

I agree with you, but like I said in another thread, if more people complained instead of mindlessly spending on the game, they would improve their product and listen to the community a bit more, maybe.

I just hate to see a game I've played for 6 years go down the drain, because of greedy management.

I've spent a lot of time on this game, so have many others and Wargaming just treats their old customers like sh!t and ruins a perfectly fine product. Sure, there always were unbalanced things in the game, but what's happening now is making the game really unfun and bland.

For the record, I agree - I find the game less fun now, but it could just be that I'm close to moving on time after a few years playing :)

Personally, I don't feel that any amount of complaining in the forums - even in the suggestions area - will make a scrap of difference, but perhaps I'm too pessimistic these days :)

Derethim #14 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostFrostilicus, on 28 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Personally, I don't feel that any amount of complaining in the forums - even in the suggestions area - will make a scrap of difference, but perhaps I'm too pessimistic these days :)

True, alone you won't make a difference. 

G01ngToxicCommand0 #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostDerethim, on 27 January 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

So, long story short; I do not play WoT atm as I'm quite busy with this thing called "life", and, when I can finnaly waste some time playing some games, I do not go for WoT. Like, EVER.

Reason for this being premium ammo and the balance around it. More and more of the game is becoming unfun to play and just a massive money sink. 

And yes, I am whining about it, because, if most of the community whined instead of mindlessly playing and spending, the game would be a lot more fun, as it would force Wargaming to fix their greedy business practices. Sure, it's annoying, but it works.

Anyways, to not turn this into another rant/whine thread... Is there a thread on these forums, that simply shows the recent, current and future marathons and events and all that crap without replies from other forumites? I'd like to see a link to it, if it exists. Like a thread, that only shows rewards you can gain free of charge, like the T25 Pilot 1 I missed last year. Because, to me at least, the "Announcements" section is a bit chaotic and I just like to click and see the current event and not scroll past 20 announcements about "this amazing premium tank on sale again!" and all that crap.

I want to check-in and fullfill these marathons, just in case I may want to return to the game after the issues are fixed and if they're not, well, whatever. I'll find something better to play/give up on gaming in general.

World of Tanks can only become good when a World Of Tanks v. 2.0 is ever made and with a focus on realism and nation vs. nation.

Edited by G01ngToxicCommand0, 28 January 2018 - 04:26 PM.

Also tagged with Quick, question, justin, case, moms spaghetti, and, confetti

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users