Too many scouts?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Too many scouts? (90 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How many scouts there should be at max in a game?

1. 1 (3 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

2. 2 (33 votes [36.67%])

Percentage of vote: 36.67%

3. 3 (29 votes [32.22%])

Percentage of vote: 32.22%

4. 4 (3 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

5. 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. 6 (22 votes [24.44%])

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

Vote Hide poll

Kill_Broccoli #1 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20937 battles

Since the introduction of the +2/-2mm and the new t10 scouts, light tanks had a huge increase in popularity. Before that, they were for the more skilled player, today there are 3 lights on average per team each battle.

Tonight i was in a battle on highway with 6 lights for team. Basically, there was no place in the map where you could move without getting spotted.

They're fast, they have great camo and more then a few of them have insane guns for their role.

Am i the only one who think scouts should be capped at a 2 maximum for each team?

Edited by Kill_Broccoli, 29 January 2018 - 10:18 PM.

In_Flames90 #2 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7756 battles
  • [STRV1] STRV1

Might have to do with Light weekend don't you think?

Usually I don't see more than 3 tops

Edited by In_Flames90, 29 January 2018 - 10:18 PM.

Chuwt #3 Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25911 battles
Saw a game a couple of days ago with 10 heavies a side, no lights at all.

Often get a lot of lights in very low tier games, but that is because most tanks are light at bottom of tech tree.
Dont think number of lights are a problem, although some do seem to be very overgunned..I really dont think a light should be able to consistently shoot through the main front plate of a heavy of the same level, almost all lights had small guns compared with the guns of the other tanks of the period...for example 1944 german and american lights still had 20mm and 37mm guns, wheras even mediums normally had 75mm or up. problem comes when 1960s concept lights fight WW2 tanks..the French lights of that period did have 75 mm guns, but the mediums of the same period had much larger.

TheOneAboveAII #4 Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14336 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Light tanks the same as arty need to be reduced to 3...but for different reasons...when there are a lot of light tanks on the same map...they all get in the way of eachother...i literally hate when i play my light tanks and see 2 or more other light tanks in my team and 3 or more in their team...we will all just go and fight for the spotting positions on the map instead of actually spotting...2 is the ideal light tank number for each team and 3 max. Especially on these corridor and small maps in wot where 1 light can cover either half the map or sometimes the entire map.

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 29 January 2018 - 11:12 PM.

undutchable80 #5 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7260 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Just like arty, I think 3 is a sweetspot for # of LTs per team.

What gets me though is the 'vehicle-matching'. Worst version I saw of that was a match with three LTs per team, where all of the LTs on the other team were autoloaders vs single shot LTs on our team. (And to top it off, the other team had a batchat as top tier.) I mean, they split the US LT line into autoloaders & non-autoloaders to make more sense (which it does), but then why not extend that 'sense' to the vehicle matchmaker....?

Gardar7 #6 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22854 battles
  • [VKG-] VKG-
Depends on number of arties. If there are 3 arties for example, then 12 lights are the perfect amount.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's light tanks, not scouts.
But yes, they should get capped, but simply bevause it sucks to play light tanks if you have two or more other lights around you.

Captain_Kremen0 #8 Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37279 battles

Hard for missions with too many LT's plus it upsets the balance of classes.

PS - whats with name???

Kill_Broccoli ????. You will be turning on sprouts next!

Kurat666 #9 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29534 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

Seems you would like to cap everything.....anything that threatens Steve the IS player.... 

Pro Tip: Git Gud and adopt - this game will be boring as f*k if all your dreams will come true

WG! PLZ add freeride mode where Steve can roll around without being shot at by those evil enemy tonks

Edited by Kurat666, 30 January 2018 - 09:16 AM.

Cobra6 #10 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 29 January 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Since the introduction of the +2/-2mm and the new t10 scouts, light tanks had a huge increase in popularity. Before that, they were for the more skilled player, today there are 3 lights on average per team each battle.

Tonight i was in a battle on highway with 6 lights for team. Basically, there was no place in the map where you could move without getting spotted.

They're fast, they have great camo and more then a few of them have insane guns for their role.

Am i the only one who think scouts should be capped at a 2 maximum for each team?

Oh here we go again, one of those clueless players that think light tanks should only ever scout, also on city maps, and should under no circumstances be able to defend themselves or do meaningful damage in a game....

A light tank has as it's job to spot when possible and when the situation requires it, but in all other instances it's just another damage dealer in the team that has as advantage that it's faster and has better camo but absolutely no armour.

