Why you shouldn't be toxic in chat.

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

logaritmusnaturalis #1 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1703 battles

For all you know the guy that's playing like crap and making a lot of mistakes, including the most enraging one which is blocking you, is just an old grandpa who recently lost his wife and who is playing to make time pass and have something to do besides grieving. Or it's a stressed out kid with very though home situation who finds an escape playing the game. 

This the reason I think twice now and don't crapon obviously bad players since they could belong to above category, at worst i'll type "ffs", "what are you doing!?", no more.  

If it's fellow tryhard, which you can see on their clantags, tanks marks, and how the generally play. I'm generally much less inconsiderate when I criticize them, they should know better, but I avoid flaming.

I personally don't care if people flame me most of the time, unless If it's an obvious dumbass who has done crapthe entire game who tries to flame me and blame it on me, then I get triggered and just blacklist, I don't respond, because if you are toxic once chances are you'll be toxic more times. 

Top tip to avoid flaming yet venting out at the same time, type all the crapyou feel like typing, all the most edited crapyou really wanna say and then just press ESC. 

I'm about as toxic and raging as you can get, but i've stopped letting it go over others. 

Don't be toxic guys. 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 29 January 2018 - 06:35 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

commer #2 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles
Jesus you must be getting a lot of crapfor that rerol :P

blacky3443 #3 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 65438 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Never am, I just rage quit and play another tank ;) 

Don't see the point of giving other players crap in chat. I just shout at my monitor.........

logaritmusnaturalis #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1703 battles

View Postblacky3443, on 29 January 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Never am, I just rage quit and play another tank ;) 

Yeah this a better thing to do. 

bitslice #5 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22757 battles

I think you need to address this to the non English players

Whenever I've had grief in PMs, if we share a common language then its usually possible to discuss what went wrong in that game.

flaming is just to vent frustration, it's helpful to talk.

TheComfyChair #6 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7612 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have my imaginary friend who sits next to me and he agrees with all my rants. :deer:

xx984 #7 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55023 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

I do sometimes.

Most of the times it takes alot to not be toxic :P i try not to but sometimes i cant help but get pissed off at people doing stuff like you said, mainly blocking gets on my nerves. If they apologise or say sorry, during the game or even after the game i couldn't care less and will probably apologise myself for getting triggered at them.

Mistakes happen, They're only human (apart from 30% of the WoT 'player'base who seem to be bots :hiding:) it can just be rather annoying when it could possibly [edited]your mark up as well

Edweird #8 Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9664 battles
I think flaming is a totally valid and healthy, in fact it is an act of kindness.

The trick is to be inventive with insults and retorts.

Words such as nincompoop are quite effective.

I'm so sick of seeing 'go play tetris/barbie.

My response is that I do play tetris and I'm rather good at it tyvm.

Also I'm trying to get the newest version of hello kitty for pc.

I have no way of knowing who is at the other keyboard and I wouldn't assume the best or most sympathetic view you stated in the op.

Ive been to Tank fest and met the people who play this game.

Edited by discontinued, 29 January 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 25942 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK
Dildo socket

View Postdiscontinued, on 29 January 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

I think flaming is a totally valid and healthy, in fact it is an act of kindness.

The trick is to be inventive with insults and retorts.

Words such as nincompoop are quite effective.

I'm so sick of seeing 'go play tetris/barbie.

My response is that I do play tetris and I'm rather good at it tyvm.

Also I'm trying to get the newest version of hello kitty for pc.

I have no way of knowing who is at the other keyboard and I wouldn't assume the best or most sympathetic view you stated in the op.

Ive been to Tank fest and met the people who play this game.

I quite like minglord and dildo socket lately.

Vossil #10 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17186 battles

A few examples why I tend to get toxic:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sometimes it just boggles the mind how some people reached Tier X let alone Tier VIII.

There isn't a single game out there that makes me rage more than WoT.

edit: No idea why all of a sudden the spoiler thing doesn't work anymore.

Edited by Vossil, 29 January 2018 - 06:01 PM.

hedi2222 #11 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 30455 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Over time i try to be more and more considerate and all but some people seriously have no excuse to be playing at a crappy level in higher and higher tiers. Though i dont even bother to rage anymore unless its Extreme. after all , it's just a game...

VsUK #12 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
I miss being able to pick fights with the enemy on comms.

malachi6 #13 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49918 battles

View PostVossil, on 29 January 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

A few examples why I tend to get toxic:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sometimes it just boggles the mind how some people reached Tier X let alone Tier VIII.

There isn't a single game out there that makes me rage more than WoT.

edit: No idea why all of a sudden the spoiler thing doesn't work anymore.

The main thing going on here is you using someone else' behaviour to excuse you own.  No one forces you to type what you do.  No one compels you to be toxic.  That is all you.  Oddly, while the people you are attacking have no idea they are being poor players.  You have full knowledge of your behaviour.  Which makes your behaviour also hypocritical.  BUt then I am sure you are already aware of this.  As your special power is being able to detect poor behaviour in people.

Jigabachi #14 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The vast majority of the bad players are just morons. It's as simple as that. And even respect and consideration have their limits, so I stopped thinking about what poor soul might be hiding behind that screen.
But - and this is the important part - instead of raging at them, try to educate them. If I'm in the mood and if I witnessed very poor gameplay in a match, I send a message to every below average player. It's critical but honest and constructive, so it really helps separating pondlife from borderline normal and educated people, because the former will just throw random braindead crap at you while the latter actually allow somerhing close to a discussion to happen.
And every now and then, you even find somebody who is willing to listen.

If everyone (especially looking at our dear unicorns) would do something like that instead of just raging or ignoring, the game would be a lot nicer place.

Edweird #15 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9664 battles

I find it best to mess with people's heads when the rage starts I purposefully decide to play like a total moron. I quite enjoy trying to make someone turn blue.

It's quite a hard skill to develop to wind someone up that badly.

Block shots and try to anticipate when they're about to fire.

Also trying to get pushed off bridges and into water is always enjoyable.

Classic techniques are camping on the red line in a light tank and capping to early.

Ps I really like the insults 

Dildosocket and minglord I may have to steal these at some point 

Another old school one I used a lot in the past was ar$e half and pretard 

Ty

Vossil #16 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17186 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 29 January 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

The main thing going on here is you using someone else' behaviour to excuse you own.  No one forces you to type what you do.  No one compels you to be toxic.  That is all you.  Oddly, while the people you are attacking have no idea they are being poor players.  You have full knowledge of your behaviour.  Which makes your behaviour also hypocritical.  BUt then I am sure you are already aware of this.  As your special power is being able to detect poor behaviour in people.

Perhaps not, but its a good vent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

evilchaosmonkey #17 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Still think they should introduce my idea of mandatory all metal keyboards with, of course, the ability to send 240v AC remotely to the recipient by popular post game vote.

Far more efficient than toxic typing and ultimately a benefit to humanity's DNA pool.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 29 January 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Still think they should introduce my idea of mandatory all metal keyboards with, of course, the ability to send 240v AC remotely to the recipient by popular post game vote.

Far more efficient than toxic typing and ultimately a benefit to humanity's DNA pool.

Well. Maybe that would make people stop wishing cancer to other people. "I hope you get electrocuted!" souds way less mean.

Schepel #19 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59781 battles
I absolutely reserve the right to be toxic towards people who used bot/afk tactics to get to TX and proceed to park their super heavy in a corner in order to moan about the poor win chances projected by xvm. I specifically learned choice German 'compliments' to do so.

h4ctor #20 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16457 battles
be toxic,its better for your health to release the anger instead of keeping it inside

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users