I Wonder

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Juelsman #1 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23666 battles

i See them in every game players like this 

35 k games 45% win rate 42% hit rate 200 avg dmg 210 win8 150 EFF 2200 rating and 50% crew skills  

what fun is it to play tier 8-10 and know that you have no inpact on the game and you are on the wrong spot behind arty in your heavy tank and make 0 dmg 

Why is it so important to drive tier 10 when you do not understand the basics 

jack_timber #2 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles
Well I reckon for some they play shooting tanks for fun, after all it is a game. They are probably not interested in stats etc.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjack_timber, on 28 January 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

They are probably not interested in stats etc.

I'm not interested in stats, either. But I'm interested in winning, being somewhat good at what I do and not being a burden for other people around me.

I always wonder why those players don't simply stick to singleplayergames when they don't care about anything anyway. And I'd love to take a look into their heads (Eeeechooooo!) to understand how they can find playing at the level of a BOT "fun"...

View PostJuelsman, on 28 January 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Because they somehow think (?) that it's the goal of the game. Whenever I get into a discussion with one of those human bots, there is a 90% chance that they come up with the "No tX, noob!1"-argument. It's similar to how a member of this forum always brags with having over 60k matches played. In their delusion they really think (?) that owning a certain tank or simply the overall time spent in this game equals skill.

Edited by Jigabachi, 28 January 2018 - 12:56 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJuelsman, on 28 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

35 k games 45% win rate 42% hit rate 200 avg dmg 210 win8 150 EFF 2200 rating and 50% crew skills  

what fun is it to play tier 8-10 and know that you have no inpact on the game and you are on the wrong spot behind arty in your heavy tank and make 0 dmg 

You are making the assumption that they know they are wrong.  In their mind it's everyone else who can't play.

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18161 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

possibly it is partly to do with players on forums or streamers, or youtubers, extolling the virtues of TX, with tales off how wonderful it is, how they have reached the top of the game, and how good they are doing in their TX's. And there is so much advice on buying Premium time, Premium tanks, Premium ammo, how to skip the grind, that newer players get the idea that TX is the place to be, and they rush up the tiers, they buy T8 Premiums because they have been told they will earn the credits and XP, and joy of joy, those premiums will put them into TX battles, and once they do so, everything will be wonderful. 

The reality is, of course, somewhat different. 

So part of the problem is players that encourage, maybe unintentionally, new players to rush. Some of those players then moan because bad players took their advice or followed their examples.

Add to that WG advertising, and you can see, part of why there is this problem in game.

I know a player who started slowly but then read this forum, and a couple of others, and watched YT vids, and was convinced that the answer to  all the problems was to get a MAUS, because everyone was saying what a great tank it is, and how you cannot go wrong in it. So he got himself a MAUS. He loves it. He plays almost nothing but the Maus. He has <45% win rate in it. He drives forward had lets the enemy attack him, and he feels great because it takes a lot of shots to kill him. None of the clan will platoon with him anymore but he doesnt care. He has got to the same level as those who trumpeted the greatness of thattank. He has joined their ranks, and he doesnt care about stats one little bit, and he is having fun. I dont understand how he is but there you have an example of the power of players who hype certain tanks and tiers, and who make it look as if TX is the be all and end all of the game.

_LEO_ #6 Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 55385 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

View PostJuelsman, on 28 January 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

They are not playing, all BOTS that spent some money and WG doesn't want to ban them.

It's impossible to be so bad that you make one shot every 3rd game.

MaxxyNL #7 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles

Almost all bot accounts have 1 or more Premium tanks on it.

Selling Premium tanks makes Wargaming a sh*tload of money....

So.... don't expect Wargaming to ban these bot accounts.

It's sad, but that's why we will see more and more bot accounts in the future. :facepalm:

Mimos_A #8 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Well I reckon for some they play shooting tanks for fun, after all it is a game. They are probably not interested in stats etc.

It's a game indeed. And while I'm not a stat-whore, I really think if you sink that deep you're not actually playing the game. It's like you're playing Monopoly and just refuse to ever build anything on your streets, because you're "just having fun". A game has rules and an objective. Part of playing a game with others is that you at least try to play by the rules and try to achieve the objective.

Frostilicus #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22458 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
I would love to see a Co-operation mode implemented in WoT, who knows, it may prove to be a useful learning mode for some of these players -  the way my luck has been with randoms lately I'd switch to this mode in a hearbeat!

Edited by Frostilicus, 28 January 2018 - 02:16 PM.

_LEO_ #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 55385 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
If they don't want to ban paying BOTS then we should have xp/credit penalty, less then one damaging shot per game = zero XP and heavy credit penalty.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_LEO_, on 28 January 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

If they don't want to ban paying BOTS then we should have xp/credit penalty, less then one damaging shot per game = zero XP and heavy credit penalty.

You never have a bad match? Those blunderbuss tactics really don't work...

