Cheater

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

TheOnlyMagician #1 Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20358 battles

Hi all, 

Please take a look at the following replay, and suggest if it is definitely a hack or he is just that good to snipe from 400m away a unspotted amx 1390 at full speed.

http://wotreplays.eu...ician-amx_13_90

Time of destruction 6m 49sec, I suggest you watch from 6th minute for the action in question, or watch full for a fun game with disappointment because of a cheater.

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostTheOnlyMagician, on 28 January 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Hi all, 

Please take a look at the following replay, and suggest if it is definitely a hack or he is just that good to snipe from 400m away a unspotted amx 1390 at full speed.

http://wotreplays.eu...ician-amx_13_90

Time of destruction 6m 49sec, I suggest you watch from 6th minute for the action in question, or watch full for a fun game with disappointment because of a cheater.

You could have been killed before your 6th had a chance to react. You had just come over a hill.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Hi all, 

I suspect you were spotted. And no I've not seen the replay for one simple reason based on your claim. As his client don't get info from un-spotted targets from the server. Thus no "hack" can show where you were if you are not spotted, or what direction you move. As hacks are simply mods showing hidden info they get from the server. They can't show info they don't get. And if you die before the 3 seconds are up. Then the commander is not alive to let his skill work.

And if you played 16K games thinking cheats can do that? Well...

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 January 2018 - 04:09 PM.

TheWarrener #4 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2244 battles
How do you have 16k games and still ask questions like that, my God 

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
He either moved into the city and killed you while sitting with a camo net or your 6th sense didn't have a chance to go off and he spotted you with binocs.

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17926 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
Looked to me like he hit you from in town rather than 400m away, and you were possibly still spotted from your last kill, so it wouldn't have needed a hack, just a good/lucky shot. Could be wrong of course, but that is how it looked to me.

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

Ultimate haxxor hackcheat MOD thingie obviously... Case closed, no need for anyone to waste any more time on this. And no, I did not bother watching the replay. Whenever the special snowflake creating the thread more or less hints at cheats already, there's no point to it.

@Moderators: lock and junk please.

VsUK #8 Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I think WG should make sixth sense trigger even after you died before it was due to trigger, no exceptions. Because it would really rule out a lot of claims that someone was cheating to be able to know where you are & when to shoot even though you appeared to not be detected. It will also rule in the possibility of cheats. So making sixth sense trigger 3 seconds or however long it is even if your dead would be a good thing. Would remove a lot of doubt which I even call into question. Being sat in a med in the thick of woods. Allied tanks all around be so no way any enemy tank can creep up on me & poof, tap tap tap dead from a tvp 50/51 & no sixth sense. Probably because I died quicker than the 3 seconds, but would have been good to know to be sure!

MaxxyNL #9 Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11097 battles

with disappointment because of a cheater.

:facepalm:

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVsUK, on 28 January 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

I think WG should make sixth sense trigger even after you died before it was due to trigger, no exceptions. Because it would really rule out a lot of claims that someone was cheating to be able to know where you are & when to shoot even though you appeared to not be detected. It will also rule in the possibility of cheats. So making sixth sense trigger 3 seconds or however long it is even if your dead would be a good thing. Would remove a lot of doubt which I even call into question. Being sat in a med in the thick of woods. Allied tanks all around be so no way any enemy tank can creep up on me & poof, tap tap tap dead from a tvp 50/51 & no sixth sense. Probably because I died quicker than the 3 seconds, but would have been good to know to be sure!

Love when this guy comes and comments on "HAXXOR CHEATZES!" threads.

Edit: Watched the replay. Most likely spotted by the Mauschen in town as you ran past, since you were moving so fast you may have passed the opening before a spotting check was performed resulting in you not spotting him.

There is no "cheat" in this game which can give access to the locations of unspotted enemies. This information is not shared by the server.

Edited by RamRaid90, 28 January 2018 - 09:11 PM.

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostRamRaid90, on 28 January 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Hang on a sec. How did that TVP 50/51 fire 3 rounds in less than 3 seconds hmm?

View PostVsUK, on 28 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

poof, tap tap tap dead from a tvp 50/51 & no sixth sense

Explain that eh?

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAliceUnchained, on 28 January 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hang on a sec. How did that TVP 50/51 fire 3 rounds in less than 3 seconds hmm?

Explain that eh?

Maybe because unloading 3 shells from TVP takes exactly 3 seconds, its also likely one of those shells killed his commander and during the mayhem he did not notice. Something Captain Cross-eyed would have understood if he were to look.

Edited by RamRaid90, 28 January 2018 - 09:19 PM.

