Fix the matchmaking already for the love of GOD!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dark_dumah #1 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2617 battles

WOT staff, you have a game that came out in 2011 in the EU, for the love of God it's been years since the game is out, please fix the matchmaking system already. The match-up should not be more than +1 tier ever!!!. Tanks that are 2 tiers lower cannot stand a change against +2 tier tanks and relying on your high tier team members is a gamble at best. To avoid this i urge you to balance this game already it's been 7 years. +2 tier tanks have double your health and almost double everything from view range to armor, to pen and alpha dmg. It's just not fun to play in these kind of match-ups where you are at a clear disadvantage trying to run from +2 tier vehicles and hope your top tier allies can deal with them.

+1 would work best for everyone, 1 tier above is not that bad, and even when there are less people online during the night you could pair people in smaller matches like a 5v5, or 10v10, if there are not enough +1 tiers online instead of automatically going for +2 tier games.

I hope you at least consider doing some changes because some games with the current MM don't make any sense at all. I would imagine that they can't be enjoyable for most people.

Stat_Padder #2 Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37045 battles
Nice 1st post..... a MM whine :child:

Balc0ra #3 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postdark_dumah, on 29 January 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

WOT staff, you have a game that came out in 2011 in the EU, for the love of God it's been years since the game is out, please fix the matchmaking system already.

Back then a tier 5 KV tank or the tier 6 VK 3001 P faced tier X's and E100's. So I suspect it's been improved since 2011. What's your point? Heck the tier 5 ELC had +5 MM when most scouts here had +3.

The match-up should not be more than +1 tier ever!!!. Tanks that are 2 tiers lower cannot stand a change against +2 tier tanks and relying on your high tier team members is a gamble at best. To avoid this i urge you to balance this game already it's been 7 years. +2 tier tanks have double your health and almost double everything from view range to armor, to pen and alpha dmg.

My Cromwell can use camo and view range to bully tier 8 HT's in the open without getting spotted. So he can do vs tier 8 mediums if you use double bushes, or fall back 15 after you spot them. As you fight based on your strengths. Not on theirs. As seeking them out or waiting for them to come to your face usually don't work to your advantage. Just works to their strengths. Then again +1 tanks on tier 8 are more broken then +2 tanks on tier 8. And I suspect that's why WG want's to remove +1 MM. +1 games are fine now and then. So are equal tier games. But if I only had that? I would leave instantly. MM needs tweaks ofc. And tier 8 MM is def one of them. But +1 is not the best solution I suspect for most. The 3-5-7 one is not ideal either on all tiers.

It's just not fun to play in these kind of match-ups where you are at a clear disadvantage trying to run from +2 tier vehicles and hope your top tier allies can deal with them.

I can see that. But it was way worse before. As then if you had a stock tier 6, you faced 10 tier 8's. Now you only face 3. And I'm sure you as the lowest tier can read the map to see where you can fight targets you can deal with. So don't push up the front unless you know what's what. Let your tier 8's do their job. Support them, and move once you got more intel on enemy targets you fear. Even as a HT, no one says you have to go up front to seek out their top tier HT's. Roles changes with MM spreads. If you know where their +2's are. Fight based on that. You are not 100% useless unless you want to be. And it sound like you seek out +2 targets more so then you seek +0. +0 outguns +2 in every match. So plenty of targets to move around that you can fight even so. Also.. damage is not the only way to get XP. If you have +2 support. Track shots can save you more then bouncing on his mantle will do, and you get XP for it to if they hit him. That or if you medium has enough camo, spotting is not the worst thing either if it's possible ofc.

Thuis001 #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5578 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

yeah, that is all fine and dandy. But it doesn't make the entire: Relying on your top tiers. any better, and when there are 10 top tiers in a match then it doesn't matter that much when 1 or 2 of them are statisticly underwhelming, but when there are only 3 on your team that gives you issues.Besides that I see quite often top tier tanks just laying back, farming lower tier tanks for free dmg and xp while ignoring the fact that they should be there leading the charge surpressing the enemy top tiers. The issue isn't +2 mm (that doesn't make it a good thing, there are just too many differences between the tiers, especially when they are 2 appart to be really fair (probably the worst case of this is between tier IV and VI, like seriously what the hell is a Matilda supposed to do vs a Thunderbolt?)) but the issue is the template system. That should have NEVER been added at all. It is bad, and forces you to bottom tier a lot. Just compare the amount of bottom tier you see nowadays compared to what you had a year ago (before 9.18) sure, you could be the only bottom tier, but it would mean you wouldn't really be focussed all that much, as you were 'only' a bottom tier. But the next match you would be at the top of the foodchain. Rather than now where you can just hope to get mid tier and then be happy as you can beat up some lower tier tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users