And why only caring for the symptoms and ignoring the root of all evil?

AliceUnchained #12 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

One does not have to be interested in stats to do well in game. It's the most common nonsense excuse bad players bring up to defend their inability to grasp basic game mechanics, and put in some effort to learn, to improve. One can be very much interested in performing, in winning, without caring much for the statistics behind it. For whatever reason you can't seem to distinguish, separate between the two.

Whichever way you look at it, WoT is a 15 vs 15 team based game with the goal to win the match. If neither appeals to someone, they shouldn't be playing this game in the first place. They should settle for games where they can do whatever they feel like without screwing over others in the same team.

_LEO_ #13 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 55385 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

View PostJigabachi, on 28 January 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

You never have a bad match? Those blunderbuss tactics really don't work...

And why only caring for the symptoms and ignoring the root of all evil?

Yes i had bad matches, and i'm willing to accept consequences for these matches. If i did nothing, i don't expect anything, especially if such measure would discourage/reduce BOT usage.

Edited by _LEO_, 28 January 2018 - 02:41 PM.

UserZer00 #14 Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9945 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 28 January 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

possibly it is partly to do with players on forums or streamers, or youtubers, extolling the virtues of TX, with tales off how wonderful it is, how they have reached the top of the game, and how good they are doing in their TX's. And there is so much advice on buying Premium time, Premium tanks, Premium ammo, how to skip the grind, that newer players get the idea that TX is the place to be, and they rush up the tiers, they buy T8 Premiums because they have been told they will earn the credits and XP, and joy of joy, those premiums will put them into TX battles, and once they do so, everything will be wonderful. 

The reality is, of course, somewhat different. 

So part of the problem is players that encourage, maybe unintentionally, new players to rush. Some of those players then moan because bad players took their advice or followed their examples.

Add to that WG advertising, and you can see, part of why there is this problem in game.

I know a player who started slowly but then read this forum, and a couple of others, and watched YT vids, and was convinced that the answer to  all the problems was to get a MAUS, because everyone was saying what a great tank it is, and how you cannot go wrong in it. So he got himself a MAUS. He loves it. He plays almost nothing but the Maus. He has <45% win rate in it. He drives forward had lets the enemy attack him, and he feels great because it takes a lot of shots to kill him. None of the clan will platoon with him anymore but he doesnt care. He has got to the same level as those who trumpeted the greatness of thattank. He has joined their ranks, and he doesnt care about stats one little bit, and he is having fun. I dont understand how he is but there you have an example of the power of players who hype certain tanks and tiers, and who make it look as if TX is the be all and end all of the game.

So. If I understand what you're saying you suggest I grid to the Maus?

OK. Thanks!

Jigabachi #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_LEO_, on 28 January 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Yes i had bad matches, and i'm willing to accept consequences for these matches. If i did nothing, i don't expect anything, especially if such measure would discourage/reduce BOT usage.

It wouldn't. Those players already get close to no rewards already.

unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18161 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostUserZer00, on 28 January 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

So. If I understand what you're saying you suggest I grid to the Maus?

OK. Thanks!

If you want and feel the need to.

I have never played the Maus, so I have no idea how good or bad it is. I was just giving an example of how some players get influenced by what other players say about the game.

Of course if you want to be clever and twist words then fine, but dont be one of those complaining about bad players in top tanks if all you can do is try and belittle another players observations. If my observation is wrong, then please explain why, but as I said, this is one possible element in the cause of the problem that some players highlight. 

UserZer00 #17 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9945 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 28 January 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

If you want and feel the need to.

I have never played the Maus, so I have no idea how good or bad it is. I was just giving an example of how some players get influenced by what other players say about the game.

Of course if you want to be clever and twist words then fine, but dont be one of those complaining about bad players in top tanks if all you can do is try and belittle another players observations. If my observation is wrong, then please explain why, but as I said, this is one possible element in the cause of the problem that some players highlight. 

Be clever, yes

Twist words, no

Belittle another, no

Find your observation wrong, no

Using peronal humor to agree with your opion, yes

G01ngToxicCommand0 #18 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostJuelsman, on 28 January 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Because grinding to a tier 10 vehicle is the only purpose of this game.

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11067 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
qpranger liked the post, thought he was send to serve in WOT servers?

G01ngToxicCommand0 #20 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 28 January 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

One does not have to be interested in stats to do well in game. It's the most common nonsense excuse bad players bring up to defend their inability to grasp basic game mechanics, and put in some effort to learn, to improve. One can be very much interested in performing, in winning, without caring much for the statistics behind it. For whatever reason you can't seem to distinguish, separate between the two.

Whichever way you look at it, WoT is a 15 vs 15 team based game with the goal to grind to tier 10. If neither appeals to someone, they shouldn't be playing this game in the first place. They should settle for games where they can do whatever they feel like without screwing over others in the same team.

FTFY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users