Weekly map ratings.

statistics survey komarin rewards moms spaghetti bolognese with olive oil

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

I know similar ideas have been suggested hundreds of times, even now we have another "Veto map" thread and the threads are getting more popular with each corridor map released.

So my idea here, is just to gather statistics with simple surveys you can, but don't have to partake in. We already have the latest "GREAT OMG DEALS" popping-in every once in a while, so why not a survey you can just decline once in a while?

(TL;DR) So to the point; a pop-up similar to the latest deal, when you log into the garage, pops up asking you to give a +1 to a map. You get one choice and it doesen't take gamemodes into the account, as you can disable those anytime you want. At the end of the week, another pop up will inform you about the results with all the +1s from all the players, that have voted for a map.

You also recieve a small reward for voting, as to encourage people to vote. Let's say, 5 automatic Fire extinguishers? :trollface:

Now I have multiple variants in mind here, that can be used;

-the original +1 per single map per player

-a tri-choice +1, vote for three maps you adored that week

-negative system -1 per single map per player, vote for a map you hate

-a positive/negative system, pick a map to +1 and then pick a map to give a -1 to. The bars in the poll results would be split between green/red or green/violet.

What would happen with these statistics?

I am absolutely NOT suggesting removing maps, altough I'd love to see a few of them gone.

The map, that wins every week is going to appear more often by, let's say 10%, or less, or more. Let's leave the numbers part to the devs.

If, let's say, Karelia wins, then it won't appear as an option in the survey for the rest of the month. Wargaming could also see this way, what kind of a map would people prefer to see in the future, by the maps that appear the most. They'll also see what maps we absolutely despise, as they'll never get into the tops and the map on the bottom will get a 5% less chance to appear, for example.

The benefit of this system is, that you may get a chance to play less corridor maps and you'll play the whole playerbase's most hated map less often.

Wargaming will also get statistics on what players like and will hopefully adjust when they'll be tweaking maps/will be adding new maps.

For example; I've always wondered why was Komarin removed, as I didn't see that many people complain about it here on the forums, as they've complained about Paris. And Paris is still here, while Komarin go buttrekt. I've also never seen people complain about Pearl River and only a bit complained about Dragon Ridge - both were removed, instead of tweaked.

I for one loved the hills on Pearl River :)

Anyways, your opinions, NAU

Derethim #2 Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles
bump

bitslice #3 Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21680 battles

View PostDerethim, on 28 January 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

They'll also see what maps we absolutely despise,

That's why - WG's useless map designers are not going to open themselves up to public feedback,

remember how they lost their collective shite when Foch told them the truth, and then responded with what they saw as a considered and appropriate carpet bombing of the community

WG don't give a flying monkey nuts for anyone's opinion.

Edited by bitslice, 29 January 2018 - 02:10 AM.

Aikl #4 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I presume Wargaming literally makes maps that are popular with the vast majority of players. Making the playerbase able to dictate what maps are more or less popular would be even worse than it currently is. Apart from that - good idea. :P

250swb #5 Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yeah I know, it's the maps I tell's ya, it's always the maps!

On the other hand you could try to understand life isn't simple, you can't always have what you want, and this game isn't made entirely for you.

Derethim #6 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16426 battles

View Post250swb, on 28 January 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

What does that have to do with the post? I take constructive criticism, but your reply fails to mention "the whys" as to why you don't agree with my idea.

A pathetic attempt at trolling.

HundeWurst #7 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67552 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
The problem is: I would need to downvote like 20 maps.

evilchaosmonkey #8 Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16539 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Nice idea, but have a feeling it would back fire significantly for the more, shall we say, 'intelligent' player.

Tonks is designed not for you or I, but for the majority - who as you already know, aren't the sharpest knives in the box.

WG themselves say it's designed for the 40 something Dad who'll play an hour a day.

And that's the problem. 

All the votes will end up (IMO) on the very maps we hate, those where you have to sit and bounce shells at other tanks straight ahead of you.

A far more satisfying solution (in my opinion) would be to form a lynch mob, fly to wherever the map designers are and strangle the little sods.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 28 January 2018 - 11:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users