Ignore list for maps

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Maps veto (51 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Maps veto - yes or no?

1. Yes (24 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. No (27 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

Vote Hide poll

The_Baal #1 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:27 AM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 44251 battles
  • [-VFV-] -VFV-
Hello, I would like to suggest that the player have the ability to veto maps.
I also play a lot of other games and I just met here that the player does not have the slightest possibility to influence the map that suits him, that he misses 5x of 10 games similar to the map in other weather, not to mention. In some of the games I play, I have the option of vetoing up to 5 maps, for example, Company of Heroes II, in other games like Counter Strike, I connect directly to the map and therefore I can choose it. Stupid maps such as subway corridors and cities are more than common in WoTk, and this feature would allow players to reduce frustration.

More detailed design description:
1. The player can veto up to 5 maps.
2. Change the vetting of maps to a maximum of once per month.
3. If squad players are banned, the master's decision is made.
4. Veto refers to the map as a whole, not to just one mode.
5. When the player is in the queue for the battle and one of the vetted maps is in turn, the player is automatically shifted to the next map (longer he only waits)

I guess I'm definitely not alone with the map, like Paris, Pilsen, Stalingrad, Kharkov, Himmlersdorf, Ensk or Windstorm, and I would like to delete these maps. I know somebody is bothering more open maps, but it's a huge amount of corridors against the maps on which you have freedom of movement. The possibility of vetting at least some vet would surely revive the game and, above all, ease the frustration of the players. Virtually every second battle I see in the chat "stupidmap" etc.

Edited by The_Baal, 28 January 2018 - 05:28 AM.

captainpigg #2 Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30949 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
Stupid idea discussed many times before, try search function next time.

lifelessgamer #3 Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4518 battles

Reason this won't happen is because:

1. I'm in a HT, I don't want an open map
  2. I'm in a scout I don't want city maps
  3. I'm in a medium, I really don't care
  4. I'm in some alternate universe in arty, I don't want a city map

WG says they "balance" tanks around them not always getting maps they are good on.

It isn't a terrible idea, it has been asked before many times.  It just won't ever happen.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
No. Would ruin MM.
Also: Use the search-function.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22780 battles
No.

250swb #6 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Vetoing maps would just end up as another way of stat padding by concentrating on the maps that you or the tank are good on, so a bad idea. It will also concentrate certain tanks on certain maps, so variety will be lost.

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15823 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
No would be my vote because i like variety, i dont turn any modes off or anything as i like to get new ways of doing things and thinking outside the box on maps, game modes and the tank i am driving at the time :)

Aim_Away_From_Face #8 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31344 battles

No, as there'd be no maps left. 

As i keep saying, all that needs to happen is for ALL removed maps to be put back. People say 'no dragon ridge was awful' and such things but the fact is, we have no idea as the current physics weren't in at that point, it could be hilarious now; same goes for many removed maps.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostThe_Baal, on 28 January 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

More detailed design description:
1. The player can veto up to 5 maps.

5? Most have suggested 1. But 5? And what if the current map rotation have your 5 maps? You don't play?

View PostThe_Baal, on 28 January 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

I know somebody is bothering more open maps, but it's a huge amount of corridors against the maps on which you have freedom of movement. The possibility of vetting at least some vet would surely revive the game and, above all, ease the frustration of the players.

I mean even if you could only change them once a month. With as many as 5 on the list, we would see no arty on town maps. Not that I suspect many would complain about that. But at the same time we would see no lights there either. Or HT's on the more open maps. Or TD's on some maps etc. As most would pick the 5 based on the classes they like to play, more so then their hate for the maps. Making some maps have less classes vs some. Tossing the balance even more off if you will.

I could agree on one map. But only as a veto. As in if the MM allows it. If he sees no option for it, there is still a chance he might find it for you, but less chance to see it. And for me that would definitely be Highway. Stalingrad is 2nd on my list. But Pilsen and Paris etc is still workable for most tanks I play. And far from the worst. Those maps are just played bad by others more so then not.

Jahrakajin #10 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

Fun Police came by. You'd notice Thread got significantly shorter. Off Topic posts were removed. 

I think the Off Topic section is a great place to discuss recipes and cooking in general, so lets use it.

@On Topic. Vetoing maps sounds like the queue for entering a battle would take much more time. Dunno. :/

Philipp666 #11 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18188 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

No... this game has more pressing problems.

This Idea would screw the matchmaker even worse then the current model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users