Panther

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Danpipek #1 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1354 battles
Guys PLEASE, do something with that freaking Panther I and Panther II, u can not play with Panther I vs tier IX tanks its impossible to play vs tier VIII, this tank alfa is so weak that im almost crying, not speaking about armor. In history this tank was Edited KING of battlefield, in this freaking game this tank do crap. You must play it like support tank and when your main tanks in team are destroyed u are Edited , u literary cant do a crapagainst them. Im trying to get to E50 M, i realy love the game, but this is disgusting. Im so pissed that i almost stoped playing the game. Only thing that holds me is that i donated to this game...

Edited by Asklepi0s, 29 January 2018 - 07:27 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Chuwt #2 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23289 battles

It is the sad fact that most of the tanks that really fought WW2 are underpowered and rarely seen, compared to the made up tanks of WoT.

lord_chipmonk #3 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33206 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Been a while since I played the Panther, but I liked enough to keep it. As for the Panther 2, grinding through it atm, and no it isn't great. Has a reasonable gun, but everything else sucks. 

JocMeister #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21748 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDanpipek, on 29 January 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Guys PLEASE, do something with that freaking Panther I and Panther II, u can not play with Panther I vs tier IX tanks its impossible to play vs tier VIII, this tank alfa is so weak that im almost crying, not speaking about armor. In history this tank was Edited  KING of battlefield, in this freaking game this tank do crap. You must play it like support tank and when your main tanks in team are destroyed u are Edited , u literary cant do a crapagainst them. Im trying to get to E50 M, i realy love the game, but this is disgusting. Im so pissed that i almost stoped playing the game. Only thing that holds me is that i donated to this game...

Its a "you problem". You have done what is called "rushed the tiers" and are now playing on a tier that is way too high for you. Go back to tier 5 and practice there until you understand the basics of the game.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 29 January 2018 - 07:28 PM.

Browarszky #5 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15936 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

If you want to play Panther a tier lower get a VK 30.02 (M) instead.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G96_VK3002M

_EXODUZ_ #6 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Really nice tanks, I see no problem with them. Especially Panther on Tier 7, the way that gun sings is awesome, so punchy and responsive.

EltvilleTiger #7 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20979 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Panther-I is a good tank.  Gotta play it like a true MT and get that long barreled gun.  If your stats are real and you have less than 1k of battles, your skills are just not good enough for higher tiers in my opinion.  You won't like the E50M because you'll get owned due to lack of experience in top tiers... then you'll complain that the E50M needs to be buffed.  The E50M is a nice tank but it is not the best tierX MT in my opinion....   you should take your time and practice, practice, practice.   

samuelx43a #8 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21389 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

wut? panther and panther II bad tanks?

please, while you don't get the best alpha tier-for-tier, you get prolly the best pen of all the meds at 198. the tank is also quite mobila, and it is a dengerous sniper if you let the gun sing, as they say.

panther II now with it's top gun is up there with the top pen of tgier VIII meds, only thing surpassing are the primo victoria and lorr series.

they are definitevily not bad tanks, I enjoyed playing them!

shane73tank #9 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27312 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostDanpipek, on 29 January 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

Guys PLEASE, do something with that freaking Panther I and Panther II, u can not play with Panther I vs tier IX tanks its impossible to play vs tier VIII, this tank alfa is so weak that im almost crying, not speaking about armor. In history this tank was Edited KING of battlefield, in this freaking game this tank do crap. You must play it like support tank and when your main tanks in team are destroyed u are Edited , u literary cant do a crapagainst them. Im trying to get to E50 M, i realy love the game, but this is disgusting. Im so pissed that i almost stoped playing the game. Only thing that holds me is that i donated to this game...

please take this the right way, you will have more fun if you stick to tier 5 for now,  try and get a positive win rate and do at least your tanks hp in damage.  I did the same thing you are doing and rushed tiers, then I admitted I needed to learn to myself and dropped back to tier 5 and only started moving back up slowly, there are some really fun t5 tanks and there are some even nicer people out there if you ask for help sincerely

you will enjoy the game more - that’s gotta be a good thing , right . 

arthurwellsley #10 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I really enjoyed the vk 32.02(m) on tier VI which is a great tank at tier VI. In addition it is almost closer in game terms to what a Panther would have been in real life (also it mets other tier VIs such as; Sherman M4A3E8, Sherman Firefly, Cromwell and Heavy Tank no.VI).

Panther and Panther II I enjoyed less. At the time what I found difficult about them was a lack of gun depression. Has this been buffed at all in the last couple of years?. But then every line needs a challenge, and I enjoyed playing through the e50 to gain the e50M.

spuriousmonkey #11 Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42857 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Panther II isn't that bad. I played it recently and it did pretty ok even in tier 10 games. It's not like you can brawl against tier 9s or 10s, but it does some things reasonably well.

Panther and panther II are just sooooo ugly with those long fantasy guns. Could WG please cut them in half. That would look better.

Edited by spuriousmonkey, 29 January 2018 - 07:47 PM.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Guys PLEASE, do something with that freaking Panther I and Panther II, u can not play with Panther I vs tier IX tanks its impossible to play vs tier VIII, this tank alfa is so weak that im almost crying, not speaking about armor.

They are support meds and flankers. Not front line brawlers. If their tier 9 HT's can hit you. You are to far up, or your team has already died .

In history this tank was Edited KING of battlefield, in this freaking game this tank do crap.

So was the Tiger. Because they faced mostly Sherman's and other tanks that are mostly tier 5 and 6 here in the game. Not IS-3's, T29, O-Ni, UDES or T95's. Then again, once the Pershing appeared his dominance was less so. Showing that given time, Kings fall to. It's gun did short work of the Panther with their 90mm. The most famous one is the duel at the cathedral. Panther did not pen it, but he did deform the Pershing's gun shield a bit. And it destroyed the gun shield of a Sherman so much that he lost parts of it. And the Pershing here.. is tier 8. And the sooner you realize that you won't be top tier alone vs just tier 5's like the Germans did early on during the war more or less. The better it is.

You must play it like support tank and when your main tanks in team are destroyed u are Edited , u literary cant do a crapagainst them. Im trying to get to E50 M, i realy love the game, but this is disgusting. Im so pissed that i almost stoped playing the game. Only thing that holds me is that i donated to this game...

It seems you want all tanks to be brawlers. And that's your demise I suspect. Tanks come in different roles in this game. Not many tanks do all of them equally well. German meds are mostly support meds. As they are known for their high accuracy and not DPM. Russian meds are brawlers, as their guns don't have dispersion to be effective at long range etc. But their gun works great close up etc. Just as some HT's are. Just because they have a HT icon, don't mean they work up front. Most HT are more meds then brawlers.

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 January 2018 - 09:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users