29 replies to this topic

Lomion_EU #21 Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35557 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 29 January 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

No. XP only.

You don't know that it's  XP only for a fact, as WG don't publish the credit calc formula - anecdotally, when I shoot higher tiered tanks I make more money.  And of course, you earn nothing of your shell fails to pen.

Even if it isn't the likelihood of your premium shot doing full damage vs tanks with more hitpoints is higher and you get more credits for doing 240 per shot than you do when shooting lower tier tanks with fewer HP which may mean that you actually do less damage.

Edited by Lomion_EU, 29 January 2018 - 11:28 AM.

jabster #22 Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostLomion_EU, on 29 January 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

You don't know that it's  XP only for a fact, as WG don't publish the credit calc formula - anecdotally, when I shoot higher tiered tanks I make more money.  And of course, you earn nothing of your shell fails to pen.

Even if it isn't the likelihood of your premium shot doing full damage vs tanks with more hitpoints is higher and you get more credits for doing 240 per shot than you do when shooting lower tier tanks with fewer HP which may mean that you actually do less damage.

There’s was a Q&A a long time ago where WG said that credit earning is independent of tier difference. Sorry, no link.

TungstenHitman #23 Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21352 battles

Not sure about that one. I suppose of you also get rained on by unfavorable map rotations in which it can't really do what we know it can do but that... there ain't much to complain about when you have a tier6 tank that carries a Romulan cloaking device, beyond maximum view range levels of range, 1.6 aim time(which is a damn lie tbh), 240 alpha AND best of all, wait for it... gold ammo that gives, lol, an INSANE 243 pen!! 

Now that said I haven't used my own HC much for a long time and I'm not sure why that is, I wouldn't have a problem with being at the worst possible end of the MM scale BUT, maybe it is indeed this mostly urban maps and Mines and Ensk that stops me from enjoying the ol HC like I used to... but to that end, this was the reason I totally abandoned all turretless TDs and TDs as a whole along with 90% of my light tanks. The game has gone towards the way of heavies and superheavies  so as former big time TD and LT player I had to basically change out all my former favorite tanks and took on fast mediums, autoloaders and tanks with a little more armor and versatility to be in some way competitive when drawn on these typical 9 times out of 10 maps we get now. Gotta let go of the passed, I prefer the older map rotation and almost 50/50 split between urban and open maps but it is what it is and you have to play to todays requirements or suffer. 

Kirk_Helmet #24 Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36988 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO
How can Hellcat meet tier 8 tanks all the time while tier 8 tanks only get thrown into tier 10 games? :P

undutchable80 #25 Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7011 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 29 January 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

How can Hellcat meet tier 8 tanks all the time while tier 8 tanks only get thrown into tier 10 games? :P

I wonder the same when driving my T8 in T10 games lol

UrQuan #26 Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKirk_Helmet, on 29 January 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Population disparity + the template. You only need 3 toptier T8 tanks for a bottomtier T6 game. Main issue for the problematic template is also that T7 & T9 are played less in comparision & you need 5 of them for midtier template & 7 of them for bottomtier, hence these tiers don't land bottomtier as much (because not enough). Not to mention that T8 has alot of pref MM tanks, so your regular T8 MM has even less chance to get better Mm then bottomtier (still happens tho, just very little)

Hence you end up with T6 seeing alot of T8, because the T8 tanks all need their turns for toptier & the're alot of those playing & you can only satisfy 3 with the preferred 7-5-3 template. rest of the T8 tanks (non pref MM) get to enjoy TX because not enough T9 are playing & not enough T7. Both of these are likely used up for the pref MM T8 tanks who get either 5 T9 tanks, draining the T9 tank resource, or see 3 T9 tanks & 7 T7 tanks, draining that resource, leaving not much for the regular T8 tanks to play with.

Do note there's also a 3-3-9 template, that puts less strain on the T7 & T9 tank pools (I usually see this template with T8 tanks, so you get a match with 9 T8 tanks, 3 T9 & 3 TX)

Edited by UrQuan, 29 January 2018 - 12:14 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #27 Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 25212 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostLomion_EU, on 29 January 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Well the battle mechanics section of the wiki clearly shows a table of formulae on multipliers seen here http://wiki.wargamin...nce_and_Credits

wiki is often outdated but there has been no patch that changed the credit multipliers. if you shoot and pen a tier 6 with your tier 6 and roll 300 it will give the same credits as shooting 300 on a tier 8 tank all other things being equal.

I would need convincing otherwise.

Dru_UK #28 Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostOOAndreasOO, on 28 January 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Dear WG, if you think to do an intelligent step putting Hellcat always against tier VIII...well, you are very far from truth.

You just eliminate a fun-to-play tank by game.

Ask yourself why no more Hellcats played?.

Very stupid idea WG...very stupid idea!

I played many HC games over the weekend, say 40-50. only about 4 or 5 was against T8....

oh and in that T8 game, I killed an IS3 frontally......

Edited by Dru_UK, 29 January 2018 - 01:17 PM.

Kirk_Helmet #29 Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36988 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

View PostUrQuan, on 29 January 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Population disparity + the template. You only need 3 toptier T8 tanks for a bottomtier T6 game. Main issue for the problematic template is also that T7 & T9 are played less in comparision & you need 5 of them for midtier template & 7 of them for bottomtier, hence these tiers don't land bottomtier as much (because not enough). Not to mention that T8 has alot of pref MM tanks, so your regular T8 MM has even less chance to get better Mm then bottomtier (still happens tho, just very little)

Hence you end up with T6 seeing alot of T8, because the T8 tanks all need their turns for toptier & the're alot of those playing & you can only satisfy 3 with the preferred 7-5-3 template. rest of the T8 tanks (non pref MM) get to enjoy TX because not enough T9 are playing & not enough T7. Both of these are likely used up for the pref MM T8 tanks who get either 5 T9 tanks, draining the T9 tank resource, or see 3 T9 tanks & 7 T7 tanks, draining that resource, leaving not much for the regular T8 tanks to play with.

Do note there's also a 3-3-9 template, that puts less strain on the T7 & T9 tank pools (I usually see this template with T8 tanks, so you get a match with 9 T8 tanks, 3 T9 & 3 TX)

Wow man, thanks for the effort put in your explanation :great:

Truth is I know what the problem is and I was just kidding but still to be honest I liked the previous MM more than what we have now and WG should either:

- fix tier 8 and platoons MM

- or stick a note to every tier 8 tank in the premium shop: "+50% credits and experience earned, +60% tier X games"

Of course it is not that bad if you're really experienced and/or play in a support tank but still it would be nice if we could see at least the 5-10 matches more often and I don't mean those with 5 tier IX tanks ;)

ecefec #30 Posted 29 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 46728 battles
  • [LVTD] LVTD
I love tier 8 games with Hellcat :) its beter then be a top tier.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users