AliceUnchained #13 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 38126 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostRamRaid90, on 28 January 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Maybe because unloading 3 shells from TVP takes exactly 3 seconds, its also likely one of those shells killed his commander and during the mayhem he did not notice. Something Captain Cross-eyed would have understood if he were to look.

Meh, I erroneously assumed the intra-clip reload would be the same as the Tier IX (which I recently acquired after a long and horrendous TVT VTU grind) at 1.8 sec. Checking tanks.gg I now see it's 1.5 sec for the Tier X. Still wouldn't allow for it to fire 3 rounds within 3 seconds though... Still, I wasn't actually being serious about the IsUK post.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAliceUnchained, on 28 January 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Meh, I erroneously assumed the intra-clip reload would be the same as the Tier IX (which I recently acquired after a long and horrendous TVT VTU grind) at 1.8 sec. Checking tanks.gg I now see it's 1.5 sec for the Tier X. Still wouldn't allow for it to fire 3 rounds within 3 seconds though... Still, I wasn't actually being serious about the IsUK post.

No it wouldn't be within 3 seconds, but as I said, it's likely his commander was dead which would prevent the activation of the sixth sense.

Or another common one is taking multiple damage hits and them being merged into one. Sometimes resulting in it seeming as though aBulldog hit you for 1,000 damage when in fact you were hit from multiple sources.

All problems with 6th sense are caused by faulty mods or mods which haven't been correctly updated after a patch however.

Edit: And I didn't think you were serious, I know you're not stupid.

Edited by RamRaid90, 28 January 2018 - 09:36 PM.

Aikl #15 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Actually sort of sensible, but it would do literally nothing for determining if someone cheats. Blindshots are still a possibility, and not uncommon when most tanks have more than enough ammo. A KV-2 with nothing better to do in the next 25s might as well shoot blind. There's literally zero possibility of extracting the position of non-spotted enemies from the data the client gets.

Technically it might be "possible" to literally hack the server, but I don't see someone spending that much effort on it. You could also make a case for something easier, like information sharing. One current example of a legal implementation of this is XVM's XMQP, which allows information to be shared with team players with said mod enabled  - from what I can gather it's used for sharing information about player status (spotted, overturned, on fire etc) and to gather information for the HP bar (I believe you don't know the HP of a tank outside the draw circle).

Tidal_Force #16 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I actually think that's a good idea.

I didn't think it would ever happen, but I think VsUK actually once said something sensible.

View PostRamRaid90, on 28 January 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

Edit: Watched the replay. Most likely spotted by the Mauschen in town as you ran past, since you were moving so fast you may have passed the opening before a spotting check was performed resulting in you not spotting him.

There is no "cheat" in this game which can give access to the locations of unspotted enemies. This information is not shared by the server.

Weird thing is, this time he actually makes a good suggestion. 6th sense triggering after you die would definitely decrease number of threads like this one. Knowing WG they would probably screw something up and for a while it would trigger when only your commander is dead too, but barring that possibility it's IMO a good idea.

RamRaid90 #17 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTidal_Force, on 28 January 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

I actually think that's a good idea.

I didn't think it would ever happen, but I think VsUK actually once said something sensible.

Weird thing is, this time he actually makes a good suggestion. 6th sense triggering after you die would definitely decrease number of threads like this one. Knowing WG they would probably screw something up and for a while it would trigger when only your commander is dead too, but barring that possibility it's IMO a good idea.

But is it a good suggestion?

These threads are created by people who lack any form of rational thought.  Even when the undeniable truth is presented before them they still argue they're right.

These people don't need facts, they need feels.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20671 battles

If you happen to get killed before the 6th sense is activated then it doesn't go off and this can happen when your hp is reduced to 1 shot and the enemy tank happens have his gun lined up pretty much straight at you the moment you get spotted and destroys you almost instantly... within that 3 seconds pre-alert time or however long it is. 

It actually happens me in this replay and I thought nothing about it tbh. Jump to 7:50 of the replay and you will see me get demolished by a tank that was clearly aiming right at my direction before he spotted me and so my 6th sense never goes off.

commer #19 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38081 battles
Jesus if a lightning strikes you in real life you will go to church and scream at priests god is using hacks. FFs even the most unlikely events happen. That is why they are called unlikely not impossible. 

Tidal_Force #20 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRamRaid90, on 28 January 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

But is it a good suggestion?

These threads are created by people who lack any form of rational thought.  Even when the undeniable truth is presented before them they still argue they're right.

These people don't need facts, they need feels.

Would also let you distinguish between blind fire and being spotted.

Also tagged with Cheater

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users