Light tanks are still the class for experienced players that know what they are doing because of the ideal combo of speed, camo and effective guns. The only change is that now with the MM changes you see far more clueless players giving it a shot and those are the guys that mostly end up at the bottom half of the scoreboard with 2 shots worth of damage and 200 spotting damage before dying.

I have no problem with 6 light tanks on each team because most of them don't know how to play the class properly anyway so who cares and if they all take up my spotting locations I just go do damage or spot the more risky positions on the map.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 30 January 2018 - 09:31 AM.

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20393 battles

It seems many people still have this myth about "scout tanks" in this game.

There are no scout tanks anymore, there are just light tanks.

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 29 January 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

Show me on this IS-3 model where the light tank's insane guns hurt you.

I also have a Type 5 model, if that's easier to use since it's bigger.

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 29 January 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

Light tanks the same as arty need to be reduced to 3...but for different reasons...when there are a lot of light tanks on the same map...they all get in the way of eachother...i literally hate when i play my light tanks and see 2 or more other light tanks in my team and 3 or more in their team..

So do we also need to limit heavy tanks per side? Since most heavies always go to same brawling spots anyway.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

If by insane, you mean insanely crap, then yes. Otherwise, please show me these mythical tanks?

Jigzy84 #13 Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27248 battles
  • [SJB] SJB
6 either side :P

Somnorila #14 Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55835 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

I think that team roosters should be mirrored in regards of tank role and capability.

A team should also be somewhat composed like this: 2 LT's, 2 SPG's, 2-3 TD's, 3-4 MT's, 4-6 HT's. 

VsUK #15 Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14288 battles
You realise that you won't get a fair & impartial opinion. Considering a lot of wallet warriors play T9/10 lights because they're easier than playing a heavy or med!

Aim_Away_From_Face #16 Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26 battles

Does this thread make anyone else miss the open turret and howitzer on M5 Stuart? :confused:

Do be honest it could do with having those back as the chinese variant outclasses it by a mile in firepower and that pop-pop gun is really annoying.

SlyMeerkat #17 Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16458 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Indifferent 

Kill_Broccoli #18 Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20937 battles

View PostIn_Flames90, on 29 January 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

Might have to do with Light weekend don't you think?

Usually I don't see more than 3 tops

Sure, the six pack was an exception but 3/4 is the new norm and it's too much.

Mimos_A, on 30 January 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

They're fast, they have great camo and more then a few of them have insane guns for their role.View Post

If by insane, you mean insanely crap, then yes. Otherwise, please show me these mythical tanks?

Have a look at the t7 lights, most of them are comparable or better than the same tier meds. If you look at the chinese for example the WZ-131 is better in almost any regards than the T-34-1. More camo, more mobility, more dpm, better gun accuracy. Tradeoffs? Little less Hp, less turret armour, slightly less pen and damage per shot. Small downsides compared to the advantages.

T49 vs T54E1 may be another example.

View PostCobra6, on 30 January 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 29 January 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

They're fast, they have great camo and more then a few of them have insane guns for their role.

Oh here we go again, one of those clueless players that think light tanks should only ever scout, also on city maps, and should under no circumstances be able to defend themselves or do meaningful damage in a game....

A light tank has as it's job to spot when possible and when the situation requires it, but in all other instances it's just another damage dealer in the team that has as advantage that it's faster and has better camo but absolutely no armour.

There is a big difference between being able to defend themselves and do insane amount of damage. If a light tanks does more damage than the same tier medium, why bother to play the latter? 

Where is the balance factor in a tank that is a good damage dealer, has camo and view range, has mobility. Having no armour? Most of the meds have none or very little aswell and also lacks in the other departments.

Their balance factor used to be low alpha damage, if WG won't nerf them at least they should be limited in number.

vasilinhorulezz #19 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

15 not an option so I didn't vote.

On topic though, each team gets the same number of tank classes now, so it doesn't really put any of the teams at a serious disadvantage, like with the previous MM, where you could see 6 TD's on one team and two on the other, so it's not really a problem, and finally, light tanks are exactly that: light tanks, not scouts, scouting is a role, not a tank class, and every class can take the role of a scout (except artillery due to bad view range), depending on circumstances and if needed. 

Light tanks are the best probably because they retain camo when moving, but either meds or heavies can do that to, and occasionally even TDs can scout, in high tiers especially, pretty much everything can get max view range.

Mr_Burrows #20 Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45103 battles

Nerf lights. Nerf arty. Nerf td's. Nerf prem ammo. Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf almost anything that is not a heavy tank with att least 2900 HP and 500 mm armor all the way around. 

Nerf!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users